BR News

[News] Eisenberg: Ozzie Newsome Already Knows He Has Work To Do On Offense

82 posts in this topic

i think Ozzie will trade down to pick up extra 4th & 5ths, i dont blame if he did, looking at last years draft, ozzie nailed it.

3 hours ago, The Mom Gene said:

I had assumed we were talking about that.. when Dumervil was mentioned.  Has he signed anywhere?

Im... by checking free agency, Doom is still on the market. Wouldn't be too bad to resign him on a cheaper deal but l think it's best to wait after the draft because we might draft a top pass rusher to replace him. If we struggling to get some rush, than it could be a good idea to resign him at a cheaper cost if he's still on the open market by then.

Edited by hen826957

A total 762 words, and the first 340 were completely superfluous. Looking for a cheap way to pad your production numbers? This kind of stuff is why so many people think that sports and intelligence are mutually exclusive.

Yea that first bit was cringeworthy.

Just a thought,
As far as our offense goes, we need to protect Joe so he feels comfortable in the pocket. We can't ask him to be Rothlesberger and he'd not getting any younger either. We have a pretty good line now but need to bring in a stout guy or two,
to fill in our offensive line. I believe since it is so hard to find a true #1 receiver, I think we'll rely on a lot of 6-10yd Playaction pass and run plays to our RB's, TE's and FB's and an occasional deep ball to Wallace and Perriman if, one of them beats coverage, then Pound it into the endzone if need be with our Elite RB behind an Elite front line.
SOoooooo,
If we're not sold on any of our RB's being "The guy" then we need to get one in the draft. That being the case, I see us drafting and RB and a LB very early. A WR or CB of quality can be found later and if they can't start and produce right away, it wouldn't be too bad because or offense is geared more towards the TE's, RB's and FB's and we picked up some vets in FA for our 2ndary that makes us better than last year I think.

On 3/18/2017 at 1:21 PM, bigcatfrank1 said:

Since we are on the topic of Rookies, The Ravens drafted strong last year and had a great post draft. So the ability to use those players has arrived. Here is a list ofthe last year rookies not to lose sight of: All of them look to be returning for a strong second year-

Ronnie Stanley- so glad Oz listened to me #1..lol, wow what a player. Wowzer

Micheal Pierce DT/NT - last year speaks for itself! All Pro in the making, wow

Tavon Young CB- I think he is as much a starter as anyone on the team. Wow

Matthew Judon OLB- This kid should be the replacement for Doom, big shoes to fill, but man did he shine at times last year,

Alex Lewis G/T- now back on the O line, can play G or T, when teamed up with Yanda or Stanley will shut down one side. Exciting young and on the verge of Pro bowl play.

Chris Moore WR- Wide receivers seem to perform better in their second year, ie Aiken, Periman, Torrey Smith, etc. especially for the Ravens. This kid could be something very special.

Maurice Canady CB- Canady showed sparks of tremendous talent in coverage, when tackling, on special teams and when put in at certain packages he played position well. The speed of the game in the backfield is about as fast as it gets on two legs. Here is a young talent who looks to have the legs.

Kennith Dixon RB- boy I hope this suspension doesn't hurt his development, I believe Ken showed that he was ready for the NFL. I would like to see him in the #2 role behind even a stronger #1 Running back ( no disrespect to West, Unfortunately I just think West is a proven #2). plug- D Murray-

Willie Henry DT- As with Lewis lost early in the season, this guy is a Beast!

Bronson Kaufusi DE- "ditto" I can't wait to see this kid in action! a Beast!

Stephane Nembot OT - Played very well on second squad, shows signs of great potential. It is time needed on the field that will tell the tale.

Matt Skura C- Matt flew under the radar last year, getting his development and NFL level experience on the PS. He could be much more the player that anyone expects.

Correa Kamalei LB- KO, down the list for a reason. Here is a player who got in fights with multiple veterans during camp last year. Who do you think won out in that deal? In my opinion, He had the sad awakening of becoming an NFL "team player" and I would bet you it started in the locker room. Get your head on straight KO, hopefully all leave last year behind them. If he uses the raw talent that everyone saw in the draft, there is huge potential. Its time to become a Pro.

Keenan Reynolds WR/KR- What does this kid have to offer? There has to be something he can do to participate, I am eager to see.

Patrick Onwuasor ILB- didn't see a lot of action, what play time was seen appeared to be solid. The jury is still out if he can become a starter, but there is potential to work with.

I am not sure any team in the NFL will return with this kind of Rookie class (+15), not including a couple additions from the off season. So lets go Sophomores, go get what you came for and give the veterans a run for their money!

Well, it looks as if Ozzie drafted a bunch of All-Pro's last year. That was probably one of the most homerish posts I've ever seen. Lol. 

Thank you for reading, if dont agree and it appears you do not, that is fine. Some may not be looking at it the same way.

What is very evident in my opinion is that the Ravens have a good returning class of Rookies. All the negative comments about poor selections can be quite dismantling. I think positive as much as I can.

ps, I only used All pro in regards to Pierce and Pro Bowl for Lewis.
So who is homerish

What Ozzie needs to do is nailing his 1st three rounds in the draft again. Since Flacco and Rice in 2008, we've struck out for 8 years-- no top shelf talent in any of those (sorry I'm not counting Jimmy Smith's 7 game seasons as top shelf). Get back to basics Ozzie.

And has anyone considered our off coord sucks? This is probably at least 50% of the problem on offense. Once we have a good coordinator, then we can assess what weaknesses we have. I guess we'll ruin the first 8 games this season waiting for Morninwhig to fall on his face.

And has anyone considered our off coord sucks? This is probably at least 50% of the problem on offense. Once we have a good coordinator, then we can assess what weaknesses we have. I guess we'll ruin the first 8 games this season waiting for Morninwhig to fall on his face.

Coaches coach and players play...

What Ozzie needs to do is nailing his 1st three rounds in the draft again. Since Flacco and Rice in 2008, we've struck out for 8 years-- no top shelf talent in any of those (sorry I'm not counting Jimmy Smith's 7 game seasons as top shelf). Get back to basics Ozzie.

KO would certainly be considered top shelf talent at a minimum.

You could argue based on the size of some of the contracts these guys have gotten that there are plenty more.

2 hours ago, GENE2407 said:

You could argue based on the size of some of the contracts these guys have gotten that there are plenty more.

Stanley? Moseley? Jernigan? Williams? Perriman? Carl Davis?
I would say they all are top shelf talent.

plus Upshaw and KO? who are not on the Team anymore.

At #4 - Juice, Urban, Za Smith, Tavon Young - again pretty high in their positions.

I think that injuries have hurt the Ravens a bit more than Draft. You have to remember that the Ravens have only picked in the top 10 once in that time and that was last year. The returning Rookie class is probably one of the strongest in the NFL.

heck just switching them every year is enough to throw things off. Its pretty obvious.
I would suspect that having the same OC for a second year is bound to help. So your opinion of Mornhinweg ( spell) will have to be taken as premature at this point in time.

It really is time we see an improvement in the offense. So we will have to see how it goes. I think Flacco will come back stronger and better which should improve the O all round, WR should get a boost, O line should be better once finalized, TE will be fine, Its the Running Game I am concerned with.

5 hours ago, bigcatfrank1 said:

heck just switching them every year is enough to throw things off. Its pretty obvious.
I would suspect that having the same OC for a second year is bound to help. So your opinion of Mornhinweg ( spell) will have to be taken as premature at this point in time.

It really is time we see an improvement in the offense. So we will have to see how it goes. I think Flacco will come back stronger and better which should improve the O all round, WR should get a boost, O line should be better once finalized, TE will be fine, Its the Running Game I am concerned with.

Just add Beastmode and call it a day.

9 hours ago, rmcjacket23 said:
  10 hours ago, GENE2407 said:

At #4 - Juice, Urban, Za Smith, Tavon Young - again pretty high in their positions.

I think that injuries have hurt the Ravens a bit more than Draft. You have to remember that the Ravens have only picked in the top 10 once in that time and that was last year. The returning Rookie class is probably one of the strongest in the NFL.

None of those guys are top shelf, sorry. Most have not made even a single pro bowl (which is not the be-all of awards, but it's something). Perriman and Davis are a joke..........all hype and absolutely nothing out of them so far. There's a huge difference between a starter and a star. Bart Scott was a starter...........Ray Lewis was a star. We got a team full of 4th and 5th round starters and it shows in our record every year now.

11 hours ago, bigcatfrank1 said:
  12 hours ago, rmcjacket23 said:
  13 hours ago, GENE2407 said:

None of those guys are top shelf, sorry. Most have not made even a single pro bowl (which is not the be-all of awards, but it's something). Perriman and Davis are a joke..........all hype and absolutely nothing out of them so far. There's a huge difference between a starter and a star. Bart Scott was a starter...........Ray Lewis was a star. We got a team full of 4th and 5th round starters and it shows in our record every year now.

Well KO is certainly top shelf by definition... that much is not debatable.

The rest is just arguing over whether somebody like a Pro Bowl actually matters (hint... it doesn't) or what actually constitutes "top shelf".

If you're singling out "top shelf" players as like current or future HOFers, then most teams are lucky to have one.

Would also point out the obvious fact that there are many teams that have 2-4 "top shelf" players on their team, and those teams really struggle to win 8 games every year.

10 hours ago, bigcatfrank1 said:

Just add Beastmode and call it a day.

He's retired and also isn't a FA yet if he were to un-retire.

Also he's not very good at this point.

John Ross looks like more than just a deep threat.........making him a Raven would be super interesting. Especially if he returned kicks at all

I don't think the Ravens would go for a Receiver in the first round again so soon. They Don't want to end up like the Detroit Lions did and Draft WR's every year in the first round and then turn into a Joke.

On 3/18/2017 at 1:21 PM, bigcatfrank1 said:

Since we are on the topic of Rookies, The Ravens drafted strong last year and had a great post draft. So the ability to use those players has arrived. Here is a list ofthe last year rookies not to lose sight of: All of them look to be returning for a strong second year-

Ronnie Stanley- so glad Oz listened to me #1..lol, wow what a player. Wowzer

Micheal Pierce DT/NT - last year speaks for itself! All Pro in the making, wow

Tavon Young CB- I think he is as much a starter as anyone on the team. Wow

Matthew Judon OLB- This kid should be the replacement for Doom, big shoes to fill, but man did he shine at times last year,

Alex Lewis G/T- now back on the O line, can play G or T, when teamed up with Yanda or Stanley will shut down one side. Exciting young and on the verge of Pro bowl play.

Chris Moore WR- Wide receivers seem to perform better in their second year, ie Aiken, Periman, Torrey Smith, etc. especially for the Ravens. This kid could be something very special.

Maurice Canady CB- Canady showed sparks of tremendous talent in coverage, when tackling, on special teams and when put in at certain packages he played position well. The speed of the game in the backfield is about as fast as it gets on two legs. Here is a young talent who looks to have the legs.

Kennith Dixon RB- boy I hope this suspension doesn't hurt his development, I believe Ken showed that he was ready for the NFL. I would like to see him in the #2 role behind even a stronger #1 Running back ( no disrespect to West, Unfortunately I just think West is a proven #2). plug- D Murray-

Willie Henry DT- As with Lewis lost early in the season, this guy is a Beast!

Bronson Kaufusi DE- "ditto" I can't wait to see this kid in action! a Beast!

Stephane Nembot OT - Played very well on second squad, shows signs of great potential. It is time needed on the field that will tell the tale.

Matt Skura C- Matt flew under the radar last year, getting his development and NFL level experience on the PS. He could be much more the player that anyone expects.

Correa Kamalei LB- KO, down the list for a reason. Here is a player who got in fights with multiple veterans during camp last year. Who do you think won out in that deal? In my opinion, He had the sad awakening of becoming an NFL "team player" and I would bet you it started in the locker room. Get your head on straight KO, hopefully all leave last year behind them. If he uses the raw talent that everyone saw in the draft, there is huge potential. Its time to become a Pro.

Keenan Reynolds WR/KR- What does this kid have to offer? There has to be something he can do to participate, I am eager to see.

Patrick Onwuasor ILB- didn't see a lot of action, what play time was seen appeared to be solid. The jury is still out if he can become a starter, but there is potential to work with.

I am not sure any team in the NFL will return with this kind of Rookie class (+15), not including a couple additions from the off season. So lets go Sophomores, go get what you came for and give the veterans a run for their money!

Well, it looks as if Ozzie drafted a bunch of All-Pro's last year. That was probably one of the most homerish posts I've ever seen. Lol. 

I thought it was pretty enlightening. Didn't pull any punches on Correa.

17 hours ago, bigcatfrank1 said:

Thank you for reading, if dont agree and it appears you do not, that is fine. Some may not be looking at it the same way.

What is very evident in my opinion is that the Ravens have a good returning class of Rookies. All the negative comments about poor selections can be quite dismantling. I think positive as much as I can.

So who is homerish

Being this is a BALTIMORE board, is it bad to be homerish,even if Baltimore area is your home?

18 hours ago, bigcatfrank1 said:

So who is homerish

Being this is a BALTIMORE board, is it bad to be homerish,even if Baltimore area is your home?

Depends on what kind of a fan you want to be...

3 hours ago, Raven1995 said:

I don't think the Ravens would go for a Receiver in the first round again so soon. They Don't want to end up like the Detroit Lions did and Draft WR's every year in the first round and then turn into a Joke.

If Mike Williams is there at #16, I would bet we pull the trigger. As we should.

I'm starting to think we go Oline in the 1st round with depth at WR, Corner and Pass rushers we would be able to pick up solid players throughout the draft in those positions. We have 2 spots to fill on the Oline and we have to fill at least one of those spots with a 1st or 2nd round pick.

On 3/19/2017 at 1:43 AM, sizzlingdoom said:

John Ross looks like more than just a deep threat.........making him a Raven would be super interesting. Especially if he returned kicks at all

Considering they've never provided a true # 1 for Joe, it's about time.