BR News

[News] Late For Work 3/17: What Happened? Ravens Sign Brandon Carr, Not Morris Claiborne

49 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, J.O.14 said:

Yeah that's the tough decision, we have some holes we need to fill, especially offensively. But if we go best player available, he may be that guy.

Yeah and that's why l why l want them to get Zach Brown so we wouldn't have to use the first pick on a LB. We could use that first round pick on Wr/Passrusher like a Mike Williams or a Derek Barnett. 👍

Yeah I understand. We just need to keep improving, regardless of how its done.

2 minutes ago, J.O.14 said:

Interesting to know: We signed Carr for more than the Jets signed Claiborne. Claiborne got a 1 year $5 million deal from Jets....I thought we were offering that? Maybe we wanted Carr more.

Hmm. I guess so. That would've been a pretty good deal for the Ravens and been cheaper but l'm happy with Carr. 

53 minutes ago, J.O.14 said:

They did low ball him for the way he has played. They offered him a 3 year 12 million dollar deal. Then I think they offered him 4 years 24 was the most they would go. The 3 year 12 million feels kind of like a low ball when you're the type of player he is.

1 hour ago, poescrows said:

I would take that to mean the Ravens offered less than Cleveland, but more than Cards.

I'm not knocking him, but don't say it's not about the money when less that a minute ago you talked about money not being a reason you stayed somewhere.  

16 minutes ago, redrum52 said:

I'm not knocking him, but don't say it's not about the money when less that a minute ago you talked about money not being a reason you stayed somewhere.  

I understand what you're saying. He also knows his worth and was meaning that it didn't come down to money if the offers he had were worth his value. He earned $6 million more than the cards initially offered him....so yeah, they low balled him.

2 hours ago, J.O.14 said:

They did low ball him for the way he has played. They offered him a 3 year 12 million dollar deal. Then I think they offered him 4 years 24 was the most they would go. The 3 year 12 million feels kind of like a low ball when you're the type of player he is.

2 hours ago, poescrows said:

I would take that to mean the Ravens offered less than Cleveland, but more than Cards.

How is being paid a fair market value, based on performance, being greedy? Greedy would be pulling a Claiborne and holding out/demanding much more than is reasonable, hoping someone will give in to your demands. Greed seeks top dollar no matter the situation. Jefferson was seeking a good situation.

1 minute ago, Ravenous_Ravens said:

How is being paid a fair market value, based on performance, being greedy? Greedy would be pulling a Claiborne and holding out/demanding much more than is reasonable, hoping someone will give in to your demands. Greed seeks top dollar no matter the situation. Jefferson was seeking a good situation.

Find where I call him greedy?

3 hours ago, Orange_Peanut said:

Carr is a great signing! Only gets a bad rep b/c of the Odell catch

NO ONE and I mean NO ONE could have defended that. If that's the ONLY reason he has a bad rep, I'll take that all day every day.  

Interesting to know: We signed Carr for more than the Jets signed Claiborne. Claiborne got a 1 year $5 million deal from Jets....I thought we were offering that? Maybe we wanted Carr more.

After Claiborne was not signed by the Ravens, he or his agent most likely realized his chances for a big pay day were going down the drain. Desperation is motivation. I would rather have the durability any day, after all, that has been the issue, secondary depth. Carr is a good upgrade for Wright. Count it a win.

DBs: J. Smith, B. Carr, T Young (slot)

Safety: Weddle, Jefferson

On paper that's a top tier secondary.  

13 hours ago, Black&purple#55 said:

Now Ozzie can we get Zach Brown and Mangold?, if we can sign those 2, I'm ready for the Draft

That's exactly what l'm waiting for next for Ozzie to sign... Zach Brown.

Me too

14 hours ago, HomeoftheBRAVENS said:

I was half way ok when it was Claiborne but this is just annoying.Brandon Carr is not a good player.

I've already put it here yesterday, but hey: last season Carr covered Odell beckham, AJ Green, Mike Evans and Golden Tate for most of a total of 5 games, and he allowed a total of 1 TD on these games - and even that wasn't really on him, but blown coverage of the safety. He covered OBJ in 6 games and never allowed a 100-yard game for him.

Sounds like good enough for me.

Also, you don't play 144 games in the NFL if you're "not a good player"...

Thank you very much! We can always rely on you to tell these fools what's up. Cheers!

57 minutes ago, PersianRaven said:

Me too

I'd be incredibly surprised if we brought in zach brown - it doesn't feel like the type of move our front office would make - especially given our tendency to develop obscure guys at that position

Love what Ravens FO has done so far in Free Agency, c-mon down Zack Brown!!!!!!!

Boom! agree 100%. If we sign him I want to watch our D start playing tomorrow

Now Ozzie can we get Zach Brown and Mangold?, if we can sign those 2, I'm ready for the Draft

Seriously. Even just one of them would give us so much more flexibility going into the draft

DBs: J. Smith, B. Carr, T Young (slot)

Safety: Weddle, Jefferson

On paper that's a top tier secondary.  

No doubt. Top 5. Top 2 if we add to the pass rush

I think Carr is a great signing. And relax people, it is a 1 or 2 year deal if we want and we're not bringing him in to be a shut down corner...lol, jeez.
But regardless about how people feel about Carr, I seriously cannot even believe 1 Ravens fans wanted Claiborne to be a Raven....Are you kidding me? With our corner back health problems..........Claiborne is one of the most injury prone NFL players of all time. Injured more often than he plays. Literally. AND he's not even a stud when he does play. PLUS people wanted to pay him. Unreal!
Looking at Carr's Dallas career has nothing to do with what he's about to provide for the Ravens. More than a solid addition

On 3/17/2017 at 9:54 AM, HomeoftheBRAVENS said:

I was half way ok when it was Claiborne but this is just silly.Brandon Marshall wouldve given us WAY more bang for our buck with that 5 mill a year.Marshall,Wallace,Perriman and Pitta wouldve won alot more games for us than Jimmy Smith,Carr,Weddle and Jefferson will.We had the 17th ranked offense in yards per game and 21st ranked offense in scoring WITH Wagner and Smitty.Why is the front office piling all of our resources into one side of the ball????

Cause when we had our winning ways, its all about Defense & It starts with that!

Amen, brother. The strength and identity of the Ravens has always been about the Defense.

On March 17, 2017 at 8:15 PM, J.O.14 said:

I hear everyone talking about this Zach Brown guy. Yeah that would be great and all, but he's gonna be pretty expensive I'm sure (even though ILBs aren't highly paid). It wouldn't surprise me if he will get 5-6 million a year if not a little more. He has also had only one year of production really.

I'm all for drafting Foster. We would get him on his rookie deal and we could sign CJ long term. Foster and CJ together in the middle of our defense with what is in front and behind them would be ferocious. Foster can do it all, and delivers the boom when he hits people. I don't know if I have ever seen a LB coming out of college deliver hits the way he does. He can cover, attacks the LOS, and plays fast. Foster is the only player I would want that doesn't play OL, WR, pass rusher, or CB.

I'm really on the fence here. Foster plays with his hair on fire and I love to see him and CJ play together! Zach brown on the other hand is not to shabby himself and his value is shot for whatever reason. We can get him on a good deal.

If we take the Zach brown approach then we kind of get 2 quality guys on fair contracts so I'm all in for that 

On March 17, 2017 at 9:29 PM, J.O.14 said:

I understand what you're saying. He also knows his worth and was meaning that it didn't come down to money if the offers he had were worth his value. He earned $6 million more than the cards initially offered him....so yeah, they low balled him.

And we offered 6 million less than the Browns. So the cards basically offered him 12 mil less than the Browns lol. Seriously Arizona that's what you call a low ball offer 😂😂 4years 18 mil vs 4 years 30 mil. I'd Hang up too if I was him

Edited by Halshayeji