BR News

[News] Zachary Orr Gets An Extra $407K In Performance-Based Pay

14 posts in this topic

The retired linebacker topped the Ravens in earnings under the NFL’s “Performance-Based Pay” program that supplements players’ compensation based on a comparison of playing time to salary.

View the full article

I'm sure the money will come in handy... I hope the ravens have figured a way to help this fine young man out as well.

Maybe the Ravens will take him on as a coaching intern.  As a player who went undrafted, he might have some knowledge that would be helpful to others regarding work ethic, technique, etc.

So happy for Orr, and even more grateful he walks off the field with his health in tact. I hope we can find a way to incorporate his talents in the organization. Orr will always be a Raven. :baltimore-ravens:

I agree this young man Orr deserves every single penny; we need to hook him up with internship as coaching or scouting......

Good for him he deserves to get paid. Guy played his heart out I wished he never retired so he could've had a nice contract. Another undrafted gem. To bad he sustained such an injury.

In fact, guys like Pitta milked the incentive clauses and Zach Orr had to work his butt off in snap counts to earn 400K. This young man is the most deserving Raven of all.

Good for him! He's going to need that money. I hope he finds a way to turn his short-lived football career into something long-term.

2 hours ago, ellicottraven said:

In fact, guys like Pitta milked the incentive clauses and Zach Orr had to work his butt off in snap counts to earn 400K. This young man is the most deserving Raven of all.

You don't think Pitta struggled through those injuries?

57 minutes ago, Swift 1 said:

You don't think Pitta struggled through those injuries?

Sure he did and he overcame them while getting paid millions of dollars too. Let's not forget that he was getting paid whether he suited up or not when he was injured. In Orr's case, he was an undrafted free agent signing that was paid 1.5M for his entire tenure here as a Raven and he gave us so much in return for that investment. As an example, Pitta made over 3M in incentive money last year by just catching more toss balls from Flacco to get over the hump that qualified him for that extra money he was forced to give up. So, technically they are two different situations.