Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BR News

[News] Lardarius Webb Posts Touching Goodbye To Baltimore

21 posts in this topic

Lardarius Webb came to Baltimore as a small-school, small-framed prospect in 2009. Since then, he became not only a major fixture on the field, but in the community. Here's what he had to say after being released last week.

View the full article

Will miss you Webby. Hope to see you possibly come back to finish your career here.

Lardarius Webb and Michael Mcrary were my two favorite ravens of all time.  Maybe not flashy or loud, but gave their all. 

Being stationed in Georga I made the 4 hour trip to the Ravens Vs Jaguars game last year in Jacksonville. Out of every Raven in the roster Webb was the only one to come show traveling Ravens fans some love at the end of the game. He will be missed!

Webby was one of my favorite players. I will miss him dearly. It's so sad when "one of our own" has to leave. Webb will always be a Raven to me. It will be hard to see him put on another uniform.

Gulp.........There are just some player's that you get accustomed to. Webby, was one of them. :141847_thud:Sad to see him go, but I know this is a business, and that is just the way it goes. Good Luck Lardarius Webb, wherever your venture may take you!!!

I will miss him if this is truly the end of his Ravens career but there is a chance the Ravens will bring him back...if he's willing to take a lesser role in the defense. Some other team out there might be willing to give him a chance at a starting job, but who knows.

Webby was the man at CB before all the injuries and he was looking pretty good at safety about half way through the season. If we can bring him back I will be happy.

After McAllister left....we drafted Webby to fill in that corner role....

In typical No. 21 fashion, he played admirably...the thing I noticed, is how violently he played at the line as a press corner in his early years....Thank you bud and I wish you the very best!

Webb was the best punt returner they ever had, other than Reed. I understand, when he became their full time no.1 corner, they hesitated to put him back there any more, just like Reed. But heck, every time he got hurt, it was playing D, not returning. Don't know why they didn't use him back there the last several years, considering the other dozen or so guys they've used the last decade or so have been awful. One of the most underrated Ravens. Not out of the question he could be back. Never know.

Webb was the best punt returner they ever had, other than Reed. I understand, when he became their full time no.1 corner, they hesitated to put him back there any more, just like Reed. But heck, every time he got hurt, it was playing D, not returning. Don't know why they didn't use him back there the last several years, considering the other dozen or so guys they've used the last decade or so have been awful. One of the most underrated Ravens. Not out of the question he could be back. Never know.

Maybe he comes back. I doubt he would post a farewell if the chances of that happening were reasonable. For a smaller frame player he played much bigger than his size. Good luck on your journey Webb.

Lardarius Webb, one of the true good guys in sports. He put his own needs on the back burner to help the team. How many of these greedy suckers can say that with a straight face. Looks like Pitta this year. So sorry to see his performance fall off so badly. Injuries took their toll on him, yet he did not complain, and always gave us his best. Wish him nothing but good luck in the future. Just a great man.

I will always remember Webb because I was at the draft when the Ravens picked him. I hope he comes back and retires a Raven one day. He is a guy who was always putting the team first.

Lardarius Webb is a class act! He was never the biggest, strongest or fastest, but he played with heart and no fear. Whatever you decide to do, Webby, you will always be a Raven! God speed!

I cannot tell a lie when Ozzie and Co pick a player it's Love at first site and when I saw Webby and the school he came from I just knew there was something special about him and it was is! Little Ed Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeed I always called him because he did everything Ed did! Played in the secondary returned punts and fielded the ball inside the 20yd line for field position! Whom will do this now is the question? ! Webby is a Raven and he will retire a Raven no doubt! SALUTE

Yep, my daughter and myself have been true Lardarius Webb fans since he was a rookie..... Thank you Lardarius, best wishes to you and your family, you are a true Raven, and you will stay in our hearts always 💜🏈

Wow, that video just broke my heart!   Webby you will be missed and I sincerely hope that you have a chance to come back.  You were one of the Ravens that truly embraced the fan base and it will never be forgotten.  Thank you Webby for all you have done on and off the field for our team and the community!

:18_1_328:

Webby had some real good years in there, and was a significant part of some real good Ravens defenses, before the injuries started to bite. Thanks for the memories....always a Raven in my book.