BR News

[News] 5 Things To Know About Danny Woodhead

13 posts in this topic

The Ravens’ newest running back has gained a celebrity following after going overlooked during much of his football career. He’s also a really good golfer and has beef with Oreos.

View the full article

He is reputed to be a third down back... good blocker and excellent receiver. He also consistently racks up a lot more yardage after first contact than say Pita. He might just see a lot of targets this year.

He is reputed to be a third down back... good blocker and excellent receiver. He also consistently racks up a lot more yardage after first contact than say Pita. He might just see a lot of targets this year.

Taking the place of Juice's duties.

I'm sorry I'm still on the fence about this move and I hope he proves me wrong! No diss I'm just sayin look at the backs in this this division they all in Beast Mode! Prove me wrong Woody!

1 hour ago, Purple Dawg 96 said:

I'm sorry I'm still on the fence about this move and I hope he proves me wrong! No diss I'm just sayin look at the backs in this this division they all in Beast Mode! Prove me wrong Woody!

That's fair. He is 32 coming of 2 serious injuries in 3 years. Same red flag as Charles and Peterson. But he will make Flacco look a lot better. He's one of the best 3rd down backs and slot WRs. I would mind him moving to full time slot when Dixon comes back. That's how good a pass catcher I think he is.

On Friday, March 17, 2017 at 2:49 PM, b93333 said:

Juice ran over people. I don't see Danny doing that.

Woodhead is not a #1 running back. I just cannot see the Ravens starting 2017 weaker than they did in 2016 knowing how rough the road was when having a sub-par running game. I'm not taking anything away from West of Dixon, I thought they stepped up and handled things ok, but it is what it is./

Its time the FO made a move to bring in a proven running back to handle the bulk of the first down objectives for this offense. I think that Dixon was developing however the suspension is a huge setback.

As far as West, he has struggled to perform on repetitive running assignments. He seems to have a burst of great ability but when coupled with a 2nd and 3 rd assignment he just did not perform. That is what enabled Dizxon to platoon in.

I just cannot agree with this type of running game, when the Ravens success has been proven with RB such as J Lewis, P Holmes, R Rice, and even Forsett. without a RB who can carry the ball 4-6 times consecutively, out of a single or multiple formation the Ravens do not fool anyone. The plays are almost projected on a big screen to a decent skilled defense

Come on Oz, get us a RB.

34 minutes ago, bigcatfrank1 said:

Woodhead is not a #1 running back. I just cannot see the Ravens starting 2017 weaker than they did in 2016 knowing how rough the road was when having a sub-par running game. I'm not taking anything away from West of Dixon, I thought they stepped up and handled things ok, but it is what it is./

Its time the FO made a move to bring in a proven running back to handle the bulk of the first down objectives for this offense. I think that Dixon was developing however the suspension is a huge setback.

As far as West, he has struggled to perform on repetitive running assignments. He seems to have a burst of great ability but when coupled with a 2nd and 3 rd assignment he just did not perform. That is what enabled Dizxon to platoon in.

I just cannot agree with this type of running game, when the Ravens success has been proven with RB such as J Lewis, P Holmes, R Rice, and even Forsett. without a RB who can carry the ball 4-6 times consecutively, out of a single or multiple formation the Ravens do not fool anyone. The plays are almost projected on a big screen to a decent skilled defense

Come on Oz, get us a RB.

I think we were watching different teams last year because I saw both Dixon and west run well at times but they were under-utilised - probably for 2 reasons... 1 was our tendency to pass too much and the other was the lack of consistent success in the run game and I guess you personally pin that on the rbs but I disagree and would put that more on the offensive line who couldn't consistently open holes last year for any running back in the same way they did for Forsett two years earlier

woodhead isn't coming in to be the "number 1 back" he's coming here to play complementary football, probably mostly on 3rd down or motioning into the slot to see if he can get 1 on 1 out there with a linebacker

and a quick question for you... who is it that you think the front office should have brought in at this point to replace any of these guys? I don't see a free agency full of that many attractive options...

16 hours ago, b93333 said:

He's not taking Juices' place. He's not even close to being a fb

Come on Oz, get us a RB.

JAMAL CHARLES........... that would be interesting

14 hours ago, Purple Dawg 96 said:

That's fair. He is 32 coming of 2 serious injuries in 3 years. Same red flag as Charles and Peterson. But he will make Flacco look a lot better. He's one of the best 3rd down backs and slot WRs. I would mind him moving to full time slot when Dixon comes back. That's how good a pass catcher I think he is.

Well he could get good mismatches down field on much slower LBers coming out the backfield or like you said in the slot! Wanted Campy in that spot smh!

If he matches his stats from NE days then his presences would be greatly appreciated.