Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bullitt_711

Madden Nfl 10, Player Ratings

78 posts in this topic

^ yea thats a joke considering he is the best pass blocker we have and one of the best in the business

Nah, ESPN mixed up those two things. I checked out the file from EA and it says Gaither has a 88 pass block and an 82 run block. Oher has a 92 run bock.

[quote name='BloodRaven' date='06 July 2009 - 04:18 AM' timestamp='1246868320' post='205254']
A 77 rating on Madden 10 is about the equivalent of a rating of 85 on Madden 09. All the player ratings average out to 70 now so if Landry has been given a 77 rating (above average) after a year on IR I think thats a fair call.
[/quote]
Where did you hear this? If thats the case and they're trying to lower player rankings across the board than I'm ok with it. Otherwise, our team is horrible! I buy Madden in about 4 year increments and I bought it last year. I'm glad I won't have to play with those player rankings. Fair or not, knowing your team has a C average is tough to get over. :(

I'm ok with the Ratings. Yes I do think there are players that rated too low, like Marcus Smith who could have a good year is too low. I'm not going to complain I mean at least Ed Reed is a 99. Though the ratings are too low, it makes things better when the players progress in Franchise Mode. I saw a blog on EA Sports website about how a player can gain up to 6 points in OVR if they have a great season and as low as 8(I think

I have been very excited when reading these blogs EA has put out. They have tweaked Franchise Mode(they fixed the Draft to where the Colts and Pats won't draft a QB in the first) and the computer are more protective with their picks and it won't be as easy to move up in the draft as it was in Madden 09. They have the wildcat, all new gang tackling and over 1000 new plays. This is going to be the best Madden in a long time.

[quote name='Bullrush' date='07 July 2009 - 04:47 AM' timestamp='1246960030' post='205391']
Nah, ESPN mixed up those two things. I checked out the file from EA and it says Gaither has a 88 pass block and an 82 run block. Oher has a 92 run bock.
[/quote]

I should have figured that, do you have a direct link to the EA ratings?

[quote name='ravensfan160' date='07 July 2009 - 01:28 PM' timestamp='1246991302' post='205433']
Where did you hear this? If thats the case and they're trying to lower player rankings across the board than I'm ok with it. Otherwise, our team is horrible! I buy Madden in about 4 year increments and I bought it last year. I'm glad I won't have to play with those player rankings. Fair or not, knowing your team has a C average is tough to get over. :(
[/quote]

This is common knowledge, the Madden ratings have been stretched out so lower rated players (sub 70) in Madden 09 will now be rated in the 50s. Average players rated in the early 80s will now be rated around 70. Its like Madden 01.

Sure man, here you go: http://ll-100.ea.com/cem/u/f/GPO/easports.com/madden/madden10/ravens/RavensRatings.xls

[quote name='ZIBBY28' date='06 July 2009 - 02:49 AM' timestamp='1246866598' post='205249']
[b]no love for Landry[/b].. imagine that.. i hope he has a monster year and shuts up all his critiques
[/quote]

[quote name='BloodRaven' date='06 July 2009 - 03:18 AM' timestamp='1246868320' post='205254']
[b]A 77 rating on Madden 10 is about the equivalent of a rating of 85 on Madden 09.[/b] All the player ratings average out to 70 now so if Landry has been given a 77 rating (above average) after a year on IR I think thats a fair call.
[/quote]

77 rating would be fair for Landry, except, they didn't give him 77 Ovr rating, it's a jaw dropping 71 Overall rating!They were suppose to be downscalling the Mid ratings players down 10 points like they did to Kelly Gregg and a few others, but Landry going from a 87-88 Overall down to a 71 Overall is crazy!

I am really not liking the madden 10 rating for not only the Ravens, but basically every team I have looked at. I understand that they're trying to differentiate between "elite" players and the rest of the league, but this is pretty ridiculous. With basically every team, if your starting QB goes down you are SCREWED. We for example have Joe as an 81 rating, but after that Troy and Beck were given a 59 and 48 respectively. How are you going to win a game if Joe were to get injured for the game? You won't be able to, simple as that. Just seems like no fun to me.

I also think its very funny that in madden 09 Joe's accuracy started out in the mid 70s (75 I think if memory serves), and after a full season as a starter of completing 60% of his passes in real life, madden 10 plummets his accuracy to a 67.

I won't be picking this one up, I'll stick with 09 and use my money on other things, thanks.

[quote name='Corvus' date='11 July 2009 - 01:07 PM' timestamp='1247332064' post='205983']
I am really not liking the madden 10 rating for not only the Ravens, but basically every team I have looked at. I understand that they're trying to differentiate between "elite" players and the rest of the league, but this is pretty ridiculous. With basically every team, if your starting QB goes down you are SCREWED. We for example have Joe as an 81 rating, but after that Troy and Beck were given a 59 and 48 respectively. How are you going to win a game if Joe were to get injured for the game? You won't be able to, simple as that. Just seems like no fun to me.

I also think its very funny that in madden 09 Joe's accuracy started out in the mid 70s (75 I think if memory serves), and after a full season as a starter of completing 60% of his passes in real life, madden 10 plummets his accuracy to a 67.

I won't be picking this one up, I'll stick with 09 and use my money on other things, thanks.
[/quote]
Last year i played with the eagles cause the ravens sucked i was really hoping they would get better so ill just play with my eagles.

[quote name='Sizzle' date='12 July 2009 - 01:35 PM' timestamp='1247420119' post='206108']
Last year i played with the eagles cause the ravens sucked i was really hoping they would get better so ill just play with my eagles.
[/quote]

I hardly played online with 09 because I always had opponents leaving games or slow servers.

My Ravens franchise though, the Ravens were awesome. At the point when I last played (just started 2012 season) our 08 rookie class was doing great. Joe had a rating of 94, Ray Rice a 92, Marcus Smith, Nakamura, Zbikowski all in the mid eighties. Plus with all of the guys who were already great (Ray, Haloti, Ed, etc) it is great to play with the Ravens, heh heh.

Much better than the shaft madden 10 gave a lot of teams.

RAW DEAL
[quote]
ESPN.com released all of the 'Madden 10' ratings for the AFC North this week, and they are noticeably harsh this year, most likely in an effort to make the game more challenging.

Here is a recap:

Baltimore Ravens

The good news: With five players with 90-plus speed, the Ravens finally have speed in their secondary. In prior years, trying to use Chris McAlister and Dawan Landry together was difficult against teams which liked to throw deep. Landry (78 speed) is still at safety and Ravens users may want to insert a faster replacement.

The bad news: After completing 60 percent of his passes last season, Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco got a raw deal with a 75 accuracy rating. That is almost unusable in "Madden." In fact the entire offense seems a bit off. The offensive line, in particular, looks significantly worse than real life.

Overall: If you're really good at winning games 10-7, the Ravens are the team for you. Otherwise, the offense might make the Ravens a team to avoid this year. It seems "Madden 10" shorted a team that's coming off an AFC title game. Baltimore's poorly-rated offensive line is particularly worrisome, because running the football with the three-headed monster is a major part of what the Ravens do well.[/quote]

espn's AFC North Madden Review...
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcnorth/0-3-156/-Madden-10--analysis.html

[quote name='Corvus' date='12 July 2009 - 08:27 PM' timestamp='1247448466' post='206164']
I hardly played online with 09 because I always had opponents leaving games or slow servers.

My Ravens franchise though, the Ravens were awesome. At the point when I last played (just started 2012 season) our 08 rookie class was doing great. Joe had a rating of 94, Ray Rice a 92, Marcus Smith, Nakamura, Zbikowski all in the mid eighties. Plus with all of the guys who were already great (Ray, Haloti, Ed, etc) it is great to play with the Ravens, heh heh.

[/quote]
I actually did great with the Ravens on 09. Points for was around 18 and Points against was around 11. I was like 155-54 with playing with the Ravens 90% of the time. We have started an early franchise for Madden 10 and I have acquired Stephen Jackson and Adalious Thomas. I end up losing Oher, trading Kruger for a 2nd, and losing my 2010 and 2011 1st round picks.

I must say that they are trying to give Flacco a stereotype of an inaccurate QB and I don't like it. There is no way Flacco should have 75 Tha! I'm glad they gave him 70 speed which should be 73-75 if you ask me but EA always hates on the Ravens. Whats more disappointing than Flacco is Landry's 71 overal rating! He went from 88 to 87 on Madden 09 after getting put on IR to a 71 overall on Madden 10 all while being on IR. I understand scaling him down 10 points due to EA scaling everyone down but scaling him down 16-17 points, you got to be kidding me! Looks like Landry we have to prove himself all over again like he is a rookie !

does anyone know/ attempt to reason why jason phillips isnt on the madden roster? that just because hes still recovering from surgery and not actually doing anything or because theres no room on the madden roster.? Anyone

[quote name='Corvus' date='12 July 2009 - 09:27 PM' timestamp='1247448466' post='206164']

My Ravens franchise though, the Ravens were awesome. At the point when I last played (just started 2012 season) our 08 rookie class was doing great. Joe had a rating of 94, [b]Ray Rice a 92[/b], Marcus Smith, Nakamura, Zbikowski all in the mid eighties. Plus with all of the guys who were already great (Ray, Haloti, Ed, etc) it is great to play with the Ravens, heh heh.

[/quote]

What did you do,trade McGahee and turn LeRon McClainback to a FB?I kept McGahee,got him back up to his 90's self(after the last roster update where he's like in the low 80's) and ran the ball constantly and got 1000+ rush yds with each back.

[quote name='wayne' date='13 July 2009 - 03:08 PM' timestamp='1247512106' post='206302']
I must say that they are trying to give Flacco a stereotype of an inaccurate QB and I don't like it. There is no way Flacco should have 75 Tha! I'm glad they gave him 70 speed which should be 73-75 if you ask me but EA always hates on the Ravens. Whats more disappointing than Flacco is Landry's 71 overal rating! He went from 88 to 87 on Madden 09 after getting put on IR to a 71 overall on Madden 10 all while being on IR. I understand scaling him down 10 points due to EA scaling everyone down but scaling him down 16-17 points, you got to be kidding me! Looks like Landry we have to prove himself all over again like he is a rookie !
[/quote]

Yeah and of course when Tom Brady misses a whole season his rating the following year is a 98. This game is a joke. The hate on the Ravens is intolerable.

[quote name='Bltravens' date='14 July 2009 - 09:04 PM' timestamp='1247623470' post='206983']
does anyone know/ attempt to reason why jason phillips isnt on the madden roster? that just because hes still recovering from surgery and not actually doing anything or because theres no room on the madden roster.? Anyone
[/quote]

He was on the first rookie roster that was released a few weeks ago, from memory he was a 71. The rosters have been overhauled since then and a lot of changes have been made.

[quote name='BloodRaven' date='14 July 2009 - 09:24 PM' timestamp='1247628289' post='207026']
He was on the first rookie roster that was released a few weeks ago, from memory he was a 71. The rosters have been overhauled since then and a lot of changes have been made.
[/quote]

How in the frig could they rate him higher than Gooden?

[quote name='Bltravens' date='15 July 2009 - 12:50 PM' timestamp='1247680238' post='207389']
[/quote]

They have rated him higher than Gooden,Barnes, and McClain, LOL! Don't know why he isn't on the full team rosters myself, with how he is rated and how fast he ran at the combine, he might be starting next to Ray Lewis in my 3-4 defense over Gooden!

[quote name='Simba' date='15 July 2009 - 01:04 PM' timestamp='1247625263' post='207010']
What did you do,trade McGahee and turn LeRon McClainback to a FB?I kept McGahee,got him back up to his 90's self(after the last roster update where he's like in the low 80's) and ran the ball constantly and got 1000+ rush yds with each back.
[/quote]

Dude up the difficulty or adjust your sliders or something. You're saying your team rushed for over 3000 yards in a season? I think you need to challenge yourself man...

just heard an ea interview...they had bryant mcfadden and william gay in the studio and they said madden graphics(they played the demo) were far improved and they didnt think madden could get better than 09.

they said in the REAL nfl that the best route runner was chad johnson and derrick mason. mason was best route runner and chad was most complete receiver.

btw i got my demo code im gonna try it now but dont think it will work till thursday. im gonna play the heck outta this demo. nope just says invalid. i was hoping gamestop employee gave it to me early by mistake.

John Beck????? 48????? what the heck, I know they want to be more realistic with the ratings and John Beck hasnt done anything with his career.....BUT HE CAN AT LEAST PLAY QUARTERBACK

[quote name='J-man' date='28 July 2009 - 11:54 AM' timestamp='1248796484' post='210892']
John Beck????? 48????? what the heck, I know they want to be more realistic with the ratings and John Beck hasnt done anything with his career.....BUT HE CAN AT LEAST PLAY QUARTERBACK
[/quote]
The scale of the ratings themselves were adjusted, as well. A 48 is not necessarily as bad as it would be in previous Madden games. A 48 is just mediocre, not entirely horrible. I think there were some 30's in the game...

[quote name='Bltravens' date='15 July 2009 - 01:50 PM' timestamp='1247680238' post='207389']
[/quote]
Keep in mind, the ratings are also relative to each position. Phillips will be playing outside linebacker, whereas Godden is an inside linebacker. Although in our eyes a linebacker is a linebacker no matter where he's standing, those two positions are still unique.

Anybody catch the video of Patrick Crayton throwing his toys like a baby when he interviewed the development team? its hilarious, hes none too happy about his mid 60s madden rating. Its on youtube.

[quote name='theFRANCHISE' date='28 July 2009 - 10:26 AM' timestamp='1248798384' post='210902']
Keep in mind, the ratings are also relative to each position. Phillips will be playing outside linebacker, whereas Godden is an inside linebacker. Although in our eyes a linebacker is a linebacker no matter where he's standing, those two positions are still unique.
[/quote]

Yes OLB and ILB have different responsibilities you are correct on that. But Phillips is an ILB, at least he was at TCU. So that being said did the ravens move him? or did madden just go madden on his position and change it?

[quote name='wayne' date='01 July 2009 - 02:39 AM' timestamp='1246408740' post='204519']
Thats what I was saying but it's suppose to be positional ratings so I can only guess that 83 speed for an OLB is faster than 83 speed for a MLB. If this is not the case, Suggs defintely got raped!
[/quote]
but i think that T-Good is faster than Ray and on madden hes slower

I seen the ratings, they are not good and there totally off with the ratings. Like Foxworth being rated a 82 he's more like an 88.

Well, I can always edit the ratings right?

Plus, I have rookies coming in from NCAA Football 10.

Anyone starting an online franchise on eitha the 360 or da ps3 because i just want one i can join. but i want a fantasy draft because everyone here would pick the ravens.

[quote name='wayne' date='30 June 2009 - 02:04 PM' timestamp='1246385071' post='204449']
(Lewis-83, Suggs-83, Gooden-82, McClain-80, Barnes-86) and a fast secondary(Fabian-98, Dominique-93, Webb-93, Reed-93), best combination of speed for a defense on the game!

Gooden speed should be alot higher(87-89) and Suggs speed should be higher(85-87) and Barnes is alright with 86 speed which should be higher also!
[/quote]
Suggs only ran a 4.85 40 so the rating is accurate. Barnes ran a 4.40 as a LB that should be atleast 93+. Good ran a 4.6 much faster than Suggs. Foxworth was a 4.30 a little slower than Washington. This is just the inaccuracy of the speed ratings.

All the ratings are off Troy Smith 59 rating, our OL is some of the best. Webb and Carr better than Frank Walker. Stupid I won't buy the game if the ratings are this off.