Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BR News

[News] Joe Flacco Will Still Wear His Knee Brace Next Year

8 posts in this topic

I'm not sure why Joe thinks having a brace on his leg is necessary. With his reasoning, he should wear a brace on every appendage. I say ditch the brace and move on girly boy! :-)

there are lesser braces he could wear if he needs to put his mind at ease or he could just learn to slide on his other leg. Its not that hard.

there are lesser braces he could wear if he needs to put his mind at ease or he could just learn to slide on his other leg. Its not that hard.

In general, it's maybe not that hard sure. But when you're running in an NFL game, and James Harrison is about to blindside you, it can be a little awkward to say the least if you fight your instincts and try to get down by sliding on the "wrong" leg, all while trying to save your head from getting knocked off your shoulders

Well, being that I have also torn my acl, mcl, strained pcl and torn meniscus... I do know that after an acl reconstruction surgery it takes the graft 2 years to fully heal... So what Joe is doing is being preventative and he probably feels 100% but knows the graft is still vulnerable. A lot of people tend to forget ACL surgery is a reconstruction which means they take a graft from somewhere else (hamstring tendon or patella tendon) and make it a new ACL. That graft takes up to 2 years to fully become a ligament.

Message to Joe Flacco ..... been wearing a similar brace on my right knee for years. It's the hinge that digs into the turn when you slide. The key is to put a flexible outer wrap on the hinges to prevent them from diggig into the turf. Also when you slide, slide on your hip not your leg; like a baseball player taking our the shortstop at second base.