BR News

[News] Baltimore Ravens Announce 2017 Schedule

52 posts in this topic

Baltimore will start and finish with divisional games and finally got a home Monday Night Football game, but will have to face their division rivals the week after returning from London.

View the full article

Looking over the schedule I have to say I think its fair.
Observations
1, They gave Harbs&Ravens the later bye week they like. Week 10.
2, No prolonged road trips or home stays. 3 straight weeks to a month, on road or at home.
Its a balanced Schedule, Every other week is Home/Road until the last month finishes 2 road gms then 2 home gms
3, Toughest Stretch of season on paper Packers, Steelers away, Texans, Lions at home directly after bye

London is only 5 hours difference. but yea sucks we get the steelers after that. The good thing is, its much easier flying back west then going over

I hope we come out blazing because that stretch with the Steelers and Raiders will be tough then we have a lot of manageable games. I worry of that late November to December stretch though. Packers, Lions, Texans and then Steelers on the road again of course. 

I'm optimistic and would make a prediction post draft but it looks like another 8-8 or 9-7 season.

We have to close against the Bengals AGAIN? This is getting old, but hey, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the only other time we started and ended with the Bengals was 2012, and we won the Super Bowl following that season. And 2012 was the last time we had a home Monday night game too. So hopefully this is a sign of good times to come in Baltimore! But jeeze, they could have at least given us the Bears in week 4 and the Steelers in week 6 instead. I mean come on, making our home game against our biggest rival be the week after coming back from London? That's just cruel!

Ladies and gentlemen... a good schedule!

As for the particulars: let's divide things into four categories: Great/Good/Bad/Very Bad.

Very Bad:

- Weeks 3-6 with the two interplanetar trips sandwiching the Steelers game. That stretch is brutal.

Bad:

- The GB trip in mid-November. It's gonna be cold there... I was hoping for a fall trip. But hey, it's still not December, so it could have been worse...

- A road opening game. Not a tragedy, but it would have been nicer to kick it off in the Bank - especially that Week 3 will take us accross the ocean...

- Most of the "easier" games packed together in the middle of the season. It would have been better if they're spread out more evenly throughout the season... but once again: it' nowhere near a tragedy.

Good:

- A SNF game in Pittsburgh. It's gonna be 10 Dec, more than 7 months away - and still we can be sure it's gonna be a classic one, maybe even deciding the division... Who would it any other way?

- The Texans as our MNF opponent. Playing the MNF game in a currently-hot team's place has gotten kinda very old if you ask me... 

- Two of our 3 prime-time, nationally televised games are gonna be played in the Bank. Nuff said.

Great:

- A home MNF game??? Am I dreaming?

- CIN Week#17 - but in Baltimore??? Am I dreaming?

- Mid-season bye. Week 9 would have been the perfect one, but Week 10 is also good.

- The home/road rhythm is very good. No 3-game home/road game stretches, only one 2-game road stretch, and even that is wrapped around the bye - and two 2-home-game runs, both in the second half of the season, including 2 home games to close the season out... compare that to last season's end with road games in PIT and CIN... Or compare our schedul with that of the Pats who have a stretch (W10-15) with 5 of 6 games on the road... fankly, that should be illegal :) ... or the Bengals who will have a 3-game road run followed by a 3-game home run (W9-14)... that's also quite far from perfect...

So, to sum it up, with only one really unfriendly detail, I don't think we have much to complain about...

Edited by bioLarzen

They gave us a mid season bye but made us play Steelers after the trip to/from UK. I don't like that.

The best - for once we don't go to Cincy in last week, praise Lord!

"The last time the season finale between these two teams was at M&T Bank Stadium was in 2010."

Man, what a rotten game that was... won by us 13 to 7, but could have easily been a L if Carson Palmer actually cares to win the game, and throws a decent pass at the end of the game...

1 hour ago, Malik45168 said:

First 8 games i think we will start 6-2

I like your attitude.

I guess we don't get a Veterans Day game this year.  That's a long stretch in November without a home game.

Bengals Road Loss
Browns Home Win
Jags London Win – neutral field, must improve offense against the jags
Steelers Home DK - tough game after London game
Raiders Road Loss
Bears Home Win
Vikings Road Push Tough defense hard to beat on road
Dolphins Home Win
Titans Home Win
Packers Road Loss
Texans Home Win
Lions Home Win
Steelers Road DK - May decide playoff berth
Browns Road Win
Colts Home Win – can’t have a let down
Bengals Home Must Win – may decide playoff

Texans, Jags, Vikings have tough defenses. Ravens need another weapons to win these winnable games. Those 3 games may determine playoff berth

I just noticed the Steelers have 4 straight primetime games in the 2nd half of the season. I've never seen that before, not even the Pats have back-to-back primetime games.

On the plus side WE GOT A HOME MONDAY NIGHT GAME!!!!

Why can't the Ravens get the squeelers in Bmore on a Monday night?! Smh played there back to back correct me if I'm wrong few years ago and we can't get the same in return since the Ravens been lighting them up! Ozzie and Co. need to speak on this issue! SMDH

Sad we don't play Brady this season, that's never a good sign.

Are you including the postseason? ;)

That is an E Z schedule Steelers Oakland and Cincinnati are the only teams that look like they could have a chance with us. No Doubt were back in the play offs if not the super bowl

Second half of the Steelers schedule is nasty

What?? The Steelers have arguably the easiest schedule in the league. Also, they finish the season against the Texans and Browns, which is advantageous in any sort of tight divisional scenario.

I don't understand how the Steelers keep getting easy schedules despite winning the division.

We play 8 games vs teams Vegas ranks a higher probability of reaching the super bowl than the Ravens. Home vs away record (Flacco struggles) is likely 5-3 & 3-5. Splits with the Steelers and Bengals; Raven team composition at this time tells me the Ravens are an 8-8 team (plus or minus 1). At the moment, the Ravens as a team give no indication of being a 10, 11 or 12 win team. The draft could change that.

4 hours ago, sizzlingdoom said:

What?? The Steelers have arguably the easiest schedule in the league. Also, they finish the season against the Texans and Browns, which is advantageous in any sort of tight divisional scenario.

I don't understand how the Steelers keep getting easy schedules despite winning the division.

I really don't think anybody has an easy schedule anymore. There are only about 3 bad teams in the league these days. Though the lame Patriots get to play in the easiest division in football every year so they get home field in the playoffs before it even gets close to thinking about that. Not to mention I think someone said they have the easiest schedule in the NFL, after winning the SB?cool, that makes sense?
But you're right. The Steelers schedule doesn't look particularly tough, but weeks 10-16 looks like a pretty tough stretch for them in the second half.
I think our schedule is set up beautifully. I hate going to London, especially before the Steelers game, but besides that, I think we're super fortunate as far as the schedule goes all around

AWESOME Schedule! Anyone that complains about any part of this schedule clearly just likes to complain

True, so true.

42 minutes ago, sizzlingdoom said:

I really don't think anybody has an easy schedule anymore. There are only about 3 bad teams in the league these days. Though the lame Patriots get to play in the easiest division in football every year so they get home field in the playoffs before it even gets close to thinking about that. Not to mention I think someone said they have the easiest schedule in the NFL, after winning the SB?cool, that makes sense?
But you're right. The Steelers schedule doesn't look particularly tough, but weeks 10-16 looks like a pretty tough stretch for them in the second half.
I think our schedule is set up beautifully. I hate going to London, especially before the Steelers game, but besides that, I think we're super fortunate as far as the schedule goes all around

Agreed.

Maybe 6-10 if WE get very lucky early in the season. Pray Bears&Browns don't torch our secondary "if" we have Suggs lead us in sacks this year.

We play 8 games vs teams Vegas ranks a higher probability of reaching the super bowl than the Ravens. Home vs away record (Flacco struggles) is likely 5-3 & 3-5. Splits with the Steelers and Bengals; Raven team composition at this time tells me the Ravens are an 8-8 team (plus or minus 1). At the moment, the Ravens as a team give no indication of being a 10, 11 or 12 win team. The draft could change that.

"IF" Browns would take Flacco &our 16th for their 1st&33rd we could FIX defense and sign Kapernick or even Cutler as stopgap REBUILD decent team. Flacco & our 16th,74th for 1st&12th would be DREAM scenario.

5 hours ago, sizzlingdoom said:

See, how the NFL does it, is if the Steelers win their division, they can pick whoever they want to play. On the other hand, the NFL can pick whomever they want to play the Ravens. It's been like that for years. That's why the Steelers and Ravens schedules are SO different.