757RavensFan

Jernigan traded to the Eagles

282 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, hn68wb4 said:

Then you must not watch much football. Makes sense given your other opinions actually.

What's ironic is Sami raved about Davis after we drafted him so I guess the Great Sami messed up, too.

1 minute ago, GrimCoconut said:

What's ironic is Sami raved about Davis after we drafted him so I guess the Great Sami messed up, too.

no i didnt. I said he's a boom or bust type and more likley the latter.

where is this crap coming from?

I raved about his first game vs denver

i wasnt a fan of the draft pick

Edited by Sami84

3 minutes ago, hn68wb4 said:

Then you must not watch much football. Makes sense given your other opinions actually.

I'd like to hear what games you watched that Davis gave us an indication that he'd be a good NFL player? His lack of effort is maddening and he was even more so ineffective than Jernigan before going on the IR. He's more of a bust than an NFL ready starting DT.

I think the issue here is the swap more than it is the trade. If we got a pick without giving up a pick and Jernigan then I think there would be more love for the move. People praise Belichick for making moves like this and this is that type of move. We dropped him while his value is at its highest. I'm not a fan of the move honestly because I'd like to keep the DL intact since we've lost guys at virtually every level of the defense this year and have a shakeup already but have only added to that. 

2 minutes ago, Sami84 said:

no i didnt. I said he's a boom or bust type and more likley the latter.

where is this crap coming from?

I raved about his first game vs denver

i wasnt a fan of the draft pick

You were definitely a fan of Davis.

if this were a swap for a 2nd round pick while giving up the 3rd and jernigan i'd be all for it.

this is kinda meh..

Just now, GrimCoconut said:

You were definitely a fan of Davis.

no i wasn't. I said I had serious concerns about him..gave him a c- grade

stop BS'ing

Edited by Sami84

Just now, Ravens4Real said:

I'd like to hear what games you watched that Davis gave us an indication that he'd be a good NFL player? His lack of effort is maddening and he was even more so ineffective than Jernigan before going on the IR. He's more of a bust than an NFL ready starting DT.

So you're a part of the camp that thinks it's possible to diagnose a player after one year of play on a 5-11 team, got it. You and the other guy are just being straight foolish.

Just now, Sami84 said:

no i wasn't.

stop BS'ing

I'm not. I'm only telling you what you said and you threw praise his way. 

So you're a part of the camp that thinks it's possible to diagnose a player after one year of play on a 5-11 team, got it. You and the other guy are just being straight foolish.

Why are you not allowed to evaluate a guy based off of the 5-11 season? Does that somehow allow him a pass because the rest of the team wasn't very good? You sound foolish if you actually believe these coaches gave everyone on this team a free pass because they weren't very good. 

The idea of trading him makes all the sense in the World.

The issue I have is the compensation. It just doesn't seem enough. Giving up one year of quality production for a 3rd round pick 25 spots earlier just doesn't seem like good value to me.

1 hour ago, Ravens4Real said:

I don't want to hear anyone mention Jernigan as inconsistent and then try to say Carl Davis can replace him. It's just stupid. Davis is worse than Jernigan at disappearing. He managed to do it for the whole year outside of the preseason and a game or two early.

That's what happens when you go on IR...

Just now, BmoreBird22 said:

That's what happens when you go on IR...

What about in 2015? When he played well against the Broncos and disappeared the rest of the year?

Why are you not allowed to evaluate a guy based off of the 5-11 season? Does that somehow allow him a pass because the rest of the team wasn't very good? You sound foolish if you actually believe these coaches gave everyone on this team a free pass because they weren't very good. 

Who'da thought that if the pieces around you are struggling then you will as well, must be a novel idea in your mind. The guy was a rookie, you can't evaluate a rookie accurately, there are any number of examples of players that struggle right away and turn into good player, we've got one starting at CB in case you wanted an example. Who ever said the coaches gave anyone a pass? Trying to stick to the topic at hand buddy

4 minutes ago, Ravens4Real said:

Well certainly no coach is evaluating ANY individual player based on the record of the entire team, because that makes zero sense. If they did, then every team in the league would just cut almost their entire roster after such a season, and would never extend any of the players associated with it OR sign any players that played on a team that bad.

If coaches don't think he's very good, its because they watched film on him individually and determined that. Its not because some of the guys next to him weren't playing well or his team wasn't playing well.

They don't give everybody a free pass, but they do give some players a free pass, because there's no shortage of bad football teams with good or even great players on them.

6 minutes ago, GrimCoconut said:

I'm not. I'm only telling you what you said and you threw praise his way. 

huh

I said when we drafted him that i wasnt a fan of the pick because he had a terrible motor and guys with bad motors are seldom good players on the D line.

Who'da thought that if the pieces around you are struggling then you will as well, must be a novel idea in your mind. The guy was a rookie, you can't evaluate a rookie accurately, there are any number of examples of players that struggle right away and turn into good player, we've got one starting at CB in case you wanted an example. Who ever said the coaches gave anyone a pass? Trying to stick to the topic at hand buddy

Look at the PFF grades. Jernigan was rated far and away better than David the year we went 5-11. Whether he was a rookie or not. Jernigan is the far better player compared to Davis. 

Edited by Ravens4Real

Maybe in couple days we'll see Jernningan suspended for PED's and then everyone will be happy on this forum? Lol:lol:

Well I will say it. I was a huge fan of Carl Davis when he came out and I still hold some hope. I really hope he turns the corner as physically when he puts it together is impressive. 

I don't mind the trade. Maybe because I was bracing for it and was a little frustrated with Jernigans timing of penalties and end of year play. I think I would have waited a year for the comp pick but this also opens the door that we can make signings in FA and not worry as much about comp picks. I don't know if we have any more big names hitting the market next year but it may allow us to load up on some mid tier guys to add some solid depth. 

Look at the PFF grades. Jernigan was rated fat and away better than David the year we went 5-11. Whether he was a rookie or not. Jernigan is the far better player compared to Davis. 

Well no crap, who ever said he was better than Jernigan. Do you even know where you are right now? And again, is it shocking to you that a rookie performed worse than a second year player

Lol at all the people freaking out on the Facebook post on this.

I hate thats all Im going to see from now on.

7 minutes ago, hn68wb4 said:

Well no crap, who ever said he was better than Jernigan. Do you even know where you are right now? And again, is it shocking to you that a rookie performed worse than a second year player

Do I even know where I am right now? That makes zero sense to the context of the conversation we are having. 

Once again, some of you guys need some reading comprehension on this board. My initial post was that Davis lacks a motor and has no way shown that he is capable of being an NFL starter at this point. But of course you jump down my throat because it doesn't jive with your purple shades. 

This dude has 11 total tackles and 0 sacks. I don't know how an argument can be made for him that he's going to come in and contribute (you know, the main point of this conversation). Davis also came in as very old rookie. He is already 25 years old and a year older than Jernigan. So the age of comparing Jernigan and Davis shouldn't even be in an argument.

Edited by Ravens4Real

6 minutes ago, Ravens4Real said:

Do I even know where I am right now? That makes zero sense to the context of the conversation we are having. 

Once again, some of you guys need some reading comprehension on this board. My initial post was that Davis lacks a motor and has no way shown that he is capable of being an NFL starter at this point. But of course you jump down my throats because it doesn't jive with your purple shades. 

This dude has 11 total tackles and 0 sacks. I don't know how an argument can be made for him that he's going to come in and contribute (you know, the main point of this conversation). Davis also came in as very old rookie. He is already 25 years old and a year older than Jernigan. So the age of comparing Jernigan and Davis shouldn't even be in an argument.

First off, I didn't reply to you, so whatever your first comment was is irrelevant to what I said (though the fact that you didn't know he was put on IR before the season even started shows that you are just talking out of your rear end, and no one should be replying to your insanity) so playing diva that you were just defending yourself after I jumped down your throat is just ridiculous.

Yeah he hasn't shown it yet, one season of play as a rookie. But shockingly you still don't understand the concept of players improving season to season.

Nobody has compared him to Jernigan, but you, yet you keep accusing everyone else of doing it. The only one around here that needs to take some reading comprehension classes is you clearly. Saying a player is in the conversation to start in his place isn't a comparison, but that really shouldn't be hard to understand.

Edited by hn68wb4

2 hours ago, jazz1988 said:

Or he could have played like he did last year and just netted them fourth or fifth round comp pick. I like the move and Ravens moved up from  99th overall pick in the draft to having 75th overall pick in the draft which is win especially in deep defensive draft.

We've had a much higher percentage of players perform well on their contract year of their rookie deals than those that haven't. 

Off the top of my head: Ellerbe, Kruger, McPhee, A.Jones, Osemele, T.Smith  earned themselves big contracts elsewhere. 

One of the only guys to play significant time then leave following their rookie contract and not get paid is Upshaw. 

Just because he's been traded today doesn't mean I'm changing my tune. I felt Jernigan was going to take yet another step forward this year get about 8+ sacks this year. 

Now everyone like he faded at the end of last year, the entire defense faded at the end of last year. 

First off, I didn't reply to you, so whatever your first comment was is irrelevant to what I said (though the fact that you didn't know he was put on IR before the season even started shows that you are just talking out of your rear end, and no one should be replying to your insanity) so playing diva that you were just defending yourself after I jumped down your throat is just ridiculous.

Yeah he hasn't shown it yet, one season of play as a rookie. But shockingly you still don't understand the concept of players improving season to season.

Nobody has compared him to Jernigan, but you, yet you keep accusing everyone else of doing it. The only one around here that needs to take some reading comprehension classes is you clearly. Saying a player is in the conversation to start in his place isn't a comparison, but that really shouldn't be hard to understand.

Reading comprehension my friend. It works wonders. You wouldn't of had to type so many responses.

Reading comprehension my friend. It works wonders. You wouldn't of had to type so many responses.

Well seeing as how you replied to something you clearly didn't understand says a lot, but whatever you say bud. The guy that didn't even know he was on IR knows everything about him. I'll just hang out over here on Earth, call me when you'd like to visit.

Davis was out on the IR last year after hurting his ankle in the final preseason game. It was not season ending but they still decided to put him on the IR anyways. If that doesn't speak to how he is viewed by the coaching staff, then I don't know what is.

Well seeing as how you replied to something you clearly didn't understand says a lot, but whatever you say bud. The guy that didn't even know he was on IR knows everything about him. I'll just hang out over here on Earth, call me when you'd like to visit.

See my post above. I did know he was on the IR. I was talking about 2015 where he disappeared and did nothing.

Edited by Ravens4Real

2 minutes ago, Ravens4Real said:

See my post above. I did know he was on the IR. I was talking about 2015 where he disappeared and did nothing.

lol ok, called out on it by multiple people now suddenly you meant something else. Whatever, literally anything is a better use of my time than this.

lol ok, called out on it by multiple people now suddenly you meant something else. Whatever, literally anything is a better use of my time than this.

If I knew I was going to ruin your day by saying Carl Davis is not good, I wouldn't have even brought it up. I'm sorry.