757RavensFan

Timmy Jernigan - Trade rumors

190 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, 757RavensFan said:

A few posts on Twitter that the Ravens are in talks to trade him.  

What are we going to get in return?

7 minutes ago, 757RavensFan said:

Not seeing anything from Zrebiec, Hensley, La Canfora, Schefter, or anyone who matters. Who is tweeting this?

Moreover, I wouldn't be a fan of the move. Jernigan is the only guy we have who brings any interior pressure at all. What's the plan if we move him? Sign Art Jones? :D

Edited by The Raven

Would be crazy if true.  I'd really question what this team is thinking if they gave a predominant run stopper a huge deal instead of our best interior rusher, even with the inconsistencies.

I would not trade him nor sign Arthur Jones. I would keep Timmy one year and see how things goes during the season. However if they can trade him for a second rd pick this year then I am ALL in.

While I find it very hard to believe this to be true, you do have to consider they just made Williams the highest paid NT in the NFL, have Jimmy as a very highly paid corner, Jefferson getting paid at S, and Mosley will be up in two years. 

I'd be much happier with him on the team than off.

I never thought they'd pay both Williams and Jernigan (and would have rather kept Timmy between the two) but I definitely still thought he'd at least finish out his rookie deal here.  Maybe they'll give Pierce his spot.  I'm curious as to what they could get for him

Seems crazy to believe but if The Raven feels like they have a good shot at replacing Timmy Jernigan through the draft  or believe they already have a replacement on the team then I guess it's makes sense to get what they can for Jernigan now than later since it may be impossible for them to re-sign him next year. 

Not gonna lie, it would be nice to have one of our 2nd round picks play their 2nd contract here. For crying out loud, it's almost like every 2nd round pick for us as of late has either flopped or played their way out of our price range.

If the deal is good then I can't complain. He's likely to be headed elsewhere next offseason and I doubt he can net us a 3rd round comp, so if we can get anything better than a late 4th then I'd say the deal was good. I would like to keep him around but we've got a couple potentially interesting pieces at DT with Henry and Davis, also I think the Dline class isn't bad, Jarron Jones and Nazair Jones would be good picks in the mid rounds. If the former can be coached up a bit to be more consistent then he'll be fantastic.

I don't love the idea that our starting Dline would only contain one starter from last year, but I don't think Jernigan would be that huge of a loss. He flashes quite a bit of ability but he's so inconsistent and sometimes just makes boneheaded plays - i.e. his fumble recovery, return, and subsequent fumble against the Jets was a doozy and that recovery probably would have sealed that game as a W.

Edited by hn68wb4

2nd round pick for Jernigan who's gone next year anyway is a coup. I'd be on board 100% 

Jernigans talent is real but his lack of consistency is frustrating. Some team really could make a play for him because they want to contribute now and have first dibs at getting him long term, trade for him and avoid a bidding war, extend him with a prove it deal. Makes sense. Doubt it happens though

11 minutes ago, Davesta said:

No way we're getting back a 2nd for him. Be lucky to get a 3rd

Where is Grigson when you need him?

He might throw us a 1 if we threw in pitta 

2 hours ago, Rav'n Maniac said:

LombardI also said the Seahawks were open to trading Richard Sherman. I doubt his credibility as he's never broken any big news before.

Thinking on this more, I'd execute that deal in a heartbeat for a third round pick. No question. 

Whether Lombardi is right or not, it's an intriguing idea, and one that I think does have merit. We've got lot of young bucks in the DL stable who can't develop for lack of snaps. Throw Urban and Henry out there. Henry as a really low floor because he's so raw, but his ceiling is gigantic -- higher than Jernigan's if he can ever figure out how to use his hands and leverage. 

13 minutes ago, JO_75 said:

LombardI also said the Seahawks were open to trading Richard Sherman. I doubt his credibility as he's never broken any big news before.

I'm with you JO. I posted it because others were asking where it came from. Although, I have to admit that it is enticing to consider.

Edited by Rav'n Maniac

Ravens had one of the worst pass rushing defenses in the league last year. Let's not get rid of our best one

4 minutes ago, Rav'n Maniac said:

I'm with you JO. I posted it because others were asking where it came from.

Not saying I wouldn't want it to happen if we can pull off a second or third round pick for him. He won't net us a high round comp pick so if we can trade him for higher than the compensatory pick we would have got, then awesome job Ozzie.

Timmy has shown flashes of being a great player, but is consistently inconsistent and just doesn't play smart. Would be great to get a second, or even a third for him. 

Yea just saw this. Confused at first but after thinking on it more it could make some sense. 

We most likely can't resign him... they may have even talked to his agent about getting an extension done early just to gauge his value and what he's looking for. If its way too much, and they like the young guys (Pierce, Davis, Henry) then it could make sense to get what you can now. 

A 3rd or better and you've really got to like it. 

Maybe we're looking for a player swap to shore up another hole like RT, C, LB, or WR. 

Jax was named specifically though I think just hypothetically. Aside from netting us one of the top picks in w/e round the pick could come from -- I wonder if we could be interested in a player. Their WRs are obviously attractive. 

Actually the fact that Jax was mentioned specifically makes me believe it even less. 

They signed Malik Jackson and Calais Campbell in back to back years and drafted Sheldon Day last year. 

Idk why they'd have interest in another DT they'd have to sign to big money next year. 

I wouldn't mind getting a young and talented WR for Jernigan. He won't be getting paid here anyways and we've atrociously neglected the WR corps. 

8 hours ago, 757RavensFan said:

That's a stunner! I never would've thought that but the more I think about it, sure makes sense. Where did you hear this?

2 hours ago, Tank 92 said:

Timmy has shown flashes of being a great player, but is consistently inconsistent and just doesn't play smart. Would be great to get a second, or even a third for him. 

Here's my logic on that. Why would we trade him for anything less than a 2nd? Think about it, we lose his game for a full year (this year) and then we let him walk next year because we couldn't afford to pay him (afford being the operative word). Jernigan will make silly bucks in the open market for sure and will assure us a 3rd round compensatory pick in 2019. I don't see us trading him for other than a 2nd round pick or an exchange for an equally impactful player. I would be disappointed if we just traded him now for anything less than a 2nd and lose his services for 2017...