Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FlaccosFlock

Brooks Foster

4 posts in this topic

I know that everybody wants for us to go after a Top Flight WR and I think thats a valid argument. I personally would love to get one as well. I think that a great project WR that we could probably get in the 6th round is Brooks Foster. He is 6'1 and weighs about 210. At UNC's Pro Day he ran a 4.39 40, posted a 37 inch vertical, and a broad jump of 10-4. I know that we have some other project WR's on the roster, but I really like this guy and I think that he has a big ceiling. Butch Davis thinks he has a ton of potential as well. I would love for us to take a chance on him with a 6th or 7th round pick. I wouldn't even mind signing him if he doesn't get drafted just to see how he does in camp. What do you guys think about him? I realize that everyone doesn't want a project WR, but I think if we get Torry Holt maybe Brooks could be groomed by Holt. Let me know what you think about him. I am sure everybody has their favorite WR's in this years draft and I am just asking what everyone thinks about Foster.

[quote name='FlaccosFlock' post='170280' date='Mar 18 2009, 11:07 PM']I know that everybody wants for us to go after a Top Flight WR and I think thats a valid argument. I personally would love to get one as well. I think that a great project WR that we could probably get in the 6th round is Brooks Foster. He is 6'1 and weighs about 210. At UNC's Pro Day he ran a 4.39 40, posted a 37 inch vertical, and a broad jump of 10-4. I know that we have some other project WR's on the roster, but I really like this guy and I think that he has a big ceiling. Butch Davis thinks he has a ton of potential as well. I would love for us to take a chance on him with a 6th or 7th round pick. I wouldn't even mind signing him if he doesn't get drafted just to see how he does in camp. What do you guys think about him? I realize that everyone doesn't want a project WR, but I think if we get Torry Holt maybe Brooks could be groomed by Holt. Let me know what you think about him. I am sure everybody has their favorite WR's in this years draft and I am just asking what everyone thinks about Foster.[/quote]

I wouldn't mind Foster in the late rounds. Why not? Many people love Nicks, and Foster opened some eyes this offseason, however i think the better guy to come out of NC might just be Brandon Tate.

Brandon Tate is a very explosive WR, he is fast in and out of his cuts and is also a great return man. He is the same size as Nicks, but about 20 pounds lighter, however he is a bigger playmaker then Nicks. Many people didn't hear much about Hakeem Nicks until the end of the 08 season and Tate was the reason. Just looking at his stats won't tell u the whole stroy on this kid, neither will lookin at you tube but it will give u a good idea of what he can do.

Tate imo is one of those true slot WRs that gives u that returner like feel to the offense when he touches the ball. Comparing him Wes Welker would be a big jump, but he would use his speed and quickness the same out of the slot. It wouldn't be fair for LB or Safeties to try and match up with him, but if u can create that mismacth for him then he would take advantage everytime.

Tate has an very serious injury to over come and will probably be stashed on someone's PS, or IR in his first season. However after that he is a guy that could be a primary returner, before finding his way into the slot. He is by far a finished product as a WR and is no where near as polished as Nicks. However his size and quickness will make him an very attractive option for someone in the 5th round or so.

He is a guy that never really got a chance to delevop as a WR, with the Tar Heels using him as the primary return man(think Devin Hester). He would have to work really hard to make an impact as a WR but he is more then capable. I would love for the Ravens to select this kid on day 2 of the draft and if they do it would probably push Figurs off the roster.(if Tate is 100% healthy).

Here is his youtube clip(and yes that is our very own Gooden who pulls the hammy trying to chase him)

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS6L070REw0"]Brandon Tate[/url]

Here's a great Kickoff Return

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAqZvEm1eLw&feature=related"]KO Return[/url]

[quote name='Ravensfan23' post='170300' date='Mar 19 2009, 12:07 AM']I wouldn't mind Foster in the late rounds. Why not? Many people love Nicks, and Foster opened some eyes this offseason, however i think the better guy to come out of NC might just be Brandon Tate.

Brandon Tate is a very explosive WR, he is fast in and out of his cuts and is also a great return man. He is the same size as Nicks, but about 20 pounds lighter, however he is a bigger playmaker then Nicks. Many people didn't hear much about Hakeem Nicks until the end of the 08 season and Tate was the reason. Just looking at his stats won't tell u the whole stroy on this kid, neither will lookin at you tube but it will give u a good idea of what he can do.

Tate imo is one of those true slot WRs that gives u that returner like feel to the offense when he touches the ball. Comparing him Wes Welker would be a big jump, but he would use his speed and quickness the same out of the slot. It wouldn't be fair for LB or Safeties to try and match up with him, but if u can create that mismacth for him then he would take advantage everytime.

Tate has an very serious injury to over come and will probably be stashed on someone's PS, or IR in his first season. However after that he is a guy that could be a primary returner, before finding his way into the slot. He is by far a finished product as a WR and is no where near as polished as Nicks. However his size and quickness will make him an very attractive option for someone in the 5th round or so.

He is a guy that never really got a chance to delevop as a WR, with the Tar Heels using him as the primary return man(think Devin Hester). He would have to work really hard to make an impact as a WR but he is more then capable. I would love for the Ravens to select this kid on day 2 of the draft and if they do it would probably push Figurs off the roster.(if Tate is 100% healthy).

Here is his youtube clip(and yes that is our very own Gooden who pulls the hammy trying to chase him)

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS6L070REw0"]Brandon Tate[/url]

Here's a great Kickoff Return

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAqZvEm1eLw&feature=related"]KO Return[/url][/quote]

I totally agree with you on Brandon Tate. He played at Burlington Cummings in High School and he was unbelievable. I loved him at UNC and hated to see him get hurt on that kick return. I think he will end up being good in the NFL as well. I read an interview the other day and he said he should be ready for Rookie Camp. He said that he was at 85% already.

[quote name='FlaccosFlock' post='170359' date='Mar 19 2009, 07:49 AM']I totally agree with you on Brandon Tate. He played at Burlington Cummings in High School and he was unbelievable. I loved him at UNC and hated to see him get hurt on that kick return. I think he will end up being good in the NFL as well. [b]I read an interview the other day and he said he should be ready for Rookie Camp. He said that he was at 85% already[/b].[/quote]

Yea the problem for Tate is his speed is his meal ticket. Because he won't be able to run a 40 time or show his quickness and smooth route running, teams will not be as quick to take a chance with him. So as a result he will fall to probably the 5th round or later. He's the type of guy that would have forced himself into the second round or maybe even the first round if he would have stayed healthy.

His return ability is tremendous and he actually runs good routes as a WR and catches the ball well. Now i think he needs to do more work as a WR but if he is as healthy as he says then he will make a impact on STs early. He will be a steal for someone in the draft because he's a guy with early round talent that will be drafted late. The kid is a playmaker, he is a big play waiting to happen everytime he touches the ball.

I hear a lot of people talkin about Cam's trick plays on this board. Well this kid will add tremdous value in that area. He would add speed quickness and match up problems for the Ravens. I think that if he is avalible for the Ravens late, we should draft him rather then allow him to be a UDFA.