53-MAN ROSTER      Depth Chart      Kickoff Week      #PlayLikeARaven   

Photo

Madden Nfl 10, Player Ratings

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
77 replies to this topic

#21 wayne

wayne

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 11:28 PM

Yes, for Madden. But shame on you for trading with the Bungles!

Edit: Actually, no... you shouldnt do it. Chad 85'O is rated pretty low and is getting pretty old.

I wouldn't do it. Oher can be your franchise tackle and Chad Johnson (i refuse to call him by that other name) is getting old. You can get a good receiver in the 2nd round if you need one. Or trade the 2nd rounder for a younger receiver. :)

Thanks for the input fellas. Bullrush, the only reason I went through with it b/c we have good depth at the O-Line position. Other than that, it would have been a no go!Clayton or Mason in the slot with Ocho on one side combined with Heap in the middle equals great O and D with the Ravens. Also, I did the trade b/c I want instant success now. I want Ray to win him another one before he retires! B)

#22 Jesse Conroy

Jesse Conroy

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 06:34 PM

THESE ARENT OFFICIAL!!!!

They dont have the ratings for the Ravens yet, you can find that out on the offical Madden 10 website.

http://maddennfl.eas...om/cover.action

They havent even gotten to the AFC yet.

#23 Bullitt_711

Bullitt_711

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 10:36 PM

THESE ARENT OFFICIAL!!!!

They dont have the ratings for the Ravens yet, you can find that out on the offical Madden 10 website.

They havent even gotten to the AFC yet.

Jessica I don't know how to break it to you but they all match up. It's just a formality that you don't see it in color on that madden link. There's no need for a tantrum....

Edited by Bullitt_711, 04 July 2009 - 10:38 PM.

#24 52Kia Kaha92

52Kia Kaha92

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 03:18 PM

the ravens complete ratings are posted tommorow, which i will be downloading instantly lol
Posted Image

#25 McBurks

McBurks

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 03:47 PM

the ravens complete ratings are posted tommorow, which i will be downloading instantly lol

I second that. :)

Well I hope that I have thoroughly crushed your dreams.

Ray Lewis could be talking to you about how to fold laundry, and it would be the most intense thing ever

#26 ZIBBY28

ZIBBY28

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 02:49 AM

no love for Landry.. imagine that.. i hope he has a monster year and shuts up all his critiques

St. Louis Rams GM

2009 BR "You Pick 'em" Champion

Posted Image

#27 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 03:18 AM

no love for Landry.. imagine that.. i hope he has a monster year and shuts up all his critiques

A 77 rating on Madden 10 is about the equivalent of a rating of 85 on Madden 09. All the player ratings average out to 70 now so if Landry has been given a 77 rating (above average) after a year on IR I think thats a fair call.

#28 Bullrush

Bullrush

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 10:47 AM

http://espn.go.com/v...den10?teamId=25

Just checked out our ratings.

- Figurs got a 39 overall. :lol:
- Clayton with a 77 and his speed isn't that good either. Not sure what EA did last year, they probably didn't watch him play.
- Flacco kept his 97 arm strength but his accuracy is below average. Should have been in the early 80s at least. But his OVR would have been better than Ryan's i guess and EA can't do that of course. Ryan is their golden boy.
- Willie Anderson? :blink:
- Suggs got a 90. Speed is just ok, should have been 85+. Acceleration is great (95), he's strong (almost a 90 in strength) and a solid tackler. EA pretty much nailed that one.
- JJ is useless. No speed, no nothing.
- Gotta move Barnes over from the right side to start opposite Suggs. 85+ speed, 90+ acceleration, that sounds about right.
- Gooden with a 65. Should have been around mid 70.
- Koch got a 98 in accuracy.
- Hauschka has a big leg (94).
- Ngata is a 90 overall but if you move him back to DT his OVR will probably go up in the mid 90s. He has to be the strongest (97) and biggest DE in Madden. :D
- Pryce with an 83.
- Gregg with a 77.
- Bannan with a 74. Except for Ngata those are some horrible ratings for our D-Line.

If you want to download the complete ratings you can do that tonight on EAs website:
Shield on my arm
Sword in my right
Cape on my back
This is where we fight
Baltimore! We built for this!
- Terrell Suggs

#29 52Kia Kaha92

52Kia Kaha92

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 05:54 PM

was a little dissapointed in some of them
I think Gaither should of been higher aswell as landry, Walker, Clayton and Gregg

However i havent looked at individual ratings yet so ill do that later and post my thoughts
Posted Image

#30 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 09:12 PM

Edit: wrong stats

Edited by BloodRaven, 07 July 2009 - 10:57 PM.

#31 52Kia Kaha92

52Kia Kaha92

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 09:16 PM

^ yea thats a joke considering he is the best pass blocker we have and one of the best in the business
Posted Image

#32 Bullrush

Bullrush

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 04:47 AM

Nah, ESPN mixed up those two things. I checked out the file from EA and it says Gaither has a 88 pass block and an 82 run block. Oher has a 92 run bock.
Shield on my arm
Sword in my right
Cape on my back
This is where we fight
- Terrell Suggs

#33 ravensfan160

ravensfan160

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 01:28 PM

A 77 rating on Madden 10 is about the equivalent of a rating of 85 on Madden 09. All the player ratings average out to 70 now so if Landry has been given a 77 rating (above average) after a year on IR I think thats a fair call.

Where did you hear this? If thats the case and they're trying to lower player rankings across the board than I'm ok with it. Otherwise, our team is horrible! I buy Madden in about 4 year increments and I bought it last year. I'm glad I won't have to play with those player rankings. Fair or not, knowing your team has a C average is tough to get over. :(

#34 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,449 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 09:26 PM

I'm ok with the Ratings. Yes I do think there are players that rated too low, like Marcus Smith who could have a good year is too low. I'm not going to complain I mean at least Ed Reed is a 99. Though the ratings are too low, it makes things better when the players progress in Franchise Mode. I saw a blog on EA Sports website about how a player can gain up to 6 points in OVR if they have a great season and as low as 8(I think

I have been very excited when reading these blogs EA has put out. They have tweaked Franchise Mode(they fixed the Draft to where the Colts and Pats won't draft a QB in the first) and the computer are more protective with their picks and it won't be as easy to move up in the draft as it was in Madden 09. They have the wildcat, all new gang tackling and over 1000 new plays. This is going to be the best Madden in a long time.

#35 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 11:04 PM

Nah, ESPN mixed up those two things. I checked out the file from EA and it says Gaither has a 88 pass block and an 82 run block. Oher has a 92 run bock.

I should have figured that, do you have a direct link to the EA ratings?

Where did you hear this? If thats the case and they're trying to lower player rankings across the board than I'm ok with it. Otherwise, our team is horrible! I buy Madden in about 4 year increments and I bought it last year. I'm glad I won't have to play with those player rankings. Fair or not, knowing your team has a C average is tough to get over. :(

This is common knowledge, the Madden ratings have been stretched out so lower rated players (sub 70) in Madden 09 will now be rated in the 50s. Average players rated in the early 80s will now be rated around 70. Its like Madden 01.

#36 Bullrush

Bullrush

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:08 AM

Sure man, here you go: http://ll-100.ea.com...vensRatings.xls
Shield on my arm
Sword in my right
Cape on my back
This is where we fight
- Terrell Suggs

#37 wayne

wayne

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 01:36 PM

77 rating would be fair for Landry, except, they didn't give him 77 Ovr rating, it's a jaw dropping 71 Overall rating!They were suppose to be downscalling the Mid ratings players down 10 points like they did to Kelly Gregg and a few others, but Landry going from a 87-88 Overall down to a 71 Overall is crazy!

#38 Corvus

Corvus

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,417 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 12:07 PM

I am really not liking the madden 10 rating for not only the Ravens, but basically every team I have looked at. I understand that they're trying to differentiate between "elite" players and the rest of the league, but this is pretty ridiculous. With basically every team, if your starting QB goes down you are SCREWED. We for example have Joe as an 81 rating, but after that Troy and Beck were given a 59 and 48 respectively. How are you going to win a game if Joe were to get injured for the game? You won't be able to, simple as that. Just seems like no fun to me.

I also think its very funny that in madden 09 Joe's accuracy started out in the mid 70s (75 I think if memory serves), and after a full season as a starter of completing 60% of his passes in real life, madden 10 plummets his accuracy to a 67.

I won't be picking this one up, I'll stick with 09 and use my money on other things, thanks.

#39 Sizzle

Sizzle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:35 PM

I am really not liking the madden 10 rating for not only the Ravens, but basically every team I have looked at. I understand that they're trying to differentiate between "elite" players and the rest of the league, but this is pretty ridiculous. With basically every team, if your starting QB goes down you are SCREWED. We for example have Joe as an 81 rating, but after that Troy and Beck were given a 59 and 48 respectively. How are you going to win a game if Joe were to get injured for the game? You won't be able to, simple as that. Just seems like no fun to me.

I also think its very funny that in madden 09 Joe's accuracy started out in the mid 70s (75 I think if memory serves), and after a full season as a starter of completing 60% of his passes in real life, madden 10 plummets his accuracy to a 67.

I won't be picking this one up, I'll stick with 09 and use my money on other things, thanks.

Last year i played with the eagles cause the ravens sucked i was really hoping they would get better so ill just play with my eagles.

#40 Corvus

Corvus

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,417 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 08:27 PM

Last year i played with the eagles cause the ravens sucked i was really hoping they would get better so ill just play with my eagles.

I hardly played online with 09 because I always had opponents leaving games or slow servers.

My Ravens franchise though, the Ravens were awesome. At the point when I last played (just started 2012 season) our 08 rookie class was doing great. Joe had a rating of 94, Ray Rice a 92, Marcus Smith, Nakamura, Zbikowski all in the mid eighties. Plus with all of the guys who were already great (Ray, Haloti, Ed, etc) it is great to play with the Ravens, heh heh.

Much better than the shaft madden 10 gave a lot of teams.