BOLDnPurPnBlacK

Bold's Mock (4/12)

75 posts in this topic

1. Cleveland Browns - Mitch Trubisky, QB

• The draft opens with a surprise and the former Mr. Ohio goes back home to jump start the Browns franchise. With 5 teams before they pick at 12 who could potentially select a QB, they decide not to risk losing their man and pick him 1st overall. The fact that they went OL so heavily in FA gives me a sneaky suspicion that they love a QB in this draft.

2. San Fran 49ers - Myles Garret, DE/OLB

• They don't view any of the QBs as being the franchise guy in Shanahan's offense, so they decide to take the best available and suffer through a building year while waiting for Cousins.

3. Chicago Bears - Jonathan Allen, DT/DE

4. Jacksonville Jaguars - Jamal Adams, S

5. Tennessee Titans (via LA)- Marshon Lattimore, CB

6. New York Jets - Deshaun Watson, QB

• Hackenberg is not the answer, and with their top rated QB still on the board they pounce. Watson has the star power the move the needle in the NY market, and plays his best under the brightest lights.

7. LA Chargers - Malik Hooker, FS

8. Carolina Panthers - Solomon Thomas, DE

9. Cincinnati Bengals - Reuben Foster, LB

10. Buffalo Bills - OJ Howard, TE

• They're reportedly in love with this guy. Makes sense.

11. New Orleans Saints - Haason Reddick, LB

• Needing defensive playmakers everywhere, they take Reddick who can do so much for them. Chase ball carriers, blitz, cover TE's and RB's, and really get after the QB on passing downs. 

12. Cleveland Browns (via PHI) - Leonard Fournette, RB

• And with their top 2 picks, Cleveland lays the foundation for what they think can be a championship caliber offense. Fournette takes pressure of their new QB early on, and behind this OL is the early favorite for ROY.

13. Arizona Cardinals - Deshon Kizer, QB

• The traditional pocket passer in the mold Arians likes. Big, strong, tough and can sling it. With a championship window still open and the fear of Palmer's retirement/injury history they grab Kizer who can develop for a year or 2 and take over to extend their window some... or step in to steady the ship in the event Palmer goes down.

14. Philadelphia Eagles (via MIN) - John Ross, WR

• CB is a glaring need, and RB is too - but WR is only patchworked by a couple of 1 year deals. Both Doug Pederson and Howie Roseman grew up in the school of Andy Reid who covets speed on the edge of his offense. Ross provides the playmaking ability and speed they need, and gives Wentz a young weapon to grow with.

15. Indianapolis Colts - Derek Barnett, DE

• Ugh, hurt me to do this. Almost got my guy to us.

16. Baltimore Ravens - Mike Williams, WR

• And Joe gets his big weapon. He and Perriman could become a scary WR combo.

17. Washington Redskins - Forrest Lamp, OG

18. Tennessee Titans - Corey Davis, WR

19. Tampa Bay Bucs - Dalvin Cook, RB

20. Denver Broncos - Cam Robinson, OT

21. Detroit Lions - Takkarist McKinley, DE

22. Miami Dolphins - Jabrill Peppers, S/LB

• Defending the middle of the field is their achilles heel. Peppers gives them someone who can contribute agains the run, but most importantly cover a zone over the middle, or match up man-to-man against athletic TE's and RBs.

23. New York Giants - David Njoku, TE

24. Oakland Raiders - Malik McDowell, DE/DT

25. Houston Texans - Patrick Mahomes, QB

26. Seattle Seahawks - Gareon Conley, CB

27. Kansas City Chiefs - Christian McCaffery, RB

• Andy Reid sees Brian Westbrook, but with more talent. McCaffery gives Smith a check down, safety blanket and causes nightmares for DC's across the league trying to figure out how to defend Hill, Maclin, Kelce and McCaffery all at once.

28. Dallas Cowboys - Obi Melifonwu, S

• Well, they once went to a freaky athletic UConn DB to help their secondary before.... with it depleted again they do the same.

29. Green Bay Packers - Zach Cunningham, LB

• This move allows Matthews to stay on the edge and do what he does best. Improves their run defense dramatically. Could go OL or CB here as well.

30. Pittsburgh Steelers - TJ Watt, OLB

31. Atlanta Falcons - Taco Charlton, DE/OLB

32. New Orleans Saints (via NE) - Marlon Humphrey, CB

Round 2 - Tim Williams, OLB

Round 3(a) - Tanoh Kpassagnon, DE

Round 3(b) - Ahkello Witherspoon, CB

Round 4 - Jordan Morgan, OG

Round 5 - Harvey Langi, LB

Round 6 - Treston Decoud, CB/S

(Leaving work, have to grab my fiance' at the train.... will try to add descriptions and info for the later picks)

Edited by BOLDnPurPnBlacK

i really want sashi brown and paul di podesta to work out for the browns because i like the way they have gone about their business trying to restore the browns both in public opinion, not turning the browns into a circus and obviously the analytics side - i have a lot of good will towards those guys but if they take mitchell trubisky at number 1 they had better hope he becomes a franchise qb because otherwise they won't last the year most likely

i do like this draft outcome for them but it would be suicide by media to not take garrett for a qb in an underwhelming class - a qb and fournette could turn around their offense of course

i also dont see fournette making it to them at 12 but heyho

this is a really interesting mock though

I like this draft. Im not a big Kpassagnon fan as others are though.

Im also kimd of reluctant to pick a reciever in the first. Id much rather a pass rusher or offensive lineman. Im a firm believer in winning the trenches. I think recievers are just unnecessary luxuries and could be had later. 

Mike Williams is great and all but theres no versatility to the pick. If we go Cam robinson he could play RT or G and if stanley gets hurt you kick him out there. That seems more valuable especially when you could get zay jones, juju, or stewart later on while there really isnt another cam robinson type player in this draft. 

if this is how the whole ravens draft goes though i'd be ecstatic - id probably prefer someone like jermaine eluemunor to jordan morgan but that's pernickety at this point and im not the biggest fan of harvey langi and while you've turned me onto trestan decoud and the end of the draft is notoriously a crapshoot i feel like he could still go undrafted

either way the first 4 rounds of this draft are exceptional

I would be really shocked if Colts ignored OL with all of them on the board, but seems like a Colts thing to do.  If they went with a OL would you give us Barnett?  Those two are my two favorite options. 

5 minutes ago, usmccharles said:

I would be really shocked if Colts ignored OL with all of them on the board, but seems like a Colts thing to do.  If they went with a OL would you give us Barnett?  Those two are my two favorite options. 

Yea I would've given us Barnett if colts went OL and then prob grabbed Feeney/Dawkins or Juju isn't the 2nd. 

1 hour ago, rossihunter2 said:

i really want sashi brown and paul di podesta to work out for the browns because i like the way they have gone about their business trying to restore the browns both in public opinion, not turning the browns into a circus and obviously the analytics side - i have a lot of good will towards those guys but if they take mitchell trubisky at number 1 they had better hope he becomes a franchise qb because otherwise they won't last the year most likely

i do like this draft outcome for them but it would be suicide by media to not take garrett for a qb in an underwhelming class - a qb and fournette could turn around their offense of course

i also dont see fournette making it to them at 12 but heyho

this is a really interesting mock though

I was going for different/interesting without sacrificing some level of realism. 

Just now, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

Yea I would've given us Barnett if colts went OL and then prob grabbed Feeney/Dawkins or Juju isn't the 2nd. 

why not elflien in the second?

2 minutes ago, ravensnation5220 said:

why not elflien in the second?

I think the FO plans on bringing Mangold in and will then target G/T over C/G. 

Plus ive always viewed Elflein as more of a late 2nd early 3rd pick. I value Feeney, Dawkins and even Dorian Johnson over him and expect all 3 to go somewhere in that early-to-mid-2nd range. 

1 hour ago, ravensnation5220 said:

Im also kimd of reluctant to pick a reciever in the first. Id much rather a pass rusher or offensive lineman. Im a firm believer in winning the trenches. I think recievers are just unnecessary luxuries and could be had later. 

Mike Williams is great and all but theres no versatility to the pick. If we go Cam robinson he could play RT or G and if stanley gets hurt you kick him out there. That seems more valuable especially when you could get zay jones, juju, or stewart later on while there really isnt another cam robinson type player in this draft. 

I love Tanohs upside. I'd be hesitant in the 2nd, but come the 3rd round id love him. He's raw but he's quite a specimen. With our ability to coach up DL I think he could become a dominant pass rushing 5T in our scheme. 

And i too prefer pass rusher in the 1st but with both Barnett and Reddick off the board I didn't have anyone close to BPA there... and while I see OL as a bigger need than WR, I had to take my best available player.

Wouldve liked to grab one before the 4th but I don't like the depth at pass rusher after the 2nd round, and don't expect any plug and play guys to be there in the 3rd - so I couldn't pass up nabbing 2 guys that I see as having 1st round talent at positions of need.

Ended up with Morgan though who I think could be one of the steals of this draft. I think he could step in Day 1 at LG and bring some size/nastiness. 

With him there and Lewis at RT, bring in Mangold and I like that OL a lot. 

Rds 5-6 is a crap shoot in terms of who will actually be there so I went with 2 guys that could go anywhere from round 5-UDFA. 

Langi I know the Ravens like a lot, and so do I. Not a whole lot of film but has everything other than savvy/experience you want in a LB.... and Decoud is my pet pick to become a late round gem. 

49 minutes ago, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

I think the FO plans on bringing Mangold in and will then target G/T over C/G. 

Plus ive always viewed Elflein as more of a late 2nd early 3rd pick. I value Feeney, Dawkins and even Dorian Johnson over him and expect all 3 to go somewhere in that early-to-mid-2nd range. 

I posted a really good breakdown of elflien that may change your mind on him in the oline thread. You should check it out

2 hours ago, ravensnation5220 said:

I think Mike Williams would make ten times the impact on our offense than someone like Cam. I like building in the trenches too, but there's no comparison in terms of impact that Williams will have vs any of the first round o-linemen in the draft. And the gap between Williams and the round two receivers is far greater than the gap between Cam and someone like Elflien in the second round. Hell, Elflien is probably a better lineman than anyone we would get in the first.

"Unnecessary luxuries and could be had later." The team has used that mentality for awhile. It hasn't worked well. Remember the time we lost the Patriots in the playoffs because Torrey didn't fight for that jump ball? Or the time we lost to the Patriots in the playoffs because of a dropped touchdown pass? Or the time a Ravens WR dropped a first down pass on fourth down when he was wide open costing us that playoff game as well (I think that one was against the Steelers)? Inconsistent or at times just straight up bad receiver play has cost the Ravens a lot of games over the years, particularly in the playoffs.

Edited by RaineV1

So to those negging my Mock -- is it bc I did something different than take Garret 1st overall, or bc you don't like the picks I project to the Ravens??

If you don't like the picks... why? Dialogue.... feedback.... that's why we post. 

And if its just bc "well that won't happen -- Myles Garret is def going #1 idiot!!!".... cool I'll take my negs all day bc who wants to read the same exact Mock. .

I'd rather play with some scenarios that haven't been covered a million times.

Plus... the regurgitated "realistic" mocks hardly ever end up realistic anyways.  

Idc about negs... but I did post this for conversation so at least provide the negative feedback along with it, unless you have no opinion and just neg to neg. Thats cool too. 

12 minutes ago, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

So to those negging my Mock -- is it bc I did something different than take Garret 1st overall, or bc you don't like the picks I project to the Ravens??

If you don't like the picks... why? Dialogue.... feedback.... that's why we post. 

And if its just bc "well that won't happen -- Myles Garret is def going #1 idiot!!!".... cool I'll take my negs all day bc who wants to read the same exact Mock. .

Plus... the regurgitated "realistic" mocks hardly ever end up realistic anyways.  

Idc about negs... but I did post this for conversation so at least provide the negative feedback along with it, unless you have no opinion and just neg to neg. Thats cool too. 

I gave it an upvote since I think it would be a decent draft. I do worry a bit about how Kpassagnon fits into a 3-4 defense. He might be better as a normal DE for a 4-3. Though that's really the only pick I'm wary of.

21 minutes ago, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

don't worry about it - no negs from me - i completely get what your'e doing with this mock and it's pretty interesting but i'll give some fuller feedback than i did earlier anyway:

mike williams is a great pick and i'd have zero qualms with it on draft day

tim williams is also a great pick but i find it hard to believe he'll make it to our 2nd pick - if no one gambles in the first round like the steelers, lions, falcons, chiefs or saints - then i really dont think he'll get past the rams in the 2nd round because he fits perfectly into wade phillips defense which they are just beginning to run in LA - so as much as i love the pick i find it hard to come up with scenarios where he's available unless there is some serious issue with character that only the ravens are aware is not a big deal (which i guess is possible given ozzie's bama ties but still seems unlikely)

kpassagnon again is a brilliant value pick and would add a good amount of competition to the 5tech spot - he's developmental which is why the 2nd is too rich for me but I also think, much like with williams before, that other teams towards the end of the 2nd (if he even makes it there) will have a hard time passing up on a guy with such raw ability and potential - but if he makes it he's a no-brainer

ahkello witherspoon might be the darling of a few guys on this board, me included - he could develop into one of the top cover corners out of this draft and if you take away the pressure of not needing to start day 1 then he could maybe have time to develop his tackling technique because he'll have to in order to get activated on gameday by playing special teams - really that's one of his biggest downsides but if in round 3 you can nab a guy with the potential to be elite and sticky in man and zone coverage with the long arms he has then its a steal every day of the week - yet i think this is likely a possible scenario

i said earlier up that i'd prefer jermaine eluemunor to jordan morgan but having thought about it more im not sure i would - i take it back jordan morgan is a good pickup here

however, after all that positivity I have to say that harvey langi feels like a reach for need in the 5th - he's a longterm developmental prospect who lacks the fundamentals or nouse of the position - for me he's a 6th rounder at best but is likely a udfa pick up by some team that likes his athletic ability and is willing to forget about his being played on the edge this season - if he gets drafted it will likely be as a developmental guy with the potential to step in immediately on special teams - which i guess would give some credence to the idea that we might be interested later on - but in the 5th round, in a draft this deep, i'd have to consider that a reach and much better prospects will likely be available

trestan decoud ill give you a pass because you were the one who alerted me to him in the first place - i like him but given that he's likely an undrafted guy i have to think there's better value available - that being said if he actually is someone we draft in the 6th round i cant say id be disappointed - i could maybe even see him converting to safety as well but again he'd be a special teamer early on

but this was a really good mock - and interesting (if slightly far-fetched) - if this was how it all panned out i'd be pretty excited

Edited by rossihunter2

2 minutes ago, RaineV1 said:

I gave it an upvote since I think it would be a decent draft. I do worry a bit about how Kpassagnon fits into a 3-4 defense. He might be better as a normal DE for a 4-3. Though that's really the only pick I'm wary of.

I did too. I like the draft.

Appreciate it guys... wasn't pointing out the negs bc I had an issue with them, was just confused bc it was -4 without a single overtly negative comment. 

Was just asking for the voices behind the negs bc the conversation is what it's all about. 

27 minutes ago, rossihunter2 said:

don't worry about it - no negs from me - i completely get what your'e doing with this mock and it's pretty interesting but i'll give some fuller feedback than i did earlier anyway:

mike williams is a great pick and i'd have zero qualms with it on draft day

tim williams is also a great pick but i find it hard to believe he'll make it to our 2nd pick - if no one gambles in the first round like the steelers, lions, falcons, chiefs or saints - then i really dont think he'll get past the rams in the 2nd round because he fits perfectly into wade phillips defense which they are just beginning to run in LA - so as much as i love the pick i find it hard to come up with scenarios where he's available unless there is some serious issue with character that only the ravens are aware is not a big deal (which i guess is possible given ozzie's bama ties but still seems unlikely)

kpassagnon again is a brilliant value pick and would add a good amount of competition to the 5tech spot - he's developmental which is why the 2nd is too rich for me but I also think, much like with williams before, that other teams towards the end of the 2nd (if he even makes it there) will have a hard time passing up on a guy with such raw ability and potential - but if he makes it he's a no-brainer

ahkello witherspoon might be the darling of a few guys on this board, me included - he could develop into one of the top cover corners out of this draft and if you take away the pressure of not needing to start day 1 then he could maybe have time to develop his tackling technique because he'll have to in order to get activated on gameday by playing special teams - really that's one of his biggest downsides but if in round 3 you can nab a guy with the potential to be elite and sticky in man and zone coverage with the long arms he has then its a steal every day of the week - yet i think this is likely a possible scenario

i said earlier up that i'd prefer jermaine eluemunor to jordan morgan but having thought about it more im not sure i would - i take it back jordan morgan is a good pickup here

however, after all that positivity I have to say that harvey langi feels like a reach for need in the 5th - he's a longterm developmental prospect who lacks the fundamentals or nouse of the position - for me he's a 6th rounder at best but is likely a udfa pick up by some team that likes his athletic ability and is willing to forget about his being played on the edge this season - if he gets drafted it will likely be as a developmental guy with the potential to step in immediately on special teams - which i guess would give some credence to the idea that we might be interested later on - but in the 5th round, in a draft this deep, i'd have to consider that a reach and much better prospects will likely be available

trestan decoud ill give you a pass because you were the one who alerted me to him in the first place - i like him but given that he's likely an undrafted guy i have to think there's better value available - that being said if he actually is someone we draft in the 6th round i cant say id be disappointed - i could maybe even see him converting to safety as well but again he'd be a special teamer early on

but this was a really good mock - and interesting (if slightly far-fetched) - if this was how it all panned out i'd be pretty excited

I actually think Tim Williams is in for a draft day slide. 

Between the off field, failed drug tests, being somewhat under sized, limited role and lack of experience... coupled with talent/depth at the position -- I just see him falling back. 

Could easily see 10-12 pass rushers or more go ahead of him... which I think puts him squarely in range for us in the 2nd round. It's really not that tough to argue 10 that could go ahead and if so you'd need a pass rusher to go every 4 picks or more for him not to be there. 

I also think there will be mixed opinions on Tanoh... some loving him and some having him really low. If he were more explosive/quick I could see a 4-3 team taking a stab in the 2nd.... but I think his best fit is as a 3-4 5T. The upside is huge and I expect the boom, but it's a pick that will require a development plan and patience. I think most teams will want/need more immediate dividends from a 2nd round pick with the depth and talent in this draft. 

And I fully admit that Langi and Decoud are potentially reaches. Agree totally there. With the 5th-7th and UDFA such a crap shoot... I'm not going to even pretend to have a board that goes that deep or have the expertise to truly deem the value of players in that range. 

So i chose to mock 2 guys that I like and think have a good chance to become Ravens through either late picks or UDFA. 

7 minutes ago, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

I actually think Tim Williams is in for a draft day slide. 

Between the off field, failed drug tests, being somewhat under sized, limited role and lack of experience... coupled with talent/depth at the position -- I just see him falling back. 

Could easily see 10-12 pass rushers or more go ahead of him... which I think puts him squarely in range for us in the 2nd round. It's really not that tough to argue 10 that could go ahead and if so you'd need a pass rusher to go every 4 picks or more for him not to be there. 

I also think there will be mixed opinions on Tanoh... some loving him and some having him really low. If he were more explosive/quick I could see a 4-3 team taking a stab in the 2nd.... but I think his best fit is as a 3-4 5T. The upside is huge and I expect the boom, but it's a pick that will require a development plan and patience. I think most teams will want/need more immediate dividends from a 2nd round pick with the depth and talent in this draft. 

And I fully admit that Langi and Decoud are potentially reaches. Agree totally there. With the 5th-7th and UDFA such a crap shoot... I'm not going to even pretend to have a board that goes that deep or have the expertise to truly deem the value of players in that range. 

So i chose to mock 2 guys that I like and think have a good chance to become Ravens through either late picks or UDFA. 

fair enough on langi and decoud

i agree that tanoh's best fit is at 5tech in a 3-4 which is why i like the fit here if he falls but i do think that a 4-3 team is going to salivate at the thought of him at DE - teams like the cowboys, vikings, falcons, panthers, raiders

im gonna have a go at guessing all the edge guys who have a chance to go ahead of him if you'll pardon me:

garrett, barnett, mckinley, watt, harris, charlton, reddick, lawson, willis, anderson - i guess that's 10 - i still find it hard to believe that even with some issues that all of those guys could go ahead but maybe thats just because i really dont like willis and charlton where they are being mocked and see anderson as not being as valuable as williams as an edge guy

so i guess i can see how that might happen but im not sure it would happen - i just think theres likely a point toward the beginning of the second round where even if the off field stuff is an issue he will be too much of a steal for some teams there to not take him...

Everyone says Cleveland taking trubisky over Garrett would be dumb, but if they landed him and fournette... ugh. Look out afc north, with that line and hue Jackson on developing trubisky it would be a matter of time before they're winning the division

1 minute ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

Everyone says Cleveland taking trubisky over Garrett would be dumb, but if they landed him and fournette... ugh. Look out afc north, with that line and hue Jackson on developing trubisky it would be a matter of time before they're winning the division

lol let them. Trubisky is gonna need a lot of time

And man I would flip for this draft. I think williams goes early second but if we landed the 2 williams to start out and then got kpassagnon and Witherspoon in the third.. wow. And then Morgan and decoudwould be great values there

this is a solid draft if we stay put

16: R1P16 EDGE DEREK BARNETT TENNESSEE
47: R2P15 CB KEVIN KING WASHINGTON
74: R3P10 C ETHAN POCIC LSU
78: R3P14 EDGE RYAN ANDERSON ALABAMA
122: R4P15 WR ARDARIUS STEWART ALABAMA
159: R5P15 G ZACH BANNER USC
186: R6P2 EDGE HUNTER DIMICK UTAH

51 minutes ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

Lmao was this even serious? 

It's so funny that most mocks have a very early consensus on where certain players are going, but watch that all go up in flames on draft day lmao 

Garrett to Cleveland 

Lattimore to Tennessee 

Hooker to LA  

Fournette to Jax 

Barnett to NO

Foster to Cincinnati

17 minutes ago, RavensDieHard21 said:

It's so funny that most mocks have a very early consensus on where certain players are going, but watch that all go up in flames on draft day lmao 

Garrett to Cleveland 

Lattimore to Tennessee 

Hooker to LA  

Fournette to Jax 

Barnett to NO

Foster to Cincinnati

They're that way bc well.... some of them just make too much sense. 

But i tried to change the 1 that sets the rest of them in motion to see how much it would effect the rest of the round. 

Youre right though, between the outside opinions being way off... and the likelihood of at least one team trading into/out of that top 5-10 the order of players and matching up with fits is bound to look completely different on draft night. 

1 hour ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

I won't predict how good he could/would be... but I will say if Cleveland loves any of the QBs and think he can be their franchise guy -- they'd only be stupid to risk assuming he'll survive to pick 12.

And I do agree, if he panned out and Fournette is who I think he is... behind that OL their offense is pretty tough to stop day 1. 

They use their glut of day 2 picks and next years draft to get that defense right... they could have that thing turned around pretty quick. 

18 minutes ago, RavensDieHard21 said:

Garrett to Cleveland 

Lattimore to Tennessee 

Hooker to LA  

Fournette to Jax 

Barnett to NO

Foster to Cincinnati

Garrett is pretty much definite in cleveland

i don't see lattimore to the titans as a lock at all - I've seen mike Williams mocked there a lot, either of the safeties, Reuben foster etc. etc. I think the titans could do anything except rb or qb with the 5th pick

hooker to la makes a lot of sense if he makes it there which he seems to be doing in most mocks but I'm not sure how likely that is - I think they may well end up taking Reuben foster or one of the wrs

fournette to jax makes way too much sense for that not to happen unless a team like the panthers trades up to get him ahead of them - although I personally think they should get one of the safeties

Barnett to NO I haven't seen a huge amount outside of these boards- I've seen reddick there more often

foster to the bengals is a pick I'm not really expecting to be honest - I think the bengals are more likely to prioritise other positions if foster even makes it there

it would be much more surprising come draft day if even half these picks happened