9. Cincinnati Bengals: Reuben Foster

10. Buffalo Bills: O.J. Howard

11: New Orleans Saints: Taco Charlton

12. Cleveland Browns: Mitchell Trubisky

13. Arizona Cardinals: Mike Williams

14. Philadelphia Eagles: Marlon Humphrey

15.Indianapolis Colts: Derek Barnett

16. Baltimore Ravens: Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan

Ozzie & Company give a long awaited jolt to the offense and also know they picked the BPA available. Davis is their highest rated WR and night one of the draft comes to a close with the Ravens brass feeling ecstatic about the pick. I think we got just a sliver of useful information out of the Draft Presser when Eric praised Mike Williams and John Ross immediately, while sneakily slipping in Corey Davis' name at the end. Davis is the the total package and in my opinion the best WR in the draft but his small school label combined with Mike Williams' stature is a recipe for for the Williams to come off the board first. 3 WR sets with Davis and Perriman on the outside with Mike Wallace in the slot could really be electric.

Round 2:

Baltimore Ravens: Carl Lawson, OLB, Auburn

Round 3:

Baltimore Ravens: Sidney Jones, CB, Washington

Baltimore Ravens: Ethan Pocic, C, LSU

Edited by sflegend89

I'd love for this to happen BUT how confident are people that Sidney Jones will fall so far? If there's a possibility that he still plays this season then will he really make it to the 3rd round? I can see a team taking him much sooner.

It would be fantastic if things panned out this way, but as mc_red alluded to Sidney might not last until the third. Davis could be gone as well...
Anyways, needs are perfectly filled with tremendous talent and potential!

Sidney Jones will likely still be a bottom 10 pick in the first round to the top 10 picks of the second round.

19 minutes ago, trevorsteadman said:

Sidney Jones will likely still be a bottom 10 pick in the first round to the top 10 picks of the second round.

I would be very surprised if Sidney Jones goes before the third round. With so many healthy quality db's available in this draft he could easily fall.

This would be an excellent draft but I'm going with the sentiment that jones doesn't fall that far. In terms of value pre-injury I don't think jones would be considered far behind Myles jack and jaylon smith, and with far scarier injuries they went top of the second. Jones should be back to playing in year 2 as if nothing ever happened, those guys may not see their second contracts. I highly doubt he falls like that, he may even go before our 2nd pick

Also a consideration for jones. Some team may wanna be certain they get 4 years of play out of him before he tests he market, thus making some team take him in the late first. Waiting another round only guarantees 3 years out of his rookie deal and that's of course barring another injury. 

I think everyone will love this draft.  Hits on everything we need and adds some players most of us like.  Davis and Williams are basically the only two offensive players id want with the first pick.  If Jones was gone, who would be a substitute you would add in, I don't think he falls that far but definitely possible. 

2 minutes ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

Also a consideration for jones. Some team may wanna be certain they get 4 years of play out of him before he tests he market, thus making some team take him in the late first. Waiting another round only guarantees 3 years out of his rookie deal and that's of course barring another injury. 

Your point about the years of service under a rookie contract is a good one. Rookie contracts are so valuable even though the fifth year option for a first round pick in not always a bargain. Are you saying Sidney Jones would be a top ten pick if he were healthy?

19 minutes ago, Somerset Ravens said:

Your point about the years of service under a rookie contract is a good one. Rookie contracts are so valuable even though the fifth year option for a first round pick in not always a bargain. Are you saying Sidney Jones would be a top ten pick if he were healthy?

He would be a top ten pick if not for marshon lattimore I think. But pre injury I think Cleveland would take him at 12

5 hours ago, mc_red23 said:

I'd love for this to happen BUT how confident are people that Sidney Jones will fall so far? If there's a possibility that he still plays this season then will he really make it to the 3rd round? I can see a team taking him much sooner.

Colvin fell to the fourth with an ACL tear that was a month or two earlier, so possible. 

32 minutes ago, Somerset Ravens said:

I would be very surprised if Sidney Jones goes before the third round. With so many healthy quality db's available in this draft he could easily fall.

He is a top 15 pick and with how it stands now he will likely be back before the end of the season. He will miss 6-8 games but he is a top 15 talent. Definitely top 3 at the position I would say only #2 to Lattimore. 

I can easily say a team that does not need a cornerback right away like the Chiefs or Seahawks can take him. They have the players to survive until he returns and would benefit greatly. I don't think he falls past 45. Especially when on the field he is a whole tier or two ahead of the round 2 cornerbacks. 

Would really like this haul....

My only complaint would be Pocic. If we're taking an OL with our 1st 4 picks, which i hope we do, Pocic would be toward the absolute bottom of the list for guys id want. If we're looking for guys that can move the big guys across from them, Pocic isnt it. Hes more of a athlete/technician that will do well in a stretch zone based run game. But i see him struggling with skinny zone, gap and/or power based plays. 

If the FO likes him, then i wont disagree bc i do think he will turn out to be a good player.... just not a fit for what the coaching staff has said they want from the OL. He's a big dude, but i envision big, low center of gravity, grounded big men... not really tall and thin.

And as much as i love all 3 of the prospects.... taking Davis, then Lawson and Sidney Jones -- thats 2 currently injured and coming off surgeries, and another who missed 1 1/2 years out of the last 3 to injuries. I cant say other than Lawson that either of the other 2 are "injury prone" but my gosh with our recent history of injuries; using all 3 of our 1st picks on guys that have "injury" attached to them scares me.

Grabbing a plus player who's fallen some bc of a current injury or injury concerns is great.... but basing your entire early draft on it is a risky proposition. If Davis was healthy and ran a 4.4-4.5 40 i dont think he'd make it to us. If Lawson had been healthier hes easily a 1st round talent, and prob right in with Barnett/Reddick/Takk/Taco/Harris in some order... maybe a Top 10-15 guy. And likewise with Sidney Jones. Prob Top 10-20 talent if healthy.

There's a reason that its feasible that you could walk away with all 3.

29 minutes ago, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

Would really like this haul....

My only complaint would be Pocic. If we're taking an OL with our 1st 4 picks, which i hope we do, Pocic would be toward the absolute bottom of the list for guys id want. If we're looking for guys that can move the big guys across from them, Pocic isnt it. Hes more of a athlete/technician that will do well in a stretch zone based run game. But i see him struggling with skinny zone, gap and/or power based plays. 

If the FO likes him, then i wont disagree bc i do think he will turn out to be a good player.... just not a fit for what the coaching staff has said they want from the OL. He's a big dude, but i envision big, low center of gravity, grounded big men... not really tall and thin.

And as much as i love all 3 of the prospects.... taking Davis, then Lawson and Sidney Jones -- thats 2 currently injured and coming off surgeries, and another who missed 1 1/2 years out of the last 3 to injuries. I cant say other than Lawson that either of the other 2 are "injury prone" but my gosh with our recent history of injuries; using all 3 of our 1st picks on guys that have "injury" attached to them scares me.

Grabbing a plus player who's fallen some bc of a current injury or injury concerns is great.... but basing your entire early draft on it is a risky proposition. If Davis was healthy and ran a 4.4-4.5 40 i dont think he'd make it to us. If Lawson had been healthier hes easily a 1st round talent, and prob right in with Barnett/Reddick/Takk/Taco/Harris in some order... maybe a Top 10-15 guy. And likewise with Sidney Jones. Prob Top 10-20 talent if healthy.

There's a reason that its feasible that you could walk away with all 3.

But at the same time cj Mosley was considered a huge injury risk and has been pretty much healthy for 3 seasons now, meanwhile perriman never had an injury and we all know the story there. 

As much as I love tj watt, his injuries scare me far more than a torn acl or Achilles. Those can be recovered from with no lingering effects, but nagging consistent soft tissue injuries year after year are the real issue. That is what I consider injury prone, guys who's bodies just don't show they are tough enough and are always falling victim to some minor little thing that just occurs without any kind of event. I think Lawson and Davis and jones are more victims of a circumstance rather than injury prone

2 minutes ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

But at the same time cj Mosley was considered a huge injury risk and has been pretty much healthy for 3 seasons now, meanwhile perriman never had an injury and we all know the story there. 

As much as I love tj watt, his injuries scare me far more than a torn acl or Achilles. Those can be recovered from with no lingering effects, but nagging consistent soft tissue injuries year after year are the real issue. That is what I consider injury prone, guys who's bodies just don't show they are tough enough and are always falling victim to some minor little thing that just occurs without any kind of event. I think Lawson and Davis and jones are more victims of a circumstance rather than injury prone

Well said

7 hours ago, mc_red23 said:

I agree, I still think he's going in the second. He was in the conversation for the best CB in the entire draft, some team that can afford to red shirt him will take him and get a steal in the second. I doubt we're that team.

8 hours ago, sflegend89 said:

16. Baltimore Ravens: Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan

Round 2:

Baltimore Ravens: Carl Lawson, OLB, Auburn

Round 3:

Baltimore Ravens: Sidney Jones, CB, Washington

Baltimore Ravens: Ethan Pocic, C, LSU

The one and only thing i could pick out is that we do not address are big whole at right tackle. But i could see you doing it in a full mock draft in the 4th round i guess

1 hour ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

Yea but those are 2 isolated incidents... hardly a rule. That'd be like arguing for trading all our picks back to accumulate 6th and 7th round picks bc.... well Antonio Brown and Tom Brady.

If it were the case that most guys who have gotten ankle surgery or torn their Achilles right before the draft come back 100% no problem.... then ok. Or that most guys who have shown injury concerns consistently in college overcome them to never be a problem in the pros, then ok.

Like i said, taking a chance on 1 guy who you can get for great value bc of an injury concern can be great business. Taking 3 and basing the entire top half of your draft on it might be tempting fate and playing with fire. When you compile that many, youre increasing the risk of at least one of them continuing to have those issues.

I guess you could argue that if even 1 of them pans out and lives up to their 1st round talent that itd be worth it. But with a team whose successes/failures will be tied heavily to the impact of this draft; things will burn if we draft another WR Round 1 and he cant play his rookie year. Or if we draft another highly talented pass rusher to be the next Suggs and he never plays much bc of injury like Kindle. 

I love this mock. This would definitely be a dream scenario for me but there was one thing I noticed in carl Lawson's highlight video. His teammate Montravius Adams looked like a beast. I know that the video was meant to show off Lawson but I couldn't help myself to keep watching Adams. At 1:45 in the video, the dude drew a triple teams. Now this is also the first I've seen of him so I know nothing of him. He could be terrible for all I know. But I looked up his projections and it has him going anywhere from the 1st to the 3rd and if we took him in the 3rd, it wouldn't bother me a bit. But like I said, I could be way off b/c this is the first I've seen of him. Curious of what the rest of you think

14 hours ago, mc_red23 said:

Jones could certainly go sooner if teams are optomistic about his return. Hard to predict, I've seen him go anywhere from the 2nd to late 3rd in mocks. Perhaps him lasting to our 3rd is on the optomistic side. Just also consider this class is stacked at CB so teams might opt for guys like King, Wilson, Tabor, Morneau, Auwuzie before taking Jones which could cause him to slide. His position is abnormally stacked with talent this year.