• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
kjbmore

Another year of anaemic offense???

128 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, Ravens4Real said:

I don't care what happened in the game between us and the Dolphins. The fact still remains that they made the playoffs and the Ravens did not.

Its funny that you bring up how useless the Bills offense was when ours was just as bad as theirs. We scored 13 points. 

The Jets game, we lost plain and simple. I don't care what happened.

And exactly what would the Patriots do in our division every year? The Steelers were 0-2 against them last year, Bengals 0-1, Browns 0-1 and Brady almost threw for 500 yards in the spanking they gave us. 

You could make the same argument that they would do just as well in our division. The Steelers and Bengals do not match up well with them. We play them tough once in awhile. And the Browns are 2 free wins. 

so you don't care about the dolphins game... i wonder why

and you don't care about the jets game... hmmm

so you only care about the bills game... the first game of the season... seems to make sense

and to actually refute points - the dolphins limped into the playoffs on the back of a soft schedule and end of year collapses by the broncos, titans and ravens - they were not a good team but were able to ascend in a weak year for the afc full of mediocre teams - and you seem to be very results oriented in your analysis and yet discount that game because the ravens won which makes... sense?

the jets was a travesty of a performance with starters missing and murphy's law in full flow - if there's a game to discount its that one

you cant say that it doesnt matter how the jets game was won/lost because they won and yet say that the ravens almost lost the bills game - you must see the hypocrisy in that "analysis"

and all this was in an up year for the division... things look a lot worse for those three teams - the jets are free-falling to the bottom of the nfl and their good players are parachuting out as quick as they can (or are getting pushed out), the bills dont even really support their starting qb- have changed head coach and lost impact players also - their front office since the last couple of games of the regular season last year have given the washington front office a run for its money for sheer ineptitude, and the dolphins may well have missed their chance to do anything - they still have a middling qb, they put together an historic run, faced a ridiculously easy slate - 8 of their 16 games came against teams picking in the top 10 this year, they also played the rams, a roethlisberger-less steelers team, the cardinals (who are picking 13th) and a brady-less patriots - they only played 4 games against teams that reached the playoffs - two of which were missing their starting qb

- the entire division outside of new england had their highest heights in a while last year and are about to plummet again - no wonder new england always goes 12-4 because they literally get 6 guaranteed easy games a year

49 minutes ago, Adreme said:

The fact that they made the playoffs and what happened to them when they did kind of proves my point about the AFCEast as a whole.  I suspect that you actually see that but are avoiding admitting it because there is no way you honestly believe the AFCEast and AFCNorth are the same quality of division year in and year out.  Even in a down year for the north they were still a better division than the East.

Unlike most years though NE was just the only complete team in the NFL with every other AFC team either being a year too early or missing a core piece.  Judging by how the off-season played out and that said year has passed that likely will not be the case (though the Jets and Bill's will still stink with Dolphins being at best below average)

So making the playoffs and losing the first game is somehow worse than not making the playoffs at all?

The Patriots ran through the AFCNorth. I don't know what I am failing to admit? That they would not do as well in our division when the results say they certainly would? 5-0 against the AFCNorth last year. 5-1 in their division. What's better? 2013: 3-1 vs. AFCNorth. 4-2 in division. 2011: 3-1 to 5-1. The results show that they fare better against the teams in our division than their own. That isn't conjecture. That's cold hard facts.

Some of you have such extreme purple colored shades on that it's impossible to get across a point. 

7 minutes ago, Ravens4Real said:

So making the playoffs and losing the first game is somehow worse than not making the playoffs at all?

when they legitimately had no shot of winning a game then you could argue maybe it is worse: last year, the way i see it, is there were 5 playoff-worthy teams in the AFC but 6 have to get in every year - you could argue the same about the texans the year before

13 minutes ago, Ravens4Real said:

The Patriots ran through the AFCNorth. I don't know what I am failing to admit? That they would not do as well in our division when the results say they certainly would? 5-0 against the AFCNorth last year. 5-1 in their division. What's better? 2013: 3-1 vs. AFCNorth. 4-2 in division. 2011: 3-1 to 5-1. The results show that they fare better against the teams in our division than their own. That isn't conjecture. That's cold hard facts.

Some of you have such extreme purple colored shades on that it's impossible to get across a point. 

Generous to call the Dolphins-Steelers a 'game', they got the doors blown off at the coin toss lol

But point does stand, they did what they needed to get into the playoffs, the Ravens did not. Still think we were a better team, though, for whatever that matters.

15 minutes ago, Ravens4Real said:

Of course making the playoffs is ideal but let's not be delusional and pretend that the,teams that make the playoffs are always the best teams.  Miami played a soft schedule in a weak division and got crushed when they played decent teams.  Despite being one of the 6 AFC playoff teams in wouldn't even consider them in the top 8 in terms of best teams in AFC last year.

6 hours ago, Ravens4Real said:

Playing a team every year, twice a year is much different than facing them once in a while. 

Idk why this is going this far. 

The original point was simple. It wouldn't be as easy for the Pats to go 12-4 every year if they played in the AFCN. 

Could they? Yea. Would they some years? Sure. That's not the point. 

Were talking about a span of over a decade at this point. Playing in a much tougher, more physical division is going to make a difference. 1-2 loss difference every other year and their playoffs aren't as guaranteed. 

Even if they win as many games... facing harder fought, closer divisional games has a cumalitve effect over time. 

Thats all. The pats would be a great team no matter what. Maybe the greatest dynasty in sports history. So comparing what they do and making it an expectation for your own team is stupid. 

But playing in a tougher division would make the job harder. Idk how anyone could argue the AFCE has been even close to the AFCN over the past decade with how bad those teams have been for so long and how often we've sent 2 and even 3 teams to the playoffs. 

Youre trying to complicate this with specifics and semantics when the point is very simple and very clear. It'd be more difficult. Doesn't mean they'd struggle to make the playoffs. It'd just be harder to do so as easily as often. 

And taking away just 5-6 wins over a decade could be the difference in losing 2-3 first round byes.

So that means having to play an extra playoff game in 2-3 of their runs which could easily be the difference between 5 Super Bowls and 3.

Edited by BOLDnPurPnBlacK

Not sure where to put this, currently at a scholarship banquet that maxx williams is the guest speaker. Great young man. Still rehabbing the knee, one month away from running. Looks good though. Big man 

14 minutes ago, RAYvenFan20 said:

Not sure where to put this, currently at a scholarship banquet that maxx williams is the guest speaker. Great young man. Still rehabbing the knee, one month away from running. Looks good though. Big man 

That's so cool.

I have high hopes that he'll be able to stay healthy and become a contributor for our offense.