52520Andrew

Bold Predictions Thread

256 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, RavensDieHard21 said:

Not to be a downer, but a fifth rounder doesn't get you squat in moving up in the first. Bold predict ion though. I would say our 4th rounder could get us up to 13th or 14th. 

I was going to say a 4th rounder, but then I remember that's all Ozzie was willing to give the cowboys to move from 6 to 4. So I'm not sure Ozzie would give a 4th for moving up in the teens lol

Btw, saying Foster isn't value at 16 is blasphemous. Guy is easily a top 10 pick.

I get positional value, but if M Williams and Davis are gone along with Barnett, those other more valuable positions don't have a better player to compare Foster to. I don't like taking a raw rusher like McKinley or a solid corner like Conley over a blue chip ILB.

My unsourced, crazy hunches:

Leonard Fournette goes at the second pick, whether someone trades up or not. 

Zay Jones goes before Corey Davis. 

Marshon Lattimore is the third CB drafted. 

2 offensive linemen go in the top 10. 

Ravens trade a TE during the draft. 

23 minutes ago, RavensDieHard21 said:

Btw, saying Foster isn't value at 16 is blasphemous. Guy is easily a top 10 pick.

I disagree, but we've all got our own boards and can judge our own value. To me he's fine value at 16, but there's lots of players I'd take over him that'll realistically be available at that pick

I'll edit this in: I don't think anyone here said he was bad value there, but as I said earlier, I don't view him as a top 10, maybe even top 15, player.

Edited by hn68wb4

22 minutes ago, jboy19 said:

My unsourced, crazy hunches:

Leonard Fournette goes at the second pick, whether someone trades up or not. 

Zay Jones goes before Corey Davis. 

Marshon Lattimore is the third CB drafted. 

2 offensive linemen go in the top 10. 

Ravens trade a TE during the draft. 

I would happily trade any TE on the team to move up in the third for someone like Ryan Anderson, Derek Rivers, or Carlos Watkins.

4 hours ago, hn68wb4 said:

Not that this thread needs to devolve into more Flacco discussion, but around here in Flacco threads you get two sides and no in between - either you see him do no wrong or he is the sole reason we've been terrible -

This makes zero since.  In the massive Tough Talk thread about Joe, there have been many, many people that are in between, for instance me.  I support Joe, but he has to play better, but cutting him or trading him or saying he needs some support around him makes me a homer? got it. 

Sidenote, i expect a big trade in the first round, no idea who....what team, etc....

Edited by usmccharles

10 minutes ago, RaineV1 said:

I would happily trade any TE on the team to move up in the third for someone like Ryan Anderson, Derek Rivers, or Carlos Watkins.

How would you feel if we give up maxx? I would be kinda bum being he'll be another 2nd round bust but then again, I don't see him beating out pitta this year

Just now, usmccharles said:

This makes zero since.  In the massive Tough Talk thread about Joe, there have been many, many people that are in between, for instance me.  I support Joe, but he has to play better, but cutting him or trading him or saying he needs some support around him makes me a homer? got it. 

Talk about needlessly reading into something and taking unnecessary offense. All I'm saying is that everytime I used to go into those threads and say "well Flacco shouldn't be absolved of all blame, he's certainly nowhere near the biggest problem on the team and he has little help, but some of the decisions he makes are entirely on him" I get negged to death, and as such I stopped going into those threads. That's literally all i'm saying there, I certainly didn't say there was no such thing as objectivity here, you may be confusing me for the other guy who was saying that. I even said later in that comment that you quoted that there is plenty of sane discussion to have on Flacco, it just doesn't usually happen in those threads.

12 minutes ago, RaineV1 said:

Im honestly not sure the Ravens could snag a 3rd with any of the TEs. Maxx probably has the most value but I'm not sure anyone would part with higher than a 4th to get him. 

6 minutes ago, hn68wb4 said:

Talk about needlessly reading into something and taking unnecessary offense. All I'm saying is that everytime I used to go into those threads and say "well Flacco shouldn't be absolved of all blame, he's certainly nowhere near the biggest problem on the team and he has little help, but some of the decisions he makes are entirely on him" I get negged to death, and as such I stopped going into those threads. That's literally all i'm saying there, I certainly didn't say there was no such thing as objectivity here, you may be confusing me for the other guy who was saying that. I even said later in that comment that you quoted that there is plenty of sane discussion to have on Flacco, it just doesn't usually happen in those threads.

I just dont see it your way, wasnt technically directed at you, just making the statement.  I should of pointed that out. 

Edited by usmccharles

2 minutes ago, hn68wb4 said:

Not at all.Dont be absurd. What makes you me anybody a homer is biased opinions. Like moving a player up 100 spots on your draft board after your team drafts him. Convincing yourself your players are better than opponents based on who plays for your team. Over confident in your teams projections. Convincing yourself an expensive free agent isn't a good addition on your team because you know your team isn't going to sign him. While knowing you would do cartwheels if your team actually signed him. lol Some examples of being  homeristic.

Just now, PurpleHorseman said:

Back to bold predictions. We trade round4 and round 3 next year pick for Gronk on draft day. I think a good chance we add a vet like a Duane Brown Jeremy Maclin and maybe Gronk

20 minutes ago, jboy19 said:

Im honestly not sure the Ravens could snag a 3rd with any of the TEs. Maxx probably has the most value but I'm not sure anyone would part with higher than a 4th to get him. 

Move up. Not get a 3rd rounder. Like, Maxx or Gilmore and our 3rd round pick (original or Eagles) for someone else's third round pick. Maybe throw in our 6th round pick to help sweeten the deal.

6 minutes ago, PurpleHorseman said:

Back to bold predictions. We trade round4 and round 3 next year pick for Gronk on draft day. I think a good chance we add a vet like a Duane Brown Jeremy Maclin and maybe Gronk

I know this is a bold prediction thread, but there is zero chance we get Gronk lol.  But i like your thinking, kind of lol

1 hour ago, usmccharles said:

I know this is a bold prediction thread, but there is zero chance we get Gronk lol.  But i like your thinking, kind of lol

Why do you say zero chance?? Patriots won without him(granted lot of luck involved) and Bill Belichick more or less tolerates Gronks style. Bill didn't like his latest antics getting involved in wwe wrestle mania. His style fits ravens more than patriots. Don't mistake his partying for drama players. Gronk is the first to practice and train and the last to leave. The dude works harder than even Tom Brady. May not trade him to rival but Belichick can be pretty arrogant and trade him then try to contain him!!

2 minutes ago, PurpleHorseman said:

Why do you say zero chance?? Patriots won without him(granted lot of luck involved) and Bill Belichick more or less tolerates Gronks style. Bill didn't like his latest antics getting involved in wwe wrestle mania. His style fits ravens more than patriots. Don't mistake his partying for drama players. Gronk is the first to practice and train and the last to leave. The dude works harder than even Tom Brady. May not trade him to rival but Belichick can be pretty arrogant and trade him then try to contain him!!

I have zero issues with his partying because its all in good fun, now if a story came out where he gets a little rough with women, thats when stuff becomes an issue.  But...

1) Health issues.  I think the kids body is breaking down.  Imagine if we traded for him then he gets hurt, this forum would be outraged.  The Ravens didnt draft him when he had health concerns, why would they trade for him when he has shown those concerns to be true

3) The Contract.

4) I dont think anyone actually thinks he works harder than Brady. 

5) i just dont think there is any reality to this.  Why dont we just trade for Julio?  its all fun to play madden, but id bet whatever that this never happens.  obviosuly lol

1 hour ago, RaineV1 said:

Move up. Not get a 3rd rounder. Like, Maxx or Gilmore and our 3rd round pick (original or Eagles) for someone else's third round pick. Maybe throw in our 6th round pick to help sweeten the deal.

Our TE's have little to zero trade value. Max is only one anybody could have interest in. He has very good skill level but everything I read says he is lazy with poor workout and eating habits. He coasted on natural skill in college. It's a shame to cuz he has top5 TE raw skill level. He is fast and slippery for a big TE that is slightly out of shape. He has awesome hands and ball skills. And he has very good instincts and reading of coverage. He knows where to go and settle in. If he worked like Gronk he could challenge for all pro.

At 6'5 255lbs he could run and play at 4.58-4.63 range with silky smooth slippery style. Raven offense counting him getting his act together. If we did trade for Gronk and Max adopted his work ethic could you imagine our offense? Then Boyle playing fullback with Dixon an elite receiving threat. And that is before factoring in the WR's. As in drafting Ardarius Stewart/JuJu/Davis. And maybe Chris Moore coming to his own. Lots Potential 

12 minutes ago, PurpleHorseman said:

Who said Belichick had a problem with Wrestlemania other than media speculating?

They aren't trading Gronk unless it's for compensation that wows them. A 1st rd pick is probably the starting point. 

And we're not giving up that sort of compensation for a frequently injured player on a big contract. 

If you don't like 0% chance... fine. But it's not any better than maybe a 4-5% chance. 

9 minutes ago, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

Who said Belichick had a problem with Wrestlemania other than media speculating?

They aren't trading Gronk unless it's for compensation that wows them. A 1st rd pick is probably the starting point. 

And we're not giving up that sort of compensation for a frequently injured player on a big contract. 

If you don't like 0% chance... fine. But it's not any better than maybe a 4-5% chance. 

Patriots won without him. And with latest injury Belichick may want to unload his salary. Not likely. But many are speculating Belichick at least considering trading Gronk. With injuries he will not command round1 pick. A round2 could maybe pull it off. Whatever the % chance is. Adding Gronk would be awesome for the offense.

Edited by PurpleHorseman

8 minutes ago, PurpleHorseman said:

Patriots won without him. And with latest injury Belichick may want to unload his salary. Not likely. But many are speculating Belichick at least considering trading Gronk. With injuries he will not command round1 pick. A round2 could maybe pull it off. Whatever the % chance is. Adding Gronk would be awesome for the offense.

Dont you think if BB wants to get rid of a player, there is a pretty good damn reason why? A lot of things would be awesome, like talking to my dog, but the chances are about the same and honestly talking to my dog might be easier.  

16 minutes ago, PurpleHorseman said:

Yes adding Gronk would be awesome. But it's not happening. 

Who are the "many" that are speculating he'll be traded? Can you cite them?

And they won without him but with Bennett. Bennett's gone. He's Brady's best weapon and makes them a far more dangerous team. 

They have no reason to move him. They have plenty of cap space so the cap dump is a moot point. 

Its not happening. Doesn't make much sense for either side. Fantasy is fun but let's get back to predictions for the draft.... and ones that have even a slight possibility of happening. 

13 minutes ago, usmccharles said:

Dont you think if BB wants to get rid of a player, there is a pretty good damn reason why? A lot of things would be awesome, like talking to my dog, but the chances are about the same and honestly talking to my dog might be easier.  

Belichick is known for trading players more than anybody. Trading Gronk out of nowhere wouldn't surprise.

Just now, PurpleHorseman said:

Belichick is known for trading players more than anybody. Trading Gronk out of nowhere wouldn't surprise.

ok then. 

2 hours ago, Davesta said:

How would you feel if we give up maxx? I would be kinda bum being he'll be another 2nd round bust but then again, I don't see him beating out pitta this year

They'd be selling low on a player who could still potentially be good, as unlikely as that is, so I guess I would be against it unless someone gave us more compensation than he's worth. That said, Maxx doesn't have the quickness to separate from defenders. He might be a good blocking TE if last year was any indication, but he is kind of a disappointment thus far, so I wouldn't be that upset if he was traded.

Also, where is all of this Gronk trade speculation coming from lol. Zero chance we're the ones making that trade, as unlikely as it is that is ever happens in the first place. 

1 minute ago, Maryland said:

Also, where is all of this Gronk trade speculation coming from lol. Zero chance we're the ones making that trade, as unlikely as it is that is ever happens in the first place. 

103887758-madden.530x298.jpg?v=147197040

This is why....

Just now, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

Yes adding Gronk would be awesome. But it's not happening. 

Who are the "many" that are speculating he'll be traded? Can you cite them?

And they won without him but with Bennett. Bennett's gone. He's Brady's best weapon and makes them a far more dangerous team. 

They have no reason to move him. They have plenty of cap space so the cap dump is a moot point. 

Its not happening. Doesn't make much sense for either side. Fantasy is fun but let's get back to predictions for the draft.... and ones that have even a slight possibility of happening. 

You talk like it's a bad idea. You don't like 27 yr old All pro playmakers??Adding Gronk makes no sense? If he were 33 yrs old and cut then it would make sense right?? Cite who?? Seriously?? Google Gronk Trade and see what you find. Not saying it's going to happen but Belichick is making a lot of moves. He could be changing the offense altogether. How do you fit in all those weapons. Edelman, Hogan, The ascending Mitchell, Allen, Cooks, Gronk. Similar to when Moss was traded when Gronk/Hernandez arrived and patriots moved to a 2TE offense.

4 minutes ago, PurpleHorseman said:

You play that crap? 

No i figured you did. 

6 minutes ago, PurpleHorseman said:

You talk like it's a bad idea. You don't like 27 yr old All pro playmakers??Adding Gronk makes no sense? If he were 33 yrs old and cut then it would make sense right?? Cite who?? Seriously?? Google Gronk Trade and see what you find. Not saying it's going to happen but Belichick is making a lot of moves. He could be changing the offense altogether. How do you fit in all those weapons. Edelman, Hogan, The ascending Mitchell, Allen, Cooks, Gronk. Similar to when Moss was traded when Gronk/Hernandez arrived and patriots moved to a 2TE offense.

I dont think he was saying Gronk would never be traded, correct me if im wrong @BOLDnPurPnBlacK, hes saying that we wont trade for him and i completely agree.