Sami84

Sami84 mock draft

21 posts in this topic

two scenarios here i'd love.

 

Round 1 pick 16

If no trade

Derek Barnett DE/OLB

 

 

OR round 1 pick 29-  ( from GB in return for 2nd round pick 61)

 

Jordan Willis DE/OLB

 

Round 2 pick 48

Zach Cunningham ILB

 

Round 2 pick 61 (If trade transpires)

Zay Jones WR

 

Round 3 pick 74

Desmond King S/CB

 

Round 3 pick 78

Dan Feeny OG( if not available Dion Dawkins OG)

 

Round 4 pick 122

Antonio Garcia OT- changed to Justin Senior OT. ( Upon further realistic reflection)

 

Round 5 pick 159

Derek Rivers OLB/DE - changed to Joe Mathis DE.  ( Upon further realistic reflection)

 

Round 6 pick 186

Jalen Myrick CB ( this is optimistic but hey..who knows..)

 

Edited by Sami84
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're really pushing Willis eh? 

I'd be shocked and appalled if feeney fell to the third and have no reason to believe Cunningham falls that far either

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

You're really pushing Willis eh? 

I'd be shocked and appalled if feeney fell to the third and have no reason to believe Cunningham falls that far either

2

This is a really deep defensive class. I think Cunningham could slide simply due to the sheer depth..in any other recent year he'd likely go at the end of the first or beginning of the 2nd.

You have more of a point with feeny but feeny is on paper a late 2nd round pick so it's not impossible. Yanda was considered a late first to mid second round pick in 2007 and he fell well into the 3rd.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can say unabashedly that I hope your first scenario plays out.

The 2nd one doesn't appeal to me.

Green Bay straight robs us by simply offering their 2. Their 2 plus a 4th rounder would be closer.

Secondly, Feeney and Derek Rivers are way undervalued in your mock.

I'd like to hear where your mock goes if your first scenario were to play out.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Edgar said:

I can say unabashedly that I hope your first scenario plays out.

The 2nd one doesn't appeal to me.

Green Bay straight robs us by simply offering their 2. Their 2 plus a 4th rounder would be closer.

Secondly, Feeney and Derek Rivers are way undervalued in your mock.

I'd like to hear where your mock goes if your first scenario were to play out.

 

If the first scenario plays out then I'd be tempted to trade back take zay jones and pick up an extra early 4th rounder. 

TBH i think ozzie and co trade the first round pick. this FO loves quantity a bit more than quality ( in the hope that the quantity ends up being better than expected).

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Edgar said:

I can say unabashedly that I hope your first scenario plays out.

The 2nd one doesn't appeal to me.

Green Bay straight robs us by simply offering their 2. Their 2 plus a 4th rounder would be closer.

Secondly, Feeney and Derek Rivers are way undervalued in your mock.

I'd like to hear where your mock goes if your first scenario were to play out.

 

Derek Rivers is normaly a late 3rd- early 4th round pick but in this draft with so many edge rushers i think he falls. I like t.henderson more than rivers tbh but i dont think he fits where we are picking and what we need. if we had a few more 4th rounders that could change though.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think Rivers is falling to the 5th round .I see him going  atleast in the third round with the some possiblity of him being a late second round pick. I think the same can be said about  Antonio Garcia.

Edited by jazz1988
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jazz1988 said:

I don't think Rivers is falling to the 5th round .I see him going  atleast in the third round with the some possiblity of him being a later second round pick. I think the same can be said about  Antonio Garcia.

 
 

with further reflection yeah..i think he would be 3rd

 

I'll change the pick to

 

Joe Mathis

 

Also changed garcia to Justin Senior. that one hurts. I have hope that garcia could be there in the 4th.

Edited by Sami84
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sami84 said:

with further reflection yeah..i think he would be 3rd

 

I'll change the pick to

 

Joe Mathis

 

Also changed garcia to Justin Senior. that one hurts. I have hope that garcia could be there in the 4th.

I don't think Garcia fits what this offense is trying to accomplish on the oline anyway - he'll never be big enough or powerful enough no matter how good his technique is - he has the mirroring ability of guys who will go a lot earlier but will struggle to maintain even 300lbs in the NFL

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't wait until we draft one of the above guys and then you pretend like you hated them all along in our last week here.

6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

I can't wait until we draft one of the above guys and then you pretend like you hated them all along in our last week here.

I got a good chuckle out of this one...

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, rmw10 said:

I can't wait until we draft one of the above guys and then you pretend like you hated them all along in our last week here.

never done that before and I'm tired of people suggesting otherwise.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, January J said:

Mehh... Barnett was a good pick.

Yeah, he'd be my ideal pick. He's so polished.. flawless technique.violent hands and times the snap to absolute perfection and plays the run well.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sami84 said:

Yeah, he'd be my ideal pick. He's so polished.. flawless technique.violent hands and times the snap to absolute perfection and plays the run well.

Yeah at this point he's at the top of the list as far as who I hope we get- ...that's actually reasonable anyway. With Davis and Williams equally being next. Then its Foster and Reddick followed by Tak McKinley. Not sure how to feel about Dalvin Cook but with his issues I'm pretty sure he's not on our board anyway.

Edited by January J
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel it's kinda hypocritical for you to say that he edge rush class is so deep that guys like Derek rivers gets pushed to the fifth but then you have us take Jordan Willis in the first. Makes no sense tbh. You're saying a highly talented guy falls absurdly deep and a less talented guy goes way earlier than he should

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sami84 said:

never done that before and I'm tired of people suggesting otherwise.

Jalen Ramsey disagrees.

And you actually rarely engage in draft talk. You wait until the year after. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BmoreBird22 said:

Jalen Ramsey disagrees.

And you actually rarely engage in draft talk. You wait until the year after. 

 

I actually can flat out tell you that i didnt want ramsey and preffered stanley over him. I said ramsey was overrated and I can say right now i've been proven wrong.

I said this after i watched more tape. of course everyone here takes selective stuff and twists the facts. I can at least be honest about things.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

I feel it's kinda hypocritical for you to say that he edge rush class is so deep that guys like Derek rivers gets pushed to the fifth but then you have us take Jordan Willis in the first. Makes no sense tbh. You're saying a highly talented guy falls absurdly deep and a less talented guy goes way earlier than he should

 

jordan willis is pretty awesome to me..

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2017 at 3:07 PM, JoeyFlex5 said:

You're really pushing Willis eh? 

I'd be shocked and appalled if feeney fell to the third and have no reason to believe Cunningham falls that far either

Agree on both accounts.  If Cunningham doesn't go in. The first I'll be shocked.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sami84 said:

I actually can flat out tell you that i didnt want ramsey and preffered stanley over him. I said ramsey was overrated and I can say right now i've been proven wrong.

I said this after i watched more tape. of course everyone here takes selective stuff and twists the facts. I can at least be honest about things.

I wouldn't say there's anything wrong with liking Stanley over correa. It's much harder to find a stonewall LT than to find a quality press corner

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now