Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BR News

[News] Still All Love For Torrey Smith In Baltimore Even Though He's An Eagle Now

18 posts in this topic

Hope we told Boldin that we'd like to have him back this season. Would love to have his toughness and attitude back.......not to mention the 65 catches, great blocking, and 6 TD's.

why even write this garbage Torrey Smith was a one trick pony that i wish baltimore would forget about he stinks as a WR glad we didn't overpay him

Hope we told Boldin that we'd like to have him back this season. Would love to have his toughness and attitude back.......not to mention the 65 catches, great blocking, and 6 TD's.

Keep letting those box scores tell lies to you...

1 hour ago, whobilly said:

I guess you can't wait for Chris Moore to "Light It Up".

10 minutes ago, rmcjacket23 said:

So you admit Boldin is at Chris Moore's level?

I mean you referenced Moore instead of Perriman or Wallace or Pitta. Sounds like an admission to me.

And you can stop wasting your time by posting this everyday... he's not signing anywhere until at least July.

I did you a favor.

2 hours ago, whobilly said:

And you can stop wasting your time by posting this everyday... he's not signing anywhere until at least July.

I did you a favor.

Wow. Thank You. At least I know now that he won't be signing anywhere until July.

1 hour ago, rmcjacket23 said:

I mean you referenced Moore instead of Perriman or Wallace or Pitta. Sounds like an admission to me.

Translated.....We need receivers. Guess you didn't get the humor with the Moore reference.

I did you a favor.

Putting the back and forth aside, would you be ok with signing Boldin for a one year deal like Detroit got him for last year? 2 mill is small money.

2 hours ago, rmcjacket23 said:
  3 hours ago, whobilly said:

Translated.....We need receivers. Guess you didn't get the humor with the Moore reference.

Yup, we need YOUNG receivers with multi faceted skill sets.

I did you a favor.

Putting the back and forth aside, would you be ok with signing Boldin for a one year deal like Detroit got him for last year? 2 mill is small money.

No. I don't see the upside.

I don't care about 2017. The 2017 Ravens aren't going to be SB contenders, and Boldin doesn't have the capability to change that.

I care about building a team that in 2018 and beyond is a contender, and there's no reasonable scenario where Boldin is involved in that.

I also find all of this moot, considering there is precisely zero indication that he has interest whatsoever in playing in Baltimore.

I did you a favor.

Also, he earned $3.25M from Detroit last season, not $2M. He had several roster escalators where he earned another $1M roughly.

There was once a time when Baltimore fans pissed and moaned about our lack of speed. Possession receiver this and possession receiver that. Now we act like were to good for speed because we have 1 1/2 guys that are pretty fast . Torrey would have done well back with the Ravens

7 hours ago, BiggMack91 said:

why even write this garbage Torrey Smith was a one trick pony that i wish baltimore would forget about he stinks as a WR glad we didn't overpay him

It seems that Torrey Smith is a trigger for you my friend. Torrey Smith isn't going to get a lot of articles written about him on this website but there will be times when he does get a mention. I can't see the future but I can say with some amount of certainty that any articles abot Torrey going forward are most likely going to be similar to the one above. They are going to highlight his charity work, talk about his affinity for the area and describe the life long bonds which he shares with current and former Ravens players. I know, I know, its infuriating but I have a solution for your troubles Mack...... Don't click on articles that are about Torrey.

Edited by billiejean

7 hours ago, whobilly said:
  8 hours ago, rmcjacket23 said:
  10 hours ago, whobilly said:

I did you a favor.

I don't care about 2017. The 2017 Ravens aren't going to be SB contenders, and Boldin doesn't have the capability to change that.

I care about building a team that in 2018 and beyond is a contender, and there's no reasonable scenario where Boldin is involved in that.

I also find all of this moot, considering there is precisely zero indication that he has interest whatsoever in playing in Baltimore.

Why don't you think the Ravens are a play-off team? We got significantly better on defense & we play a much EASIER schedule this year (No Pats, No NFC East) - Bears, Vikings, Texans, Browns x2, Jags & Titans are all winnable games. Cincy lost most of their o-line. Colts, Dolphins, Squealers & Lions are a toss-up. Only really hard games are Green Bay & Oakland.

9 hours ago, rmcjacket23 said:
  10 hours ago, whobilly said:
  11 hours ago, rmcjacket23 said:
  13 hours ago, whobilly said:

I did you a favor.

Why don't you think the Ravens are a play-off team? We got significantly better on defense & we play a much EASIER schedule this year (No Pats, No NFC East) - Bears, Vikings, Texans, Browns x2, Jags & Titans are all winnable games. Cincy lost most of their o-line. Colts, Dolphins, Squealers & Lions are a toss-up. Only really hard games are Green Bay & Oakland.

1. I said nothing about being a playoff team. I said SB contenders. Very big difference there. 40% of the conference makes the playoffs. Not overly impressive.

2. You have absolutely no idea what our schedule will be like. Way too little information. Every year we look improved on paper. Every year there are stacks of winnable games, and recently, we've lost quite a few of them. Not like the AFC East or NFC East was so sort of juggernaut last season, and we still 5 times in those games.

Heck, we lose a game or two every year that we shouldn't when we actually are contenders.

3. If you want to talk paper, let's talk paper. We look better on defense, which was a unit we already were quite good at. And what about offensively? Lost a possession receiver, two starters on the Oline, and our starting Rb for 4 games.

Granted, it's March, so all this discussion about rosters and scheduling is a joke at this point, but nobody thinks we're better on offense right now.