ThatsMyJoeTerback

Ravens Schedule Thread

87 posts in this topic

I'm calling this a favorable schedule. That being said, the Vegas oddsmakers, the overall makeup of the team at this time, our average QB and coaches inability to adjust at halftime all tell me an 8-8 season is in our future. As much as I'd like, I don't see the Ravens as a 12, 11 or even a 10 win team. We don't travel well and recently have not defended our home turf very well. 8-8 +/- 1.

ICYMI ... http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2699237-nfl1000-baltimore-ravens-2017-nfl-draft-preview

Edited by Bruce_Almty
Additional info

Couldn't be happier as a RAVENS fan schedule should work in our favor if we can stay healthy.  Biggest Complaint is how does the NFL not schedule the PARTIOTS @  M&T.........I know the schedules are done in advance based on blah blah blah, but the NFL should realize the RIVALRY these two teams have been  progressively making and cash in on it........Yea it could be a loss but I want the challenge and I want the best at home for a change!!!!!!!!

Wake up NFL schedule makers....... 

8 hours ago, Adreme said:

I think you are vastly underestimating how,poorly Pittsburgh matches up against the Ravens.  They barely won a game at home with the sole reason being a lack of secondary depth which has been addressed and early on in the,season when they are most likely to be healthy...no chance.

Alot of our success against the steelers has been because weve been able to contain Bell.Hes the most important piece in that offense IMO.Even more important than Brown.Just look at how their offense looked in the championship game when he went down or how it looked when he was out of that playoff game we played them in a few years ago.Im bringing up Bells importance because we just lost both of our stud DEs and our stud ILB this off season.I want to wait and see how that impacts our run defense before I get confident that we can continue beating them.Then theres our pass rush.We got no where near Ben with Timmy,Doom and Guy and it kind of was what lost us that game.We should wait and see what we have there too before we get over confident about how we match up with teams. 

Edited by HomeoftheBRAVENS

not a fan of givin up r home game to pitt but hopes they wil be more distractd in London than us.  if we can win that game maybe we have a bettr season than thinkin otherways doan like openin at cincy that troubl then jags at jags they play us tuff and one day they gonna jell maybe not this yr. thing we can beat the bears but then tough stritch wiff vikins dolphins titan packers texas 2-3 wuld be outstandin. culd be interestin this season tells r we near or r we far

30 minutes ago, RayRayRaven said:

not a fan of givin up r home game to pitt but hopes they wil be more distractd in London than us.  if we can win that game maybe we have a bettr season than thinkin otherways doan like openin at cincy that troubl then jags at jags they play us tuff and one day they gonna jell maybe not this yr. thing we can beat the bears but then tough stritch wiff vikins dolphins titan packers texas 2-3 wuld be outstandin. culd be interestin this season tells r we near or r we far

What the hell are you talking about? We don't give up any home games at all let alone one to Pittsburgh 

I feel the schedule is fairly balanced with the toughest part being the London trip, home against the Steelers and then out to Oakland in succession. Can't complain too much with the 24th strength of schedule ranking.  

I really like the schedule and think it falls favorably. 

Alternating home and away games for a long stretch; well placed bye week; no real gauntlet of very difficult match ups....

It's set up where any tough losses we may have, there's a good opportunity to right the ship immediately. No obvious spots to go on a tough losing streak... so if we can win the games we should, and pull out a couple close ones - theres a real possibility to string together some decent win streaks.

Initial reaction is that the over/under is 9.5 wins.

Obviously that could change with the draft and later FA yet to come... but 9.5 looks about right to me. 

On 4/17/2017 at 4:28 PM, Purple_City39 said:

As long as we don't end another season @ Cincinatti, I can't complain.  I wonder if they'll give the team their request to not have that week 4 bye week.  Then again, they'll probably honor the request and give the team a Thursday night road trip against Pittsburgh or Cincinatti instead.

Lol

On 4/17/2017 at 4:28 PM, Purple_City39 said:

As long as we don't end another season @ Cincinatti, I can't complain.  I wonder if they'll give the team their request to not have that week 4 bye week.  Then again, they'll probably honor the request and give the team a Thursday night road trip against Pittsburgh or Cincinatti instead.

I was close.  Sunday at home against the Steelers instead of on the road,

And the season ends vs Cincy.  So close on all this lol

Edited by Purple_City39

Pittsburgh has the easiest schedule ever. They play the Vikings and the Ravens after their Thursday night games if not more. I don't mind our schedule and think it is balanced but jeez.

34 minutes ago, trevorsteadman said:

Pittsburgh has the easiest schedule ever. They play the Vikings and the Ravens after their Thursday night games if not more. I don't mind our schedule and think it is balanced but jeez.

Yeah I don't agree with this. Look at Thanksgiving until NYE. 

Packers in primetime, at Bengals in primetime, Ravens in primetime, Patriots, at Texans in primetime

Four primetime games, two on the road, and the home games are GB, Ravens and Patriots.

Good luck.

5 hours ago, HomeoftheBRAVENS said:

Alot of our success against the steelers has been because weve been able to contain Bell.Hes the most important piece in that offense IMO.Even more important than Brown.Just look at how their offense looked in the championship game when he went down or how it looked when he was out of that playoff game we played them in a few years ago.Im bringing up Bells importance because we just lost both of our stud DEs and our stud ILB this off season.I want to wait and see how that impacts our run defense before I get confident that we can continue beating them.Then theres our pass rush.We got no where near Ben with Timmy,Doom and Guy and it kind of was what lost us that game.We should wait and see what we have there too before we get over confident about how we match up with teams. 

I agree that Bell is the most important player on their team. If they are running the ball well, their offense is almost impossible to stop. It will be fun to see how the young guys on the D line handle not just him but the whole season against the run. I personally think we take a step back in our run D. 

Also, the Steelers, should be at 100% for at least our week 4 game barring injuries. People forget that we faced a rushed back Big Ben in our first meeting last year and he was horrible against us. And in both meetings they didn't have M. Bryant or Ladarius Green. An offense of Ben, Bell, Brown, Bryant, Green, James and Rodgers/Coates/?? has the chance to be a no doubt #1 Offense in the league. Problem for them is that their injuries and suspensions seem to never although them on the field together.

I believe that is why we bolstered the back end so much on our team. Because if they ever do have their full disposal of players against teams, it's going to be extremely hard to stop and thats why we have gone that route in the off season.

Edited by Ravens4Real

I just want the team to play with more URGENCY through out the season. It just seems like at times they approach some games like da-da-da-da-blahhhhhhhhhhhhh

13 hours ago, Adreme said:

The Ravens could go 0-16 and Ozzie has a job next year.  People are assuming a hot seat where there isn't one.

So the seat wouldn't be getting warm after three seasons of no playoffs? As of right now, our offense has some major holes, most of which are on the offensive line. Dixon is suspended for the first four games, West is just OK, Mike Wallace is our number one WR and Dennis Pitta is slower than molasses. 

You really think all of that can be fixed during the draft or by adding some bums that were cut during training camp just to be used as bandaids? Sorry, but I just don't see us getting back to the playoffs, again. 

Edited by Deflated Football

Some fans and people here forget how hard it is to win a Super Bowl. I understand that many just want us to have that chance and be back in the playoffs, but every other team in the league is doing the same thing we are in terms of trying to get better and the teams that made it last year are just going to reload. 

Cant win a Super Bowl every year. Nor do I think we will win one this year, but if we continue to build, we can have a handle in the next couple of years.

37 minutes ago, Deflated Football said:

So the seat wouldn't be getting warm after three seasons of no playoffs? As of right now, our offense has some major holes, most of which are on the offensive line. Dixon is suspended for the first four games, West is just OK, Mike Wallace is our number one WR and Dennis Pitta is slower than molasses. 

You really think all of that can be fixed during the draft or by adding some bums that were cut during training camp just to be used as bandaids? Sorry, but I just don't see us getting back to the playoffs, again. 

Can ALL of it be fixed? Of course not.

But then again, you certainly don't need to fix all of it to make the playoffs. The difference between us making the playoffs last year vs not was basically one victory. 

So no, you don't need to upgrade all of those positions and fix everything to get ONE more victory.

Yep. I'd love to see some of these guys/girls being fans of the Eagles,Vikings, Bengals or Cardinals. Those fan bases have known nothing but not winning a Super Bowl. Unless they happen to be 60+ years old and in some not ever have winning it at all.

6 hours ago, HomeoftheBRAVENS said:

I don't think Bell is as big a factor as he's made out to be.  The Ravens success against the Steelers comes from the fact the team has been built to beat the Steelers, as well as the Patriots.  Won't always happen, but the pieces were put in place for those two teams.

The team is 6-3 against the Steelers since Bell was drafted.  Keep in mind the horrible 2015 team that swept them and the 2014 playoff team that beat them with CBs not even good enough for the bargain bin (minus Webb I guess).

in the four seasons before Bell, Baltimore was 5-4 against the Steelers.  So Baltimore was still pretty successful against the Steelers.

Pittsburgh has become too reliant on Bell, and that's what will stop them from truly outplaying the Ravens.  RBs are rarely the x factor against Baltimore, no matter who it is.  There are exceptions, but Bell clearly isn't one of them, not for the Ravens.

We waited 12 years between 2000 and 2012 before we won our second, so 5 isn't that bad but it is recent. As someone else mentioned, try being fans of other teams who haven't won a Super Bowl, let alone being a Browns fan.

7 hours ago, HomeoftheBRAVENS said:

That is why the Ravens signed Williams.  Its why having Jimmy is so important to the Ravens and its why now having a number 2 CB who actually belongs in the NFL (whatever you think of Carr remember the cowboys tried to find someone better for years and couldnt) means that once again they do not match up well.  The Ravens built there team to beat the Steelers and I suspect Williams got his bit contract in no small part due to the fact that they want him for the Steelers games to shut down Bell.

So.... what all games is everyone planning to go to? Got my stuff together for my trip to Nashville for the Titans game but debating which home game I want to go to this year.

2 hours ago, JO_75 said:

So.... what all games is everyone planning to go to? Got my stuff together for my trip to Nashville for the Titans game but debating which home game I want to go to this year.

I plan on going to the Pittsburgh game because those are the ones with the best atmosphere, and it's on the week of my birthday. If that doesn't work, I'm probably going to the Texans vs Ravens game on Monday night.

2 hours ago, JO_75 said:

Shooting for Texans. ( pun unintended ) 

Well this thread got off track quick. No wonder the boards are closing. How does discussion of the season turn into Ozzie won't have a job if we miss the playoffs? 

4 hours ago, terrynjulia03 said:

How does discussion of the season turn into Ozzie won't have a job if we miss the playoffs? 

Give it time, it will soon turn into the usual Flacco sucks thread.