• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
kjbmore

Another year of anaemic offense???

128 posts in this topic

Last year's offense was lead by an incompetent, stubborn and dull OC who repeatedly refused to run the ball no matter the score or situation. To the surprise of everyone around the NFL he will be returning. Now the front office has chosen not to re-sign Rick Wagner, arguably the best RT in the league. They've let Juice go, which was a good call, but you are losing the best FB in the league and most versatile player on your offense. And your hall of fame WR just retired. 

The front office talked about building an elite OL being a priority, but the current starting RT is James Hurst, who will just get Flacco injured once again. There are no quality RT's left on the market and OT is often called the weakest position in this draft class. Even the few good ones are pretty much all LT's, and moving a guy to the other side of the line isn't always easy. Also, there are a number of teams desperate for tackles which could lead to them being over drafted. And Ozzie usually goes BPA by need. Center is now a huge need as well and depth is needed across the board.

TE: There's like 10 on the roster, but none of them have shown the ability to be a quality starter. Pitta completely limits the offense and none of the young guys have proven to be anything more than a move the chains type receiver. It isn't a bad group, but it's not dynamic at all and Flacco needs more help.

WR: No real number 1 guy here. I like Wallace a lot, but he will be 31 and could lose his speed at anytime. Perriman has amazing potential, but has a long way to go. He's faster than every DB in the league and bigger than 95% of them, but hasn't shown he can make more than the occasional splash play. There's nothing behind those two in terms of potential starters. So this seems like a below average group with the potential to be okay.

RB: Dixon got himself suspended for 4 games. Nice job Kenneth! West is an alright power back at best. Woodhead could be a great addition but is a 32-year old coming off an ACL tear. Lot of question marks here. Best case scenario it's a pretty good group.

And on top of all of this you're relying on Flacco to return to his pre-injury self. I've always been a Flacco fan, but he regressed big time last year. Right now Flacco needs help more than ever, but the exact opposite is happening.

We obviously still have the draft along with a small amount of money left after some more cuts, but that's a lot of immediate holes to fill. Right now we easily have one of the worst offenses in the league. The front office has never drafted a great offense and this is a very defensive heavy draft. Hard to say I have much faith the offense will be any better next year.

Edited by ravefan52

58 minutes ago, ravefan52 said:

Last year's offense was lead by an incompetent, stubborn and dull OC who repeatedly refused to run the ball no matter the score or situation. To the surprise of everyone around the NFL he will be returning. Now the front office has chosen not to re-sign Rick Wagner, arguably the best RT in the league. They've let Juice go, which was a good call, but you are losing the best FB in the league and most versatile player on your offense. And your hall of fame WR just retired. 

The front office talked about building an elite OL being a priority, but the current starting RT is James Hurst, who will just get Flacco injured once again. There are no quality RT's left on the market and OT is often called the weakest position in this draft class. Even the few good ones are pretty much all LT's, and moving a guy to the other side of the line isn't always easy. Also, there are a number of teams desperate for tackles which could lead to them being over drafted. And Ozzie usually goes BPA by need. Center is now a huge need as well and depth is needed across the board.

TE: There's like 10 on the roster, but none of them have shown the ability to be a quality starter. Pitta completely limits the offense and none of the young guys have proven to be anything more than a move the chains type receiver. It isn't a bad group, but it's not dynamic at all and Flacco needs more help.

WR: No real number 1 guy here. I like Wallace a lot, but he will be 31 and could lose his speed at anytime. Perriman has amazing potential, but has a long way to go. He's faster than every DB in the league and bigger than 95% of them, but hasn't shown he can make more than the occasional splash play. There's nothing behind those two in terms of potential starters. So this seems like a below average group with the potential to be okay.

RB: Dixon got himself suspended for 4 games. Nice job Kenneth! West is an alright power back at best. Woodhead could be a great addition but is a 32-year old coming off an ACL tear. Lot of question marks here. Best case scenario it's a pretty good group.

And on top of all of this you're relying on Flacco to return to his pre-injury self. I've always been a Flacco fan, but he regressed big time last year. Right now Flacco needs help more than ever, but the exact opposite is happening.

We obviously still have the draft along with a small amount of money left after some more cuts, but that's a lot of immediate holes to fill. Right now we easily have one of the worst offenses in the league. The front office has never drafted a great offense and this is a very defensive heavy draft. Hard to say I have much faith the offense will be any better next year.

I guess we have to wait next year to upgrade the offense a little more. Can't fill every hole in one year. This free agency wasn't that even spectacular on offense anyway. It was mostly just about out of their prime WRs. But l gotta asked you, how did you download that avatar photo? I try to download the exact same picture but it wouldn't let me download it because the picture file was too big.

Edited by hen826957

Unless we draft a LB, We probably gonna draft John Ross or Corey Davis with our 1st pick..  

We have 5 TE's ( injury, and suspension)

Wallace, Perriman, Moore 

West, Dixon, Woodhead.

I feel like we still missing a piece from being a SB contender

The offense needs a serious makeover and then we turn around and spend spend spend on a defensive unit that was ranked top 5 already last year. The offense was pedestrian last year, then we lose our best WR in Steve Smith, our starting RT, starting C, Juice, Aiken... a terrible unit has gotten significantly worse and we're out here throwing more money at a defense that easily could've just used the draft this year to make additions. This isn't a good offensive draft, we have far more holes than can be filled and yet again our big money QB get's left out in the cold.

No alpha WR, no playmaker at RB, no dynamic/versatile TE, OL in shambles. The front office has me seriously concerned, what roster are they looking at? Have they watched the offense the last 2 years? Do they not have the heart to tell the fans we're rebuilding this year because by the looks of things we're looking at a multi-year project to get this offense to a competitive level.

In all honesty, I see what the front office is doing and it's not a bad idea.  They are basically doing the same thing Pittsburgh did, but opposite.  The Steelers kept throwing talent on the offensive side while ignoring the defense. Now they are paying those players to retain them while focusing on defense.  It lead to an AFC Championship appearance and three straight years of playoff appearances after missing two in a row (2012 and 2013).

The Ravens have focused on defense, likely to combat that Steelers offense (which, if we're being honest, they've done better than most teams).  As of now, the only defensive starters we have over the age of 28 are Weddle (32) and Carr (30).  Possibly McClellan depending on who's the "starter" next to Mosely as of March 21st, 2017.  The only backups over 28 is Levine (29).  That's 4 total defensive players over the age of 28.  They've built a young defense that can spend the next few years contending with, and limiting, those top AFC offenses like Pittsburgh, New England, and Oakland. 

Now, they can focus on offensive youth in the draft and add more going forward in free agency.  And if they are really focused on regaining a power run game, then having the type of defense they just built could have this team once again looking like the 08 Ravens, but with a more a better and more experienced version of the rookie QB who made it to the Championship round on the back of the defense and run game.

The more I've thought about it, the more I'll be surprised if WR is NOT the pick at 16.  Maybe if all 3 are taken before hand.  Davis has ridiculous potential, Williams is already pro-ready and could be a dominant intermediate threat, and Ross is looking like a less feisty and younger Steve Smith Sr.  If all three are gone, I'd expect an edge rusher to round out the defense and a WR in the second (Zay Jones).

Sorry for the long post but, to me, it looks like the front office is building something that's slowly coming to fruition.  It'll come down to the finalized o-line imo

On 3/17/2017 at 9:11 PM, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

Pretty much every team in the NFL is 2 injuries away from having a poor WR group. 

If Dez Bryan and Williams go down the cowboys are starting Cole Beasley and who? If Antonio brown and Sammie Coates go down who are the Steelers WRs? Eagles just made the most FA splash at WR and still if Alshon and Matthews go down they're starting Torrey Smith and Nelson Aghalor. Gimme Wallace and Moore.

And it's very fair to say Camps injury prone.... but not Perriman. He had two freak injuries not nagging muscle stuff like Camp that doesn't go away. 

And FA isn't over plus the draft. 

I know we have all these games coming up in April that everyone is so anxious what our roster will look like for them.....

oh wait?? We don't play for almost 6 months?

There's a massive difference from already having one of the worst WR groups in the league compared to the Steelers and Cowboys. 

Also, you missed the point completely. Outside of Dez, both those teams don't really have any injury concerns at WR. So I'm not sure what your comparison is getting at. 

Perrimen has been in the league two years and has had two major injuries to his lower body. I would consider that injury prone. 

I'm not even going to comment on Camp because he can't stay on the field long enough to deserve a comment.

My initial point meant that we are a couple plays away from having the worst WR group in the NFL. We already have one in the bottom 10 and I know it's hard for some of you to accept that.

53 minutes ago, Ravens4Real said:

There's a massive difference from already having one of the worst WR groups in the league compared to the Steelers and Cowboys. 

Also, you missed the point completely. Outside of Dez, both those teams don't really have any injury concerns at WR. So I'm not sure what your comparison is getting at. 

Perrimen has been in the league two years and has had two major injuries to his lower body. I would consider that injury prone. 

I'm not even going to comment on Camp because he can't stay on the field long enough to deserve a comment.

My initial point meant that we are a couple plays away from having the worst WR group in the NFL. We already have one in the bottom 10 and I know it's hard for some of you to accept that.

Saying someone is injury prone due to 2 freak injuries is like saying they are an all pro after catching 2 deep balls.  He had no injury history before this and they have no connection to each other.

How good the Ravens WR Corp is comes down to how much Perriman develops in his first off season and TC.  If he does one of the better groups in the NFL if not it's likely one of the worst.

If the Ravens took a WR I wouldn't be shocked nor would I be shocked with a pass rusher corner or tackle.  The RT beingby far the Ravens biggest need.

1 hour ago, Ravens4Real said:

No i do accept that we wont have a top WR group... regardless of what we do at this point, which is why i dont understand the crying.

There's also a massive difference between not having great WRs, and not being able to have a successful, balanced offense (which is what this thread is about).

As we've seen time and time again... for example the Broncos this past year, you can have Thomas and Sanders, but if the OL cant protect or block for the run game -- WRs dont = offense.

Weapons cant do anything if they dont have the time, or the space to operate. Adding weapons before weve got the OL is putting cart before the horse a little bit.

I also didnt see the passing game as the biggest issue with our offense. Fixing and committing to the run game has to be the primary goal. That alone should give us drastic improvement in the efficiency of the passing game. Less crowded secondaries, more manageable 2nd and 3rd downs, higher conversion rates, longer/sustained drives, PA opportunities, more big plays, and less predictability.

If we run the ball more, and we need to increase our rushing attempts a TON to have any semblance of a balanced offense, then there will be less targets for receivers to begin with.... which eases the burden on replacing some of the lost production from SSS and Juice.

And, it would stand to reason that if we're running the ball more often, we'll also more often be in personnel packages that call for multiple TEs on the field at once.... which again allows us to be very diverse and unpredictable from traditional rushing personnel groupings.

More use of the TEs and more use of multiple TEs specifically, again decreases the available opportunity to WRs.

So, im not pretending we have a great WR group. Far from it as it stands. I just dont think more talented WRs is even close to the biggest issue holding the offense back. I see most of the issues as being interconnected, and by fixing the biggest (the run game) it will do more for jump starting the passing game than anything else -- including adding a WR.

Edited by BOLDnPurPnBlacK

13 minutes ago, Adreme said:

Saying someone is injury prone due to 2 freak injuries is like saying they are an all pro after catching 2 deep balls.  He had no injury history before this and they have no connection to each other.

How good the Ravens WR Corp is comes down to how much Perriman develops in his first off season and TC.  If he does one of the better groups in the NFL if not it's likely one of the worst.

If the Ravens took a WR I wouldn't be shocked nor would I be shocked with a pass rusher corner or tackle.  The RT beingby far the Ravens biggest need.

That analogy is probably one of the worst I have ever heard. It's just an SMH type comment. 

Even if Perriman comes along and has an even 1,000 yard season. (Massive stretch already) we still wouldn't have one of the best WR groups in the league. We'd be the middle of the pack. Can Perriman duplicate what SSS did last year? Well even if he did, we still had a pretty poor passing game. 

4 minutes ago, Ravens4Real said:

That analogy is probably one of the worst I have ever heard. It's just an SMH type comment. 

Even if Perriman comes along and has an even 1,000 yard season. (Massive stretch already) we still wouldn't have one of the best WR groups in the league. We'd be the middle of the pack. Can Perriman duplicate what SSS did last year? Well even if he did, we still had a pretty poor passing game. 

How many teams have the best WR groups in the league?

4 minutes ago, usmccharles said:

How many teams have the best WR groups in the league?

Well since I said "one of the best", I would say that would be top ten.

11 minutes ago, Ravens4Real said:

That's why I said above average.  Also SSS was not very good last year.  He lost a step or 2 due that injury.  He had moments of greatness but he couldn't recapture his previous form

3 minutes ago, Ravens4Real said:

Well since I said "one of the best", I would say that would be top ten.

Yea I know, its just seems so many people are caught up having a elite WR group which I think is overrated.  I think we just need a collective group, like in 12', Im with you on our WR group needing to be addressed, but I also don't think we need a top ten corps, imo a running game is far more important. 

Just now, usmccharles said:

Yea I know, its just seems so many people are caught up having a elite WR group which I think is overrated.  I think we just need a collective group, like in 12', Im with you on our WR group needing to be addressed, but I also don't think we need a top ten corps, imo a running game is far more important. 

You build a top 10 or top 5 ideally OLine and the rest of the offense will fall in line.  You give any WR enough time they will get open, you give a RB. American home he will get yards.  OLine wins games more than any other position on offense 

12 minutes ago, Adreme said:

You build a top 10 or top 5 ideally OLine and the rest of the offense will fall in line.  You give any WR enough time they will get open, you give a RB. American home he will get yards.  OLine wins games more than any other position on offense 

Completely agree.  Guess I just misunderstood your premise

1 hour ago, usmccharles said:

I mean yeah I agree. Build the O line and hopefully stuff will begin to work for our Offense. The only problem with 12' is that people forget how fortunate in the first place we were to even make the playoffs that year. Obviously the offense took off in the playoffs and that's where we'd like to see it.

This speaks to how below average we have been as an overall team in the regular season for a long while now. It would be nice to go into week 16-18 once in awhile not needing help just to make it into the playoffs.

3 hours ago, Ravens4Real said:

Today class, we're going to be learning about irony...

4 hours ago, Ravens4Real said:

ok then...

1) yes we have a bad wr crop and bad depth at the moment but i dont think anyone truly believes that oz and eric arent going to add more pieces (i personally am way more worried about fixing the oline than i am the wr corps)

2) you could make this comment virtually about any position group on any team... - you could look at the dbs for both the steelers and the cowboys and have the same situation as our wr corps: they have no one and yet they aren't being lambasted - in fact the cowboys have lost 2/3 of their starting dbs and they were already a bare closet in the secondary before that

3) they may not have such injury issues throughout (we only have two receivers with "injury issues" anyway), but there are problems with availability throughout both teams corps: the steelers have sammie coates who cant catch, they have martavis bryant who literally has been suspended for more games than he has played and who is technically their number 2, they just lost their other "starter" to free agency (and he was injury prone while he was still in pittsburgh), the cowboys have dez bryant who has not been consistently healthy until the end of this year or at least a couple of years and ok cole beasley is pretty steady in terms of availability and so is terrance williams (although he's not exactly a star in the making - he's a solid number 3 receiver)

4) Perriman has had 2 freak injuries that you cant really account for - he made it through the entirety of the 2016 season without missing a game despite missing both of his training camps to those freak injuries - to me that's not injury prone that's almost heartbreakingly unlucky

5) camp is a playmaker when he's on the field and yes his injuries are annoying but he has shown that he can make big plays if he can only stay on the field so he's not a bare bones start from scratch kind of player who has shown nothing - our hope is not for him to "make the leap" per se (although that would be nice) but to stay healthy for the year

6) you're right that we now have a bottom 10 wide receiver corps but that probably wasnt the case before free agency and it might not be by the time we finish the draft

happy?

2 hours ago, Ravens4Real said:

I mean yeah I agree. Build the O line and hopefully stuff will begin to work for our Offense. The only problem with 12' is that people forget how fortunate in the first place we were to even make the playoffs that year. Obviously the offense took off in the playoffs and that's where we'd like to see it.

This speaks to how below average we have been as an overall team in the regular season for a long while now. It would be nice to go into week 16-18 once in awhile not needing help just to make it into the playoffs.

So because we didnt make the playoffs in easy fashion it diminishes the path?  Its not easy for a lot of teams to make the playoffs, even when some times easily do they cant make any noise at all.  Yea, it would be nice to go undefeated every year and win the SB, doesnt work like that, we arent the only team trying to win the SB. 

1 hour ago, usmccharles said:

So because we didnt make the playoffs in easy fashion it diminishes the path?  Its not easy for a lot of teams to make the playoffs, even when some times easily do they cant make any noise at all.  Yea, it would be nice to go undefeated every year and win the SB, doesnt work like that, we arent the only team trying to win the SB. 

If we are aspiring to be the best team in the league, then why can't it be easy to make the playoffs? 

The Patriots have made it look pretty dang simple the past 10-15 years. And I don't want to hear about the level of competition in each teams division. They are still NFL teams and they have owned their division year after year and have had great super bowl success.

5 minutes ago, Ravens4Real said:

If we are aspiring to be the best team in the league, then why can't it be easy to make the playoffs? 

The Patriots have made it look pretty dang simple the past 10-15 years. And I don't want to hear about the level of competition in each teams division. They are still NFL teams and they have owned their division year after year and have had great super bowl success.

Playing in the AFCEast the division of basement dwellers that have no desire to ever be good sort of does that.  You can put blinders on about the level of competition all you want, there is a reason the Bills have not made the playoffs in 18 years, the Dolphins are never more then average (note how they were the 2nd best team in the AFCE last year and how badly the Ravens destroyed them) and the Jets who are well they are the Jets.  

All you need to do is get to the playoffs with a playoff QB and you have a chance in January as long as those 2 things happen you can compete for a SB every year.

1 hour ago, rossihunter2 said:

r ball catchers were not good. not even sur how its subject for debatin. r we betta this yr? no.

13 minutes ago, Ravens4Real said:

1 hour ago, rossihunter2 said:

ok then...

1) yes we have a bad wr crop and bad depth at the moment but i dont think anyone truly believes that oz and eric arent going to add more pieces (i personally am way more worried about fixing the oline than i am the wr corps)

we shulda resigned torreysmith, but other than him oz and decoste have no good record draffin wrs. we need big oline to. but some truly believe oz and decoste shuld not be makin wr decisons cuz addin a wr is pointless if they cant pic a good one.

2 hours ago, Ravens4Real said:

OK, i guess it is pretty easy when you have the best QB/coach combo of all time.  NE is an outlier but good luck comparing us (any team for that matter) to them...

Sometimes what you want isnt logical

Edited by usmccharles

12 hours ago, sflegend89 said:

The offense needs a serious makeover and then we turn around and spend spend spend on a defensive unit that was ranked top 5 already last year. The offense was pedestrian last year, then we lose our best WR in Steve Smith, our starting RT, starting C, Juice, Aiken... a terrible unit has gotten significantly worse and we're out here throwing more money at a defense that easily could've just used the draft this year to make additions. This isn't a good offensive draft, we have far more holes than can be filled and yet again our big money QB get's left out in the cold.

No alpha WR, no playmaker at RB, no dynamic/versatile TE, OL in shambles. The front office has me seriously concerned, what roster are they looking at? Have they watched the offense the last 2 years? Do they not have the heart to tell the fans we're rebuilding this year because by the looks of things we're looking at a multi-year project to get this offense to a competitive level.

I wish Steve Smith could've help us to play one more year until we find his replacement next year but anyway; free agency on offense wasn't really spectacular. It was mostly 30+ year old recievers in the market that was close to be out of his prime. Also RB's and OL. I'm glad the upgrade the defense. I was tired of the secondary causing us to lose at the last possession of the game. The draft could help us a little as well I need 2018. 2018 could be a good year for us. 

9 hours ago, Adreme said:

Playing in the AFCEast the division of basement dwellers that have no desire to ever be good sort of does that.  You can put blinders on about the level of competition all you want, there is a reason the Bills have not made the playoffs in 18 years, the Dolphins are never more then average (note how they were the 2nd best team in the AFCE last year and how badly the Ravens destroyed them) and the Jets who are well they are the Jets.  

All you need to do is get to the playoffs with a playoff QB and you have a chance in January as long as those 2 things happen you can compete for a SB every year.

The Bills, who we barely were able to beat, the Dolphins who made the playoffs and we didn't and the Jets who also beat us last year... 

If those three teams are all horrible in your eyes, where do we rank as a team? 

The Bills, who we barely were able to beat, the Dolphins who made the playoffs and we didn't and the Jets who also beat us last year... 

I like how you focus on the result of the Bills and Jets game but ignore the one for the Dolphins game because it hurts your point.  Also considering how useless the Bills offense was against the Ravens at no point did I ever think the Ravens could lose.  The Jets winning that game was an upset.  Upsets do happen though otherwise the Pats would go 6-0 in the division every every year but sometimes they go 5-1 or maybe on crazy years 4-2.  It still does not change that the AFC East is notoriously bad and has been and will continue to be.

We beat the Bills handily and blew the Jets game. We were clearly superior to all 3 actually watching the game.

Even if we take your point seriously, thats a 1 year snapshot, where your point was about the Pats year in and year out getting into the playoffs easily -- so 1 "up" year for the rest of the AFCE (which is honestly sad that '16 was an "up" year for them) does not change the point.

In a year where the AFC had no real stand out teams other than the Pats and maybe KC, yes the Dolphins snuck in. But were comparing that to the AFCN who for the better part of a decade has almost every year had 3 teams in the playoff hunt up until week 17 with a head-to-head division game taht week often deciding the division winner or WC picture.

It's not to say the Pats havent been incredible and the model of success.... but if they had to play 2 games against Pitt, Balt, and Cinci every year they wouldnt just be cruising to #1 seeds or have the division locked up by like week 12 every year.

2 hours ago, Adreme said:

I like how you focus on the result of the Bills and Jets game but ignore the one for the Dolphins game because it hurts your point.  Also considering how useless the Bills offense was against the Ravens at no point did I ever think the Ravens could lose.  The Jets winning that game was an upset.  Upsets do happen though otherwise the Pats would go 6-0 in the division every every year but sometimes they go 5-1 or maybe on crazy years 4-2.  It still does not change that the AFC East is notoriously bad and has been and will continue to be.

I don't care what happened in the game between us and the Dolphins. The fact still remains that they made the playoffs and the Ravens did not.

Its funny that you bring up how useless the Bills offense was when ours was just as bad as theirs. We scored 13 points. 

The Jets game, we lost plain and simple. I don't care what happened.

And exactly what would the Patriots do in our division every year? The Steelers were 0-2 against them last year, Bengals 0-1, Browns 0-1 and Brady almost threw for 500 yards in the spanking they gave us. 

You could make the same argument that they would do just as well in our division. The Steelers and Bengals do not match up well with them. We play them tough once in awhile. And the Browns are 2 free wins. 

8 minutes ago, Ravens4Real said:

I don't care what happened in the game between us and the Dolphins. The fact still remains that they made the playoffs and the Ravens did not.

Its funny that you bring up how useless the Bills offense was when ours was just as bad as theirs. We scored 13 points. 

The Jets game, we lost plain and simple. I don't care what happened.

And exactly what would the Patriots do in our division every year? The Steelers were 0-2 against them last year, Bengals 0-1, Browns 0-1 and Brady almost threw for 500 yards in the spanking they gave us. 

You could make the same argument that they would do just as well in our division. The Steelers and Bengals do not match up well with them. We play them tough once in awhile. And the Browns are 2 free wins. 

The fact that they made the playoffs and what happened to them when they did kind of proves my point about the AFCEast as a whole.  I suspect that you actually see that but are avoiding admitting it because there is no way you honestly believe the AFCEast and AFCNorth are the same quality of division year in and year out.  Even in a down year for the north they were still a better division than the East.

Unlike most years though NE was just the only complete team in the NFL with every other AFC team either being a year too early or missing a core piece.  Judging by how the off-season played out and that said year has passed that likely will not be the case (though the Jets and Bill's will still stink with Dolphins being at best below average)

13 minutes ago, Ravens4Real said:

When we you see a team 2 time a year, year in and year out, it changes things.