JoeyFlex5

Pound The Table!

100 posts in this topic

Dalvin Cook does more to help this team than either Mike Williams or Corey Davis.

9 minutes ago, Edgar said:

Tell me why you like him?

I like as a gem to get because he has high production in the big ten which he wwe against some good corners he can run all the routes he catches the ball well just stuck on a bad Purdue footabll team which is why he's getting over looked.

Edited by Ravenskid52752

7 hours ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

I personally see him as a mid 3rd guy but I could understand why he goes second. He's got big play threat written all over him

Who are you referring to

On 4/11/2017 at 3:29 PM, JoeyFlex5 said:

Pound the table for guys here, so it's official. Unfortunately the forums are closing so there's no way to look back unless you migrate elsewhere... 

no pounding for Garrett or Allen or Adams or any completely duh prospects.

pounding the table isn't necessarily demanding the ravens draft a guy, but making a firm stance that a player will be excellent.

Im pounding the table for

Derek Barnett

tre'davious white 

Evan engram 

Tim williams

Desmond king

dan feeney

TJ watt.

I think we will look back on all of these guys and say they should have went earlier than they did. I counted one character concern and one injury concern but tried my best to avoid those. 

Nut up or shut up who are you officially pounding the table for?

Nice idea thread flex!!

Anyways im kinda really busy and I'm a little behind this year finding the players I really really like. So far I like

DeDe Westrook

Ardarius Stewart

JuJu!! (I like and root for him)

Justin Evans

Duwaune Smoot -so explosive, agile and flexible, if he gets stronger he could make a serious impact as an rush olb!!

Tim Williams

Jordan Morgan

Carl Lawson

Malik McDowell- some coach is going to get this dude playing. And when he hits NFL and has to work hard and grows into his frame he could be jj like.

Forrest Lamp

Jermaine Eluemunor 

DJ Jones- I really like this dude. At 6'1 322 lbs He can play the nose or penetrator as a tackle in a 4-3 and defensive end in a 3-4. But in my opinion his best fit is playing closer to 300 lbs and going all in as a penetrator 

Larry Ogunjobi. One of these defensive tackles will be as good/ better than the hyped up Jonathan Allen

Some players I'm not sure about yet like Dawkins Moton Feeney

Edited by PurpleHorseman

22 hours ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

I'll throw kpassagnon in there too. With the right DL coach he could be an absolute monster

If he's there in the 2nd, I'll pound the table with you. Although there is certainly some bust potential given how raw he is, he fits a huge need, and the upside is certainly there, given his physical talent. 

I really hope we don't enter 2017 with only Urban and Kaufusi at 5-tech...

Avoiding some of the obvious ones and going a bit deeper into the draft:

Pat Elflien

Tarik Cohen

Ryan Switzer

Josh Jones

Howard Wilson

Derek Rivers

1 hour ago, Maryland said:

If he's there in the 2nd, I'll pound the table with you. Although there is certainly some bust potential given how raw he is, he fits a huge need, and the upside is certainly there, given his physical talent. 

I really hope we don't enter 2017 with only Urban and Kaufusi at 5-tech...

I might be his biggest fan around here but I wouldn't take him in the second. 2 straight years of a project in the second round is too risky, and he's definitely a project

1 minute ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

I might be his biggest fan around here but I wouldn't take him in the second. 2 straight years of a project in the second round is too risky, and he's definitely a project

I don't think he's there in the 3rd round though. His measurables are too enticing; someone is going to draft him in the second based on that alone. I saw him compared to Pierre-Paul, which I think is a good comparison strictly from the raw, small-school, freak athlete standpoint.

5 hours ago, Edgar said:

Dalvin Cook does more to help this team than either Mike Williams or Corey Davis.

I don't think we touch him because of the battery legal issues

Bucky Hodges. 

I fear the Patriots landing him and having a two tight end set of Gronk and Hodges.

30 minutes ago, BmoreBird22 said:

Bucky Hodges. 

I fear the Patriots landing him and having a two tight end set of Gronk and Hodges.

add in dwayne allen as well and that will be tough to handle

7 minutes ago, rossihunter2 said:

add in dwayne allen as well and that will be tough to handle

Dwayne Allen to me is a pure red zone threat and not much else for them. Hodges provides them everything Bennett was with the potential to be much more.

3 minutes ago, BmoreBird22 said:

Dwayne Allen to me is a pure red zone threat and not much else for them. Hodges provides them everything Bennett was with the potential to be much more.

i just mean that you put those 3 guys out there in multiple 3te sets with multiple alignments with multiple blocking formations and it might well be carnage for defenses

9 hours ago, Ravenskid52752 said:

One more player I'm pounding the table for Deangelo Yancey WR Purdue very underrated player good Receiver just was on a bad Purdue footabll so he's more of a late round pick 5th or 6th round. 

Plus the ravens have met with him 4 times during the draft process. 

we rely met him 4 times when?  no combine 40 dash by eyeball is avarage he did score 10 tds last yr and oz and decost are sur eyein that but this guy look lik tanden doss all ovah again cept without the nfl combine. give him a shot as free agent but draff a wr wiff playmaka potential before that late if u wanna take him in the 6th jus for kiks sure why not oz betta be right if he go with him befor that

Edited by RayRayRaven

2 hours ago, usmccharles said:

I don't think we touch him because of the battery legal issues

Wasn't he found not guilty?

My two biggest pet prospects are Jordan Morgan, G/T and Ahkello Witherspoon, CB.

I think Witherspoon will wind up being one of the top 3 CB's in a draft that will wind up with 7-8 really good ones. Will be one of the best 2nd CBs in the league and with our trio we'd have the best secondary in the league next year. 

Plus it'd be really cool to have both our CBs be from the University of Colorado. Get Awuzie too for the heck of it. 

And Morgan if around in the 4th/5th is a steal. He will be an absolute mauler of an OG and become a 10+ year starter with multiple Pro Bowls. 

Dorian Johnson is another OG that I think is a lot better than some think. He's my 3rd OG behind Lamp and Feeney.... not counting Cam or Dawkins who I think both can be great OGs but someone will try to make RTs. 

Edited by BOLDnPurPnBlacK

1 hour ago, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

My two biggest pet prospects are Jordan Morgan, G/T and Ahkello Witherspoon, CB.

I got a cb no one is even talkin bout but he is gonna blow dem doors off.  Wil post him in my top 100 unda cb

23 minutes ago, RayRayRaven said:

I got a cb no one is even talkin bout but he is gonna blow dem doors off.  Wil post him in my top 100 unda cb

Is it litty?

If so... the reason no ones talking about him is bc no one has a clue who he is... and probably doesn't exist. 

1 hour ago, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

I think Witherspoon will wind up being one of the top 3 CB's in a draft that will wind up with 7-8 really good ones. Will be one of the best 2nd CBs in the league and with our trio we'd have the best secondary in the league next year. 

Plus it'd be really cool to have both our CBs be from the University of Colorado. Get Awuzie too for the heck of it. 

And Morgan if around in the 4th/5th is a steal. He will be an absolute mauler of an OG and become a 10+ year starter with multiple Pro Bowls. 

Dorian Johnson is another OG that I think is a lot better than some think. He's my 3rd OG behind Lamp and Feeney.... not counting Cam or Dawkins who I think both can be great OGs but someone will try to make RTs. 

Somebody could take Morgan at end of round1 and he would justify the pick. One of my best friends went to his school and showed me some clips of practices. If he went to USC Oregon Penn state he would be a borderline round1 talent. Ravens should draft him round4 and consider him in round3. He and Lewis could make a nice tandem for a long time after Yanda retires. Throw in Lamp at center and that is a bulldozing interior trio. Harbaugh reported that Lewis is really growing into his frame and is far stronger. If ravens picked up Morgan and Lamp we would only need to find a RT for a stud o-line for years. I'm all for offensive line being No.1 priority.

4 hours ago, Maryland said:

I don't think he's there in the 3rd round though. His measurables are too enticing; someone is going to draft him in the second based on that alone. I saw him compared to Pierre-Paul, which I think is a good comparison strictly from the raw, small-school, freak athlete standpoint.

He could be there but my guess is someone takes a flier. Doesn't mean I'd want the ravens to. I like him and his upside is ridiculous but I can't pound the table for such an unfinished product

10 minutes ago, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

Is it litty?

If so... the reason no ones talking about him is bc no one has a clue who he is... and probably doesn't exist. 

Now I want to know who litty is. Maybe he's thinking about Marshon Littimore.

15 minutes ago, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

Is it litty?

he never told me if i got it right

1 minute ago, SepticeyePoe said:

i already guessed that one and he said no - all we know is its an ohio (i assume state) db - i also guessed malik hooker but he didnt get back to me yet on that one

Edited by rossihunter2

41 minutes ago, RayRayRaven said:

i didnt know there were any cbs in this class notorious for michael caine impressions...

8 minutes ago, PurpleHorseman said:

Somebody could take Morgan at end of round1 and he would justify the pick. One of my best friends went to his school and showed me some clips of practices. If he went to USC Oregon Penn state he would be a borderline round1 talent. Ravens should draft him round4 and consider him in round3. He and Lewis could make a nice tandem for a long time after Yanda retires. Throw in Lamp at center and that is a bulldozing interior trio. Harbaugh reported that Lewis is really growing into his frame and is far stronger. If ravens picked up Morgan and Lamp we would only need to find a RT for a stud o-line for years. I'm all for offensive line being No.1 priority.

I went to Bloomsburg which is Kutztowns rival... and was at Bloom with Jahri Evans. 

Jah was a sensation at the time, hands down the most dominant player the conference had seen in decades. We obviously know how he turned out. 

Everyone I know that follows the team closely has said that Morgan is even more dominant than Jah was, and a better athlete overall. 

Ive seen him play live twice and I tend to agree with them. 

But i cant go as far as to say I'd take him in the 2nd. 3rd I prob wouldn't either. Ultimately I think he'll play at a level that in hindsight will have justified a late 1st/2nd round pick, but the question marks are just too great. The jump from D2 to NFL is real and so is the switch from the left to right or tackle to guard. 

4th/5th round though? Count me in and I think we've found a very good starter. 

2 minutes ago, rossihunter2 said:

i didnt know there were any cbs in this class notorious for michael caine impressions...

lol well i got one for you. Jeremy Cutrer middle tennesse st. Watch his alabama tape

15 minutes ago, SepticeyePoe said:

14 minutes ago, rossihunter2 said:

i already guessed that one and he said no - all we know is its an ohio (i assume state) db - i also guessed malik hooker but he didnt get back to me yet on that one

It's Hooker.  He has a highlight tape on Youtube with a song called "Litty" in the background, so I assume he thinks that's his nickname.

4 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

It's Hooker.  He has a highlight tape on Youtube with a song called "Litty" in the background, so I assume he thinks that's his nickname.

He's like a riddle wrapped up in an enigma code - it takes real detective work to establish what he means

17 minutes ago, rossihunter2 said:

I was trying to make a joke, but it wasn't very good.

1 minute ago, rmw10 said:

So I guess Hooker isn't the guy who is going to blow the doors off that no one is talking about.