757RavensFan

Timmy Jernigan - Trade rumors

190 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, ALSKAN RAVEN FAN said:

very true but comp picks are no guarantee. Personally I would like to Jernigan but he is going to want top $ and I cant blame him for that. 

My point is more that if he plays well enough that we can't keep him then we likely get a good pick which means he probably was worth keeping for the year and if he doesn't play well then he's more likely to be affordable to maybe re-sign / he wouldn't be worth re-signing anyway

he either plays well enough for a pick or he's cheap - either of those options are better to me than picking up a late 4th (at best) for him - there's no way he's going to win us a better pick than a 4th going into his final year

10 minutes ago, rossihunter2 said:

Given how that offense and robinson sputtered I find it hard to believe bortles locked onto robinson...

doan know if this will link

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/27589/

fyi hurns  yac is betta I'm tellin ya oz wont even look by the way most targetd was becham wiff 180

Edited by RayRayRaven

27 minutes ago, ALSKAN RAVEN FAN said:

Sounds good to me if they are not going to be able to extend him and just end up letting him go in free agency next year then try and get something for him. I would like to keep Jernigan but at what price.

24 minutes ago, rossihunter2 said:

But if he plays his way out of Baltimore this coming year then we likely get a 3rd/4th round comp pick for him anyway...

There is always the possibility that Jernigan plays his best football in a contract year....gets 7 or 8 sacks AND yields a third round compensatory pick next year.

1 hour ago, RayRayRaven said:

no jus sayin have nevah been high on jerigan. nevah once. like joey flex says he bout dissapears afta a play or to. he has no gas tank.  this post was bout gettin somethin for him an tho joey is dead wrong on allen hurns we need him ill tell ya what hurns has that joe really really really needs. hurns can seperate in a ny minute which is 2 secons.  ur fine to not like my trade but hurns had 10tds two yrs back and was beat up all yr last.  but heres ya question why do the jags have all these ball catchas and we doan?

No offense but can you spell because your grammar is way off in most of the post l seen you. Or you just writing that way just for fun? It's kinda hard for me to understand your post sometimes. 

Edited by hen826957

2 minutes ago, Edgar said:

There is always the possibility that Jernigan plays his best football in a contract year....gets 7 or 8 sacks AND yields a third round compensatory pick next year.

That's what I was suggesting - it's why I'd rather keep him

5 minutes ago, rossihunter2 said:

What does that link prove other than the fact that Allen robinson is a human who exists in the NFL...

well it show a cuple things it show that robinson had two straigth 151 target yrs it show his yds and tds was down even thou he was the feeture. mostly cuz boretles was bad it mean that hurns who was hurt all yr and missed the last 5 games was also less efective and under statd. it means both are betta than there numbas but the real diamand in the ruft is a guy his qb has burried and hidden from view. this guy is there for us but we wont get him

7 minutes ago, RayRayRaven said:

well it show a cuple things it show that robinson had two straigth 151 target yrs it show his yds and tds was down even thou he was the feeture. mostly cuz boretles was bad it mean that hurns who was hurt all yr and missed the last 5 games was also less efective and under statd. it means both are betta than there numbas but the real diamand in the ruft is a guy his qb has burried and hidden from view. this guy is there for us but we wont get him

Why would bortles being absolutely terrible disproportionately affect hurns more than robinson?

8 minutes ago, rossihunter2 said:

Why would bortles being absolutely terrible disproportionately affect hurns more than robinson?

well robinsoon was down 500 yds and yac and tds and all. u wuld have had to watch games like me with sunday ticket. hurns was down 300 yds but missd a lot of games rely wasn't disportionate was injury and boretles goin bad still it burried hurns and he is great value an they wuld take jerigan for him. now I have to go its world of warships

Edited by RayRayRaven

39 minutes ago, rossihunter2 said:

My point is more that if he plays well enough that we can't keep him then we likely get a good pick which means he probably was worth keeping for the year and if he doesn't play well then he's more likely to be affordable to maybe re-sign / he wouldn't be worth re-signing anyway

he either plays well enough for a pick or he's cheap - either of those options are better to me than picking up a late 4th (at best) for him - there's no way he's going to win us a better pick than a 4th going into his final year

But a late 4th round pick is what Oz does best but either way we have no control on what happens. 

4 minutes ago, ALSKAN RAVEN FAN said:

But a late 4th round pick is what Oz does best but either way we have no control on what happens. 

maybe but u doan get playmakers in the 4th round. that the problem

6 minutes ago, RayRayRaven said:

maybe but u doan get playmakers in the 4th round. that the problem

Jared Allen, Charles Haley, Steve Largent, Darren Sproles,John Stallworth and Rich Gannon all were selected in the 4th round

Larry Centers, KGB, Rodney Harrison, Robert Mathis, Hardy Nickerson, Zach Thomas and Herschel Walker all were selected in the 5th round

Tom Brady, Terrell Davis, Jay Novacek and Adalius Thomas were all selectd in the 6th round

Marques Colston, Donold Driver, TJ Housmandzadeh, Michael McCrary and Shannon Sharpe all selected in the 7th round 

Players and playmakers are out there they just got to find them.

2 minutes ago, ALSKAN RAVEN FAN said:

Jared Allen, Charles Haley, Steve Largent, Darren Sproles,John Stallworth and Rich Gannon all were selected in the 4th round

Larry Centers, KGB, Rodney Harrison, Robert Mathis, Hardy Nickerson, Zach Thomas and Herschel Walker all were selected in the 5th round

Tom Brady, Terrell Davis, Jay Novacek and Adalius Thomas were all selectd in the 6th round

Marques Colston, Donold Driver, TJ Housmandzadeh, Michael McCrary and Shannon Sharpe all selected in the 7th round 

Okay, the overwhelming majority of players selected in rounds 4 and onward are not big time playmakers.  Yes there are exceptions but there is a reason the majority of 4th round picks are not picked in the first 3 rounds and yes i am sure there is a chance that 1 of the 150 players drafted after the 3rd round will turn into a playmaker but its going to be mostly luck that determines that because if you honestly think you have a high skill player they are not going to last that long.

12 minutes ago, ALSKAN RAVEN FAN said:

Tavon young, Alex Lewis, Kenneth Dixon, Dennis Pitts, juice, Jarrett johnson just off the top of my head for the Ravens as well

48 minutes ago, RayRayRaven said:

well robinsoon was down 500 yds and yac and tds and all. u wuld have had to watch games like me with sunday ticket. hurns was down 300 yds but missd a lot of games rely wasn't disportionate was injury and boretles goin bad still it burried hurns and he is great value an they wuld take jerigan for him. now I have to go its world of warships

So the Jags are just gonna give us Hurns for Jernigan?

Even though they already signed Malik Jackson and Calais Campbell the past 2 seasons?

And they have young, recently drafted DTs that they like as well. 

But theyre going to just give up a young, very good starter at WR for what would be a back up DT for them?

How do you know this? Or what would give you the idea that it's even remotely possible? They have no need for Jernigan... and even if they did why would they give up a high end playmaker when just a mid/late rd draft pick would do??

9 minutes ago, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

Even though they already signed Malik Jackson and Calais Campbell the past 2 seasons?

But theyre going to just give up a young, very good starter at WR for what would be a back up DT for them?

How do you know this? Or what would give you the idea that it's even remotely possible? They have no need for Jernigan... and even if they did why would they give up a high end playmaker when just a mid/late rd draft pick would do??

If I'm honest though I think this entire discussion is virtually null and void - it came from a random Lombardi tweet with no sources or anything and Hensley has since suggested it would require way more draft capital to get it done than anyone will give us if the rumour is even true

7 minutes ago, rossihunter2 said:

If I'm honest though I think this entire discussion is virtually null and void - it came from a random Lombardi tweet with no sources or anything and Hensley has since suggested it would require way more draft capital to get it done than anyone will give us if the rumour is even true

I agree. 

He just stated that the Jags will give us Hurns for Jernigan. Done deal. 

What??

15 minutes ago, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

I agree. 

He just stated that the Jags will give us Hurns for Jernigan. Done deal. 

What??

Who did, Hensley?

If that's really a deal, I am very happy.

23 minutes ago, allblackraven said:

Who did, Hensley?

no, it was ray ray

1 hour ago, ALSKAN RAVEN FAN said:

whoevah was sayin oz is good in the 4th. jus sayin no he is not

1 hour ago, rossihunter2 said:

Tavon young, Alex Lewis, Kenneth Dixon, Dennis Pitts, juice, Jarrett johnson just off the top of my head for the Ravens as well

well thar ya go. pitta mighta been a playmaka the champions yr but that's all

1 hour ago, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

well now that I called hurns as da m an everone is in on it! cept joey flex who says he aint nada.  someone was sayin trade him for  robinson I said u'd have a betta chance with hurns. welcom to the draff contest where everyon stands on there own!

43 minutes ago, allblackraven said:

Who did, Hensley?

ya hurnss was a free agent if I rememba right. he could be avail but oz wont do it. tradin jerigan for him wuld be the play

Edited by RayRayRaven

21 minutes ago, RayRayRaven said:

ya hurnss was a free agent if I rememba right. he could be avail but oz wont do it. tradin jerigan for him wuld be the play

Bah. Stop. You are either troll or really dumb.

Hurns is not FA, signed last year. If he was, how do you propose trade for FA would look like? Ozzie traded Jernigan to FA for Hurns?

Moron

Take nothing less than a 3rd for him. I will be so heated if we trade him away for anything less.

8 hours ago, allblackraven said:

Bah. Stop. You are either troll or really dumb.

Hurns is not FA, signed last year. If he was, how do you propose trade for FA would look like? Ozzie traded Jernigan to FA for Hurns?

Moron

hurns was a undraffed free agent to get him id send jerigan and sweetening the pot if needed with say a 4th or higher that oz wuld misplay any ways I do believe he wuld fit us like a glove an we need ball catchas to boot so who is smarta the jags or us.  first u hav to know of ur need secondsly you hav to plan how to get where ya need to go and jerigan can help us do thatg u liked the idea and I'm tellin u this hurns is gonna explod

Edited by RayRayRaven

1 hour ago, Rav'n Maniac said:

Lmao, They really need to outlaw inbreeding.

3 minutes ago, Purple Punishment said:

So many grammar issues here....

RayRay is trollin, look at his posts from when he first joined the boards

23 minutes ago, Natural Born Hitters said:

Yeah I've seen him type perfectly normal many times, accidentally I assume. 

12 hours ago, RayRayRaven said:

whoevah was sayin oz is good in the 4th. jus sayin no he is not

well thar ya go. pitta mighta been a playmaka the champions yr but that's all

well now that I called hurns as da m an everone is in on it! cept joey flex who says he aint nada.  someone was sayin trade him for  robinson I said u'd have a betta chance with hurns. welcom to the draff contest where everyon stands on there own!

Don't put words in my mouth you imbecile. I said Robinson is the better receiver and better fit for us. Never said hurns "ain't nada"

Edited by JoeyFlex5

26 minutes ago, Jonah DeVito said:

Yeah I've seen him type perfectly normal many times, accidentally I assume. 

50 minutes ago, Natural Born Hitters said:

Yeah he probably is but hey, at least we get free entertainment out of it right?

Superbowels and University of Southern Man California are the hardest I have laughed on here in a while

5 hours ago, 52520Andrew said:

Yeah he probably is but hey, at least we get free entertainment out of it right?

Superbowels and University of Southern Man California are the hardest I have laughed on here in a while

It's only funny because you went to that school you fool :P