Prino61

Who is the one player in this draft you would absolutely hate playing against 2x a year

25 posts in this topic

Who is the one player in this draft you would absolutely hate playing against 2x a year(Meaning a player drafted by Pit, Cle Or Cin)?

Besides the Browns obviously getting Garrett...

I'd hate for the Bengals to get Hooker if he slides. Just considering our passing offense is built on speed and deep balls - despite our recent reliance on screens I don't think that's our true identity, I really don't want to have to take on a range safety with ball skills twice a year like him. 

Close second would be the Steelers taking TJ Watt at the end of the first, I think Watt is going to be something special, maybe not right away, but give him a year or two and I think he's going to be a nightmare to deal with.

Edited by hn68wb4

Barnett if he goes to the Bengals. If he becomes as good as some think he will be then Stanley is going to have his hands full.

6 minutes ago, RaineV1 said:

Barnett if he goes to the Bengals. If he becomes as good as some think he will be then Stanley is going to have his hands full.

I actually think Stanley would handle Barnett quite well. I think Barnett is gonna be able to beat any tackle but I'm saying I don't think he will look bad against Barnett in relation to other good tackles.

John ross. Could be unplayable. Think Jimmy could handle davis and Williams quite well

26 minutes ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

I actually think Stanley would handle Barnett quite well. I think Barnett is gonna be able to beat any tackle but I'm saying I don't think he will look bad against Barnett in relation to other good tackles.

I think their battles will go back and forth, with each of them winning and losing at times. Stanley probably is a better match for him than most but it's going to be a heck of a battle between the two.

39 minutes ago, RaineV1 said:

Barnett would have his hands full with Stanley.

23 minutes ago, arnie_uk said:

John ross. Could be unplayable. Think Jimmy could handle davis and Williams quite well

All we have to do is draft Witherspoon.

He handled Ross nicely.

18 minutes ago, Edgar said:

All we have to do is draft Witherspoon.

He handled Ross nicely.

In a game the qb couldn't hit a barn door? Think Ross scored that game as well

This is a consideration I was happier not thinking about. 

I don't want Ross for us, but I hate the prospect of him actually succeeding in the pros for one of our opponents, namely the Bengals (paired with Green) or Steelers (paired with Brown). Hell, if Josh Gordon ever gets reinstated, Browns would have a deadly fast trio at WR with Gordon, Ross, and Coleman. Thankfully they don't have a good QB. 

I'd hate it if the Bengals drafted OJ Howard. They'd have the best TE tandem in the league (when healthy). And as already mentioned, Bengals getting Hooker would concern me quite a bit, although I doubt he falls that far. 

Edited by Maryland

1 hour ago, arnie_uk said:

Not on Witherspoon but you know that. Ross is a handful...electric quick, you'll get no argument from me. Witherspoon is more than up for the challenge.

1 hour ago, arnie_uk said:

Yeah Ross beat Witherspoon a few times that game but his QB could not get him the ball. You could argue that one time Witherspoon was only a step behind on another one of those underthrown deep balls but a good QB is making that throw.

Look at this man put the moves on Chidobe Awuzie

I personally think Fournette is going to be a monster. While our run D has historically been solid... if he gets behind that Browns OL -- that could spell trouble. 

Especially if they put a defense together that can keep games close. 

Also want nothing to do with having to defend OJ Howard 2x a year. 

And I'll be heart broken if we don't get Barnett and he winds up in division. Seeing him in orange and black would make me sick. 

With apparently no ILB2 on the roster taking over for Orr who would play some great zone defense on passing downs I fear a TE like Howard and Njoku will give us troubles through the middle. 

Other than this I would certainly hate my favourite guys going to our rivals. 

Edited by Italian Raven

McDowell would destroy our entire offensive game plan 

Malik hooker would give joe headaches 

fournette in Cleveland would spell trouble for anyone facing them. You can't beat a team who you can't stop the run against

any of the 3 first round receivers in cinci would be disastrous for us. 

Myles Garrett. His matchup with Stanley will be interesting. But Browns will move him around. We need to find a really good RT 

HN brought up a good point. A good safety on the Bengals would negate the deep throws. And that is trouble when there is no receiver known for early separation and nobody to make tough traffic catches.

I hope Bengals draft Barnett. He is a technician and a touch on the small side. Stanley handles technicians quite well. He is ready for mostly any move. Stanley would swallow Barnett up with no problem. Barnett to Bengals is  likely

Mcdowell is a touch overrated at this point. But he will likely feast on weak offensive lines. He will be trouble unless ravens address the the offensive line.

Edited by PurpleHorseman

The more I think about McDowell to Pittsburgh, the more it gives me pause.

He would fit in there. Between guys like Shazier, Tomlin, Harrison and Roethlisberger, I wager they conjure up the best of him in terms of effort.

The residual effect he would have on guys coming off the edge would be a headache, putting it mildly.

McDowell to Pittsburgh is a very bad thing.

Edited by Edgar