• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
BR News

[News] Late For Work 3/14: Remember Anquan Boldin Wanted To Retire A Raven? Maybe He Still Can

58 posts in this topic

Ozzie Newsome is creating more cap space with two moves. Does that mean the Ravens are close to another signing? Baltimore is reportedly exploring re-signing Lardarius Webb. The Chargers released tackle King Dunlap, who has Baltimore connections.

View the full article

If we can sign "Q" for around the same price the Lions did last season he would likely contribute "Only" 60 catches, move the chains, and provide a tough winning attitude.

If we can sign "Q" for around the same price the Lions did last season he would likely contribute "Only" 60 catches, move the chains, and provide a tough winning attitude.

Sounds like a weaker version of Dennis Pitta, who we just asked to take a paycut.

I rest my case.

Re-sign Boldin and hire Ed Reed as DB coach. Get some old time attitude back in this team. Hire Ray Lewis as introduction leader for the team. I know our present head coach seemed to be affraid of STRONG players but maybe we could get 2-3 wins out of an up beat team compaired to the slow, dull team we presently have.

36 minutes ago, whobilly said:

Sounds like a weaker version of Dennis Pitta, who we just asked to take a paycut.

I rest my case.

Yeah, can't wait for Chris Moore to light it up with his contribution of 11 catches. I rest my case.

36 minutes ago, whobilly said:

I rest my case.

2 million and a slot receiver. Obviously a different type of player. Low money for a PROVEN WINNER.

42 minutes ago, whobilly said:

I rest my case.

"Q" a weaker version of Pitta?? You are trying to be humorous... right?

29 minutes ago, rmcjacket23 said:
  46 minutes ago, whobilly said:

I rest my case.

Snow storms mess with your mind from time to time I guess. "Q" would be a great signing at the right price.

16 hours ago, whobilly said:
17 hours ago, rmcjacket23 said:
  45 minutes ago, whobilly said:

I rest my case.

Yeah, can't wait for Chris Moore to light it up with his contribution of 11 catches. I rest my case.

And if he gets 200 yards with those 11 catches, that makes us better off. No shortage of other guys on the team that can catch the other 40 balls.

Point was clear... the quantity of receptions an offensive player has literally nothing to do with how good the offense is.

Dennis Pitta caught a lot more than 60 balls last season, and we asked him to take a paycut.

That's how valuable those catches were.

boldin would be great for the young receivers

Would be great to add a PROVEN WINNER to the roster.

28 minutes ago, rmcjacket23 said:

I rest my case.

2 million and a slot receiver. Obviously a different type of player. Low money for a PROVEN WINNER.

Pitta essentially is a slot receiver. What position did you think he played?

In fact, they're not different types of players at all. They were both extremely inefficient catching the football last season. They were essentially the same player, with one having more volume. And no, I don't care about the # of TDs either caught, because that's a proven unsustainable metric with large fluctuations on an annual basis.

Individual football players aren't proven winners, especially at the WR position. He, like every other player on the field, is completely and utterly dependent on other players on the team to make him a winner.

28 minutes ago, rmcjacket23 said:

I rest my case.

No, they're the same player at this point. Like literally I don't see what one brings that the other doesn't.

13 minutes ago, b93333 said:
  39 minutes ago, rmcjacket23 said:
  57 minutes ago, whobilly said:

I rest my case.

No, they're the same player at this point. Like literally I don't see what one brings that the other doesn't.

Red Zone Presence(8 TD's last season). Makes contested catches. Great physical blocker. That would be Boldin NOT Pitta.

Ravens looking for a dependable possession receiver with great hands who can run great routes and score in the red zone. Hello? Who does that sound like? Hint : he played here before.

17 minutes ago, whobilly said:
  39 minutes ago, rmcjacket23 said:
  57 minutes ago, whobilly said:

I rest my case.

Pitta essentially is a slot receiver. What position did you think he played?

In fact, they're not different types of players at all. They were both extremely inefficient catching the football last season. They were essentially the same player, with one having more volume. And no, I don't care about the # of TDs either caught, because that's a proven unsustainable metric with large fluctuations on an annual basis.

Individual football players aren't proven winners, especially at the WR position. He, like every other player on the field, is completely and utterly dependent on other players on the team to make him a winner.

Individual Players aren't proven winners? I get that it's a team game but I believe Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Rodgers, Brady, and a long list of players would fall into the category of proven winners.

16 minutes ago, rmcjacket23 said:
  25 minutes ago, b93333 said:
  52 minutes ago, rmcjacket23 said:
  1 hour ago, whobilly said:

I rest my case.

Red Zone Presence(8 TD's last season). Makes contested catches. Great physical blocker. That would be Boldin NOT Pitta.

1. Then why did he only have 9 TDs the two years prior? What, did he just learn how to be a Red Zone presence?

Or how about he had 7 regular season TDs in his last two years in Baltimore? Why was that?

2. Pitta makes contested catches. That's kind of what he's most valuable for.

3. Ahh, so we're paying a WR a couple million to block now? Yeah, that'll get us over the hump.

1 minute ago, rmcjacket23 said:

1. Then why did he only have 9 TDs the two years prior? What, did he just learn how to be a Red Zone presence?

Or how about he had 7 regular season TDs in his last two years in Baltimore? Why was that?

3. Ahh, so we're paying a WR a couple million to block now? Yeah, that'll get us over the hump.

haha, might as well bring kamar aiken back then rather than boldin

Re-sign Boldin and hire Ed Reed as DB coach. Get some old time attitude back in this team. Hire Ray Lewis as introduction leader for the team. I know our present head coach seemed to be affraid of STRONG players but maybe we could get 2-3 wins out of an up beat team compaired to the slow, dull team we presently have.

What does the introduction leader do? Chuckx99 cmon man you aren't fooling anyone. You don't know much of anything about football. Some of the terms you use and the ideas you have are quite frankly, bizarre.

24 minutes ago, rmcjacket23 said:

haha, might as well bring kamar aiken back then rather than boldin

Or neither.

Too many good CB's are gonna be available in the draft that can play right away, also I think Levine can be a asset at S. I wouldn't block those spots with a declining Webb. I do like Anquan to come back but that's after the draft, if we don't fill the Wr need then bring him back. He gets open, he is tough, he makes contested catches, he offers professionalism but he is 36 yrs old.

2 hours ago, whobilly said:

I rest my case.

Sorry, but Boldin is NOT a weaker version of Dennis Pitta. How do you even back that statement up? Boldin has missed just 2 games in the last 4 years, and hauled in 8 TD passes last season. Even at 36 years old, I'd rather have him on the field than Pitta.

10 minutes ago, Maurice0094 said:

Too many good CB's are gonna be available in the draft that can play right away, also I think Levine can be a asset at S. I wouldn't block those spots with a declining Webb. I do like Anquan to come back but that's after the draft, if we don't fill the Wr need then bring him back. He gets open, he is tough, he makes contested catches, he offers professionalism but he is 36 yrs old.

Be careful when alluding to those College guys as "Play right now". We have seen time and time again that many can't make the jump to the NFL tier right away. Just look at Lattimore. He couldn't stay healthy on the college level with hamstring problems. NFL training, practices and games are much more rigorous then anything they have ever done.

1 hour ago, rmcjacket23 said:

I rest my case.

Sorry, but Boldin is NOT a weaker version of Dennis Pitta. How do you even back that statement up? Boldin has missed just 2 games in the last 4 years, and hauled in 8 TD passes last season. Even at 36 years old, I'd rather have him on the field than Pitta.

1. I don't care about TD catches, because they are too inconsistent for just about every WR. He caught 8 last year and 7 the two years prior.

2. A lesser version to the extent of receptions, which is what the original commenter said we should sign him for.

If the basis for signing him is so that he will simply catch passes, then he's a lesser version of Pitta to that extent.

3. I don't want Boldin because I want to get younger and better at that position (and frankly most positions). I don't think anybody is looking at this team or roster thinking that we are in a position to make some sort of SB run next season.

Signing him would be some sort of fan-favorite nostalgia move I guess, but I fail to see how the Baltimore Ravens are a better football team long term by signing him.

CB toughest position to play, and only very few rooks have lived up to the hype when played right away...Every rook CB will go through growing pains....Bringing Webb back to me makes the most sense, he know the system inside and out, and now has played all secondary spots.....With how our CB's go down bringing him back would be a plus IMO....And he is a heck of a leader who will tutor rooks...Bring him back Oz....

16 minutes ago, Maurice0094 said:

Be careful when alluding to those College guys as "Play right now". We have seen time and time again that many can't make the jump to the NFL tier right away. Just look at Lattimore. He couldn't stay healthy on the college level with hamstring problems. NFL training, practices and games are much more rigorous then anything they have ever done.

CB in particular is a position you should never have high expectations for a year 1 contribution. Speed of the game alone takes years to get used to, and a lot of your first round corners end up playing as the #3 or #4 corner in nickel/dime packages for much of their rookie year.

I would have zero expectations that a 1st round corner we take is going to line up outside and start covering quality WRs by himself.

Wow! This discussion got heated up fast!

I would welcome Boldin back if he accepts the same money that we offered to hurst, camp, and Jensen. That said, I would welcome him more because of my love for his game than anything else. At this point in his career, he won't offer much more than a redzone target (yes he's better than anyone we have in the redzone) and a mentor to Perriman.

arguing that Boldin will win us another super bowl is 4 years too late but I still love Q and think he has something to offer if he does end up in Baltimore. I have to admit tho, I expected more than just a 3rd WR in FA. I was hoping for someone like a B.Marshall or Garçon but those ships have sailed. 

On another note, retracting the tenders on Huff and Roll makes a lot more sense than spending 3.4 million on backups of backups. If we land Clayborn and Webb then we start the season with arguably the best secondary in the NFL 

28 minutes ago, robbie29 said:
  2 hours ago, rmcjacket23 said:

I rest my case.

1. I don't care about TD catches, because they are too inconsistent for just about every WR. He caught 8 last year and 7 the two years prior.

2. A lesser version to the extent of receptions, which is what the original commenter said we should sign him for.

If the basis for signing him is so that he will simply catch passes, then he's a lesser version of Pitta to that extent.

3. I don't want Boldin because I want to get younger and better at that position (and frankly most positions). I don't think anybody is looking at this team or roster thinking that we are in a position to make some sort of SB run next season.

Signing him would be some sort of fan-favorite nostalgia move I guess, but I fail to see how the Baltimore Ravens are a better football team long term by signing him.

"I don't care about TD catches"

Seriously?

In 17 seasons, 10 playoff appearances w/ 2 Superbowls, 1 and done like 2 times...no team has been that consistent besides the Patriots and Steelers