BR News

[News] Ravens Reach Four-Year Agreement With Cornerback Brandon Carr

172 posts in this topic

From everything I read about, Cowboys Fan didn't want him any more they were begging for him to be cut. I hope this isn't Wright 2.0 he may be a slight upgrade. He at that age. He is not a number one cornerback, he is not an elite player, he is not ehe’s not particularly versatile, nor is he a playmaker.

Excellent move....we now have 3 very solid corners on Carr, Young and Smith as well as 2 very good safeties in Weddle and Jefferson. Levine also gives them some depth.
If Kafusi, Z. Smith and Correia step up this year this could be an awesome defense. We need a good pass rusher to go along with Judon since IMO Sugg's is over the hill and will probably retire. We also need a replacement for Orr if Correia can't handle it. Maybe McClellan?? Our D line is solid with Williams , Jernigan Urban and Pierce. Some quality depth would be nice.
The offense will be fine if we sign Mangold or someone like him and get an adequate replacement for Wagner. Hurschel at center makes me nervous. Alex Mack should take over at left guard. I guess Hurst or Jensen can handle R tackle. Sorry to see Ducasse and Wagner leave though.
Maxx Williams needs to step up this year and be the guy we thought we drafted. Boyle and Pitta will be ok if he doesn't.
I like the recievers we have,,,,Waller, Perriman, Wallace and Moore. Hopefully Aiken stays. Getting Bolden back wouldn't hurt. I love Dixon and West. Woodhead should provide some versatility.
This team is starting to take shape and looks pretty good. Great improvements in the secondary make us better already. We should be able to get some decent OL, LBs, and corners in all of the 1st 4 rounds. The big pieces are in place so we really need some depth.
I bet Ozzie takes the best middle LB available in the first round and picks up the best offensive lineman with his second pick. After that he will go for a McPhee-type pass rusher in the third. All of these should be available to him and would give the Ravens a good shot to contend next year.

24 minutes ago, cobrajet said:

I think I prefer him over Claiborne. I think he may be better even when Claiborne is healthy.

If Claiborbnne is healthy AND brings his better game, he's better than Carr.

But those are two big ifs...

Yea unfortunately the FO is darned if they do and darned if they don't. Those advocating for the FO to let Claiborne walk in the comments on this mornings late for work are going to be the same people that are going to be outraged at the FO for not taking Claiborne if he has a banner year with the Jets. And I agree with you those are BIG "ifs".

Ozzie and Co. are rockin with this signing and the draft will be the nail in the coffin! The Ravens organization probably have their birds eyes on players and are circling the prey like another O linemen like K O and a center that will probably start! I call the draft "Padding their pockets" and it's just what they will do! Don't blow a circuit trying to figure these guys out! Lol

Excellent move....we now have 3 very solid corners on Carr, Young and Smith as well as 2 very good safeties in Weddle and Jefferson. Levine also gives them some depth.
If Kafusi, Z. Smith and Correia step up this year this could be an awesome defense. We need a good pass rusher to go along with Judon since IMO Sugg's is over the hill and will probably retire. We also need a replacement for Orr if Correia can't handle it. Maybe McClellan?? Our D line is solid with Williams , Jernigan Urban and Pierce. Some quality depth would be nice.
The offense will be fine if we sign Mangold or someone like him and get an adequate replacement for Wagner. Hurschel at center makes me nervous. Alex Mack should take over at left guard. I guess Hurst or Jensen can handle R tackle. Sorry to see Ducasse and Wagner leave though.
Maxx Williams needs to step up this year and be the guy we thought we drafted. Boyle and Pitta will be ok if he doesn't.
I like the recievers we have,,,,Waller, Perriman, Wallace and Moore. Hopefully Aiken stays. Getting Bolden back wouldn't hurt. I love Dixon and West. Woodhead should provide some versatility.
This team is starting to take shape and looks pretty good. Great improvements in the secondary make us better already. We should be able to get some decent OL, LBs, and corners in all of the 1st 4 rounds. The big pieces are in place so we really need some depth.
I bet Ozzie takes the best middle LB available in the first round and picks up the best offensive lineman with his second pick. After that he will go for a McPhee-type pass rusher in the third. All of these should be available to him and would give the Ravens a good shot to contend next year.

Elflein Center at #48 second round. Leaving the #16 first pick to BPA for anyone of the WR, RB, Edge, LB, CB that may be available. Then 3- 6 they can focus on strengthening depth.

I hope this doesn't mean Ravens are not drafting a CB in the first round.

I don't see Carr as a starter, I agree if a top corner is available then take him.

I think Young and Smith should start, Carr can platoon. Add one great pick and that is very improved backfield.

Plus we should get a safety in the Draft too, 2 deep cover guys is not enough.
Levine is a situational player, a good one , but still a special teams and situational player.

Get a great Corner, a Center, a Safety, a RB, a WR, and a Pass Rusher cause this team needs young good players.

There is no chance this team, based on what they have done and can feasibly do in the future, can make the playoffs. There is no offensive line and no playmakers. No pass rushers either. Sorry this can't all be recitified in the draft unless ozzie hits on every single pick which has never happened and won't happen. Wasted money on a overrated run stuffer. The only upgrade has been Jefferson. We downgraded on our O line RT. We havent improved, we are exactly the same last year with a worse offense.

This is interesting perspective, on one hand Adding Jefferson, Woodhead and Carr doesn't look like a very, high level FA so far. But adding them to retaining Williams, Wallace and Pitta makes the picture a whole lot clearer. Also Oz still has some cash, so I don't think they are completely finished.

Coach said we need playmakers, Woodhead looks to be a solid playmaker and should outperform Juice. Jefferson probably has a few interceptions in his bag and hopefully a couple of QB sack/safety blitzes. Carr doesn't really impress me.

As far as downgrading O-line, I dont really see it, Zuttah caused as much trouble as he provided. Wagner was stuck at RT and he was not at all the best that the Ravens can do. I say get Elflein at Center and the Ravens O-line has improved. We must remember that A Lewis will be back and strong the guy is a beast!

There has been a loud call for Zack Brown, however he does not improve the pass rush situation.

I call for a playmaking RB in FA. Latavius Murray is my pick but there are a few still out there.

So I ask you if the Ravens added Murray and Brown does that make you feel a little better? Or are you more of the WR/OLB type of wishful thinker?

I think we are starting to see what might happen in the draft. The o-line has not been addresed in FA and I don't think it will be before the draft. Ozzie will take the best player left and I think its going to be Cam Robinson.

Not gonna happen, from draftec.com scouting report- Robinson was arrested , May 2016, for possession of illegal narcotics and a stolen firearm in his hometown of Monroe, LA. The combination of the two resulted in a felony charge. Robinson will most certainly face a suspension, as well as having his hands full trying to prove that he isn't the 2017 version of Laremy Tunsil.

58 minutes ago, huntrgathrr said:

Elflein Center at #48 second round. Leaving the #16 first pick to BPA for anyone of the WR, RB, Edge, LB, CB that may be available. Then 3- 6 they can focus on strengthening depth.

from Draftek.com- "Elflein is one of the safer senior prospects in the country. He enters his fifth year moving to center after playing primarily guard the last two seasons. This kind of versatility is something that most teams crave among their offensive linemen. The transition shouldn't be difficult for him, and in fact, it may be his more natural fit at the next level. What stands out about Elflein most is his technique. He plays with terrific hand-placement on his punch, usually getting his hands inside of his opponents. His footwork is usually spot on as well. Elflein routinely puts himself in proper position off the snap, in order to execute his assignment. One of the more difficult tasks among lineman is to get outside of and turn a player that is initially lined up outside of them. Elflein is a technician in this area and often completes the task. He also plays with a low center of gravity. He gets underneath his competition and lets his lower-body strength take it from there. Whether it is driving his opponents or pass-protecting, he drops his anchor and immediately absorbs their power and/or applies his own."

This is the kind of player the Ravens need at Center!

Morris Claiborne may be more talented as a corner, but he hardly suits up. On the other hand, Brandon Carr never misses a game and is always available even if not that talented. I'll take Carr any day of the week. Especially considering we have Jimmy Smith who's constantly hurt or not able to suit up, we need some stability at corner and i think Tavon and Carr bring that to the table. Also, Carr not missing a game may inspire others to play through minor injuries and suit up.

1 hour ago, PeterA88 said:

From everything I read about, Cowboys Fan didn't want him any more they were begging for him to be cut. I hope this isn't Wright 2.0 he may be a slight upgrade. He at that age. He is not a number one cornerback, he is not an elite player, he is not ehe’s not particularly versatile, nor is he a playmaker.

Odd that we're seeing different things.  http://dal.247sports.com/ContentGallery/Dallas-Cowboys-fans-explode-after-Brandon-Carr-Morris-Claiborne--51806441

1 hour ago, Ravens8383 said:

I think we are starting to see what might happen in the draft. The o-line has not been addresed in FA and I don't think it will be before the draft. Ozzie will take the best player left and I think its going to be Cam Robinson.

Not gonna happen, from draftec.com scouting report- Robinson was arrested , May 2016, for possession of illegal narcotics and a stolen firearm in his hometown of Monroe, LA. The combination of the two resulted in a felony charge. Robinson will most certainly face a suspension, as well as having his hands full trying to prove that he isn't the 2017 version of Laremy Tunsil.

Charges were dropped and if you knew the details, you'd know that Cam didn't really have anything to do with that. He had the rental car and the gun was under the seat - his friend actually turned it over to the police as soon as they arrived. There was less than a half of gram of weed under the seat.

4 hours ago, Sami84 said:

There is no chance this team, based on what they have done and can feasibly do in the future, can make the playoffs. There is no offensive line and no playmakers. No pass rushers either. Sorry this can't all be recitified in the draft unless ozzie hits on every single pick which has never happened and won't happen. Wasted money on a overrated run stuffer. The only upgrade has been Jefferson. We downgraded on our O line RT. We havent improved, we are exactly the same last year with a worse offense.

This is interesting perspective, on one hand Adding Jefferson, Woodhead and Carr doesn't look like a very, high level FA so far. But adding them to retaining Williams, Wallace and Pitta makes the picture a whole lot clearer. Also Oz still has some cash, so I don't think they are completely finished.

Coach said we need playmakers, Woodhead looks to be a solid playmaker and should outperform Juice. Jefferson probably has a few interceptions in his bag and hopefully a couple of QB sack/safety blitzes. Carr doesn't really impress me.

As far as downgrading O-line, I dont really see it, Zuttah caused as much trouble as he provided. Wagner was stuck at RT and he was not at all the best that the Ravens can do. I say get Elflein at Center and the Ravens O-line has improved. We must remember that A Lewis will be back and strong the guy is a beast!

There has been a loud call for Zack Brown, however he does not improve the pass rush situation.

I call for a playmaking RB in FA. Latavius Murray is my pick but there are a few still out there.

So I ask you if the Ravens added Murray and Brown does that make you feel a little better? Or are you more of the WR/OLB type of wishful thinker?

I definitely would love Ozzie to sign Zach Brown and even Murray but l want Zach Brown the most. If they somehow get Murray than either Terrance West or Dixon will probably get cut but l think it's best to find a RB gem in the draft. At passrushing we could get Derek Barnett in the first who had 13 sacks last year at Tennessee could be a good pick at 16.

What the heck? OZZIE??? have you not learned your lesson that another team's trash is still trash!?!? This is just another shareece wright, Kyle arrington. Agree that we haven't gotten better. I don't know what Ozzie is talking about.

IMO unless we draft a corner, then our corners haven't gotten better. Yes I'm saying a rookie in the 1st or 2nd round is better than any of our corners behind Jimmy Smith/Tavon Young.

Once again, should I bring up Jalen Ramsey and how Ozzie wouldn't trade our third round pick to move up, which is what Dallas was asking for. Then we wouldn't have to shell out the $$$$ to these garbage cornerbacks. Which would then help give us cap space to resign guys like osemele and rick Wagner.

Some of you sunshine pumpers make me sick. Not every move is a good move.

53 minutes ago, bigcatfrank1 said:
  5 hours ago, Sami84 said:

I definitely would love Ozzie to sign Zach Brown and even Murray but l want Zach Brown the most. If they somehow get Murray than either Terrance West or Dixon will probably get cut but l think it's best to find a RB gem in the draft. At passrushing we could get Derek Barnett in the first who had 13 sacks last year at Tennessee could be a good pick at 16.

Yes, I agree! Ok OZ go get Zack Brown and Murray we approve. Barnett is a strong kid. There is a kid named Tim Williams who I would keep your eye on, if we miss out at #16, He fits the mold and might slip to 48, though I still think we need a Center. I was just reading Scout reports on the top 50. What is amazing is how many great picks will be around for the 2nd round.

I wonder what the Ravens could get for a first rounder? Just thinking outside of the box. Could they get 2 second round picks? Or is there a team who picks low enough to get the 1st and 2nd for them to move up? Giving the Ravens 3 2nd rounders?? hmmmmmm I think I would do it...but Im a crazy mug.

53 minutes ago, bigcatfrank1 said:

ps.. Dixon is suspended for 4 games, no telling how long it will take him to get himself to game play. By then anything can happen.
Starting RB L Murray, T West and D Woodhead sounds good to me. We can find a spot for Dixon when he returns

38 minutes ago, bigcatfrank1 said:
  2 hours ago, Ravens8383 said:

Charges were dropped and if you knew the details, you'd know that Cam didn't really have anything to do with that. He had the rental car and the gun was under the seat - his friend actually turned it over to the police as soon as they arrived. There was less than a half of gram of weed under the seat.

thanks for giving me the up-date, i retract my concerns if true. I still don't see Cam at #16, but if he is the talent that is talked about the Ravens can sure use a great O-line player

1 minute ago, bigcatfrank1 said:

ps.. Dixon is suspended for 4 games, no telling how long it will take him to get himself to game play. By then anything can happen.
Starting RB L Murray, T West and D Woodhead sounds good to me. We can find a spot for Dixon when he returns

Hmm... you right. Dixon is suspended 4 games. I don't know if we can keep 4 RB's, but it at least gives us some time to figure it out that situation. But l really don't know if we could get him and Brown. I will definitely choose Zach Brown over Murray because he a very very huge upgrade over Orr at tackles and better in coverage.  

The defense will be far better. Mark my words. We didn't lose anyone on D besides Doom, but I can almost guarantee we take a nasty more effective rusher like Tim Williams or Charles Harris. CB is so deep this year that a lot of guys like Moreau, Tankersley, Sutton, White, Lewis, would all go easily 1st in almost any class. This one is stacked and that's why I think Ozzie takes a top ranked receiver or edge guy now that we have added Jefferson and Carr. plus, after Lattimore the hierarchy is really tough at CB especially after Sidney Jones got hurt.

15 minutes ago, bigcatfrank1 said:

Murray signed with the Vikings.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000793387/article/latavius-murray-signs-with-minnesota-vikings

Edited by SepticeyePoe

So this move still doesn't move me. We still need a CB and Pass Rusher. I would've like to see Connor Barwin but he is with Rams now. Still holding out hope for Deandre Levy and Nick Mangold .

1 hour ago, TheConquerorWorm said:
  1 hour ago, bigcatfrank1 said:
  2 hours ago, Ravens8383 said:

thanks for giving me the up-date, i retract my concerns if true. I still don't see Cam at #16, but if he is the talent that is talked about the Ravens can sure use a great O-line player

I wouldn't mind him at #16. If he was going to be a LT, I'd be worried but he's exactly the kind of linemen you want - big, nasty, mauling road grader. Would fit perfect at LG (move Lewis to RT) or RT. He faced all the top pass rush talent from the SEC in this and last year's draft and more than held his own. Even though he gave up a sack, he more than handled Myles Garrett for most of that game. That incident may slide him down the draft board to #16. But put him next to Stanley at LG and that's a beast of a left side for the next 5 years....

What the heck? OZZIE??? have you not learned your lesson that another team's trash is still trash!?!? This is just another shareece wright, Kyle arrington. Agree that we haven't gotten better. I don't know what Ozzie is talking about.

IMO unless we draft a corner, then our corners haven't gotten better. Yes I'm saying a rookie in the 1st or 2nd round is better than any of our corners behind Jimmy Smith/Tavon Young.

Once again, should I bring up Jalen Ramsey and how Ozzie wouldn't trade our third round pick to move up, which is what Dallas was asking for. Then we wouldn't have to shell out the $$$$ to these garbage cornerbacks. Which would then help give us cap space to resign guys like osemele and rick Wagner.

Some of you sunshine pumpers make me sick. Not every move is a good move.

Stanley>>Ramsey.....

Carr's last season stats: He was targeted 99 times and allowed 60 receptions for 850 yards and five touchdowns. He snagged just one interception.

Carr's last season stats: He was targeted 99 times and allowed 60 receptions for 850 yards and five touchdowns. He snagged just one interception.

You forgot...playing against Odell Beckham x 2, Alshon Jeffrey, Mike Evans, AJ Green, Desean Jackson x 2, Antonio Brown, Jordan Matthews x 2, Jordy Nelson, Terrell Pryor & Marvin Jones.

I wouldn't consider this an upgrade. This guy is not good I'm sorry!

Why do you say that?

Is it because he held OBJ to 73 yards & 94 yards? Or is because he held AJ Green to 50 yards (0 TDs)? Or maybe because he held Mike Evans to 59 yards (0 TDs)? Then it must be Alshon Jeffery's 70 yards & 0 TDs? Jordy Nelson's 68 yards & 0 TDs?

Yeah, that guy is no good....

2 hours ago, Vitalvicious said:

I wouldn't consider this an upgrade. This guy is not good I'm sorry!

Look, he may not be a superstar corner, but he's very durable (played 144 games in his career) and he doesn't get beat often. He played well against the top recievers in the NFL. Great veteran that is very"durable" and that's why l actually like him over Claiborne because he can't stay healthy. Carr is actually pretty big corner too, 6 ft 207 pounds. This doesn't change anything. We still gonna land a top corner in the draft in the 1st 3 rounds.

Edited by hen826957