letitgosometimes

How will the Ravens lift the weight of "8 and 8"?

77 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, RavensFanMania said:

Do you realize that this forum is in the English language.  You should learn that first before trying to understand the salary cap, which you clearly do not.  

Don't bother. He's trolling everybody by doing this.

8 minutes ago, rmcjacket23 said:

Well, just to be clear about one thing that needs reiterating...

Tony Romo mostly sat the bench last year because he got injured in the preseason. If he never gets injured, nobody knows who Dak Prescott is. That takes an incredible amount of "luck" for things to happen the way they did for the Cowboys last season. There was zero foresight from the Cowboys organization that Dak was actually better than Tony and would have won an outright competition over him, so lets not give too much credit. I give them credit for drafting him and evaluating him the way they did, but not for some perception that they actually chose him over Romo, because that didn't really happen.

If people think they can adopt this model from Dallas, then they will be fools and they will fail miserably doing so.

Joe isn't going anywhere. It makes no financial sense. It makes no production sense.

Oh I fully agree.  Just using that as an example to say the cap hit wouldn't be crippling for a backup QB but pretty much all the stars, planets, and galaxies would need to align perfectly which isn't likely

8 hours ago, Purple_City39 said:

In all honesty, if the Ravens were stupid enough to cut/trade Joe with a post June 1 designation (if cut), they could manage it.  Don't down vote me just yet lol.  They could take the 6M in savings and not touch it, rolling it to next year to offset a little of that cap hit for Joe's dead money, bringing it down from 29M to 23M.  That's huge, but we did just see the Cowboys take a 22M cap hit for Romo to ride the bench all season.  Of course we'd need pretty good QB play from Mallet all season which seems laughable to imagine, we'd need an o-line that's the best in the NFL, we'd need to draft the best rookie class in history that all become day 1 starters, and then we'd need every starter to stay healthy all year...........

That said, this would easily be the stupidest thing the Ravens front office has ever done without question and would cause me to do nothing but call for them all to be fired and Bischotti to sell the team due to pure incompetence.  But in theory, there's a 1% chance it works out somehow

to be even about it we are in this mess cuz of the front office what they have had to say about it since 2012 has us where we r.  if u think this team is 1 draff from turnin  it all aroun mor power to ya.  this has been about damage control for y rs now

7 hours ago, rmcjacket23 said:

Well, just to be clear about one thing that needs reiterating...

Tony Romo mostly sat the bench last year because he got injured in the preseason. If he never gets injured, nobody knows who Dak Prescott is. That takes an incredible amount of "luck" for things to happen the way they did for the Cowboys last season. There was zero foresight from the Cowboys organization that Dak was actually better than Tony and would have won an outright competition over him, so lets not give too much credit. I give them credit for drafting him and evaluating him the way they did, but not for some perception that they actually chose him over Romo, because that didn't really happen.

If people think they can adopt this model from Dallas, then they will be fools and they will fail miserably doing so.

Joe isn't going anywhere. It makes no financial sense. It makes no production sense.

sur the dallas pitcher does show u can ride a draff pic and eat cap it sur do all the way and thks for pointin that out mjacket we not goin afta dak we got an identafid target in 2018 cuz iits time and has to be done as far as ur other bad point im serreous as a hart attack.  joe is killin us and we gotta get the poison out. if ur up to it join us in the draff contest lets see who knows there playas

Edited by RayRayRaven

My post for reporting this slandering gets deleted yet the insult remains? I thought reporting stuff like this was part of how the board works?

54 minutes ago, PurpleHorseman said:

My post for reporting this slandering gets deleted yet the insult remains? I thought reporting stuff like this was part of how the board works?

Good question

3 hours ago, PurpleHorseman said:

2 hours ago, usmccharles said:

Good question

Yep, just use the Report feature instead of hijacking a thread.

On 4/4/2017 at 4:16 PM, Moderator 3 said:

Yep, just use the Report feature instead of hijacking a thread.

The thread was already hijacked. But you ignored it for a day as usual. But if RayRay made the same insult you would be all over it in minutes. What report icon are you referring to? It is not showing.

6 hours ago, PurpleHorseman said:

What report icon are you referring to? It is not showing.

At the top of the post, next to the timestamp.  There is a Report Post link.

20 minutes ago, letitgosometimes said:

The question remains unanswered.

win more than 8 games

On 4/18/2017 at 0:33 AM, usmccharles said:

win more than 8 games

Correct logic, but not probable outcome.  The owner needs to make changes at the top or simply sit back and watch mediocrity, at best.   

23 minutes ago, letitgosometimes said:

Correct logic, but not probable outcome.  The owner needs to make changes at the top or simply sit back and watch mediocrity, at best.   

Man you just gotta letigosometimes, especially when wrong.   lol

18 hours ago, letitgosometimes said:

I know right.  The sky is falling.   If only we were making changes on the roster and signing playmakers.  They should also come up with this thing where we can pick younger players before they make the NFL.  You are making such good points.  I think you have swayed me

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 8:12 PM, letitgosometimes said:

let the good times hes ready doin that. its calld watchful waitin hes already a cuple yrs behind makin the change agree 8-8 wuld be overcheivin