31 posts in this topic

Let's discuss the NHL playoffs.

Tonight the Nashville Predators take on the Chicago Blackhawks and the Calgary Flames face the Anaheim Ducks.

But the active game pits the Washington Capitals against the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Earlier today the Nationals, Wizards, Redskins, Mystics, and Orioles wished the Capitals good luck in the playoffs.

Good luck to the Capitals

Currently the score is 2-0 with 7 minutes to go in the 1st period.

Let's go Caps.

Shaky start, but thankfully they did enough to pull out the win. Hopefully it was just first game nerves. Leafs are a really good young club. 

LET's GO CAPS! 

I love the NHL playoffs, every year its impossible to pick the winners of each game. Unlike the NBA where everything is automatic and boring. Hoping the bruins go up against the pens or caps int he ECF, and blackhawks against oilers in the WCF.

Caps are being both out played and out coached right now and it ain't pretty. They've played well in spurts but the Leafs are winning face offs and the one on one battles consistently. Hopefully Trotz finds the answer to the dilemma today. 

7 hours ago, T3hRaven said:

Same thing, different year.  Man it sucks being a Caps fan.

I really thought things would be different this time. I actually believed it was their year.

2 minutes ago, darklight1216 said:

I really thought things would be different this time. I actually believed it was their year.

Yeah, it seemed that way and could still be the case. The problem for me has been that as good a coach as Trotz is, his teams have consistently bombed in the playoffs. Kinda the last thing this team needed. 

Caps have talent, they need a coach better than trotz though who isn't expecting long series. Need a ruthless coach or someone with ideas like peter laviolette, quinvelle, julien (to a slight extent) or a number of other coaches. They get it done regular season but not when it counts. Still think they finish the leafs in 6 though, but the pens will be waiting.

The Capitals and Leafs are tied at 3 going into the third. 

Braden Holtby made a spectacular save near the blue line to combat a Leaf's breakaway.

Washington squandered a 2 minute 5-3 penalty..

Karl Alzner misses his first game since 2010

Why did I ever get my hopes up?

I should start watching more regular season games so I can watch my team dominate.

The Caps kept hope alive by beating the Maple Leafs 5-4. The series is now tied at 2 and returns to Washington Friday night.

Tonight the Canadiens and Rangers will break their own 2-2 tie.

The Blue Jackets will try to continue to prolong the inevitable against Pittsburgh (who leads 3-1 in the series).

Nashville will go for the sweep against Chicago.

And the Sharks and Oilers will also break a 2-2 tie.

I hope my Caps can wrap up the series against the Leafs tonight. I am worried about the Pens getting too much rest while the Caps are wearing themselves out with all these OT games. Go Caps!!!!!!!!!!

22 minutes ago, cobrajet said:

I hope my Caps can wrap up the series against the Leafs tonight. I am worried about the Pens getting too much rest while the Caps are wearing themselves out with all these OT games. Go Caps!!!!!!!!!!

We've got all the wrong teams to be able to manage stress!  lol  Caps didn't look very good last night and won that game through sheer effort and Holtbeast's all world goalkeeping. I think they win the series against the Leafs and THE nemesis awaits them in the second round. They will need to play much better to beat the pens. They have the talent and just need to somehow relax and execute their game. 

Don't cozy up to the tube tonight as game six in Toronto is tomorrow.  haha

C  A  P  S    CAPS! CAPS! CAPS!

Edited by Tank 92

9 minutes ago, Tank 92 said:

We've got all the wrong teams to be able to manage stress!  lol  Caps didn't look very good last night and won that game through sheer effort and Holtbeast's all world goalkeeping. I think they win the series against the Leafs and THE nemesis awaits them in the second round. They will need to play much better to beat the pens. They have the talent and just need to somehow relax and execute their game. 

Don't cozy up to the tube tonight as game six in Toronto is tomorrow.  haha

C  A  P  S    CAPS! CAPS! CAPS!

Yeah, you are right they did say Sunday. I don't want to overlook the Leafs, but I hate that the Pens are peaking at playoff time AGAIN! I think I am going to be physically ill if the Pens end up beating the Caps again. I hate that team. It killed me last year to see them win the cup and if they do it again, I am going to puke!!!

Edited by cobrajet

8 minutes ago, cobrajet said:

Yeah, you are right they did say Sunday. I don't want to overlook the Leafs, but I hate that the Pens are peaking at playoff time AGAIN! I think I am going to be physically ill if the Pens end up beating the Caps again. I hate that team. It killed me last year to see them win the cup and if they do it again, I am going to puke!!!

DB52F99E-2376-432D-859D-41A9702AC7B2-396-000000B5A0385590.png.a9cd902681f521c90ca2f978c5486352.png

Just now, Tank 92 said:

DB52F99E-2376-432D-859D-41A9702AC7B2-396-000000B5A0385590.png.a9cd902681f521c90ca2f978c5486352.png

If I could only find that on the front of a sweatshirt to wear on Christmas day to my brother-in-laws house when my wife drags me up to Pittsburgh for the holidays. I usually wear my Ovie jersey, which drives him crazy, but how cool would it be to wear that! My wife dragged me to a Pens game a few years ago. They were playing the Carolina Hurricanes and I shouted the "OOOOHHHH" during the National Anthem while wearing my Caps jersey and everyone in the place looked at me like I was a madman.

2 minutes ago, cobrajet said:

If I could only find that on the front of a sweatshirt to wear on Christmas day to my brother-in-laws house when my wife drags me up to Pittsburgh for the holidays. I usually wear my Ovie jersey, which drives him crazy, but how cool would it be to wear that! My wife dragged me to a Pens game a few years ago. They were playing the Carolina Hurricanes and I shouted the "OOOOHHHH" during the National Anthem while wearing my Caps jersey and everyone in the place looked at me like I was a madman.

https://shop.spreadshirt.com/russianmachineneverbreaks/11649302?q=I11649302

3 minutes ago, cobrajet said:

I love it!!!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! This will be the best $18 I ever spent in my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My pleasure!  LETS GO CAPS!

11 hours ago, Pats said:

I have a feeling pens are gonna repeat sadly

I pray you are wrong brother. I hope the Caps can win the cup but anyone but the Pens!

37 minutes ago, cobrajet said:

I pray you are wrong brother. I hope the Caps can win the cup but anyone but the Pens!

Washington really need to reverse their recent luck against pens, hell their all time luck against them. This is the year they have to get the monkey off the back for themselves and the sake of the league.

24 minutes ago, Pats said:

Washington really need to reverse their recent luck against pens, hell their all time luck against them. This is the year they have to get the monkey off the back for themselves and the sake of the league.

I agree. They have let me down so many times in the past, it really is hard to have any confidence. I hope they beat the Leafs tonight and then get it done against the Pens this year

Caps through. They got a taste of some real young talent and speed with toronto. Hopefully it prepares them for the pens.

Thank God!! These OT games are brutal when you have to get up super early. At least they won so I can get to sleep happy.

2 minutes ago, Pats said:

Caps through. They got a taste of some real young talent and speed with toronto. Hopefully it prepares them for the pens.

Good point brother!

If I am not mistaken I think 5 of the 6 games went into OT. I hope it did not wear them out since the Pens won in 5 and I think only one was OT. I guess it is my Caps vs. my wife's Pens. I hope the Caps can finally get it done. I am so tired of hearing how my team always chokes from my brother in laws. They are right, but I am still tired of hearing it.