Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
redrum52

Looking for a new printer

10 posts in this topic

Anyone with some advice on a good all in one printer?  Also hoping it has OCR software.  Thanks for your help.

I have had wonderful success with Epson printers.  Currently have 2.  1 is an all-in-one.  Very easy to install.  Last forever.  Hate HP home printers.  

1 minute ago, Moderator 3 said:

I have had wonderful success with Epson printers.  Currently have 2.  1 is an all-in-one.  Very easy to install.  Last forever.  Hate HP home printers.  

Which one?  Was looking at the epson workforce pro wf-4630.  And what's your problem with the HP home printers?  Also, how are they on ink?  Thanks, by way.

The all-in-one is a WF-2650.  I've had it a couple of years and it is pretty good on ink.  I do all my wireless printing on that since it does automatic double-sided.  The other one is an XP-420 that I use to print checks.  Very small footprint and you can load the checks right side up. I've had it for years.  Just keeps chugging along.

HP home printers are subject to stupid failures.  My last one had the black ink failure issue that couldn't be corrected.  The ink is more expensive for HP, too, and they seem to use more. 

@redrum52 

I'll be honest, I thought the thread said "Looking for a new Partner", and I was like "Bruh. Wrong site for that. Jeez

I hate hp home printers as well. Never, ever have had a positive experience with them. I was spoiled growing up as my old man had access to the top of the line printing stuff because of his firm. Nowadays I'm stuck with an HP, but am looking to buy a new one as well. 

Are you using it for photos?  If so, as mentioned above, I'd recommend Epson every single time.  Also as mentioned, I would never purchase an HP again.

7 hours ago, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

@redrum52 

I'll be honest, I thought the thread said "Looking for a new Partner", and I was like "Bruh. Wrong site for that. Jeez

I hate hp home printers as well. Never, ever have had a positive experience with them. I was spoiled growing up as my old man had access to the top of the line printing stuff because of his firm. Nowadays I'm stuck with an HP, but am looking to buy a new one as well. 

I thought it said pitcher and was going to be about the Orioles needing another pitcher

Our hp printer wasn't much good either

11 hours ago, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

@redrum52 

When I made the thread I went and checked back, noticing it had a few views.  I think some people thought the title was a trick.  Thanks, though.  I had bought an HP printer, but never opened it because I wanted some input first.  Returning the trash today.

Leave me out your roast kind sir.

7 hours ago, rmw10 said:

Are you using it for photos?  If so, as mentioned above, I'd recommend Epson every single time.  Also as mentioned, I would never purchase an HP again.

Mostly papers, reports, scanning and faxing.  Photos will be one of my last uses, but it's crazy how many people have had bad experiences with HP.  You all have a been a great help.

56 minutes ago, redrum52 said:

When I made the thread I went and checked back, noticing it had a few views.  I think some people thought the title was a trick.  Thanks, though.  I had bought an HP printer, but never opened it because I wanted some input first.  Returning the trash today.

Leave me out your roast kind sir.

I may disagree with you on a lot but I don't hate you. You're a guy I generally respect. So you're safe