ThatsMyJoeTerback

Ravens Schedule Thread

89 posts in this topic

Monday night home game?!?!?!?!

Also means no Thanksgiving game for the Ravens

Jeff ZrebiecVerified account @jeffzrebiecsun  4m4 minutes ago

More

Jeff Zrebiec Retweeted John McClain

Monday night home game in Baltimore vs. Texans, per @McClain_on_NFL. Would be Ravens first since 2012

Edited by 52520Andrew

1 hour ago, Sherly_Tebow said:

Week 6: Bears at Ravens

Week 11: Ravens at Packers

No idea if these are true. Just rumors I saw.

I also saw that week 6 matchup.

Just now, 52520Andrew said:

Nah ah aaaaah

This time we play the Bengals at home lol

My bad... read it wrong.  For some reason thought we opened with them at home.

Cleveland in week 2 again but hey this just means they get to go up 25 points on us at home then we come back and win.

1 minute ago, mc_red23 said:

They get so creative with these schedules don't they. 

I know right..... Is there some rule in the league office that states we have to play the Bengals in week 17? At leeast this time they let it be in Baltimore.... but man facing the Steelers coming off that long road trip to London followed by going to Oakland, then back home for Chicago. Could have at least switched Raiders and Bears so we had 2 straight home games coming off London.

Home MNF Game? Put your bets down now, we are winning the Super Bowl. Just saying, last time we had a home MNF we went on to win the Super Bowl. So I fully expect a 9-2 start, then a meltdown to barely win the division then January Joe takes us to Minnesota. *End Sarcasm*

1 minute ago, JO_75 said:

I know right..... Is there some rule in the league office that states we have to play the Bengals in week 17? At leeast this time they let it be in Baltimore.... but man facing the Steelers coming off that long road trip to London followed by going to Oakland, then back home for Chicago. Could have at least switched Raiders and Bears so we had 2 straight home games coming off London.

Home MNF Game? Put your bets down now, we are winning the Super Bowl. Just saying, last time we had a home MNF we went on to win the Super Bowl. So I fully expect a 9-2 start, then a meltdown to barely win the division then January Joe takes us to Minnesota. *End Sarcasm*

If we get end of season Joe and full season out of Jimmy anything is possible.  2012 we opened up with Cinci too.. JS

Edited by redrum52

1 minute ago, JO_75 said:

They our request to not have our bye week immediately following the London game, I can't imagine them wanting to do us any more favours. 

The amount of times we've opened or closed with cinci is comical. Looks pretty manageable and a perfect placement for a bye. 

6 minutes ago, mc_red23 said:

They our request to not have our bye week immediately following the London game, I can't imagine them wanting to do us any more favours. 

Gave us a bye just before traveling to Green Bay so we'll have 2 weeks to prepare for Rodgers' hail mary but somehow still fail at protecting it like every other team.

1 minute ago, ravensnation5220 said:

Jeeze i dont like that 3 game stretch where we go to london to play the jags, back home vs the steelers and out west to oakland. Thats tough.....

I'm just wondering if by week 5 Carr will be back in rhythm and be the gun slinger that he is or if we'll face him early enough that he hasn't got into that rhythm yet. At the least, the city of Oakland will be too mad at the team to probably show up so it might not be a true home field advantage.

I really don't mind this schedule. It's too early to speculate our record, but I think it could've been worse. Closing against the browns and 2 home games is a great way to close the season. (4 out of the last 6 are at home). The toughest part is week 4-5 (I think we'll do fine in London. It's after that game I'm worried about). We get a week and a half rest to play at the titans and a bye week before going to Green Bay. I think our schedule is set up for a good start, rocky middle, and a strong finish.

3 minutes ago, Sherly_Tebow said:

I really don't mind this schedule. It's too early to speculate our record, but I think it could've been worse. Closing against the browns and 2 home games is a great way to close the season. (4 out of the last 6 are at home). The toughest part is week 4-5 (I think we'll do fine in London. It's after that game I'm worried about). We get a week and a half rest to play at the titans and a bye week before going to Green Bay. I think our schedule is set up for a good start, rocky middle, and a strong finish.

That's exactly my takeaway from this.

18 minutes ago, JO_75 said:

I'm just wondering if by week 5 Carr will be back in rhythm and be the gun slinger that he is or if we'll face him early enough that he hasn't got into that rhythm yet. At the least, the city of Oakland will be too mad at the team to probably show up so it might not be a true home field advantage.

I would think with the timing of his injury he will be full power around midway through the season so it is the best possible time to face him.

Ideally the Ravens are either 3-2 or 4-1 after 5 though with 4 VERY winnable games in a row to put them in a perfect position to make the,playoffs.

On 4/17/2017 at 4:46 PM, rmcjacket23 said:

Depends on how the calendar falls. Obviously wouldn't be playing them if Christmas is on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Friday.

Christmas Eve is a Sunday and Christmas is a Monday this year, so possible for this year.

Steelers get 2 Christmas Day games in a row. They play the Texans Dec 25th at 4:30p.m, with the night contest being a SNF game being between the Raiders and Eagles. So on the bright side, with the Eagles playing on Christmas that means we get to see Eagles fans throw snow balls at Santa Claus again. Though at least we are one of only 2 games being played on the 23rd. Colts/Ravens kicks off at 4:30 with the Packers hosting the Vikings at 8:30p.m.

Okay Early prediction I am seeing 10-6 at best.
Sweeping Cleveland with a total combined margin of 3. :rolleyes:
Splitting with Cincy, but I see Pitts-burgh sweeping us.  Having them after London even at home , and then in Pitts-burgh for SNF, I am not overly confidant.

I see us beating Jacksonville, Minnesota, Miami, Tennessee, Houston, Detroit and Indianapolis. With additional losses to Oakland, Chicago, and Green Bay. 

I am going to try to go to the Monday Night game.  I won't be able to swing London this year :( I like where our bye is.  I don't really care who or where we open or close, I don't think it is that big of a deal. Thursday games annoy me. 

Tough schedule. Not sure we can fill all of our holes with the draft and cuts during training camp, on top of the inept play calling by Marty. Our defense can't carry us. This isn't 2001. Looks like another 8-8 season to me, in which case, Harbaugh can pack his bags and so can Ozzie. 

1 hour ago, K-Dog said:

Okay Early prediction I am seeing 10-6 at best.
Sweeping Cleveland with a total combined margin of 3. :rolleyes:
Splitting with Cincy, but I see Pitts-burgh sweeping us.  Having them after London even at home , and then in Pitts-burgh for SNF, I am not overly confidant.

I see us beating Jacksonville, Minnesota, Miami, Tennessee, Houston, Detroit and Indianapolis. With additional losses to Oakland, Chicago, and Green Bay. 

I am going to try to go to the Monday Night game.  I won't be able to swing London this year :( I like where our bye is.  I don't really care who or where we open or close, I don't think it is that big of a deal. Thursday games annoy me. 

I think you are vastly underestimating how,poorly Pittsburgh matches up against the Ravens.  They barely won a game at home with the sole reason being a lack of secondary depth which has been addressed and early on in the,season when they are most likely to be healthy...no chance.

1 hour ago, Deflated Football said:

Tough schedule. Not sure we can fill all of our holes with the draft and cuts during training camp, on top of the inept play calling by Marty. Our defense can't carry us. This isn't 2001. Looks like another 8-8 season to me, in which case, Harbaugh can pack his bags and so can Ozzie. 

The Ravens could go 0-16 and Ozzie has a job next year.  People are assuming a hot seat where there isn't one.

All in all it's a pretty favorable schedule. Tennessee will prob be pretty good, and we get to play them after a mini bye with playing the Thurs game the week before. Which is at home, and against Miami, and Thurs night games the home team has somewhere in the nature of a 85% win rate last I checked. Than a Bye before goi g to GB. So that's 2 games that could've been trouble but we're on the favorable side. 

After going to London, and honestly that's a coin flip but we "should" win, we at least get Pitt at home. Than you can chalk up a loss in Oakland. Than we close out with 2 home games, instead of having to go into Cinnci with e division possibly on the line. 

Depending on the draft, along with who we might pick up afterwords we should be able to go 9-7 at worst and maybe 11-5 at best. Just my humble opinion.