Jonah DeVito

Who would you be most upset with at the 16th pick?

195 posts in this topic

Someone who I think other people would be upset with but I wouldn't is Malik McDowell. I'd much rather have him as a trade down target but dudes a freak. I don't think he'll be very productive day one and people might call him a bust but with our coaching staff and locker room I think year 2/3 he will be a pro bowler. 

He he has a lot of boom bust potential I'll admit and he's not my favorite choice I just wouldn't hate it. 

Edited by Boddiebroadus
Needed more

37 minutes ago, Boddiebroadus said:

Someone who I think other people would be upset with but I wouldn't is Malik McDowell. I'd much rather have him as a trade down target but dudes a freak. I don't think he'll be very productive day one and people might call him a bust but with our coaching staff and locker room I think year 2/3 he will be a pro bowler. 

He he has a lot of boom bust potential I'll admit and he's not my favorite choice I just wouldn't hate it. 

I think his talent level is up there with Garrett and Adams. If he was a grade A character he very well could be first overall

I've been giving it more thought since I've recently read reports about us having interest in Cam Robinson and....

Yeah Cam Robinson would still be terrible. Probably the worst pick we could make. And I have this gut feeling we take him. Say what you want about the Correa pick last year, I think given the success that Zach Orr had last year that Correa could hack it at ILB at a pretty decent level like Orr did. 

So Ozzie. You don't take Larmey Tunsil, clearly a superior physical talent and has a higher ceiling than Stanley because of drug concerns(a move I actually agree with. I don't need my players being the next Randy Gregory/Josh Gordon), but Robinson has drug concerns and there are reports out that we really like him? Freaking hypocrite. Tunsil had upside. Robinson does at guard, but he has a low floor. I swear to god when he takes him... 

But yeah. I'd like to add a name to the list: Christian McCaffery. Not that I hate him as a prospect, in fact, I like him a lot, but we have far more pressing needs. I know he's rumored to go in the top ten(and when the Panthers take him I will LOL), but I highly doubt he does and think he will be avaliable then. I'd be upset, but live with the solace that I think he's gonna be a good player.

So let me ask this then

Who would you be upset with in the second round?

Me: Any RB really. Any dlinemen since I'm not impressed by most of them. I think that Kevin King and Jalen Tabor are overrated. 

Yeah. 

@-Truth-

Cam Robinson has overtaken James Harden on my personal hate scale. 

2 hours ago, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

I've been giving it more thought since I've recently read reports about us having interest in Cam Robinson and....

Yeah Cam Robinson would still be terrible. Probably the worst pick we could make. And I have this gut feeling we take him. Say what you want about the Correa pick last year, I think given the success that Zach Orr had last year that Correa could hack it at ILB at a pretty decent level like Orr did. 

So Ozzie. You don't take Larmey Tunsil, clearly a superior physical talent and has a higher ceiling than Stanley because of drug concerns(a move I actually agree with. I don't need my players being the next Randy Gregory/Josh Gordon), but Robinson has drug concerns and there are reports out that we really like him? Freaking hypocrite. Tunsil had upside. Robinson does at guard, but he has a low floor. I swear to god when he takes him... 

But yeah. I'd like to add a name to the list: Christian McCaffery. Not that I hate him as a prospect, in fact, I like him a lot, but we have far more pressing needs. I know he's rumored to go in the top ten(and when the Panthers take him I will LOL), but I highly doubt he does and think he will be avaliable then. I'd be upset, but live with the solace that I think he's gonna be a good player.

So let me ask this then

Me: Any RB really. Any dlinemen since I'm not impressed by most of them. I think that Kevin King and Jalen Tabor are overrated. 

Yeah. 

@-Truth-

I dont thin Cams issues are nearly as bad as Tunsils. His charges were dropped and he never had any other issues. I really cant compare Cams situation to tunsil. Tunsil is a much better prospect yes. However Cam is a mammoth of an athlete. We said we want to get bigger on the Oline and Cam would do that the minute he walked into the building. I understand the dislike for Cam, not the hate

4 hours ago, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

So let me ask this then

Yeah. 

@-Truth-

I'm not even a Rockets fan but you can't hate on Harden bro, the dude is a beast. 

4 hours ago, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

So let me ask this then

Yeah. 

@-Truth-

The proof is ultimately in the play. I can understand not wanting Cam at sixteen but if midway through the season, we are moving and scoring the football, if Joe has ample time to make reads and if it appears we have two stalwart bookends for the next five years, all will be well.

Sometimes the context of a full draft, rounds 1-6 can soften a disappointing first round selection. And a little distance can and add perspective.

I would be disappointed if we took Cam Robinson but I don't think we will. FWIW, it's not because I think Cam is or will be a bad player; rather, it's because we took a LT high last year and he's certainly not even close to being my favorite OL in the first. I'd rather take Lamp way before Robinson. 

5 hours ago, GrimCoconut said:

I would be disappointed if we took Cam Robinson but I don't think we will. FWIW, it's not because I think Cam is or will be a bad player; rather, it's because we took a LT high last year and he's certainly not even close to being my favorite OL in the first. I'd rather take Lamp way before Robinson. 

The only issue is that most have Robinson pegged as a guard prospect, so if our FO sees Robinson as a guard, they may be more inclined to take him than if he were projected to remain at LT.

11 hours ago, GrimCoconut said:

Lamp is so Freakin overrated it is mind boggling!! He could be a good pro but nothing remotely justifying NO.16 overall. The Zack Martin comparisons are delusional. He gets very little movement if any against quality opponents. Loses control of blocks in short order. He is not Yanda, Martin. I bought into his hype for a while. His Bama tape is ok nothing special that shouts round one pro bowl skill set

Edited by PurpleHorseman

On 4/20/2017 at 11:24 PM, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

Prove it.

This wasnt memory... i went through your post history.

You literally did NOT type the word Perriman anywhere on this website prior to the draft. Not once.... unless it was hidden somewhere in a non-draft related thread.

Everything i said was fact. And if youre going to call me a liar or spreading "half truths"..... prove it. Your post history is cataloged. 

And before i get the obvious -- wow, you must really care, digging so deep into my post history.... It took 5 minutes, tops. And, if you were so adamant about not taking Perriman before the draft it should take you less than that to find the posts and prove it.

I wrote in a reply in the 2015 thread where someone had perriman as our first round pick that NO i didnt want him. I have thousands of posts, I't would take me hours to find that one post but i recall it as it's the first thing i thought of as it pertanis to my predictions and perriman being a guy i didnt want.

I'll make a bet that one of Jordan Willis or Tyus Bowser will be ravens on the 1st or second day.

Add me on the Cam Robinson hate if he becomes our pick. If we take a OL, take Lamp and get our franchise center for the next 10-15 year's. Whether we take Lamp at 16 or trade down and still land him, regardless I hope it's Lamp. 

With The Sun saying we want to build a line similar to Dallas, I do think OL will be the pick Thursday night. Just hope someone takes him before us or a team like the Broncos, or Giants jump us to ensure Robinson is not there at 16.

Im actually starting to think that the interest and reported intrigue with Cam Robinson is a smoke screen.

I find it odd that if we were serious about taking a RT in the 1st, why would Cam be the only one we've shown interest in? No Ramczyk, Bolles, or Lamp for that matter?? 

Yet at WR we met privately with all 3 top guys. At pass rusher we've privately met with or worked out Reddick, Tim Williams, Taco, Takk, etc..

But not OL. Thinking that could be Ozzie recognizing that Denver or NYG could covet Cam and recognizes they're maybe his best or only possibility to trade back. So, to keep that door open he's feigning serious interest.

Of course it could be that he knows they could move up but like Bolles or Ram better, so theyre doing the homework on Cam as a potential pick if they do that trade back.

Hate this time of the year. These last cpl days are maddening.

11 minutes ago, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

Im actually starting to think that the interest and reported intrigue with Cam Robinson is a smoke screen.

I find it odd that if we were serious about taking a RT in the 1st, why would Cam be the only one we've shown interest in? No Ramczyk, Bolles, or Lamp for that matter?? 

Yet at WR we met privately with all 3 top guys. At pass rusher we've privately met with or worked out Reddick, Tim Williams, Taco, Takk, etc..

But not OL. Thinking that could be Ozzie recognizing that Denver or NYG could covet Cam and recognizes they're maybe his best or only possibility to trade back. So, to keep that door open he's feigning serious interest.

Of course it could be that he knows they could move up but like Bolles or Ram better, so theyre doing the homework on Cam as a potential pick if they do that trade back.

Hate this time of the year. These last cpl days are maddening.

yeah..these next 3 days are going to go by so slow. I feel like sleeping through it..