BR News

[News] Late For Work 3/16: What's The Holdup? Morris Claiborne Wants More Money, But Ravens Not Budging

52 posts in this topic

Why did the Ravens trade Jeremy Zuttah? Todd McShay's mock draft is interesting for who Baltimore picked AND passed over. Is Kamar Aiken now the Ravens' best WR option?

View the full article

even 5 per year is too much for someone as brittle as him.

Agreed, let's get CBs from the draft. This is a young man's game.

I hope Claiborne gets more elsewhere or just chooses to stay in dallas, and saves us from another horrible and desperate FA signing. And the other negative, is they will probably pass over getting a good quality corner in the draft if they sign him, thinking they have solved their corner problems. Would much rather see that invested in young talent in round 1-2. They need at least 2 more quality corners, because Smith is completely over rated and often injured. With Smith, Young, Claiborne (or another vet), and a high draft pick, they would have 4 decent corners to fill 3 spots. There is essentially no other viable corner on the roster.

49 minutes ago, The Greek said:

even 5 per year is too much for someone as brittle as him.

Agreed, let's get CBs from the draft. This is a young man's game.

Will do both. Adding a veteran Corner isn't nearly enough to address the position, and it wouldn't stop us from targeting one early in the draft either.

Jimmy Smith needs to take a pay cut. He's great when available, but he's never available.

yea unfortunately thats not how that works

TWO safeties who can't stay healthy, earning tons of dough!!?....no thanks.

Weddle and Jefferson???

32 minutes ago, designermaryland said:

I hope Claiborne gets more elsewhere or just chooses to stay in dallas, and saves us from another horrible and desperate FA signing. And the other negative, is they will probably pass over getting a good quality corner in the draft if they sign him, thinking they have solved their corner problems. Would much rather see that invested in young talent in round 1-2. They need at least 2 more quality corners, because Smith is completely over rated and often injured. With Smith, Young, Claiborne (or another vet), and a high draft pick, they would have 4 decent corners to fill 3 spots. There is essentially no other viable corner on the roster.

You are nuts dude. Smith is top 5-10 when healthy. His rough style of play just often ends up getting him banged up. Also, young had a great rookie year. 

People that think Jimmy is overrated don't really watch our games that often.

Very clearly the most valuable player on our defense, and there's a gigantic difference between our defense's performance with him on the field vs without him on the field.

4 minutes ago, rmcjacket23 said:

Very clearly the most valuable player on our defense, and there's a gigantic difference between our defense's performance with him on the field vs without him on the field.

Why would people care about facts?

2 minutes ago, rmcjacket23 said:

The difference with him and without him was quite evident if people were actually watching. I don't think some were or they wouldn't be talking just to talk.

I'm betting the Ravens sign him. Hell fit right in with Crampanaro and Whereiman.

TWO safeties who can't stay healthy, earning tons of dough!!?....no thanks.

what are you talking about?

12 hours ago, designermaryland said:

Jimmy's overrated?

Allowed the 2nd lowest completion percentage to receivers in his coverage, for the lowest yards per catch in the NFL.

So, receivers dont catch the ball when he covers him, and in the rare occurrence that they do its for the least amount of yards in the NFL.

Hmmmm, whats the corners job again? Not allowing receivers to catch or gain yards by catching?

Facts are important.

I generally like Hensley, but if he thinks that Claiborne is one fo the best CBs in the NFL, he's on crack. He had half a good season this year, missed half the games due to injury in his 4 yr career and is as small as Tavon Young. I have a lot of faith in Ozzie, but this seems worse than the Dominique Foxworth signing. Untapped potential doe not equal future production. I hope both sides walk away from this offer.

I know as much as the next Ravens fan that Ozzie likes to pick the best player available, but Ross is not as good as McCaffery. Ross is a speed merchant that is not familiar with the entire route tree. Besides, we have Wallace and Perriman who are fast enough, more experienced and bigger. Despite being a RB McCaffery does know more of the route tree particularly the short and medium routes and is a better all around player who can pay dividends early as a rookie. He'd fill the Steve Smith/Campanaro role and handle KR duties. If you want Julian Edelman on the team without the stink of Patriots on him, MacCaffery is you're man and we can trade back to the 20's to get him and more picks.

the deal I would make with Claiborne is $3 million a year with tons of incentives. That's as high as I would go on someone who has a history of injuries.

Pay Claiborne like a #2 Corner at about 7.5-8.5 M/Yr. But, then factor in the fact that he'll probably be available for about 50% of the games. So I suppose 3.75-4.25 is his real value to any team. So, the Ravens offer of $5M per year is very generous. Take it Claiborne!

I don't think we should be addressing WR in the first round, ILB, CB or a pass rusher are more of a need than that

to all of you saying JIMMY this JIMMY that.. are you guys well? HES THE BEST THING WE HAVE ON D .. hes WHAT WEVE NEEDED FOR YEARS.. now pair him up with Claiborne.. wooow what a duo.. GO MAKE IT HAPPEN OZZ.. I don't care if he plays in 7 games .. at least he will play those 7 games at a high level... we need him.. we need mangold..

Resign Kamar Aiken, draft Reuben Foster (maybe trade a 3rd rounder to move up a few draft spots, to like 13-14 to get ahead of Indy), snag the injured Sidney Jones with our remaining 3rd rounder. Grab a CB/pass rusher/WR/OL in rd 2. This is my dream.

Would you rather have Claiborne or Malcom Butler or one the draft guys? (assume Lattimore is gone by pick #16?

Well you can't get Butler without a 1st round pick at this point, so I definitely don't want him at that price.

I'll take Claiborne AND a drafted corner in the first 3 rounds, which is the most likely route we go anyway.

Would you rather have Claiborne or Malcom Butler or one the draft guys? (assume Lattimore is gone by pick #16?

I want Claiborne and a draft pick (Lattimore, Teebor, Tankersley, Tredavious White, Fabian Moreau, etc) Jimmy is always hurt and we will need some insurance. But the presence of Claiborne should mean that we have time to bring the new guy along at his pace and not throwing him to the wolves at the hardest position in the NFL and in one of the toughest divisions. (We will face AJ Green 2x, A B 2x and possibly Josh Gordon and Corey Coleman 2x)