LosT_in_TranSlatioN

Lost's "I lied" Mock Draft

32 posts in this topic

Well. Given that the forum is shutting down....
I don't care if you are of the opinion of "you're making too many mocks. You need to stop. Devote your time and energy elsewhere. Make another mock "draft telking lyke diz. Et wuz funne" ".

Well screw you, I am making one this week, next week, and draft week just to spite you! And then I'm making one the week after that! Why? Because we are going under anyway. Why the hell should I care?

Here we go.

Round One: Corey Davis, WR

58665b82da7fc.image.jpg?resize=1200,800

*As soon as we draft him. Joe Flacco goes down on his knees in the war room and starts kissing Ozzie's feet.*

Joe: "Finally. I have a guy I can build with. Why have you neglected me for so long?"

I love Perriman, and I think Joe and Wallace have great chemsitry. But we have the chance to draft a polished guy who can come in immediately and be a #1 WR. He's a good route runner, and smooth. He'd be a hell of a compliment to Perriman, and a red zone threat. Oh, and like Perriman he's good at jump balls. It's about damn time we catch up with the rest of the AFC north. 

Round Two: Tim Williams, OLB

timwilliams.png

I'd be happy with either Alabama OLB. Williams is the better pass rusher between the two and I think he could have an immediate impact here as an edge player. I have a feeling that Ozzie would be a little more lenient with an Alabama player. 

Round Three: Pat Elflein, C

9043116-ncaa-football-fiesta-bowl-notre-

See literally almost all of my mock drafts. I think with us trading Jernigan(the dumbest move of the offseason by far), we could compensate by finding a future center. Elflein would help our offensive line find an identity. He's nasty, but has some clear-cut issues. However, these issues are coachable, and some of them resulted from unconventional playcalling(credit to @-Truth- for pointing this out to me) that honestly set him up for failure at times. 

Round Three pt 2: Jake Butt, TE

sjkygvthgy0barksquxe.jpg

Spoiler alert: Jake Butt will be in every single one of my mocks. 

Round Four: Cameron Sutton, CB

cam-sutton-wear-7.jpg

Round 5: Conor McDermott, OT

web.sp_.BREAKING.football.AYeo_-640x500.

"Bigger and Stronger Offensive line". 

Well, at 6'9, McDermott covers the bigger part.

Let's finally get rid of Hurst shall we? McDermott is NOT a LT at the pro level. But with proper coaching and conditioning he could turn into a very intimidating RT. Which is something we need. He's a much better run blocker than pass blocker and was the only good player on UCLA's oline last season. Overall, even in the piss poor oline class, I feel that McDermott has potential to be a starting RT at the NFL level. Worst case scenario is that we sign a stop-gap like Dunlap and develop McDermott who could be a backup swing tackle. 

Round 6: Ezra Robinson, CB

16040L.jpg

Another CB. Because we seem obsessed with adding some depth there

Anyway, that's my mock. You'll be getting another one sometime next week, and then on draft day.

And then after draft day.

I'd be pretty happy with this draft. I think the guys in the first four rounds can be starters for The Ravens, and make an early impact. McDemott at least gives us some more competition for the spot, which is good.

55 minutes ago, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

Well. Given that the forum is shutting down....
I don't care if you are of the opinion of "you're making too many mocks. You need to stop. Devote your time and energy elsewhere. Make another mock "draft telking lyke diz. Et wuz funne" ".

Well screw you, I am making one this week, next week, and draft week just to spite you! And then I'm making one the week after that! Why? Because we are going under anyway. Why the hell should I care?

Here we go.

Round One: Corey Davis, WR

58665b82da7fc.image.jpg?resize=1200,800

*As soon as we draft him. Joe Flacco goes down on his knees in the war room and starts kissing Ozzie's feet.*

Joe: "Finally. I have a guy I can build with. Why have you neglected me for so long?"

I love Perriman, and I think Joe and Wallace have great chemsitry. But we have the chance to draft a polished guy who can come in immediately and be a #1 WR. He's a good route runner, and smooth. He'd be a hell of a compliment to Perriman, and a red zone threat. Oh, and like Perriman he's good at jump balls. It's about damn time we catch up with the rest of the AFC north. 

Round Two: Tim Williams, OLB

timwilliams.png

I'd be happy with either Alabama OLB. Williams is the better pass rusher between the two and I think he could have an immediate impact here as an edge player. I have a feeling that Ozzie would be a little more lenient with an Alabama player. 

Round Three: Pat Elflein, C

9043116-ncaa-football-fiesta-bowl-notre-

See literally almost all of my mock drafts. I think with us trading Jernigan(the dumbest move of the offseason by far), we could compensate by finding a future center. Elflein would help our offensive line find an identity. He's nasty, but has some clear-cut issues. However, these issues are coachable, and some of them resulted from unconventional playcalling(credit to @-Truth- for pointing this out to me) that honestly set him up for failure at times. 

Round Three pt 2: Jake Butt, TE

sjkygvthgy0barksquxe.jpg

Spoiler alert: Jake Butt will be in every single one of my mocks. 

Round Four: Cameron Sutton, CB

cam-sutton-wear-7.jpg

Round 5: Conor McDermott, OT

web.sp_.BREAKING.football.AYeo_-640x500.

"Bigger and Stronger Offensive line". 

Well, at 6'9, McDermott covers the bigger part.

Let's finally get rid of Hurst shall we? McDermott is NOT a LT at the pro level. But with proper coaching and conditioning he could turn into a very intimidating RT. Which is something we need. He's a much better run blocker than pass blocker and was the only good player on UCLA's oline last season. Overall, even in the piss poor oline class, I feel that McDermott has potential to be a starting RT at the NFL level. Worst case scenario is that we sign a stop-gap like Dunlap and develop McDermott who could be a backup swing tackle. 

Round 6: Ezra Robinson, CB

16040L.jpg

Another CB. Because we seem obsessed with adding some depth there

Anyway, that's my mock. You'll be getting another one sometime next week, and then on draft day.

And then after draft day.

Fireworks go off and a draft to celebrate. I think we have a winner

Replace jake butt with a corner and I'd be very happy with this draft - I still don't think elflein falls that far though

1 minute ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

I'd poop if our draft turned out like this 

Would that be a good poop or a bad poop?

26 minutes ago, SepticeyePoe said:

Would that be a good poop or a bad poop?

The best kind of poop

Like the mock except I don't think Butt makes it to the 3rd rd. Steelers or Cowboys taking him in the 2nd. You can butt on it.

Edited by Willbacker

Ozzie would take those first four picks. The more I see Elflein talked about in round three, the more I begin to believe it. 

Really, landing four starters up front is entirely possible. Nice mock.

I would be great with the first four but go elsewhere after that. Definitely not McDermott which feels only as a need type pick.

If somehow Sidney Jones slid to the third would you take him? I'm sure you would...I only say that BC I'm not sure about the butt pick.I know it shouldn't matter how many tight ends we have if he's the BPA anyway- but I still have faith in atleast 3 of our tight ends who are still on rookie deals- plus I think we could get a better corner with that 2nd pick in the third...or maybe double dip elsewhere...

Anyway everything else I'm ecstatic about and I still like the butt pick..just something to think about.

Edited by January J

9 minutes ago, RavensFanMania said:

Just having a Butt on our roster is a win in every way

"Uh oh, Butt fumbled the ball at the 50 yard line"

"Flacco drops back to throw, and... oh! He hits Butt for the touchdown!"

10 minutes ago, RavensFanMania said:

Just having a Butt on our roster is a win in every way

I prefer the cheerleaders....

9 minutes ago, usmccharles said:

The other members cant deny

Harbaugh: "Oh, my, god, Ozzie, look at Jake Butt"

10 minutes ago, SepticeyePoe said:

Harbaugh: "Oh, my, god, Ozzie, look at Jake Butt"

"he looks like, one of them cheerleaders, boyfriends"

26 minutes ago, SepticeyePoe said:

"Uh oh, Butt fumbled the ball at the 50 yard line"

I didn't know mark Sanchez was in this draft class

This is a very good mock, it addresses many of our needs. The only change I would make is to drop Jake Butt and replace him with a defensive lineman.

A mock draft AFTER the draft? I dig it. 

I also found it fitting that Connor Cook got grayed out against Williams. 

5 hours ago, usmccharles said:

The other members cant deny

When he scores touchdowns with his really wide frame he will spike it in your face you'll get STOKED, when he pulls out front into the seams he won't get stuffed. Deep in D he's running, with Flacco and co. gunning.

11 hours ago, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

When he scores touchdowns with his really wide frame he will spike it in your face you'll get STOKED, when he pulls out front into the seams he won't get stuffed. Deep in D he's running, with Flacco and co. gunning.

Oh draft pick, I wanna get wit'cha, the draft skeptics tried to warn me, but that combine you had makes me so....

23 minutes ago, usmccharles said:

Oh draft pick, I wanna get wit'cha, the draft skeptics tried to warn me, but that combine you had makes me so....

... happy. Ooh, Catch-the-pigskin

You say you wanna come to the Castle? Well, prove to me, prove to me, that you ain't that average TE