BR News

[News] Sick Of Getting Hurt, Jimmy Smith Committed To Having Best Year Yet

15 posts in this topic

I love me some Jimmy smith! I think he's a top 10 CB when healthy. It just kills me when I think 3 of his last 4 injuries came when he was making a tackle from a weird position. Just put your head down and go for the runners legs! Who cares if you miss a tackle here or there. It's his cover skills that we really need. If Jimmy plays all 16 games. I promise we make the playoffs and no one would want to meet us there! 

There's no amount of training or conditioning that can prevent a high ankle sprain.  Same for Flacco, there's nothing he

could have done in the offseason to prevent him from blowing out his knee week 10.  

Ravens still need a 1st or 2nd day CB to team with Jimmy.

First, we have Tavon. Who is not just a slot corner. He proved he can cover Eifert on the goal line, or run down the field with AB. Also, no way we would've paid Carr 6 mil a year if we didn't think he could play. I know a lot of people doubt his durability, but I think Jimmy is primed for his best season by far in 2017-2018. We have 3 legit corners. I do think we'll add a corner or 2 in the draft, but I would almost bet everything I have that it won't be day 1. And day 2 is gonna be nuts, so we'll see how that goes. But honestly, you could pick any corner in the draft ( and this is the best corner draft I've ever seen), and there might not be 1 that comes in and plays better this year than Carr year 1. Maybe not even Lattimore who is probably a top 5 pick. I understand everyone wants a corner, and for good reason. I would just be shocked if we took one in the first. And considering a lot of people within the organization feel like we're right there, as do I, it will be hard to pass on the WR, Oline, pass rush, and rb talent in the 2nd and 3rd. Granted there will be insane value picks with cbs in the 2nd and 3rd.
This is all why I hope we trade down from 16, unless Barnett is there. We need another pick or 2 in the 2nd and/or 3rd. So we can fill our holes while going bpa, and while being able to get a corner or 2. I love Teez and Sidney Jones. I think both will go in the 2nd. Teez has a shot of sneaking back into the 1rst though.
Between picks 20-100 will be insane value in this draft. I honestly think pick 90, will be close to the same quality of player as pick 30. We need to accumulate as many picks between 20-100 as possible.
Out of this list, I really hope at least 2 or 3 of these players are Baltimore Ravens after next week:
- Derek Barnett
- Ju Ju Smith Schuster
- Carl Lawson
- Forrest Lamp
- Teez Tabor
- Sidney Jones
- Chidobe Awuzie- so underrated- could be best overall cb in draft
- Samaje Perine
- Cooper Kupp
- Corey Davis
- Pat Elfein ( Signing Mangold would be a nice 2 year stop gap and save a 2nd round pick. Elfein looks awesome though_
- Takk McKinley
- Charles Harris
- Taco Charlton
- Quincy Wilson
-Desmond King

I love all of these players, and with the exception of a few, most of them will be gone by the end of round 2 or so.
My favorites are-
-Teez
-Chidobe Awuzie
-Ju Ju Smith Schuster
- Lamp
-Barnett
and Quincy Wilson

I've gotta say, Corey Davis does kinda look like TO though...lol

Time to Kick A** next week FO

I just saw a recent mock that had us trading back to 20, and then again to 26. I hope we do something like that, unless we're passing on crazy studs like Barnett. Getting those extra picks would not only allow us to fill holes and grab an cb or two, but with High quality players too.

somebody link me Jimmy Smith's hoodie in the video Ill love you forever

If you do a search with the name of the manufacturer and type,( in quotes) "the brand with 3", you'll see it. Worked for me.

I bet Tavon Young out performs Jimmy Smith this year! I would also bet he gets to a pro bowl before Jimmy does. Teams will learn fast not to throw in his direction.

13 hours ago, Halshayeji said:

I love me some Jimmy smith! I think he's a top 10 CB when healthy. It just kills me when I think 3 of his last 4 injuries came when he was making a tackle from a weird position. Just put your head down and go for the runners legs! Who cares if you miss a tackle here or there. It's his cover skills that we really need. If Jimmy plays all 16 games. I promise we make the playoffs and no one would want to meet us there! 

"Just put your head down?"

"Who cares if you miss a tackle here and there?"  

Glad you're not the coach Smh. 

Edited by mmcclend

3 hours ago, Crusader said:

I bet Tavon Young out performs Jimmy Smith this year! I would also bet he gets to a pro bowl before Jimmy does. Teams will learn fast not to throw in his direction.

No lol. As much as I like Tavon, you are definitely sleeping on Jimmy Smith. He is a top 5 corner if not higher in the NFL and one of the most underrated corners in the league. Led mostly every category last season until hurt. A team that was #1 the first 12 weeks went down to #9 or whatever it was in just the final 4 weeks with bottom 10 performances in those four weeks.

Tavon is good but Jimmy Smith healthy is elite. People sleep on him because his lack of durability. But he really is a star in this league.

Blah, blah, blah, blah, hohum hohum! So full of Crapola. He is the one we should trade and now is the time, since he is not hurt. Let some other sucker team have him. He and Ozzie must have a thing going

On 4/20/2017 at 10:18 AM, Crusader said:

No lol. As much as I like Tavon, you are definitely sleeping on Jimmy Smith. He is a top 5 corner if not higher in the NFL and one of the most underrated corners in the league. Led mostly every category last season until hurt. A team that was #1 the first 12 weeks went down to #9 or whatever it was in just the final 4 weeks with bottom 10 performances in those four weeks.

Tavon is good but Jimmy Smith healthy is elite. People sleep on him because his lack of durability. But he really is a star in this league.

BS