BR News

[News] 2017: Ravens Mock Draft Monitor 3.0

43 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, rmcjacket23 said:

Yeah, I don't see us taking John Ross.

how about a whole bunch of nope

I agree, no on Ross, why keep Wallace if we plan on drafting Ross, but Mike Williams on the other hand is a beast. I am not a big tape guy I will admit, but I like to go to YouTube and not to watch the highlight reels, because anyone can look good in those but put in Mike Williams vs and it shows pretty much the whole game vs opponents and you can watch everything he does good and bad. Watching the top receivers, including Ross, and Williams is dominant when he is on the field. He would be one that I would be willing to trade up to get.

We should trade down few spots get TJ Watt and a extra pick, TJ is a athletic freak would definitely help our pass rush.

I would not think John Ross is a big target for the Ravens, however if they did go that route, Ross could have a big impact on stretching the field alongside the likes of Wallace and Perriman. That would definitely open up the run game some or risk getting beat deep. My guess is Flacco's arm, and more importantly knee, will be healthy enough to return to dropping those deep field strikes. A WR that can run great routes always helps any QB as well. Something some of the younger WR's are still working on, correcting certain routes.

We should trade down few spots get TJ Watt and a extra pick, TJ is a athletic freak would definitely help our pass rush.

TJ Watt is a bit intriguing, however from what I have seen is currently a one trick pony. He will need some time to develop more pass rush moves, bull rush is not going to work as well at the next level, without bulking up for the pro's. He is definitely in the mold of his brother but not the same cat. Just saying that because a lot of people want to assume your getting the same caliber player, which is not a fair comparison. He has every chance to be a great player, the same as JJ? Most likely not.

I don't see us taking Jabrill Peppers now since we got Jefferson. l think either Mike Williams or Derek Barnett would would make since.

1st rd.charles harris, derek barnett 2nd rd. cb, o-lineman or d'onta foreman. if sidney jones falls to late 2nd or 3rd rd i hope we trade up to snag him for 2018

Why does Charley Casserly think Flacco needs a speed receiver so bad?? I would expect this kind of projection from one of the Bleacher Report or CBS Sports "analysts"...not Todd McShay or Casserly.

At this point everyone just puts something to be different lol 

My big board for Rd 1. 

1 Garrett

2 Adams 

3 Fournette 

4 Allen 

5 Foster 

6 Thomas

7 Hooker 

8 Lattimore 

9 Barnett 

10 M. Williams 

11 Corey Davis 

12 OJ Howard 

13 Gareon Conley 

14 John Ross 

15 Dalvin Cook 

16 Marlon Humphrey 

Pass rush and CB Round 1&2... Barnett,Harris,TakMckinley,Reddick,Charlton etc.
CBs- Sid. Jones injury makes him slide, just listening to Mailbag question bout Ravens possibly grabbing Sidney in round 2 or 3 similar to cowboys and Jaylen Smith last year... I would say I agree I hope they do.
But other options at CB regardless..Quincy Wilson,Lattimore,G.Conley etc

Being realistic: 

Tier 1 of hopeful/ realistic picks: 

Reuben Foster, Derek Barnett, M. Williams. 

Tier 2: 

Corey Davis, Marlon Humphrey, Tim Williams, Gareon Conley 

Tier 3 of last resorts: 

Cam Robinson, TJ Watt, John Ross, Charles Harris. 

#1 pick be a CB like Jimmy Smith and Ozzie and Co. will cross the T's and dot the I's! The Ravens are not a " Rest Haven " for veterans! It takes a eye to find talent and not money! The squeelers and pats just started spending money on players and Ozzie and Co have that same ability! I can't wait to see the swift moves the Ravens make in this drat because I liked last year's draft alot!

I would like to see the Ravens get Jabril Peppers. He can play safety or inside linebacker. I watched him at the combine and he was definitly the leader of all the DBs. Not only in ability but he just assumed the leadership roll. That's something we could use in a young guy.

since the top 8 are probably set, from 8th pick down,-
I think the Ravens will be looking at one of these players for #16-
M. Lattimore CB, Rueben Foster LB, Barrnett DE, MIke Williams WR,
Cory Davis WR, T White CB, Charles Harris DE , Dalvin Cook RB,

however battling - one the following- Teez Tabor CB, Gareon Conley CB, Adoree Jackson CB, T Charlton DE.

John Ross, J Peppers and Watt will fall too far down on the Raven's board.

"Much needed speed at wide receiver". Of all the things we need, a speedy WR is about the last thing on that list.

I would like to see the Ravens get Jabril Peppers. He can play safety or inside linebacker. I watched him at the combine and he was definitly the leader of all the DBs. Not only in ability but he just assumed the leadership roll. That's something we could use in a young guy.

He is a player maker. If he can play CB, I will draft him. We can use him as a nickel corner and push Young outside, or we can play 3 safeties package with both Peppers and T Jefferson been able to play linebacker. This will confuse the hell out of a lot of offensive.
I think if Barnett, Taco, M.Williams or Cook are not there at 16, I would not mind trading back and get Peppers with additional 2nd/3rd pk.

Were getting closer almost a month away so its time for another dream draft.
After following many reputable mocks(Walterfootball,Draftek,Cbs etc)

Heres another Dream Draft for Ravens

Round 1, Defensive Gamechanger preferably Pass Rush but Cb option aswell.
Players- Barnett, McKinley,Harris,Charlton,Reddick,Solomon Thomas, Allen etc
Cbs/dbs-Peppers,Lattimore,G.Conley,Q.Wilson etc

Rnd 2- Whatever you dont get round 1 get round 2(CB or Pass Rush)
Players- Reddick,Harris,Tj Watt, McKinley etc
Cbs- Maybe G.Conley still around, T.White, Tankersely, King, etc

Rnd 3 2 pks, Offense&Defense
Players possibly avail- Amarah Darboh, Chris Goodwin, Malachi Dupree,Dede Westbrook, Kupp, etc WRS
Jake Butt, Jordan Leggett, Bucky Hodges TE/WRs

Lbr Raekwon Mcmillion, Anthony Walker, Beckwith,
Cb Sutton, Lewis,Awuzie

Rnd 4
Dan Skipper, Zach Banner, McDermott etc OT/Gs

I don't see us taking Jabrill Peppers now since we got Jefferson. l think either Mike Williams or Derek Barnett would would make since.

Is it possible we could slide Jefferson next to Moseley and put Peppers with Weddle?

I've not been a fan of trading back. But i think this year we can trade back up to 10 spots and still get a solid player plus an extra 2nd/3rd round pick. Every mock draft I see, I check from 16 all the way to 26 to see who is still there. there always seems to be loads of talent.

If Sidney Jones fell to us in round 3, I'd take him, but round 2 we need the CB or rusher we don't get in the first.

4 hours ago, hen826957 said:

Is it possible we could slide Jefferson next to Moseley and put Peppers with Weddle?

Its possible but we didn't sign Jefferson to play LB. Jefferson kind of small (weight wise) to play LB right but if we need him in a emergency then he could play LB l guess.

People might hate this thought but I think Ross had a chance to be BPA at 16. It's not likely but he is a much more finished product that Perriman coming out. 

His routes are crisp and his hands are consistent. He is a game changer 

My only concerns on the list are Ross. He look tiny and in the NFL, he may get beat up in the middle. Lawson reminds me of Upshaw.

Does it really matter what anybody thinks till draft day? We are going to select the best player available at #16. My guess is its either a WR or an edge rusher. I think we sign Claiborne as long as he passes his physical and we'll wait till later in the draft to pick a corner. I think we go WR, OLB and O-line in the first 3 picks in whichever order the bpa falls to us.
So, I wouldn't discount one of Mike Williams, Corey Davis or John Ross in the 1st at all.

My only concerns on the list are Ross. He look tiny and in the NFL, he may get beat up in the middle. Lawson reminds me of Upshaw.

We don't need Ross. No way we take him. I was just thinking Lawson would be a nasty 2nd round pick if we could make that happen. He nasty, twitchier and more athletic than Upshaw imo

"Much needed speed at wide receiver". Of all the things we need, a speedy WR is about the last thing on that list.

Seriously. Such an uneducated statement. No wonder he's not in a FO anymore

Could've been an option if we didn't sign Jefferson. I think there is about a 1% chance we take him now. We're set at the Safety position for years, And Peppers is too small to play LB in the NFL. He would have to add 25lbs to even be a small ILB. I agree though, he was a leader at the combine.

At this point everyone just puts something to be different lol 

My big board for Rd 1. 

1 Garrett

2 Adams 

3 Fournette 

4 Allen 

5 Foster 

6 Thomas

7 Hooker 

8 Lattimore 

9 Barnett 

10 M. Williams 

11 Corey Davis 

12 OJ Howard 

13 Gareon Conley 

14 John Ross 

15 Dalvin Cook 

16 Marlon Humphrey 

Humphrey scares the crap out of me. Of all the people we might take, I really hope we don't take him.

Now that Sidney is out of the running for 16, this is a quick thought for our first few picks.
Trade down out of 16. Trade back up in the second round as well. Twice.
Get these 4 players with our first 4 picks. Wherever those 4 picks may be ( 1 in the bottom of the first and 3 in the second I'm thinking).
Quincy Wilson-cb
Carl Lawson-Edge
Pat Elfein- Center
Ju Ju Smith-wr

This plus signing Zach Brown = Baltimore vs New England in January
As well as us having very few holes for the present and near future, even if it would require giving up a couple future picks
Man, if we added Zach, Quincy, and Lawson to our D...................Cmon FO, finish this offseason off right! I knew your hair would be on fire this offseason. Good Work