BR News

[News] Late For Work 4/20: Ravens Don't Need More Weapons? That's What Joe Flacco And Mike Wallace Say

53 posts in this topic

"IF POSSIBLE" can Ozzie trade Flacco,our 16th pick for Brown's #1! picks,then sign Kapernick or even Cutler as stopgap till next year's QB rich draft? #1 PASS RUSHER,CB at 33?

Good news is that its NOT possible.

I'm sure you'll continue to bring it up though. Seems like a great use of time to constantly troll post about things that quite literally are impossible.

Flacco and Wallace are saying what they need to say in order to pay respect to their teammates. Fact is this team has a below-average receiving corps as-is. There's a reason our FO was close to signing Alshon Jeffery (according to RSR).

this is spot on. it's not like flacco and wallace aren't going to tell the media that our WR corps / their teammates are below average.

harbaugh said it himself, we are banking on Perriman to be a beast. if not, we are in trouble at the position again.

2 hours ago, bioLarzen said:

ravens_nightmare.jpg

The "nightmare" version is the one we get after the scheduling guy discovers his wife has cheated on him with a Ravens-fan. It has us open and close the season out on the road. We open at Heinz Field - nuff said; we get a SNF game before the London week, giving us 3 and ahalf days less tiome to prepare than the "dream" version; we are not granted the later bye, it "stays" at Week #4; we have a series of home-game and road-game runs; we close out the regular season with two road games: in Green Bay... IN DECEMBER!!!, and - you would never guess - in Cincinatti...; Only our SNF game is a home game, our TNF and MNF outings are on the road, the MNF game being the Week#16 clash in the ice field of the Lambeau; most of our easier games come in the first half, with most of our heavy weight opponents (PIT, both CIN games, OAK, GB, MIN, IND) coming in the back stretch; the OAK trip is a TNF game, giving us minimal time to shake the jet lag off; our SNF game is v the Lions - not an especially classic one...

As for the final, "realistic" version - I'll get back to it in another comment, as apperntly I'm only allowed to upload two images worth of data in one comment.

Wouldn't surprise me if the NFL doesn't listen to the Ravens request and schedules the bye after the London game. 

The truth is that so, so many things go into making an NFL roster, that, contrary to what a lot of fans like to think, it does not require any kind of ill will towards an organization not to be able to take its requests into consideration. Not many fans know, for example, that the tv schedules factor in heavier than teams' individual requests - the channels have a say in what teams they want/don't want as home teams for MNF/SNF games - and even regular games. They may even go as far as saying "I would really like to broadcast the Redskins takew on the Cowboys take on in Week 16, prime time". And then that game kinda fixed in that slot. And so do scheduling restrictions lik no 4-game home or road stretch - and 3-game stretches are only allowed if they cannot be avoided (they cannot)...
Creating the schedule is a 3-month process - and it means 3 months of actual work, not just a 3 month period with a 1-hour scheduling session :) It is a VERY hard task, even without taking on extra ties like trying to deliberately screw with this or that organization...

Who knows, maybe this time the scheduling gods give us a home MNF game... and a non-@-Cinci Week#17...

I know, I know... ;)

We cannot think going into this year that Permian is going to make it a whole season. I hope Moore has learned how to catch this offseason. Besides Wallace the rest of the core is ??????? This position has been a whole ever since the Ravens have arrived in Baltimore.

My second thought is I keep hearing we need to trade back this year to get more picks. I translate that in to good maybe solid players but not impact players. Our drafts have been on the decline and i Look at the draft that set the tone. The year Dalles jumped right infant of us and took Dez Bryant was the year we missed it big. That was a perfect wideout for this team and we should have traded up to get him. We new Dalles was going to trade up because Jerry Jones said publicly how he missed on Randy Moss. I get trading back if you have STARS on the team and we just need a few pieces. The way we got our Stars was to trade up Suggs, Nhagta, Peter B, and other greats. Who are the playmakers on this team now. Williams is coming and Mosley are on there way but not there yet.

We have drafted a lot of what if guys now its time to draft game changers.

You just aren't thinking about it rationally because you are assuming that the guy you take later in the draft is going to be worse than the guys taken ahead of him. But trading up or trading back isn't going to guarantee you a better or worse player. You are also assuming that every teams big board is exactly the same as all of the others, and that they are going to pick the best player available. If that were the case than yes all players drafted in front of us would be considered better prospects than those taken after us. But because every teams board is different and teams reach for needs, teams don't go in to the draft with the mindset that under no circumstances will they trade back in the first. And that is because the main factor when a team considers moving back is their board. If we are on the board and the FO was confident that the BPA on our board would still be there at pick 20 it wouldn't make sense not to try to trade back. In other words, and this is true especially in the earlier rounds but really is a applicable through out, a team is not going to trade back with the notion that they will be getting a lesser player The caveat to this of course is a scenario where the compensation that a team has offered is too good to pass up, But those types of scenarios usually take place in the first few picks of the draft. But trading back does not mean you are going to get "maybe good, solid players but not impact players". And your thought about our team being devoid of "STARS" doesn't factor into the FO decision to move back or move up.

Nfl schedule release tonight should be interesting..
7 days til draft
Final dream draft scenarios
Defensive lean
Rnd1, Barnett DE/OLBr, Reuben Foster LBr
Rnd 2, Tim williams DE, TJ Watt
Rnd 3, Tankersely, Sid jones CB
Rnd 4 OL Dan Skipper
Rnd 5 Myrick CB
rnd 6 Ben Boulware lbr

Bama lean
Rnd 1, Reuben Foster-Maybe next Ray Lewis some say
Rnd 2, Tim Williams, speed Edge rusher, arguably best in draft
Rnd 3, Ryan Anderson Olbr, Tankersely CB
Rnd 4 Dan Skipper OT
Rnd 5 Jalen Myrick CB
Rnd 6 Zach Banner OL

Offensive lean
Rnd 1, Mike Williams Wr
Rnd 2 Zay Jones Wr
Rnd 3, Alvin Camara RB, DE/olbr Ryan Anderson
Rnd 4 OL Dan Skipper
Rnd 5 Jalen Myrick cb
Rnd 6 Zach Banner OL

"IF POSSIBLE" can Ozzie trade Flacco,our 16th pick for Brown's #1! picks,then sign Kapernick or even Cutler as stopgap till next year's QB rich draft? #1 PASS RUSHER,CB at 33?

Is it Possible we can Trade YOU and your negative nelly attitude to...
well any team Besides the Ravens...Geez

smoke screen on the WR if mike williams falls to 16 no way we don't take him lets be honest and mccafery RB/ mack in the second that would be #1WR and a true home runner RB for years to come we just need to hit on O-line man in the later rounds as far as the D goes with our secondary going into next year as of today we should have a great pass rush our secondary should give the D-line man at least 3-5 seconds before a WR can get open we should do just as well against the run but I'm really hoping we go offense the first 2 rounds at least even if cook was there in the first an take Ju-Ju in the second i can't wait one more week until it kicks off lets go ravens nation

P.S Go Wizards

There is no hiding the famine on the offensive side of the football for Baltimore. No one has stepped up at running back, the offensive line is relying on strong games from Stanley, Yanda, and Alex Lewis if any of them go down the team will be in big trouble. No receiver to replace the attitude, big plays, and tough intermediate catches Steve Smith provided, and if you step on a crack you will probably break Dennis Pitta's hip. 

The Ravens need playmakers on offense. But it will probably be a very long time for the Ravens to be an offensive juggernaut. If the Ravens return to the playoffs it will be because of them having a dominant defense. The secondary is probably the best in the league right now. Get a younger pass rusher and a guy to put next to Mosley and you could almost spell elite if Foster fell to 16 and a pass rusher fell to the second round.

The more and more I think about the Ravens draft I am leaning toward Cam Robinson. We've lost 3 starters and the O-Line is tremendously important to keep Flacco healthy. We are all witnesses to "tap dancing Joe" it ain't pretty. The Ravens didn't overpay for a ROT so they probably are going to take the best OT that can handle the position from Day 1. This will not be a sexy draft filling needs at OL, CB, and Pass Rusher. But we need young playmakers who can contribute much like they did last year.

I would think that there are a number of 'can't miss' Players to choose, should we stay at #16.
Rueben Foster at LB.....Mike Williams at WR.......Marshon Lattimore at CB .......Christian McCaffrey at RB/RS/WR and Derek Barnett at DE.
Now, Foster is reported having a Diluted Urine Sample from the NFL Combine.
Could be a major stumbling block, depending upon the circumstances.
If we select at #16....we are going to be Drafting a Difference Maker, with the available talent.
Could be Offense like Corey Davis or John Ross. Could be a solid DE like Taco Charlton or Takkarist McKinley. We won't see Solomon Thomas or Fournette available at that Pick. There are 2 really good Safeties but I doubt they'd be picked, unless the F.O. had no choice except to take them. Then a Trade Back could be the answer, as well. Both Adams and Hooker should be gone by at least #8.
Wild Card Picks......Jabrill Peppers and Cam Robinson.
Peppers is Multi-Dimensional and Robinson could be moved to RT or LG.
Giving us bookend monsters on the Left-Side and move Alex Lewis to RT.
Just a thought......
There are a lot of talented Players that can be had with those 4 Picks in the top 78.

Joe said it and he is rite the Ravens don't need more weapons! We have a solid team now and the draft is to pad our pocket that are already FAT! Joe is the most important key to this puzzle and the entire team can feed off him if he stop with the laid back mentally and get a Ray Lewis "RELENTLESS" mentality because it is needed! Every position on this team will feed off Joe but he has to step up and show them! I've been very hard on him because I knew he could get 5 rings and he should have three! We just need a possession WR like Campy and better routes for Wallace Perriman Moore and Campy to keep the chains moving and the Defense and Special teams will do their thing! The WRs can play decoy this season and Joe can hit up the TEs with the mismatches down field! Big ben and Brady even the Browns are using theirs big time and we are load at that position! Better routes double moves and pump fakes will do wonders this season! # Patiently Waiting!

First, Flacco and Wallace are wrong not thinking they don't need more weapons. Second thought....if Mel Kiper always gives the Ravens A and A+ Draft grades how did we become so mediocre?

Do you really think a QB is going to say "we need better WR's " in public? And a team that's won a SB and been to the playoffs 6 of the last 8 years is not "mediocre"

7 hours ago, whobilly said:

First, Flacco and Wallace are wrong not thinking they don't need more weapons. Second thought....if Mel Kiper always gives the Ravens A and A+ Draft grades how did we become so mediocre?

Do you really think a QB is going to say "we need better WR's " in public? And a team that's won a SB and been to the playoffs 6 of the last 8 years is not "mediocre"

And imagine Wallace saying "yeah, we need more receivers!" :D

3 hours ago, The Beak said:

Is it Possible we can Trade YOU and your negative nelly attitude to...
well any team Besides the Ravens...Geez

Do you really think anybody would want him? lol

If you think Kap or Cutler would be a "stopgap" in such a scenario, you are delusional.

smoke screen on the WR if mike williams falls to 16 no way we don't take him lets be honest and mccafery RB/ mack in the second that would be #1WR and a true home runner RB for years to come we just need to hit on O-line man in the later rounds as far as the D goes with our secondary going into next year as of today we should have a great pass rush our secondary should give the D-line man at least 3-5 seconds before a WR can get open we should do just as well against the run but I'm really hoping we go offense the first 2 rounds at least even if cook was there in the first an take Ju-Ju in the second i can't wait one more week until it kicks off lets go ravens nation

P.S Go Wizards

Williams at 16 and McCafery at 47 are great picks. But it doesn't mean either one of them will start. Competition is high and the NFL level is yet to be seen. Same with Davis and Cook but even less chance.

O line- Cam Robinson probably could start, maybe Bolles, Ramzcke Lamp, Elflein or Pocic [ profanity deleted] 50% players.

LB/OLB/Edge- a decent pick, healthy camp and an extremely high level of play in preseason may get a starter out of Barnett, Harris, Foster or Rddick.

OJ Howard probably would start over Pitta or any of the others left. But a lot of cutting would go down.

So if we are looking straight at starters- biggest chance Robinson OT or OJ Howard TE/Slot WR at 16 - look to me to be the highest chance Game 1 starters for the Ravens if picked.

Ravens might be able to trade down and still get Robinson.
Howard is the longest shot- not very probable.
I can see a Robinson- McCafery combo possibility.
Lawson and Wormley stand out in the late 2nd early 3rd- if an extra pick can be worked out.
I like the Centers either Pocic or Elfein in the 3 and Ju Ju Smith as a strong late 3 or 4.

maybe-

Robinson
McCafery
Lawson
Elflein
Ju Ju Smith

all would be good pick ups somewhere in the top 5 for the Ravens

If Flacco figures out a way to utilize all his options in 3rd down situations, the offense will be well served. Last year, defenses baited him into throwing to Pitta that they exploited. Flacco needs to see more than Pitta during critical situations and not be so predictable. Hopefully it was just the knee doing its thing with his head and him looking for him comfort zone but that cannot continue this year. Pitta cannot be the be all end all in critical situations or else we'll fail miserably all over again as an offense.

This is why OJ Howard would start above Pitta if drafted by the Ravens.

wow you should be drafting for the Steelers!

13 hours ago, axisofeeble said:

Stop playing Madden.

16 hours ago, axisofeeble said:

Good news is that its NOT possible.

I'm sure you'll continue to bring it up though. Seems like a great use of time to constantly troll post about things that quite literally are impossible.

Says the Leader of all trolls

We need to get Ju Ju in the 2nd. It's that simple. Younger, and more athletic and explosive version of Q. Great character and drive too. Ju Ju, Wallace, and Perriman would be deadly. They would all compliment each other perfectly.
Absolutely killer though that Dixon is out week 4 vs Pitt?!?!?!?! He's the only reason we were in that game in the end in week 16. At least he'll be fresh for the rest of the year. He's a key ingredient for us. I wonder if we draft a back before day 3. Or Perine in the 4th maybe. Would West and Woodhead be enough vs Cincy and Pitt?

18 hours ago, whobilly said:

OMG! STOP IT.

No you stop it! He trolls and you bite. Don't respond to nonsense like that and maybe just maybe he stops lol