BR News

[News] Ravens Reach Four-Year Agreement With Cornerback Brandon Carr

172 posts in this topic

There is no chance this team, based on what they have done and can feasibly do in the future, can make the playoffs. There is no offensive line and no playmakers. No pass rushers either. Sorry this can't all be recitified in the draft unless ozzie hits on every single pick which has never happened and won't happen. Wasted money on a overrated run stuffer. The only upgrade has been Jefferson. We downgraded on our O line RT. We havent improved, we are exactly the same last year with a worse offense.

If we draft Cam Robinson... that gives us Stanley and Cam at Ts... Yanda and Alex Lewis at G. Urschel and Jensen can both play C but I have the impression that Mangold will be signed. That could be one of the best OLs in the NFL (I know that Robinson is a big IF but we really may be able to land him in Round 2.... giving us bookend Ts for years to come!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, The Greek said:

hopefully he pans out unlike so many they have brought in here lately. we need a center,rt, rb, wr. defense seems somewhat set aside from young olb, ilb, future safety for weddle and cb to take over for brittle jimmy when he gets hurt again as usual. seems like a lot of needs so i can see us trade back to hoard more picks.

If they trade back, l will only consider 20th pick at best, no later. I don't want to see them trading all the way back to the end of the 1st round but it's a talent player is there for the taking then draft him at 16.

Edited by hen826957
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  21 minutes ago, JD08 said:

I wonder with this signing do we still go CB first round, or do we go for a ILB/pass rusher

If we somehow can get Zach Brown, then l will go with either Passrusher/Wr like a Derek Barnett or a Mike Williams if he somehow slides. 

Man if we could land Z Brown.... we could look to draft a CB early and focus most of the draft beyond that point on the Offensive side of the ball.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With 4 top 100 picks in the draft, I hope they spend them on a RT, C, ER, CB, or ILB. With some strategic planning they could get 4 very good players to fill holes/needs. Git'er done Ozzie.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  53 minutes ago, hen826957 said:
  58 minutes ago, JD08 said:

I wonder with this signing do we still go CB first round, or do we go for a ILB/pass rusher

If we somehow can get Zach Brown, then l will go with either Passrusher/Wr like a Derek Barnett or a Mike Williams if he somehow slides. 

Man if we could land Z Brown.... we could look to draft a CB early and focus most of the draft beyond that point on the Offensive side of the ball.

i was thinking just that i remember watching Z.Brown play in highschool. lets see if he would come home to MD

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great!
We're picking up the veterans in some needed spots so we can draft replacements and have these guys groom them to take over. I Like the move!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MD91 said:

i was thinking just that i remember watching Z.Brown play in highschool. lets see if he would come home to MD

Let's hope. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't see this coming, but i love the move.....Not made of glass like Claiborne has been.....Webb still needs to be at the ready, as we never can count on J.Smith staying on the field for a full season.....

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, The Greek said:

the kiss of death

Ha...a lot of other forum members said it before me in the other post.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

great, another old, high priced defensive player. the lack of balance on this team is absolutely appalling. unless we draft a receiver in the first round (which we know we won't), this team will miss the playoffs again. top five defense, bottom five offense. 8-8, yay...

-2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so many people hating on our offense, Flacco best passing year as a pro, we had the lead in how many games in the 4th only to have our DEFENSE blow it.....Yes we lost Wagner, but you have to say he was good when he was in, but has missed more games than i would like from a starter over the last few years...Our left side started with two rooks who more than held their own, and will only be better this year, having gotten so much PT....If anything i just think Center may be the one concern, if Urschel played LG, and move the mammoth Lewis to RT....

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, omar586 said:

the one thing i heard from cowgirls fans is : he's steady and will not get beat all the time

And a few of my friends that are Cowboys fans have said thank you for taking him off of their hands.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trade No. 16 to Houston (they need a QB) we get no. 25 and No 89 in the 3rd,
That will give us 79,89, and 99 in the 3rd rnd, we draft Hasaan Reddick at number 25... we use one of the third rounders to draft Sid Jones and let him recover for this year....

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so many people hating on our offense, Flacco best passing year as a pro, we had the lead in how many games in the 4th only to have our DEFENSE blow it.....Yes we lost Wagner, but you have to say he was good when he was in, but has missed more games than i would like from a starter over the last few years...Our left side started with two rooks who more than held their own, and will only be better this year, having gotten so much PT....If anything i just think Center may be the one concern, if Urschel played LG, and move the mammoth Lewis to RT....

Flacco had the 2nd most INT of his career last season, he eclipsed the 4,000 yrd mark finally but it took a ridiculous amount of attempts and his avg per pass was bad too

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't blame the Dallas fans for hating on Carr, when you give someone a 50 mil contract like they did, he better be a superman CB, but the deal we got for him really isn't bad, as it is a series of 1 year contracts that could be worth up to 4 years 24 mil.......worth it in my book.....

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so many people hating on our offense, Flacco best passing year as a pro, we had the lead in how many games in the 4th only to have our DEFENSE blow it.
And in how many games, just needing a firstdown or two did Flacco blow it? Too many times. His passing when it counted was just poor!! Running backs couldn't gain 2-3 yards when needed!! How many 3 and outs???
That's why we need DEFENSE, because we can't trust the offense!!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hen826957 said:

If they trade back, l will only consider 20th pick at best, no later. I don't want to see them trading all the way back to the end of the 1st round but it's a talent player is there for the taking then draft him at 16.

agreed

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so many people hating on our offense, Flacco best passing year as a pro, we had the lead in how many games in the 4th only to have our DEFENSE blow it.
And in how many games, just needing a firstdown or two did Flacco blow it? Too many times. His passing when it counted was just poor!! Running backs couldn't gain 2-3 yards when needed!! How many 3 and outs???
That's why we need DEFENSE, because we can't trust the offense!!!

Flacco best passing year.....just needing a first down or two did Flacco blow it? We had the lead in how many games in the 4th only to have our DEFENSE blow it. I'm confused. Be happy we are improving things with good signings.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Carr is a solid pick up. Hope he can return to form but at worst he is a solid player with a lot of experience He will add depth and time for whatever CB we draft to develop at his own pace. With Jimmy being injury prone... Carr's experience can go a long way. Like Ozzie said.... this makes us better but I would have rather had Claiborne. Either way.... it does make us deeper and better and I feel at worst, like Carr is a legit upgrade over Sharece Wright and at best, a signing that has potential to be great...

Ill take it!

Carr is a better CB than Claiborne, no matter how you compare the two. Carr is bigger, far less injury-prone, and has put up better numbers throughout his career. Good pickup. Glad to see the Ravens are going back to focusing what has always been the team's strength- Defense. We've got a good secondary now, Williams is the anchor on the line and Mosley is gold for our LB corps. We get a quality pass rusher, either through the draft or elsewhere, and this defense has all the tools to be great.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  2 hours ago, steelcityraven said:

Carr is a solid pick up. Hope he can return to form but at worst he is a solid player with a lot of experience He will add depth and time for whatever CB we draft to develop at his own pace. With Jimmy being injury prone... Carr's experience can go a long way. Like Ozzie said.... this makes us better but I would have rather had Claiborne. Either way.... it does make us deeper and better and I feel at worst, like Carr is a legit upgrade over Sharece Wright and at best, a signing that has potential to be great...

Ill take it!

Carr is a better CB than Claiborne, no matter how you compare the two. Carr is bigger, far less injury-prone, and has put up better numbers throughout his career. Good pickup. Glad to see the Ravens are going back to focusing what has always been the team's strength- Defense. We've got a good secondary now, Williams is the anchor on the line and Mosley is gold for our LB corps. We get a quality pass rusher, either through the draft or elsewhere, and this defense has all the tools to be great.

Spot on Bro!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I prefer him over Claiborne. I think he may be better even when Claiborne is healthy.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trade No. 16 to Houston (they need a QB) we get no. 25 and No 89 in the 3rd,
That will give us 79,89, and 99 in the 3rd rnd, we draft Hasaan Reddick at number 25... we use one of the third rounders to draft Sid Jones and let him recover for this year....

Mike Mayock jr lol

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trade No. 16 to Houston (they need a QB) we get no. 25 and No 89 in the 3rd,
That will give us 79,89, and 99 in the 3rd rnd, we draft Hasaan Reddick at number 25... we use one of the third rounders to draft Sid Jones and let him recover for this year....

That would be offering a pick of a value of 1,000 (according to the standard TVC) for two picks of a combined total value of 865. The deal would be close to even if it also included the Texan's 3rd or fourth round pick in 2018.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I prefer him over Claiborne. I think he may be better even when Claiborne is healthy.

If Claiborbnne is healthy AND brings his better game, he's better than Carr.

But those are two big ifs...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope this doesn't mean Ravens are not drafting a CB in the first round.

Since Ozzie will probably pick the BPA, this signing shouldn't affect the pick.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, bioLarzen said:

Since Ozzie will probably pick the BPA, this signing shouldn't affect the pick.

He's grabbing a TE in each of the first three rounds...book it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we are starting to see what might happen in the draft. The o-line has not been addresed in FA and I don't think it will be before the draft. Ozzie will take the best player left and I think its going to be Cam Robinson.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  2 hours ago, The Greek said:

hopefully he pans out unlike so many they have brought in here lately. we need a center,rt, rb, wr. defense seems somewhat set aside from young olb, ilb, future safety for weddle and cb to take over for brittle jimmy when he gets hurt again as usual. seems like a lot of needs so i can see us trade back to hoard more picks.

If they trade back, l will only consider 20th pick at best, no later. I don't want to see them trading all the way back to the end of the 1st round but it's a talent player is there for the taking then draft him at 16.

I dont see them trading back far. There is going to either be a bonafide CB or Pass Rusher there when the Ravens are up. Although they could take a tackle or WR at that spot, I think its more likely they go defense. I saw Mayocks mock have them taking Russ. I dont think that's going to happen. Williams seems more plausible but I think there is going to be a really talented defender there that we won't be able to pass up. Something that doesn't get brought up much about the failure of our defense to hold on to a lead is our pass rush. It is almost non existent in the fourth quarter even when we blitz. We need another young guy to be in there to give suggs a break. Judon looks promising. Z. Smith isnt as effective in that department but I think the pass rush and CB play go hand in hand and I think we will be able to upgrade at both of those positions in the draft.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now