52520Andrew

Bold Predictions Thread

187 posts in this topic

48 minutes ago, hn68wb4 said:

Said the same thing on the first page. He's easily the best coverage LB already, if he didn't have a serious injury history he'd be in the conversation of first LB taken. I'm not all that high on Foster, he'll set a physical tone, but I don't think he's got the instincts of past LBs taken in the top 10. To me he's not a top 10, maybe even top 15, guy in this class. If we want a Bama LB wait until next year for Rashaan Evans.

Whatever dude if ravens got Foster you all would be doing cartwheels. Why does this board always smash on players it knows are out of range. And hit the neg icon on things that are true but don't like. Somebody could say Flacco is not as good as Brady and it would get 101 negs. Homerism at its finest.

Edited by PurpleHorseman

52 minutes ago, PurpleHorseman said:

Whatever dude if ravens got Foster you all would be doing cartwheels. Why does this board always smash on players it knows are out of range. And hit the neg icon on things that are true but don't like. Somebody could say Flacco is not as good as Brady and it would get 101 negs. Homerism at its finest.

That's not true at all - I don't think anyone is realistically saying flacco is better than Brady or that jarrad Davis should go ahead of foster but likewise no one here just accepts that guys out of our range are perfect prospects (they are just less flawed than guys who are in range - doesn't mean we have to like them though) ... I think Jamal Adams is the only prospect I haven't worried about briefly at all as a prospect for any reason this draft season

youre right of course, if I could do cartwheels, I would do them if we drafted foster at 16

1 hour ago, PurpleHorseman said:

I'd be thoroughly upset because the value just isn't there.

1 hour ago, PurpleHorseman said:

Lol, weird, saying Foster isn't a top 15 talent now means that I'm against taking him out of the top 15, makes sense. Seems like you've got a bad case of "I'm always right and everyone is just against me" syndrome. I'd like to see if anyone in the history of this sub has every said anything to the effect of "Flacco is better than Brady," Who else outside of our range have I ever trashed around here besides Foster - whom I have never trashed, he's a fine player, but I do think he's overrated - and Solomon Thomas - who's trashing I'll stand behind any day of the week. I have not gone against any other player that is seemingly out of our range. I'm sorry that that fact doesn't jive with your "I'm always right and the negs prove that" mentality.

Edited by hn68wb4

2 hours ago, rmw10 said:

Once a decade? Kuechley, Mosley. The latter may not be at the same level as Foster could be, but I fail to see how he's some rare prospect. 

Hey, it is the BOLD prediction thread, sometimes you gotta go out on a limb

I'd rather let people claim something like Myles Garrett falling to the 7th round as opposed to someone not stating their opinions because they don't think people will agree with them. If people agreed with all the opinions being made here, it would defeat the purpose of it being a bold prediction thread. 

21 minutes ago, rossihunter2 said:

That's not true at all - I don't think anyone is realistically saying flacco is better than Brady or that jarrad Davis should go ahead of foster but likewise no one here just accepts that guys out of our range are perfect prospects (they are just less flawed than guys who are in range - doesn't mean we have to like them though) ... I think Jamal Adams is the only prospect I haven't worried about briefly at all as a prospect for any reason this draft season

youre right of course, if I could do cartwheels, I would do them if we drafted foster at 16

I know many don't say it. But neg it whenever mentioned. I would be for trading up for Hooker or Adams. Maybe Foster if it was only couple spots. And it isn't only players flaws. Any player out of range is usually overrated. And not a good idea to trade up for. Like the Khalil Mack discussion. Every body here said trading the round1-3 picks would of been a bad idea. And said ravens were better off with Mosley Jernigan and the slug of a TE than Mack. Who is co best defensive player in the league. And a very rare irreplaceable player. 

Same in free agency. All the older players and ravens style moves are great. Anything that seems not a ravens move and not likely to happen most around here. Many here convince themselves it is a bad move anyways. Paying Wagner and Osemele is to much money and overpaying most said. Yet paying $60 to a 2 down limited player is the right move. Limited 2 down block eaters come a dime a dozen but most convince themselves it was a great signing. But paying the same money to a guard that consistently drives nosetackles off the ball is to much money. And as always want to believe it is the right decision. Nobody wanted Perriman at 26. Anybody would agree before the draft Perriman in round1 is a reach. But now everybody says he is going to be a No. WR. Biased opinions.

17 minutes ago, hn68wb4 said:

Lol, weird, saying Foster isn't a top 15 talent now means that I'm against taking him out of the top 15, makes sense. Seems like you've got a bad case of "I'm always right and everyone is just against me" syndrome. I'd like to see if anyone in the history of this sub has every said anything to the effect of "Flacco is better than Brady," Who else outside of our range have I ever trashed around here besides Foster - whom I have never trashed, he's a fine player, but I do think he's overrated - and Solomon Thomas - who's trashing I'll stand behind any day of the week. I have not gone against any other player that is seemingly out of our range. I'm sorry that that fact doesn't jive with your "I'm always right and the negs prove that" mentality.

Never said that. But whenever mentioned Matt Brady is better it is negged. I'll give you a more clear example. Nobody outside this board would ever argue Flacco is better than Matt Ryan. This is the only place you will ever see an argument for Flacco being better than Ryan.

1 minute ago, PurpleHorseman said:

Never said that. But whenever mentioned Matt Brady is better it is negged. I'll give you a more clear example. Nobody outside this board would ever argue Flacco is better than Matt Ryan. This is the only place you will ever see an argument for Flacco being better than Ryan.

Actually that's not true. 

23 minutes ago, BmoreBird22 said:

I'd be thoroughly upset because the value just isn't there.

Exactly 

11 minutes ago, PurpleHorseman said:

Not that this thread needs to devolve into more Flacco discussion, but around here in Flacco threads you get two sides and no in between - either you see him do no wrong or he is the sole reason we've been terrible - hence why I steer clear of any Flacco thread ever made on here. Usually in threads not made specifically about him you can get rational discussion about his strengths and weaknesses as a QB. But the Flacco v. Ryan debate was contentious regardless of what forum you're on until this past year when Ryan pull ahead clearly. But it's just plain wrong to say this is the only place where people would argue Flacco was better, as someone that takes part in the NFL subreddit, again, it was a contentious debate before this past year. I honestly would like any proof that any post saying Brady is better is negged, I strongly doubt that, that is an exaggeration. Only time that gets negged is if we're going into a Ravens v. Patriots game and in that scenario anything to do with the Pats is negged out of principle.

Edited by hn68wb4

5 minutes ago, PurpleHorseman said:

Shannon Sharpe, Greg Jennings, and Skip Bayless (although not a big fan) all stated Flacco was at the top of their list of 1st round QBs drafted in the last decade, over your man crush Matt Ryan. So once again, you are wrong. 

13 minutes ago, PurpleHorseman said:

http://m.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-417-Joe-Flacco-Ranked-Top-First-Round-Quarterback-Of-Past-Decade/ac18f06d-f24b-40c2-aa84-72fcf066b5ea 

didnt think I'd get to use this link so soon, just found it today

5 minutes ago, Jonah DeVito said:

Shannon Sharpe, Greg Jennings, and Skip Bayless (although not a big fan) all stated Flacco was at the top of their list of 1st round QBs drafted in the last decade, over your man crush Matt Ryan. So once again, you are wrong. 

I have already discussed this with fans of various teams. Bayless is Bayless. Sharp is a former raven. And Jennings is trying to make a team. And ravens have a rep of over 30 retread receivers lol. 

15 minutes ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

Dude please don't bring Bayless into this. His whole game is saying something controversial to spark interest. I was referring to fans who are football fanatics. I deal with people from all over the country. And I haven't heard anybody that has Joe over Matt. I think it's pretty close but Matts accuracy and faster trigger where to go with throws gives him a slight edge. To be more blunt. I never heard a fan say Flacco is better than Matt. Most of the unbiased fans. And by unbiased I mean not a ravens fan and not a rival teams fan. Say " I know this may anger you, but Flacco is the best game manager". Meaning he isn't a QB you put the game on his shoulder. Of course I argue if he is in the right offense with Right players he will be a very prolific qb

Edited by PurpleHorseman

8 minutes ago, PurpleHorseman said:

Dude please don't bring Bayless into this. His whole game is saying something controversial to spark interest. I was referring to fans who are football fanatics. I deal with people from all over the country. And I haven't heard anybody that has Joe over Matt. I think it's pretty close but Matts accuracy and faster trigger where to go with throws gives him a slight edge

Jennings and sharpe, actual longtime NFL players and performed as some of the best in the league at their positions, and super bowl winners... all agreed

8 minutes ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

Jennings and sharpe, actual longtime NFL players and performed as some of the best in the league at their positions, and super bowl winners... all agreed

Like I said Bayless is Bayless. Sharp was a raven. And Jennings wants to play. And ravens have a history of over 30 yr old retread receivers. So Jennings was scoring points for a job. lol

36 minutes ago, PurpleHorseman said:

I know many don't say it. But neg it whenever mentioned. I would be for trading up for Hooker or Adams. Maybe Foster if it was only couple spots. And it isn't only players flaws. Any player out of range is usually overrated. And not a good idea to trade up for. Like the Khalil Mack discussion. Every body here said trading the round1-3 picks would of been a bad idea. And said ravens were better off with Mosley Jernigan and the slug of a TE than Mack. Who is co best defensive player in the league. And a very rare irreplaceable player. 

Same in free agency. All the older players and ravens style moves are great. Anything that seems not a ravens move and not likely to happen most around here. Many here convince themselves it is a bad move anyways. Paying Wagner and Osemele is to much money and overpaying most said. Yet paying $60 to a 2 down limited player is the right move. Limited 2 down block eaters come a dime a dozen but most convince themselves it was a great signing. But paying the same money to a guard that consistently drives nosetackles off the ball is to much money. And as always want to believe it is the right decision. Nobody wanted Perriman at 26. Anybody would agree before the draft Perriman in round1 is a reach. But now everybody says he is going to be a No. WR. Biased opinions.

All you're doing is describing front office moves you disagree with - I don't see any moves you mentioned on there that got unanimous approval just go back and look at all the disapproval for the Brandon Williams move on the talk thread as just one example

you are mistaking support for the team for implicit approval of every move they make - no I didn't necessarily think perriman was the best pick there but I sure as hell hope he turns out to be still and will support him and the team as he progresses and hopefully proves them right and a lot of us wrong - that does not mean that I agreed/agree with the move

ill admit that I wasn't really around for the Khalil Mack discussion but I'm pretty damn chuffed with how Mosley has turned out - Mack is certainly irreplaceable for the raiders but I'd suggest that Mosley has a similar effect on our own defence - just look at how our defence struggled while he was out this season

but what is growing increasingly clear is that you really want to build yourself an island of dissatisfaction surrounded by your stable of boys which of course is your prerogative - just don't build it with alternative facts and fake news

42 minutes ago, PurpleHorseman said:

Literally there was an article cited in LFW this morning about how Joe flacco was voted the best round 1 qb in the last decade over various qbs including Matty ice and luck - if that isn't a clear enough example of evidence that these boards aren't isolated in not thinking flacco is terrible then I don't know what is

edit: just realised joeyflex saw the same article

Edited by rossihunter2

4 minutes ago, PurpleHorseman said:

Like I said Bayless is Bayless. Sharp was a raven. And Jennings wants to play. And ravens have a history of over 30 yr old retread receivers. So Jennings was scoring points for a job. lol

That's asinine and stupid reasoning. The whole panel agreed... literally Tom Brady and Mike Tomlin could be on that panel and praise Flacco and you'd still attempt to delegitimise it...

39 minutes ago, hn68wb4 said:

Not that this thread needs to devolve into more Flacco discussion, but around here in Flacco threads you get two sides and no in between - either you see him do no wrong or he is the sole reason we've been terrible - hence why I steer clear of any Flacco thread ever made on here. Usually in threads not made specifically about him you can get rational discussion about his strengths and weaknesses as a QB. But the Flacco v. Ryan debate was contentious regardless of what forum you're on until this past year when Ryan pull ahead clearly. But it's just plain wrong to say this is the only place where people would argue Flacco was better, as someone that takes part in the NFL subreddit, again, it was a contentious debate before this past year. I honestly would like any proof that any post saying Brady is better is negged, I strongly doubt that, that is an exaggeration. Only time that gets negged is if we're going into a Ravens v. Patriots game and in that scenario anything to do with the Pats is negged out of principle.

I think there's far more middle-grounders in the flacco debate than it seems just because we always have to argue against one side or the other to extremes because they only deal in absolutes

7 minutes ago, rossihunter2 said:

That's asinine and stupid reasoning. The whole panel agreed... literally Tom Brady and Mike Tomlin could be on that panel and praise Flacco and you'd still attempt to delegitimise it...

Cool, find ANYBODY else saying that. Of all the QB's on that rating. Joe is the one that is one more bad year away from his team looking for his replacement. 

59 minutes ago, PurpleHorseman said:

Cool, find ANYBODY else saying that. Of all the QB's on that rating. Joe is the one that is one more bad year away from his team looking for his replacement. 

He's also the only one whos had consistent postseason success despite having a weak offensive cast and horrible coordinating, while the others have had weapons flacco dreams of having yet they have fell short far more times than flacco has. 

Im a huge flacco fan and I'll admit he needs to get better. His inability to hit guys in stride and his tendency to lose all sense of mechanics is absolutely maddening. But look at what he did against Pitt, when it mattered, he won that game for us despite his guys on offense letting him down repeatedly with drops and failures to make routine sideline catches(cough pitta) and what happened? Our defense gave up a pathetic absurd drive to lose it. It's been a recurring theme for flaccos whole career. No qb has been let down by his team more than flacco has and the "fans" who watch this team week in and week out can't even see it. Does he need to get better? Absolutely, especially for what he's being paid, but his supporting cast on offense needs to improve ten fold of what flacco needs to improve.

16 minutes ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

He's also the only one whos had consistent postseason success despite having a weak offensive cast and horrible coordinating, while the others have had weapons flacco dreams of having yet they have fell short far more times than flacco has. 

Im a huge flacco fan and I'll admit he needs to get better. His inability to hit guys in stride and his tendency to lose all sense of mechanics is absolutely maddening. But look at what he did against Pitt, when it mattered, he won that game for us despite his guys on offense letting him down repeatedly with drops and failures to make routine sideline catches(cough pitta) and what happened? Our defense gave up a pathetic absurd drive to lose it. It's been a recurring theme for flaccos whole career. No qb has been let down by his team more than flacco has and the "fans" who watch this team week in and week out can't even see it. Does he need to get better? Absolutely, especially for what he's being paid, but his supporting cast on offense needs to improve ten fold of what flacco needs to improve.

Mostly agreed

2 hours ago, PurpleHorseman said:

Dude please don't bring Bayless into this. His whole game is saying something controversial to spark interest. I was referring to fans who are football fanatics. I deal with people from all over the country. And I haven't heard anybody that has Joe over Matt. I think it's pretty close but Matts accuracy and faster trigger where to go with throws gives him a slight edge. To be more blunt. I never heard a fan say Flacco is better than Matt. Most of the unbiased fans. And by unbiased I mean not a ravens fan and not a rival teams fan. Say " I know this may anger you, but Flacco is the best game manager". Meaning he isn't a QB you put the game on his shoulder. Of course I argue if he is in the right offense with Right players he will be a very prolific qb

You are telling me that the 2012 Super Bowl run wasn't because of Flaccos historic play? You're telling me that all those 4th quarter clutch drives he's had to put us in the lead (oftentimes for the defense to let the game slip away right after) aren't on his shoulders? When we win, it's because of Flacco dude. He may be inconsistent, but when he's on, you absolutely let Flacco carry the team. 

1 hour ago, rossihunter2 said:

Literally there was an article cited in LFW this morning about how Joe flacco was voted the best round 1 qb in the last decade over various qbs including Matty ice and luck - if that isn't a clear enough example of evidence that these boards aren't isolated in not thinking flacco is terrible then I don't know what is

edit: just realised joeyflex saw the same article

I brought it up first <_<

29 minutes ago, Jonah DeVito said:

I brought it up first <_<

My bad - I just got so over-excited that he literally walked into evidence

Ravens will trade up 2-3 spots (giving a 5th round) to jump the defense needy colt if Barnett or foster slide.

Or trade up to stop the WR-needy titans from jumping us to grab Corey Davis or mike will if that's who we covet 

Edited by Davesta

I truly believe if Fournette slips past the Jets and the Panthers, we may consider trading places with Arizona to move up 3 slots before Philadelphia and pick him up. We may have to give up one of our 3rd round picks to achieve that but I think it is entirely likely we go for it for Fournette.

In my honest opinion if we pick up Fournette, we are an immediate contender that can go all the way and win it too.

Edited by ellicottraven

Tampa trades their third round pick  to Baltimore in order to jump Washington and procure Dalvin Cook.

41 minutes ago, Davesta said:

Ravens will trade up 2-3 spots (giving a 5th round) to jump the defense needy colt if Barnett or foster slide.

Or trade up to stop the WR-needy titans from jumping us to grab Corey Davis or mike will if that's who we covet 

Not to be a downer, but a fifth rounder doesn't get you squat in moving up in the first. Bold predict ion though. I would say our 4th rounder could get us up to 13th or 14th.