• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BR News

[News] Durability A Big Part Of Why Ravens Signed Brandon Carr

11 posts in this topic

Brandon Carr has never missed an NFL game, and his 144 consecutive starts rank as the league’s longest active streak among cornerbacks. The Ravens also feel he fits what they do very well.

View the full article

35 minutes ago, TheConquerorWorm said:

Jinx...(Knocks on wood)

I was thinking the same thing.. Let's just not bring it back up the rest of the year because something always seems to happen. I am a huge fan of the "new" strength and conditioning program they will be running this year.

Looks like Ozzie and Co. are bringing "Physicality" to the secondary! Loving every move thus far like I always do! Welcome to the Flock Mr Carr!

Good signing... anyone have a clue why Watson is still on the roster? Does the date he is cut affect the dead money or is there some other consideration?

Ozzie signs Jimmy to a large contract and then you have to hire a on call replacement. Don't exspect Young to stay when his 4 years are up.

18 hours ago, Crusader said:

Ozzie signs Jimmy to a large contract and then you have to hire a on call replacement. Don't exspect Young to stay when his 4 years are up.

Why is that? Carr signed basically a 1 year deal and if Tavon plays as good as last year then he will most likely be the starter opposite of Jimmy in 2018 if we dont draft a corner high. I think he will do great in the Nickle spot and we run it alot..

I LOVE how the additions have given us some flexibility for the draft.

Me too!!!!! Only if we could add Mangold or Zach Brown to add to that!
So much talent between picks 20-60 this year. I really hope we chose more than once in the second. Whatever it takes to do so.
I also love the Carr signing. I think I would've puked on all my Ravens gear if we signed Claiborne instead.
Say we sign Zach Brown.
Here are 4 names that will probably all go in the second. And they all look like Ravens to me. I know there's about 1% chance we choose 4 times in the second, but here's my dream scenario.
Trade out of 16 and the first to get maybe an extra 2nd and 3rd. Also trade up to the second twice, leaving no first round picks, and 4 second round ones. I know it's a bit crazy, but I really think it would benefit us.
So sign Brown.
In the 2nd draft
Ju Ju Smith wr- EXACTLY what we need
Carl Lawson- nasty edge rusher with grit and power
Ethan Pocic- Big awesome Center for years
Chidobe Awuzie- 6 foot tough and excellent corner that could play inside and out. He's also gotten completely lost in this year corner class.

That would leave us with one "hole" on the whole team. A left Guard, or Right Tackle, depending on where Lewis is gonna play.

The second round is going to be more interesting to watch this year than the first imo. So many legit first rounders will go in the second.

On 3/21/2017 at 1:12 AM, RaRaRavens said:

I LOVE how the additions have given us some flexibility for the draft.

Me too!!!!! Only if we could add Mangold or Zach Brown to add to that!
So much talent between picks 20-60 this year. I really hope we chose more than once in the second. Whatever it takes to do so.
I also love the Carr signing. I think I would've puked on all my Ravens gear if we signed Claiborne instead.
Say we sign Zach Brown.
Here are 4 names that will probably all go in the second. And they all look like Ravens to me. I know there's about 1% chance we choose 4 times in the second, but here's my dream scenario.
Trade out of 16 and the first to get maybe an extra 2nd and 3rd. Also trade up to the second twice, leaving no first round picks, and 4 second round ones. I know it's a bit crazy, but I really think it would benefit us.
So sign Brown.
In the 2nd draft
Ju Ju Smith wr- EXACTLY what we need
Carl Lawson- nasty edge rusher with grit and power
Ethan Pocic- Big awesome Center for years
Chidobe Awuzie- 6 foot tough and excellent corner that could play inside and out. He's also gotten completely lost in this year corner class.

That would leave us with one "hole" on the whole team. A left Guard, or Right Tackle, depending on where Lewis is gonna play.

The second round is going to be more interesting to watch this year than the first imo. So many legit first rounders will go in the second.

Whoever put a "minus" on this...I agree! LOL it's too crazy. I put my new ideal draft on the Charles Harris Page