BR News

[News] Late For Work 4/21: Will Ravens Make Playoffs? Predicting Regular-Season Record

80 posts in this topic

Nitpicking the Ravens' fair and 'balanced' schedule. The biggest complaint is Pittsburgh’s schedule is easier despite making the playoffs. Will a failed drug test force top linebacker Reuben Foster to slide to the Ravens?

View the full article

Really can't wait for the draft to be over. All the speculation hurts my brain! I'm glad I don't have Ozzie's job (although sometimes I wish I did). ;)

Foster will be available , the Ravens will pass , and we will miss out on the opportunity to have the most dominate linebacker duo in the league. Ravens still trying to save face from the ray rice issue

no thanks on foster in the first round same thing happened to TJ an we got him in the second but if we don't hit a home run with at least 4 guys in the draft people saying we going 9-7 10-6 11-5 if we don't put a good O-Line in front of joe and give him some young weapons it really don't matter how good our D is if joe can't get us in kicking distance we can't score

P.S Go Wizards

Hensley predicting losses at Oakland an Squeelers because of not containing the Qb's late in the game? All the Defensive upgrades we have done so far takes care of that. They are wins baby! 11-5. Go Ravens!

if fournutte makes it past 11 dont be surprised if we trade up for him.. If we stay put at 16, i wouldnt be mad if we drafted 2 defenders first two rounds then, 2 olinemen in 3rd... i feel like this draft we are drafting for the future.

With the obvious caveat being that nobody has any clue who is going to be good at this point...

Hensley's analysis isn't terrible, though I don't see us losing at Home to Indy. That's not a team I see much reason to be threatened by at this point... think they could easily be the worst team in their division this year.

Something tells me the main reason he picked them to lose that game is because he doesn't see us going 8-0 at home, which I agree is a stretch.

See no reason we can't win at least 5-6 home games though. Think Pittsburgh, Detroit and Houston will be the biggest tests there.

Probably need to find a way to win 4-5 road games. Jags game is neutral site, so that helps. Cleveland obviously feels like a winnable game, but the rest of the road games are very tough based on what I see.

I can see us picking one of these players in order of preference if available and they slide to us of course. Rueben Foster, Johnathan Allen (only because some speculate he may slide), Corey Davis, Derek Barnett, Mike Williams, Marlon Humphrey, Takk McKinley, John Ross and finally Jabrill Peppers if none mentioned above are available.

Foster will be available , the Ravens will pass , and we will miss out on the opportunity to have the most dominate linebacker duo in the league. Ravens still trying to save face from the ray rice issue

They need to let that go, Ray Rice wasn't even a bad guy...he just made one big mistake

Hensley predicting losses at Oakland an Squeelers because of not containing the Qb's late in the game? All the Defensive upgrades we have done so far takes care of that. They are wins baby! 11-5. Go Ravens!

Oaklands offense (on paper) is going to be scary if Carr comes back healthy. The have a solid Oline, one of the best WR in the game and Marshawn running the ball (amusing he can get back into pro bowl form after the year off). Their defense looks scary too, but I would have said the same thing about their D last off season and they had a disappointing season.

10-6 or 11-5 as long key injuries do not come into play

Since 2012, key injuries have ALWAYS come into play. It's not a question of WILL key players go down, it's a question of WHICH key players will go down.

Them taking or not taking Foster will have nothing to do with Ray Rice.

Fans are incorrectly applying the notion that we won't draft players with DV backgrounds and extending that to mean we don't take players with off-field issues at all, which of course isn't accurate.

2 hours ago, potomacpitbulls said:

To me we need balance in this draft.

1. Reuben Foster LB
2. Taco Charlton DE
3. Sidney Jones CB
3. Ethan Pocic C
4. Samaje Perine RB
5. Chad Hansen WR
6. Bryan Cox Jr DE

A dope head ILB at # 16? No thanks, as a matter of fact Pocic is the only one that makes sense. No more over achieving high motor guys like Hansen. They need football players.

3 hours ago, BiggMack91 said:

no thanks on foster in the first round same thing happened to TJ an we got him in the second but if we don't hit a home run with at least 4 guys in the draft people saying we going 9-7 10-6 11-5 if we don't put a good O-Line in front of joe and give him some young weapons it really don't matter how good our D is if joe can't get us in kicking distance we can't score

P.S Go Wizards

We got TJ in the Second? That's news.

He's talking Jernigan, not Jefferson

I've been on the Reuben Foster to Baltimore train since right around the combine, and it's picking up even more steam now! That'd be the best 1st round pick I can imagine, dude is one of the top 5 defensive players in the whole draft. If we can get him and Juju in rds. 1 and 2 and then Pocic and Sidney Jones with our two 3rd round picks, I will be ecstatic. And honestly, at this time, all of that seems genuinely attainable.

1 hour ago, rmcjacket23 said:

Them taking or not taking Foster will have nothing to do with Ray Rice.

Fans are incorrectly applying the notion that we won't draft players with DV backgrounds and extending that to mean we don't take players with off-field issues at all, which of course isn't accurate.

I'm gonna have to disagree w/ you on this one.

I'm pretty certain the Ravens FO changed their philosophy on drafting or signing FA's w/ character/off-field issues after the Rice incident.  

Off the top of my head, I can't think of a player w/ off-field issues that the Ravens have signed since cutting Rice. 

if fournutte makes it past 11 dont be surprised if we trade up for him.. If we stay put at 16, i wouldnt be mad if we drafted 2 defenders first two rounds then, 2 olinemen in 3rd... i feel like this draft we are drafting for the future.

If Fournette makes past 6 the Ravens might move up !

Carr, Bradford and the entire Colts team will not play well against a much improved Ravens secondary. Thats said, there is a big difference between 9-7 and 12-4. But if I were a prognosticator I would go Ravens to make the playoffs.

9 minutes ago, 757RavensFan said:

I'm gonna have to disagree w/ you on this one.

I'm pretty certain the Ravens FO changed their philosophy on drafting or signing FA's w/ character/off-field issues after the Rice incident.  

Off the top of my head, I can't think of a player w/ off-field issues that the Ravens have signed since cutting Rice. 

Alex Lewis says hi