BR News

[News] Ravens Will Take A Ship To London Game

35 posts in this topic

The Ravens will set sail from the Port of Baltimore immediately after their Week 2 game and arrive on the other side of the Atlantic well rested, better bonded, and ready to face the Jacksonville Jaguars.

View the full article

If I were a player, this would be incredible news. As a fan, I'm thinking that they better not lose this London game now.

Let's travel the Atlantic during hurricane season. Good idea. This has to be an April Fools skit.

If I were a player, this would be incredible news. As a fan, I'm thinking that they better not lose this London game now.

This is one of the two road wins I have them penciled in for. Now I'm not so sure.

How about we just leave after the week two home game on a flight and get there six days early to get acclimated?

IDK, it's hard to believe they'd have a place to put a full 100Yd football field on the cruise ship, especially one that departs from Baltimore because they have to be in the smaller classes of ship to get under the bridge.
I do like the idea of having the whole team being able to bond and all but are they taking a plane back? Seems like you'd have the same time adjustment thing going on for week 4. I'm smelling a April fools thing here.

dumbest thing i have ever heard. sea sickness will affect a big part of the team. im sure this is an april fools joke.

I love cruising and I don't get sea sick, but I'm assuming some of the players will be sick and not able to practice.  I'm not sure this is a good thing or not.  I do see the benefits though.

they are chartering the WHOLE ship? are they taking any fans with them?

Very suspicious of this, especially since they mention the trip takes 7 days and they'll arrive just in time for kickoff.  Also mentions having Reynolds help navigate.  I wouldn't believe anything this "odd" today.

A North Atlantic cruise in September? Would hate to see their season get torpedoed before week 3.

... and now we'll have to wait a whole day to know for sure whether it's actual news or just 1 April... :)

(The "regulation-size onboard football field" thing seems to bhe a dead giveaway though...)

Edited by bioLarzen

I'm still waiting for the shutting down of these board to be a bad early April fools day joke.. Big mistake from the front office.

Wow! This is so April fool's day! Makes zero sense from every logical perspective but a great attempt to fool for sure.

The biggest cruise ship ever built is barely wide enough to house a regulation sized football field. Yeah.. nice try.

The biggest cruise ship ever built is barely wide enough to house a regulation sized football field. Yeah.. nice try.

Doubt they'll need a full-width football field for a practice week.

Most of the indoor training facilities that teams have don't include a full-width indoor field either.