757RavensFan

Jernigan traded to the Eagles

282 posts in this topic

Traded to the Eagles in return for their 74th pick. I think it's an awesome trade given that he would be gone next year!

Was it a swap? Dang! I thought it was straight up #74... Well in this year's draft that is certainly a big deal.

Seems odd that we traded the 99th pick instead of 4th or 5th rounder. 

Seems like we should have at least picked up a 6th or 7th as well from them. Oh well it's done now 

Edited by jdynamite

I would like it more if it was Timmy traded for the 74th pick straight up. 

Just now, jdynamite said:

I would like it more if it was Timmy traded for the 74th pick straight up. 

totally agree this moving up crap just has me concerned kind of.

wow, headscratcher, a contract year he would of balled out of his mind like previous players who cashed in FA.

What a dumb move! What a horrendous trade. A player that is very likely to ball out in a contract year was traded for a swapped pick. 

Trying to make patriot like deals yet we aren't really getting squat. 

So our comp pick will come 25 picks prior to where we would have selected.

How much money do we save?

1 minute ago, ALSKAN RAVEN FAN said:

So our comp pick will come 25 picks prior to where we would have selected.

How much money do we save?

1M

9 minutes ago, Purple_City39 said:

Hate it.  It's his contract year.  Watch him ball out for Philly.  All for a swap of picks

Yeah then we'll complain on the New board about how we lost him and didn't resign him. He wouldn't have gotten us a high comp pick like Wagner will. 

I'm happy we got something for him that benefits us now opposed to 2 years from now.

1 minute ago, omar586 said:

wow, headscratcher, a contract year he would of balled out of his mind like previous players who cashed in FA.

We don't know that...

and maybe they like Pierce that much. I mean if they were planning on playing Pierce over him anyways, weren't going to resign him, and like Henry's development so far.... they essentially moved up a round (25 spots).

Yea on the surface it's a curious move but I imagine the reason will become clear. 

Whether that's Pierce, Henry or someone they have sights on in the draft. Who knows?? 

But if it helps us be able to land a really good player we wouldn't have been able to at 99 I'll be ok with it. 

I would of preferred trading our round 4 and round6 or even round5 to have 3 round 3 picks in this particular draft. Or even a pick next year to have 3 picks in round 3 this in this yrs draft

Edited by PurpleHorseman

24 minutes ago, omar586 said:

23 minutes ago, RavensDieHard21 said:

What a dumb move! What a horrendous trade. A player that is very likely to ball out in a contract year was traded for a swapped pick. 

I'm on the fence on this.  

Let him stay and have a good year and cash out during FA and probably get a 3rd round comp for him in 2019.

OR

trying to capitalize this year b/c they have some players they really like that will be available early in the 3rd. 

Edited by 757RavensFan

this is baffling to me because since the 99th pick ( osemele comp pick)  is apart of the trade, doesn't feel like they got much. 

Jernigan could have played out the season earned a big contract and got us another future 3rd round comp pick. 

Should be interesting to have two early 3rd rounders. 

Just now, 757RavensFan said:

I'm on the fence on this.  

Let him stay and have a good year and cash out during FA and probably get a 3rd round comp for him in 2018.

OR

trying to capitalize this year b/c they have some players they really like that will be available early in the 3rd. 

I'm guessing the "OR"....

A combo of really liking Pierce and wanting he and BWill to be our NT/DT combo and having a bunch of highly rated players in the top 75 that prob weren't going to be available at 99.

Honestly if Pierce takes that next step and we land a good player at 74, no complaints here. 

2 minutes ago, RavensDieHard21 said:

I was thinking about a dumb move too but after thinking about it make sense too. Here is why;

1- Timmy is at the end of his contract. So we might lose next year. Now people will say well we would have get a comp for him. Here is the thing, next year we will have more cap space. Thus the FO is thinking about next year move. Maybe we will sign more players than we lose in next year free agency. So getting some thing for him now in this defensive loaded draft is smart.

2-There was report that Timmy was not happy with his playing time. So he might have some issue with the coach staff. So better to move from him.

So see my points why it is a good move.

I don't like it for the shear fact that he was pretty much the only semblance of interior pass rush we had, even though the back half of his season was pretty atrocious.  With that being said, there seem to be quite a few allusions to it being more than an on the field decision.  Apparently he didn't take it too well when his playing time was reduced late in the season.  Coming from a strictly on field perspective, I don't like it.  If it's deeper than that, I guess you could say I'm okay with it.

He did disappear from the stat sheet for like 4 weeks to close out the season. 

I'm interested to see if this is simply a cost move or if there's actually some faith in Pierce/Henry to handle the 3T snaps. 

Three 3rd rounders would have be sweet though.  I had a big smile on my face until I saw we parted with the 99th. 

Also remember, the DL depth in this draft was something they probably took into consideration. 

4 minutes ago, JO_75 said:

Yeah then we'll complain on the New board about how we lost him and didn't resign him. He wouldn't have gotten us a high comp pick like Wagner will. 

I'm happy we got something for him that benefits us now opposed to 2 years from now.

It wouldn't have been two years, would have been next year.

And a d-lineman that's pretty good against the run but can also rush the passer would have definitely netted a decent comp pick.  Unless he gets injured, I can't imagine Jernigan not getting 10M a season when whatever teams signs him next year. 

I'm ok with trading Jernigan but l wanted the whole 3rd round pick in return not just swapping picks. Eagles got Jernigan just by swapping picks. They really didn't lose nothing in this trade. I didn't like it. 

Edited by hen826957

Another thing to keep in mind... Jernigan was already losing snaps to Pierce.

That could have been expected to continue this coming season where potentially Pierce is the starter at the 3T. 

If that's the case it hurts Jernigans market value where you're much less likely to see a high comp pick for him. 

So if we moved what was viewed as a rotational DL player to guarantee a return and get us another Top 75 pick in a draft they see as loaded in that range (but with a steep fall off afterward) then it's not terrible. 

And if the rumblings are true that there was something behind the scenes... then all the better. 

5 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

I don't like it for the shear fact that he was pretty much the only semblance of interior pass rush we had, even though the back half of his season was pretty atrocious.  With that being said, there seem to be quite a few allusions to it being more than an on the field decision.  Apparently he didn't take it too well when his playing time was reduced late in the season.  Coming from a strictly on field perspective, I don't like it.  If it's deeper than that, I guess you could say I'm okay with it.

i feel like his bone headed penalties outweighed his non consistent field production

Edited by eek

4 minutes ago, jdynamite said:

this is baffling to me because since the 99th pick ( osemele comp pick)  is apart of the trade, doesn't feel like they got much. 

Jernigan could have played out the season earned a big contract and got us another future 3rd round comp pick. 

Should be interesting to have two early 3rd rounders. 

Or he could have played like he did last year and just netted them fourth or fifth round comp pick. I like the move and Ravens moved up from  99th overall pick in the draft to having 75th overall pick in the draft which is win especially in deep defensive draft.