RavensDieHard21

Final Mock Draft, Surprise Galore!

19 posts in this topic

For the first time in years, Ozzie does not have an over abundance of picks. With this class having so much depth and talent, I predict that Ozzie will find a way to stock up early. 

**Sorry about a lack of photos, I can never find the right size ones to use 😂 

The Las Vegas Raiders give us a buzz and believe that they are one premier corner away from being a team that can challenge the Patriots. With Conley still on the board, we trade back and send our 4th round pick in exchange for the Raider's second round pick.

With the 24th pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, the Baltimore Ravens select.....

oh wait! the 49ers are calling and Patrick Mahomes II is still on the board. In order to preserve a future at the QB position and to ensure that the Texans, Steelers or Chiefs don't steal their guy, San Fran deals us their second and third round pick in exchange for the 24th overall. 

locked and loaded, here we go...

(34) Tim Williams, OLB.

The Ravens need speed off the edge and Tim despite his baggage will be a major cog in our resurgence with his arsenal of rush moves and explosion off the edge. He needs to keep weight on but I think he will develop and set the edge well over time.  

(47) Pat Elflein, C/G. 

It might seem early, but in a thin offensive line class, the top guys will fly off the board early, hence, why this pick at 47 makes sense. He can play either position, but I think he will anchor us at C. Technically sound with functional strength, I think he could give us a Travis Frederick like boost. 

(56) JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR. 

I love the Boldin comparison. He is a strong WR with vice grip hands. Not a crazy athlete and doesn't have blazing speed, yet he wins jump ball scenarios with good timing and grit. He blocks well and will compliment Perriman and Wallace quite well.

(66) Caleb Brantley, DT. 

I like the potential of the young guys on the team, but competition never hurts and we currently don't have any interior lineman that are legitimate pass rush threats. Brantley knifes his way into the backfield often and he makes it look easy. A very disruptive player that could make the loss of Jernigan an after thought. 

(74) Ahkello Witherspoon, CB. 

He possesses a ridiculous wing span and he knows how to use it to swat away any contested balls in his vicinity. I like his upside a whole lot and he could develop into a real shut down guy. He isn't as aggressive as I'd like and has mediocre tackling abilities, yet he will contribute early. 

(78) Desmond King, S/CB. 

He is a traditional Ozzie pick. Not too flashy, yet he has a high football IQ and is a hard worker that often makes big plays with his instincts and aggressive playing style. I think he plays in the slot early and is moved around often to create confusion but he will eventually take Weddle's spot and be a tremendous safety. 

(159) Joe Mathis, DE/ OLB. 

Guy is a beast as far as strength goes. At worst he will set the edge very well and help us maintain the NFL's best run defense. Upside? He could use that strength to improve his bull rush. His hand usage in rushing situations is often poor, but coaching can sometimes do wonders. 

(186) Artavis Scott, WR. 

YOLO, it's the sixth round and I just picked a rando. 

love this draft. i think if those two trades became options ozzie and co would be jizzing in their pants lol

Wasn't Caleb Brantley just involved in a physical altercation with a woman recently? If so doesn't  that take him off our board?

30 minutes ago, Darhk_Raven said:

Wasn't Caleb Brantley just involved in a physical altercation with a woman recently? If so doesn't  that take him off our board?

also i just watched voch lombardi's breakdown of his bama tape and the kid just looks like he doesnt like or care about football - i rarely describe prospects like this but after watching that tape i would call him lazy - at this point i dont wanna touch him as a prospect

Edited by rossihunter2

Maybe he was lol I just analyzed big boards and recent mocks by multiple outlets and tried to plug and go. I was impressed by Brantley's quickness when I watched him.  

In all realism, if the altercation is true then I would have substituted Brantley for Tanoh Kpassagnon or Derek Rivers. 

52 minutes ago, Darhk_Raven said:

He was but he was the victim in that situation. She wanted to go home with him for some fun and he said no so she punch him in the face 

Brantley is a good character player I think. The talent is obviously there. I just hope he loves the game because he is really good at it. So quick off the line and he uses his hands to perfection. He penetrates and sheds so effortlessly but seems to take plays off and doesn't finish. If someone lights a fire under his butt, he might turn out to be a complete steal.

I like the players taken but feel like we lost the trades. 

We move down 8 spots in the 1st and have to give up our 4th just to get a late 2nd??

And then trade out of the 1st round entirely back 10 spots and only get a 3rd??

I mean would you trade pick 16 AND our 4th for two 2nds and a 3rd?

Idk maybe the draft pick value math works out on this but it seems like we lost. 

EDIT: just checked the trade value chart and it actually says we win both of those trades. So maybe it's just me... but still feels like a loss moving all the way out of the 1st. 

Edited by BOLDnPurPnBlacK

7 hours ago, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

We move down 8 spots in the 1st and have to give up our 4th just to get a late 2nd??

Idk maybe the draft pick value math works out on this but it seems like we lost. 

EDIT: just checked the trade value chart and it actually says we win both of those trades. So maybe it's just me... but still feels like a loss moving all the way out of the 1st. 

Trading back twice may not be too realistic, but I tried to be realistic when it came to what teams would give us. I took the same approach with the picks too. Just wanted to see how the board would fall. While there might not be any superstars at 16 in this scenario like Barnett, Davis or Williams, we do accrue a lot of talented pieces. Even if only 3 or 4 pan out early, that is still a great draft in my book. 

1 hour ago, RavensDieHard21 said:

Trading back twice may not be too realistic, but I tried to be realistic when it came to what teams would give us. I took the same approach with the picks too. Just wanted to see how the board would fall. While there might not be any superstars at 16 in this scenario like Barnett, Davis or Williams, we do accrue a lot of talented pieces. Even if only 3 or 4 pan out early, that is still a great draft in my book. 

i think its realistic in the sense that that's fair value but i think it would have to be a better offer to get us to move out of a spot with the talent level available there

You lose that 5th yr option trading out of the 1st and it seems like everybody is giving us either King or Witherspoon in the 3rd which is bad voojoo.

I agree that I think we aim to trade down and stock up picks.  I would be pretty happy with this draft.  I don't know much about Williams shoulder issues, but that's what I keep hearing about.  Anyone have good insight on that? 

2 hours ago, rossihunter2 said:

i think its realistic in the sense that that's fair value but i think it would have to be a better offer to get us to move out of a spot with the talent level available there

Players I have left at 16 are Conley, Reddick, Cook,Cam, Ross and McDowell.  As far as blue chip prospects go, I don't really see any locks at 16. 

In this scenario Ozzie gets a few extra stabs at filling this roster with quality players with a lot of upside.

2 hours ago, Willbacker said:

You lose that 5th yr option trading out of the 1st and it seems like everybody is giving us either King or Witherspoon in the 3rd which is bad voojoo.

Valid point. I have had King in every mock since the beginning. I like the idea of double dipping in the third on secondary players. I think Moreau is option B.

Great draft. And JuJu is a better athlete than given credit for. He is big strong and elusive. Turns for yardage as fast as anybody. He highpoints and has hips and suddenness to be a great route runner. One of his times was a sub 4.5. But officially a 4.52. A very good time for a big physical WR. Torn between him and Ardarius Stewart. 

12 hours ago, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

Never Cared for that trade value chart. It's all about who is left on the board. Every draft is always different.

16 hours ago, Sami84 said:

love this draft. i think if those two trades became options ozzie and co would be jizzing in their pants lol

They're all starched and ready to go!

17 hours ago, RavensDieHard21 said:

Maybe he was lol I just analyzed big boards and recent mocks by multiple outlets and tried to plug and go. I was impressed by Brantley's quickness when I watched him.  

In all realism, if the altercation is true then I would have substituted Brantley for Tanoh Kpassagnon or Derek Rivers. 

How about Ogunjobi/Jones

I don't know where all the negs came from, but I just tried something different from our typical mocks with Barnett or M. Williams going first then Tim or some other first round guy still being there at 47. Then most have Sid Jones and Witherspoon in the third. 

I figured the way the board stacks that we could get a great edge guy, an anchor at center, a possession receiver, plus two corners with a lot of upside and a few projects at the end.