757RavensFan

Jernigan traded to the Eagles

282 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Cville-Raven said:

They must be high on kaufusi. I'm guessing DL will be a position we address pretty early in the draft.

If this draft is not a very productive one EVERYONE  will be saying they were high on something....lol

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, eek said:

LOL wait, wait wait, so losing one player is destroying our defense? damn i had no idea our whole defense road on jernigans shoulders. 

Well, first, it is not going to. It will possibly.
Second, you can see the difference in the secondary when Jernigan was on fire to passrush at the beginning of the season and when he was lame at the end.

So, losing the second best passrusher on the team could hurt your defense, yes.

-2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Ravens4Real said:

You are playing the what if game with Jernigan. 

Theres also no guaruntee that moving up 25 spots will get us a great, good or even average player. They could be a complete bust. You also have no clue what other teams will draft like. We could move up 25 spots to see all of the guys at our positions of need taken before that pick. 

 

Jernigan basically disappeared  later on in the season  last year. This is not something  new with him even though he had 5 sack last year which was a season best for him. What I find interesting is that even with his snap count being reduced later on in the season  his production didn't go up  or should I say it  didn't help him be more effective. Just like there isn't any guarantees that The Raven won't be able to get a great, good or even average player after moving 25 spots in the third there isn't any guarantee that Jernigan would be more consistent and actually make plays when needed.The guy came into training camp in great shape and still wasn't consistent last year . 

Edited by jazz1988
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jazz1988 said:

 

Jernigan basically disappeared  later on in the season  last year. This is not something  new with him even though he had 5 sack last year which was a season best for him. What I find interesting is that even with his snap count being reduced later on in the season  his production didn't go up  or should I say it  didn't help him be more effective. Just like there isn't any guarantees that The Raven won't be able to get a great, good or even average player after moving 25 spots in the third there isn't any guarantee that Jernigan would be more consistent and actually make plays when needed The guy came into training camp in great shape and still wasn't consistent last year . 

This.  He did nothing in the last four games.  All of his sacks came in the first half of the season.

6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Supychou said:

Well, first, it is not going to. It will possibly.
Second, you can see the difference in the secondary when Jernigan was on fire to passrush at the beginning of the season and when he was lame at the end.

So, losing the second best passrusher on the team could hurt your defense, yes.

The main difference in the secondary was losing Jimmy.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Supychou said:

Well, first, it is not going to. It will possibly.
Second, you can see the difference in the secondary when Jernigan was on fire to passrush at the beginning of the season and when he was lame at the end.

So, losing the second best passrusher on the team could hurt your defense, yes.

There is no reason to get upset about just the average player. The fact he was our best rusher means exactly nothing - our rush majorly sucked last season. He's obviously not a long term guy in Ravens' eyes, so why wait 2 years to get something back?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, 757RavensFan said:

Kaufusi never made it out of TC and Henry never saw the field.  That's a bit of a stretch to think they can be starters. 

I'm thinking, they're expecting; Pierce, Urban and Carl Davis to provide an immediate impact.  With Kaufusi and Henry as rotational players. 

Like Pierce but not sold on him rushing the passer, Urban needs to stay healthy, haven't heard anything from Carl Davis. Was he injured all last year or something? Think Urban or Davis suddenly becoming starters is stretching things, we are just naming guys on the roster at this point and hoping they can step up.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 52520Andrew said:

Like Pierce but not sold on him rushing the passer, Urban needs to stay healthy, haven't heard anything from Carl Davis. Was he injured all last year or something? Think Urban or Davis suddenly becoming starters is stretching things, we are just naming guys on the roster at this point and hoping they can step up.

Davis was on IR.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SepticeyePoe said:

Davis was on IR.

Ah gotcha, still think he is more a guy in the mold of a Pierce or Williams as opposed to a pass rushing threat inside. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moving up 25 spots just to create another hole on the team just seems dumb to me. People will say that we have guys to fill the position but absolutely none of them are proven. So we will need to draft another DE/DT.

We also lose another pass rusher. We may have the worst set of pass rushers in the league and that was before this move. OLB and an inside pass rusher need to be high picks this draft.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Ravens4Real said:

I don't want to hear anyone mention Jernigan as inconsistent and then try to say Carl Davis can replace him. It's just stupid. Davis is worse than Jernigan at disappearing. He managed to do it for the whole year outside of the preseason and a game or two early.

I don't think anyone saying he can replace Jernigan but it obvious the guy can be pretty good player if he's more consistent .  Jernigan or no Jernigan The Ravens need to find the next Terrell Suggs in this draft.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They have to believe that Carl Davis can step in and build off his early success when we drafted him....

 

I believe Davis has the ability to replace Timmy and surpass him. I am basing this solely off how he played when he first arrived here. Remember, he slipped into the 3rd round bc of his issues....Please get it together

-1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Moderator 3 said:

This.  He did nothing in the last four games.  All of his sacks came in the first half of the season.

Brandon Williams didn't really help stop teams from averaging 136 rushing yards per game those last 4 weeks, but we still (over)paid him.

Also, for all the focus on Jernigan's sack numbers, I think people are forgetting he was pretty good against the run.  And so was Guy.  As of right now, we've lost two very good run stoppers on the line AND lost two of the better pass rushers on the team (Jernigan and Dumervil).  A lot if depending on young unknown guys from 4 different spots in the front 7 (OLB, ILB, and two D-lineman)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

pick 74 could be a valuable asset to trade up in this draft.

teams generally want picks when trading down and not players.

jernigan was going in a contract year anyways and was not that productive unless you count dumb penalties.
odds are we would not have resigned him and he was not playing at a level to notch a 3rd round comp.

cant be that mad though.
next man up.

we are losing 1 tackle and a sack per 3 to 4 games.
impressive to some here i guess...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't get why everyone thinks he would've balled out in a contract year. He has been incredibly inconsistent and there's no reason to believe some financial motivation would have changed things. Not everyone can jus change because the circumstances call for it. You would think if he really wanted a fat contract he would've balled out for the first 3 years as well, and tbh if a player slacks for 3 years because they know they don't need to work hard and produce until the contract year so they can get paid... well I'm not sure I want that guy on the team. 

I'll take 25 spots in the third in THIS draft over a late 4th(what I think he would've netted us) all day. I don't think we'll miss Jernigan. 

Also, willie Henry, were looking at you, time to go.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hate this trade, to me there is no value here at all. We trade them one of our valuable D-line pieces and a pass rushing asset-(an area we are already lacking) and all we get is to move up 20 spots in the 3rd round??? Boooooooo

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if we were a really good team i'd have no issue with this trade..but we aren't..

 

truth is that i don't see where the sacks are going to come from, where the O line is going to come from and the WR core.

 

if you think the draft will solve this then you're all in la la land. Might get 1-2 good players and the rest...not good enough. 

Edited by Sami84
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Supychou said:

Well, first, it is not going to. It will possibly.
Second, you can see the difference in the secondary when Jernigan was on fire to passrush at the beginning of the season and when he was lame at the end.

So, losing the second best passrusher on the team could hurt your defense, yes.

You don't think maybe losing the top cb had something to do with that?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL, you guys take comments way to seriously. I be just reading the things you guys be saying. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

What if say... a guy like Elflein is available at 74 and wouldn't have been at 99 and moving Jernigan is the difference between us landing a franchise C for the next 10 years or picking a backup CB or something. 

 

This move will be judged on how Pierce/Henry play and what we get at 74. Period. 

I don't like elflein at all really. Pierce flashed. Henry is an elite athlete for a big dude. But not a football player. I read on here last year he reportedly ran in the 4.8-4.9 range predraft. But he is not a football player at this juncture.

Edited by PurpleHorseman
-1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sami84 said:

if we were a really good team i'd have no issue with this trade..but we aren't..

 

truth is that i don't see where the sacks are going to come from, where the O line is going to come from and the WR core.

 

if you think the draft will solve this then you're all in la la land. Might get 1-2 good players and the rest...not good enough. 

Well last year we got 3 starters and another very good young edge defender who looks to be or next starter. So your 1-2 good players assessment is pretty much baseless.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

Well last year we got 3 starters and another very good young edge defender who looks to be or next starter. So your 1-2 good players assessment is pretty much baseless.

1

taking quite a chance..most of the drafts are a lot less prosperous AND we had a bucketload of picks last year. This year we only have 7. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By trading Jernigan and a 3rd round pick we should have received their 2nd round pick. That would have shown the value. But only getting 3rd round pick in return does not show or feel like there is any value. Maybe the front office is planning to move up in the draft.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be lying if I said I liked the terms of this trade, but with the draft right around the corner I'm not going to act as if the sky is falling. Davis and Henry are interesting options for replacements and I was sure before this move that we'd be taking a Dlineman at some point in teh draft, now its a virtual certainly in my mind.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, hn68wb4 said:

I'd be lying if I said I liked the terms of this trade, but with the draft right around the corner I'm not going to act as if the sky is falling. Davis and Henry are interesting options for replacements and I was sure before this move that we'd be taking a Dlineman at some point in teh draft, now its a virtual certainly in my mind.

5

davis looks as convincing of a bust as i've seen. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Sunday QB said:

By trading Jernigan and a 3rd round pick we should have received their 2nd round pick. That would have shown the value. But only getting 3rd round pick in return does not show or feel like there is any value. Maybe the front office is planning to move up in the draft.

 

hahah this FO? more likely will try and get 4 4th rounders by trading back in the 2nd round  2-3 times.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While Jernigan was "inconsistent as hell", he was still a valuable defensive player that we traded for someone uncertain. We're a mediocre team right now before the draft, if you can even call us that. This leaves another hole for us as Timmy was a starter. Some here will defend Ozzie no matter what, even after missing the playoffs for two years in a row. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sami84 said:

davis looks as convincing of a bust as i've seen. 

Then you must not watch much football. Makes sense given your other opinions actually.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Davis is a guy the staff grew tired of because of a perceived lack of effort.  It plagued him at Iowa as well which is why he fell to the 3rd despite having every tool it takes to be an effective NFL player.  This trade to me makes no sense because theres nothing behind him.  Why not roll the dice, see if he has a big contract year and then get a potential 3rd/4th round comp pick anyways?  You traded your only quick twitch athlete on the line and a 3rd to move up 20 spots?  Bizarre.  Now Urban, a guy who has had 2 season ending injuries and Kaufusi, who hasn't even played an NFL snap are your interior rushers...yikes.

Edited by Bltravens
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hn68wb4 said:

Then you must not watch much football. Makes sense given your other opinions actually.

:/ you're incorrect there. Do the homework.I'm the one who said no to elam and perriman to a world record number of negs.

 

Davis has been invisible for the past 2 years and when hes played..aside from 1 game he's been awful..last year he was put on IR because he wasn't ready..dont let his minor injury fool you.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now