Steve0x

Congrats Maryland in NCAA Tourney!!

9 posts in this topic

I'm on a Terp board and don't understand the entitled attitude.  They want a coach fired after 3 straight tourney appearances, makes no sense to me.  

Losing  Cekovski didn't help them, but Melo played like pooh. Don't see how he can enter the draft after this poor season.

Seems Xavier is the real deal. Terps first round exit doesn't look so bad now. 

Xavier is making a run but it ends soon.  Looking at the teams playing this weekend it's clear the Terps don't come close to matching the athleticism we are seeing now.  And those teams don't have their star player go 1-9 from 3.

Melo is gone and he hopes to cash checks overseas.   Nothing wrong with that at all, I wish him well.

18 hours ago, DaveinMtAiry said:

Xavier is making a run but it ends soon.  Looking at the teams playing this weekend it's clear the Terps don't come close to matching the athleticism we are seeing now.  And those teams don't have their star player go 1-9 from 3.

Melo is gone and he hopes to cash checks overseas.   Nothing wrong with that at all, I wish him well.

I don't think anyone would have expected Maryland to make a serious bid the the NC, but I also don't think many expected them to get bounced in the first round either. As you mentioned, Melo went stone cold, and that happened too often at the wrong times this year. 

Jackson, Huerter and Cowan are a solid core for next year and will have a year of experience to build on. I only see the Terps getting better, even if Melo is gone. 

Still not sure Cowan can be a really good PG and that is the key position in college basketball.  I expect Heurter and Jackson to take big jumps next year. The freshman big man will he a big help, not so sure about the guard Morsell helping much as a freshman.   One knock of Turge that I think has merit is the lack of player development, few seem to improve dramatically over the years.