BR News

[News] 2017: Mock Draft Monitor 5.0

32 posts in this topic

The draft is now one week away, and analysts are still all over the board on who is coming to Baltimore. Here's a roundup of who draftniks think the Ravens will select at pick No. 16 in the first round.

View the full article

I hate to say it but if Cam Robinson is as good as advertised, he would make a lot of sense.

I'm used to Bucky Brooks projecting us a total reach who doesn't fill a need. This is a major deviation from the norm for him.

I just don't think Ozzie will pick a WR in the first round, even if either (or both) of Mike Williams and Corey Davis is still available... So, I hope both of them will be off the board at #16 (or wherever Ozzie ends up picking), because if either of them are there and Ozzie picks an OT or ILB, there will be a riot here...

The Ravens don't need a 1st round receiver, they do need a 1st round pass rusher.

Or, more exactly, they need a first round level rusher more than a first round level WR.

I think the likeliest scenario is that Ozzie trades down 6-8 or even 10 spots, picks up an extra 2nd rounder and picks one of the Zay Jones - JuJu-Godwin trio in the late 2nd/early 3rd round.

1 hour ago, sami said:

I hate to say it but if Cam Robinson is as good as advertised, he would make a lot of sense.

I remember how a lot of fans and pundits said picking Ronnie Stanley at #6 would be a colossal reach, because this and that...

We"ve seen how much of a "reach" it was...

The same could be true about Robinson. I for one, would be happier to see the O-line addressed in the first round than the WR corpse added to... I don't think out WR need even compares to the glaring holes at OL...

Edited by bioLarzen

2 hours ago, whobilly said:

Williams or Davis. Can't keep having Tuck kick FG's all the time.

No matter how many wideouts you have if you don't have an O-line that can give the QB time to throw. And, at this point it's not an O-line I would trust...

Edited by bioLarzen

None of the above. I believe we'll draft either Barnett or Foster because his stock is suddenly falling. If we're going to trade up, then it's for Fournette. If we trade down it could be for one of these guys - Takk Mckinley or Taco Charlton.

If Barnett is there take him!

If not, I want a tone setter on defense or a serious mismatch on offense! Only guys that may be there and fit the description at 16 are Reuben Foster or OJ Howard. If they are gone trade back if we can and pick up Cam Robinson or Charles Harris.

Then we could still grab Ardrious Stewart WR Alabama in the second. Check his tape!

Williams or Davis.

It should be Howard, Davis or Williams. If we want someone for Flacco to throw to may as well get the best.

If Ozzie submits the name, I'm sure he has a very valid reason.

The Ravens don't need a 1st round receiver, they do need a 1st round pass rusher.

why with the secondary we have we could almost put anyone on our D-Line and we can get to the qb an stop the run and we have matt judon smith KC plus suggs will play 2-3 more years unless we win a super bowl but i like the guys we have an i don't see us reaching for one

4 hours ago, sami said:

I remember how a lot of fans and pundits said picking Ronnie Stanley at #6 would be a colossal reach, because this and that...

We"ve seen how much of a "reach" it was...

The same could be true about Robinson. I for one, would be happier to see the O-line addressed in the first round than the WR corpse added to... I don't think out WR need even compares to the glaring holes at OL...

you need to watch more tape on our WR none could get open even when joe had time lol

GO for the playoffs and Super Bowl, That means don't try to make every draft pick a starter. Even Dallas with all that they got from the rookies and the beast front line, they did not have the balance to pull it out.

Baltimore is the Ravens, this starts with solid balance, a top 5 defense that creates turnovers, advantaged field position, limits the big play and possession. Traditionally the offense has been a solid running Team, balanced with better than average TE play, WR speed, QB accuracy and good play execution.

So rookies can only make up some of what is missing. They need to develop and learn, most need to grow as NFL players.

Sure if we can get 2 maybe 3 draft choices to play as regulars, at 30% of the plays respectively. Get some good talent at positions that can use depth and strike it lucky in the injury category, we could consider it a great draft.

A couple of good veteran FA after the draft will solidify this team. I expect some RB and WR help,and maybe inexpensive O-line depth.

3 minutes ago, bigcatfrank1 said:

GO for the playoffs and Super Bowl, That means don't try to make every draft pick a starter. Even Dallas with all that they got from the rookies and the beast front line, they did not have the balance to pull it out.

Dallas was a very good team, yes their defense needs improvement but you hardly every see a defense on par with offense.  They had a very good offense so the defense logically wont be as good.  They just got outplayed by a QB who will go down as one of the best.  That throw...

I don't normally get involved with trying to figure out who the Ravens or the Colts before them would do during the draft. However with only a total of seven picks this year. I envision that the Ravens will be making one of two moves with pick 16 this year. Currently They will have 4 of the top 78 picks,providing they don't trade up for anyone. The OL is a bigger need than the the DL. WR is a strong need maybe even just a strong desire. The DBs have been transformed from a weakness to a probable strength through off season signings. Currently they are trying to sign the ex-Jet. If they are truly looking at signing a FA WR i.e. Bouldin along with the Jet Center or even to patch those holes through FA. Then pick 16 is either an OT or a pass rusher to learn from Suggs or start with Mosley. A pass rusher to whom the Ravens are really after if available at pick 16 will be a Raven.. However, I believe that will not be the case. Nor do I believe that the OT that they are truly after is even going to go in the first round. I really think that Ozzie will trade down to get another draft pick or two with pick 16. That means another second or third round pick giving the Ravens 5 or possibly 6 picks in that first 78 picks. Then there are alot of things that the Ravens can do to fill the OL, DL and Pass rusher and still pick some help at CB and WR. Just to make things a bit more dicey We have 5 starting TEs. Strong enough to start on most NFL teams. There has already been interest in three of them from other teams in the league. One of those five can also play WR and has done well.Offering the possibility of another trade for a top round pick. If the Ravens actually use that 16th pick look for a trade of a TE to follow for second or third round or maybe even another fourth round pick in this draft. Just very interesting thoughts about this draft. Remember if we sign Boudin before the draft then we lose a compensatory pick in 2018 or 19. Boudin doesn't have that much of a future left in him. He's a one year patch verses a possible future of several years with a draft pick.

i think we end up trading down, pick up extra picks, and still draft an impactful Defensive player in first round.

On 4/20/2017 at 5:16 PM, Flamengo1265 said:

why with the secondary we have we could almost put anyone on our D-Line and we can get to the qb an stop the run and we have matt judon smith KC plus suggs will play 2-3 more years unless we win a super bowl but i like the guys we have an i don't see us reaching for one

"With the secondary we have we could almost put anyone on our D-Line and we can get to the qb..."

Um, I'm afraid it doesn't work that way in the NFL. You can't expect DBs to blanket their receivers for an indefinite length of time. We've seen that as Raven fans in the last couple of years, especially 2016. QBs, especially good or great ones will sit back there without pressure and pick the defense apart. A great, or at least consistent, pass rush is essential in today's game.

I don't normally get involved with trying to figure out who the Ravens or the Colts before them would do during the draft. However with only a total of seven picks this year. I envision that the Ravens will be making one of two moves with pick 16 this year. Currently They will have 4 of the top 78 picks,providing they don't trade up for anyone. The OL is a bigger need than the the DL. WR is a strong need maybe even just a strong desire. The DBs have been transformed from a weakness to a probable strength through off season signings. Currently they are trying to sign the ex-Jet. If they are truly looking at signing a FA WR i.e. Bouldin along with the Jet Center or even to patch those holes through FA. Then pick 16 is either an OT or a pass rusher to learn from Suggs or start with Mosley. A pass rusher to whom the Ravens are really after if available at pick 16 will be a Raven.. However, I believe that will not be the case. Nor do I believe that the OT that they are truly after is even going to go in the first round. I really think that Ozzie will trade down to get another draft pick or two with pick 16. That means another second or third round pick giving the Ravens 5 or possibly 6 picks in that first 78 picks. Then there are alot of things that the Ravens can do to fill the OL, DL and Pass rusher and still pick some help at CB and WR. Just to make things a bit more dicey We have 5 starting TEs. Strong enough to start on most NFL teams. There has already been interest in three of them from other teams in the league. One of those five can also play WR and has done well.Offering the possibility of another trade for a top round pick. If the Ravens actually use that 16th pick look for a trade of a TE to follow for second or third round or maybe even another fourth round pick in this draft. Just very interesting thoughts about this draft. Remember if we sign Boudin before the draft then we lose a compensatory pick in 2018 or 19. Boudin doesn't have that much of a future left in him. He's a one year patch verses a possible future of several years with a draft pick.

No way the Ravens can get a 2nd or 3rd round pick for one of their current TEs.

i think we end up trading down, pick up extra picks, and still draft an impactful Defensive player in first round.

Very logical given Ozzie's track record.

Still would love to see a real "play-maker", a real "game-changer," drafted. It's something the Ravens lack, whether that be a dynamic WR or a real threat as a pass rusher.

Ozzie is going to have good options. Guess I'd be least excited about an OT at 16.

Offensive line may be boring, but look what having a great one did for the Cowboys and Raiders, in particular, last year. When anyone talked about the success of those two teams one of the first things mentioned was dominant offensive line play. And having good or great young offensive linemen keeps them on the team longer at a cheaper price, before they move on to that second contract (Osemele, Wagner).