BR News

[News] Ravens Trade Jeremy Zuttah To San Francisco 49ers

107 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, whobilly said:

Tom Brady is over rated? That is the most idiotic statement that has ever been posted on any NFL team site. You should have stopped at the Tyrod comment.

its not, and i shouldnt have. 
the fact that your first and only argument to the contrary is an ad hominem attack pretty much belies your point. 
if it was so "idiotic," you'd have a more intelligent response than that.
thanks for playing though.

1 hour ago, YorkCountyRaven said:
6 hours ago, riseNConquer81 said:
  6 hours ago, thesteve53006 said:

For those saying "Its only a 6th round pick" Adalius Thomas #186, Tyrod Taylor #180, these are Ravens picks.  Other players include Colston, Garcon, Antonio Brown, Tom Brady, Greg Hardy. There is value in the 6th, i would rather have an earlier pick in the 6th than a later, plus this way it cleared up more cap than making him a cap casualty.

Tyrod Taylor is a middling starter. 
Tom Brady is overrated. 
Greg Hardy isnt in the league anymore because he has trouble keeping his hands to himself. 
Pierre Garcon is a career sidekick receiver. 

There's not that much value in the 6th. thats why its the 6th. 

Negative Nancy alert.... Saying Tom Brady is overrated is like credibility suicide within football talk. The fact of the matter is Zuttah wasn't what we wanted at center and we got what we could for him in order to free up cap space. We received way too much pressure up the middle of the offensive line, and obviously Ozzie has plans in the future. You can get great unexpected value in the 6th round, we play against a man named Antonio Brown 2 times a year incase you didn't realize..... AKA the highest paid WR in football.

No it's not.
Saying Tom Brady is overrated shows i actually pay attention to and understand football, as opposed to casually following the crowd.
Tom Brady's a game manager that relies on playmaking after the catch to produce. always has been, always will be.

and since youre the 23874932743902743209742094th person to bring up [insert favorite rare high level player from the 6th roudn here], I'll go ahead and point out that Antonio Brown was pick number 195. Everybody's other favorite example, Brady, was #199. That actually only further proves my point that moving up 12 spots in the 6th round doesnt really mean or do much. If anything, you're better off keeping 198, according to the trend.

Regardless of where it is, a 6th round pick is a crap shoot. its hard to argue that moving up or back in the 6th round dramatically increases or decreases the value of the pick.
so like i said before, the net effect of this trade is essentially the same as if we cut him.

Edited by riseNConquer81

4 hours ago, Tiznut said:
7 hours ago, riseNConquer81 said:

dont know, dont care. doesnt matter.

6th round pick is a 6th round pick. The 6th is not a round where there's any value in trading places with someone unless there's somebody that fell dramatically for some odd reason.

Those 12 spots didnt change the value of that pick in any significant way.

If you don't care you wouldn't respond. You not knowing is obvious 

that doesn't make any sense.
and of course i dont know, nobody does. your question doesnt really have an answer, or any relevance to the point for that matter. 

Edited by riseNConquer81

I'm surprised we weren't able to get a 5th or 6th straight up. O well. Maybe there's already a plan in place so it's not another hole to fill in the draft. Maybe they've already been in contact with Mangold.
Are we trying to sign Mangold and/or Zach Brown? Or Carr? Signing Claiborne would be ridiculous.
Still Arrington and Watson to cut
I also heard Joe wants to take a 50% paycut as well.....lol

I'm surprised we weren't able to get a 5th or 6th straight up. O well. Maybe there's already a plan in place so it's not another hole to fill in the draft. Maybe they've already been in contact with Mangold.
Are we trying to sign Mangold and/or Zach Brown? Or Carr? Signing Claiborne would be ridiculous.

Last I checked we weren't even in the bidding for Mangold, which is baffling.

There's probably as much chance for Browns to win the SB as there is for Flacco taking a paycut lol.

1 hour ago, sizzlingdoom said:

Did Joe really said he wants to take 50% of his payout? Where did you hear that? Or it was a joke? 

Edited by hen826957

Did Joe really said he wants to take 50% of his payout? Where did you hear that?

Sorry, the Joe thing was a joke. My bad. I wish it wasn't

6 hours ago, riseNConquer81 said:
7 hours ago, reed20 said:

Tom Brady has 5 rings, dude.

So does Robert Kraft. 
what's your point?

His point is that Robert Kraft has those rings because of Tom Brady. That was an absurd comment. Look at Brady's career stats and wins. He is 39 years old and just threw for over 3,500 yards, 28 TDs, and 2 INTs....in 12 games. He is also second for the most 4th quarter comebacks of all time with 39. Did you not watch the superbowl?

You also said he relies on his playmaking after the catch. What QB doesn't? It's not like he had great WRs. Edelman, Hogan, Amendola? Gronk missed the entire post season and look what he still accomplished. When he does have a legit number 1 WR like Moss he just breaks records and goes 16-0...that's all.

His career record is also 183-52. His PLAYOFF record is 25-9. Overall, 208-61. 5-2 in SBs. I dislike Tom Brady, but you have to respect the guy.

That comment made me question your football intelligence.

Edited by J.O.14

50 minutes ago, sizzlingdoom said:
53 minutes ago, hen826957 said:

Did Joe really said he wants to take 50% of his payout? Where did you hear that?

Lol ok. 😅

Edited by hen826957

If Urschel or Jensen are charged with being Center, we'll have a really long season. As bad as Joe was last year, 2017 could be his worst year yet. The guy can't function unless he has adequate time and has no pressure on him. After reupping his already ridiculous contract last year, the least the Ravens could do is give the guy a chance to be quasi successful! I think the O-line is falling apart and we all know Joe isn't Brady, Rodgers, or any of those big time QBs that can function with limited talent because they're uber talented. We need to surround Joe with great talent for the poor chap to have a chance. Otherwise we are throwing our money down the drain.

1 hour ago, hen826957 said:
  2 hours ago, sizzlingdoom said:

Yeah, because that whopping $3M paycut he would take would really save us...

This is the year of defensive studs and low and behold the Ravens are positioning themselves that it seems the only way they can eclipse an 8-8 record next year is if they draft offensive linemen early. Either Garett Bolles or Ryan Ramczyk at 16 to replace Rick Wagner and either Pat Elflein or Ethan Pocic to replace Zuttah in the 3rd. With a lot of luck they may even be able to grab a decent edge or CB in the 2nd round. Hoping for some Ozzie magic.

1 hour ago, hen826957 said:

Pretty sure anything helps. SSS signed for about 3 a year> I guess he didn't make an impact.....LOL try not to be so unhappy

the fact that your first and only argument to the contrary is an ad hominem attack pretty much belies your point. 

You're right.  "Idiotic" wasn't a very intelligent response.  Shoulda' said "moronic."

Urschel was actually drafted to be groomed to be our future center, but due to injuries he was forced to play both RG and LG, and center at times....having played all 3 interior line positions and his smarts i would like him to get the start and the opportunity to be our center...JMO

When he has played it hasn't been pretty. I don't think any team drafts a center in the 5th round and expects them to be the starter at some point, unless a guy that should have been taken earlier has fallen down the board because of some off the field issues. And if anything John was taken early. There is a real good possibility that he would have been a 7th rounder or an UDFA if we didn't take him. We need to bring in other guys either through the draft of FA to compete with him. If he beats them out than he is the starter, but I think even Jensen would be a better option than John. You don't need to be a genius to call out protections as a center. John is overqualified in that regard and those extra IQ points don't make him any better at calling out protections than a guy with average IQ. It is just not as complicated as some people make it seem.

1 hour ago, rmcjacket23 said:
  2 hours ago, hen826957 said:
  3 hours ago, sizzlingdoom said:

Pretty sure anything helps. SSS signed for about 3 a year> I guess he didn't make an impact.....LOL try not to be so unhappy

Well I mean I've seen our record since he was here, so how much impact does any individual player make when you need to upgrade like a dozen positions?

But hey, always fun to play cavalier with somebody elses money just to make yourself feel better about the team you cheer for.

Maybe you should take 50% of your paycheck and send that over the Ravens so they can spend it however they want.

Because, hey, "pretty sure anything helps".

LOL. Stay classy, fans.

So i think signing Mangold and Zach Brown is something that is mentioned here and by pundits that say they would be good fits, but as of yet there hasn't been any indication that the FO is thinking about bringing in either of those two guys. Although it is certainly possible that I just have just missed the article that has talked about our FOs interest in picking up those guys.

16 hours ago, Tiznut said:

If released what's the odds he gets signed for the same amt or more left on his contract?

he keeps his pay and goes to a system/coach who he's familiar with and wants him - win for him. 

Sf gets a player that fits their system and can contribute by just moving back in the 6th - win for them. 

We move a guy we were gonna cut and move up a bit in the 6th, which adds value in case of trading the pick. - win for us. 

Think even slight ly  fair treatment to a player better than moving up   in sixth round. From what I read everything else would of remained the same for Ravens

11 hours ago, reed20 said:

So does Robert Kraft. 
what's your point?

This doesn't make any sense. Robert Kraft has 5 rings because of Tom Brady. This statement would be correct if Robert Kraft has 5 rings without Brady. As much as I dislike Brady, he keeping winning year in and year out with decent mediocre wrs. I agree with J.O. 14.

dont have any idea what that's supposed to mean, or why you wrote 6-1 instead of just 5,

but in any case: Zuttah wasnt exactly great and he was undersized to begin with. Urschel or Jensen couldnt do much worse, but we definitely want better if we could get it.

Constantly pushed back into Joe....  Hence the statement, "“… His toughness and accountability made him a popular teammate, but Zuttah struggled at times, especially against big nose tackles.”

Looks like the Anquan Boldin trade for 6th round pick in which case Ravens got the Keith Wenning.

we were gonna save 3.5 million and get pick 198 but now becuz of the wisdom of Ozzie we save 5.8 millon and get pick number 186.

Ozzie brings in a guy and last 3 years and get rid of him for a 6th round.OK but how do they save 5.8 million? If "Jeremy Zuttah signed a 3 year, $12,250,000 contract with the Baltimore Ravens, including a $3,500,000 signing bonus, $6,500,000 guaranteed, and an average salary of $4,083,333" So .....10 million has to be paid out (3.5 + 6.5) plus he earned 12 million in salary (3 year x 4,083.). Zuttah got 22 million for 3 years and every ones praising Ozzie for the move, yea that's BRILLIANT.

What do you guys think about drafting Dan Feeney in the 2nd round? We can slide him to Center and have a very good line with Hurst being the only weak point at RT. I wouldn't mind sliding Lewis out to RT and letting Jensen and Urschel battle it out for the LG spot.

6 hours ago, Bruce_Almty said:

This is the year of defensive studs and low and behold the Ravens are positioning themselves that it seems the only way they can eclipse an 8-8 record next year is if they draft offensive linemen early. Either Garett Bolles or Ryan Ramczyk at 16 to replace Rick Wagner and either Pat Elflein or Ethan Pocic to replace Zuttah in the 3rd. With a lot of luck they may even be able to grab a decent edge or CB in the 2nd round. Hoping for some Ozzie magic.

The Ravens won't take an O-lineman at 16 I don't think anybody thinks any of the linemen in this draft are that good. 

People there is still a whole wave of free agents in June. That is when the Ravens usually sign most guys because they are a lot cheaper for the production they bring. 

14 hours ago, hen826957 said:
On 3/16/2017 at 0:56 AM, riseNConquer81 said:
  On 3/15/2017 at 11:57 PM, reed20 said:

So does Robert Kraft. 
what's your point?

This doesn't make any sense. Robert Kraft has 5 rings because of Tom Brady. This statement would be correct if Robert Kraft has 5 rings without Brady. As much as I dislike Brady, he keeping winning year in and year out with decent mediocre wrs. I agree with J.O. 14.

it makes perfect sense, you illustrated the point in your very next sentence, lmao.

Tom Brady has 5 rings because of awful rules and great playmakers that cover up the fact that he can't deliver the ball down field. His receivers are not and never have been mediocre at all.

(not every good receiver goes to the pro bowl, and not making it to the hall of fame doesnt mean you're totally talentless. i know those dumb arguments are coming next)

Brady is not a 1 man wrecking crew. If Brady hadn't caught on with the Patriots, he'd more than likely be a journey man who got the chance to start late in his career, played decent for a few seasons, and retired...maybe with a ring or two if he happened to get on with the right team.
He's better than a 6th round pick, but nothing incredibly special.

Edited by riseNConquer81

On 3/16/2017 at 1:04 AM, riseNConquer81 said:

You're right.  "Idiotic" wasn't a very intelligent response.  Shoulda' said "moronic."

you actually shouldn't have said anything at all. that's what people lacking substantial arguments are supposed to do. ;)

18 hours ago, J.O.14 said:
On 3/16/2017 at 0:56 AM, riseNConquer81 said:
On 3/15/2017 at 11:57 PM, reed20 said:

So does Robert Kraft. 
what's your point?

His point is that Robert Kraft has those rings because of Tom Brady. That was an absurd comment. Look at Brady's career stats and wins. He is 39 years old and just threw for over 3,500 yards, 28 TDs, and 2 INTs....in 12 games. He is also second for the most 4th quarter comebacks of all time with 39. Did you not watch the superbowl?

You also said he relies on his playmaking after the catch. What QB doesn't? It's not like he had great WRs. Edelman, Hogan, Amendola? Gronk missed the entire post season and look what he still accomplished. When he does have a legit number 1 WR like Moss he just breaks records and goes 16-0...that's all.

His career record is also 183-52. His PLAYOFF record is 25-9. Overall, 208-61. 5-2 in SBs. I dislike Tom Brady, but you have to respect the guy.

That comment made me question your football intelligence.

it wasn't absurd at all.
What's absurd is you casual fans continually giving Brady credit for Branch, Gronkowksi, Bennett, Edelman, Vereen, Hernandez, Moss, Welker, Lewis, Lloyd, etc's work and pretending they have no talent.

Brady hardly ever works with a non great receiver...your definition of "great" is something ridiculous, rare combination of traits that hardly anybody ever has.

There are plenty of QBs that dont rely on after catch yardage as their sole means of production. Take your Brady blinders off and look around the league. Go ahead and show me ONE game where Joe Flacco threw 23 passes for 5 yards or less, including 6 behind the line of scrimmage, and left the game with 466 yards and 2 TDs. I will wait sir. 

i respect tom brady just fine. big difference between me and you is you respect him as some mythical football god that he's never been, and i respect him for what he actually is: an over-achieving 6th rounder in a great system, surrounded by lots of talent who knows all he has to do is protect the ball and let his teammates be great to get the W.

It's good that you're asking questions though, that's exactly how you learn better than the delusional fiction you're arguing right now. applause for that.

Edited by riseNConquer81

What do you guys think about drafting Dan Feeney in the 2nd round? We can slide him to Center and have a very good line with Hurst being the only weak point at RT. I wouldn't mind sliding Lewis out to RT and letting Jensen and Urschel battle it out for the LG spot.

Not a bad idea. No way we're going into the season relying on Hurst at Tackle though

10 minutes ago, riseNConquer81 said:

it makes perfect sense, you illustrated the point in your very next sentence, lmao.

Tom Brady has 5 rings because of awful rules and great playmakers that cover up the fact that he can't deliver the ball down field. His receivers are not and never have been mediocre at all.

(not every good receiver goes to the pro bowl, and not making it to the hall of fame doesnt mean you're totally talentless. i know those dumb arguments are coming next)

Brady is not a 1 man wrecking crew. If Brady hadn't caught on with the Patriots, he'd more than likely be a journey man who got the chance to start late in his career, played decent for a few seasons, and retired...maybe with a ring or two if he happened to get on with the right team.
He's better than a 6th round pick, but nothing incredibly special.

Lol... whatever you say bro, his receivers are good but not elite level that's why l said "decent mediocre" just like us.  I might don't agree with your argument, but that's your opinion about Brady so l just leave it at that.