• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
EdTheMythicalOne

Who Should the Ravens Draft?

45 posts in this topic

Let's say for some reason Jamal  Adams falls to us ..who is obviously a top 5 talent.. But then we also have Corey Davis fall to us or Barnett. Do we take the position of need or do we go with the BPA who plays a position we are absolutely set at?  I don't think you could pass up a top 5 talent that could turn out to be a complete stud- esp BC weddles not exactly young. I would still be pretty torn here... What about these other scenarios...

Adams > Davis 

Adams < Mike Williams

Adams < Barnett

Adams > Humphrey ??

Adams < Fournette

Fournette > Davis

Fournette < Mike Williams

Foster < Lattimore ??

Foster > Mike Williams??

Completely irrelevant BC it would never happen- just some hypotheticals. Then again nobody thought Tunsil would evn sniff outside of the top 10..things happen. So you have to be prepared for anything.

Edited by January J

1 minute ago, January J said:

Let's say for some reason Jamal  Adams falls to us ..who is obviously a top 5 talent.. But then we also have Corey Davis fall to us or Barnett. Do we take the position of need or do we go with the BPA who plays a position we are absolutely set at?  I don't think you could pass up a top 5 talent that could turn out to be a complete stud- esp BC weddles not exactly young. I would still be pretty torn here... What about these other scenarios...

Adams > Davis 

Adams < Mike Williams

Adams < Barnett

Adams < Fournette

Fournette > Davis

Fournette < Mike Williams

Foster < Lattimore ??

Completely irrelevant BC it would never happen- just a hypothetical. Then again nobody thought Tunsil would evn sniff outside of the top 10..things happen. So you have to be prepared for anything.

i take adams over every single person you mentioned because he's that good although barnett would be the one player i'd have the hardest time passing on for him

for me it would look more like this

Adams = Barnett > Foster > Lattimore > Davis > Williams > Fournette - that's not to say i don't like fournette because i do like him, i just like everyone else you mentioned better - this also isnt the order i think these guys go in necessarily but it's how they are on my ravens big board

21 minutes ago, rossihunter2 said:

i take adams over every single person you mentioned because he's that good although barnett would be the one player i'd have the hardest time passing on for him

for me it would look more like this

Adams = Barnett > Foster > Lattimore > Davis > Williams > Fournette - that's not to say i don't like fournette because i do like him, i just like everyone else you mentioned better - this also isnt the order i think these guys go in necessarily but it's how they are on my ravens big board

I think for me its 

Barnett> Lattimore> Foster>Williams>Fournette>Adams> Davis

I know many would think that's crazy but with our situation at safety I think we have to take that into consideration.

Pass rusher is the first priority if a guy like Barnett is there. Then comes CB if arguably the top rated Lattimore is there. Foster is a no brainer and fills an indirect need with the departure of Orr..that would give us the top lb duo in the league along with safety and a stout D line. Mike Williams would be next being the top WR candidate who fits the mold to a T of what we need in s receiver. Fournette would be a game changer and give us that guy that teams have to game plan for.  Becomes slightly more of a need with Dixon getting suspended.. Not a huge deal but if West went down with an injury we'd be in some trouble. For that reason I'd have to put him in front. Lastly I'd take Adams before Davis. Davis is great but he's the one guy out of all these players who's not seen as a top ten lock. It would be so hard to pass on Adams in these scenarios and it may not be the right move - just my opinion that we're so close to becoming a real contender- we just have to fill the two positions that have absolutely plagued us since 2013...cornerback and pass rusher. If I didn't think we couldn't get atleast another 3 solid years from Weddle I'd take Adams in a heartbeat over all these guys. I just think we're set there- and he's always been pretty durable. Knock on wood. Also if we can bring Webby back at a reduced number he will be very good depth at safety. 

Edited by January J

10 minutes ago, January J said:

I think for me its 

Barnett> Lattimore> Foster>Williams>Fournette>Adams> Davis

I know many would think that's crazy but with our situation at safety I think we have to take that into consideration.

Pass rusher is the first priority if a guy like Barnett is there. Then comes CB if arguably the top rated Lattimore is there. Foster is a no brainer and fills an indirect need with the departure of Orr..that would give us the top lb duo in the league along with safety and a stout D line. Mike Williams would be next being the top WR candidate who fits the mold to a T of what we need in s receiver. Fournette would be a game changer and give us that guy that teams have to game plan for.  Becomes slightly more of a need with Dixon getting suspended.. Not a huge deal but if West went down with an injury we'd be in some trouble. For that reason I'd have to put him in front. Lastly I'd take Adams before Davis. Davis is great but he's the one guy out of all these players who's not seen as a top ten lock. It would be so hard to pass on Adams in these scenarios and it may not be the right move - just my opinion that we're so close to becoming a real contender- we just have to fill the two positions that have absolutely plagued us since 2013...cornerback and pass rusher. If I didn't think we couldn't get atleast another 3 solid years from Weddle I'd take Adams in a heartbeat over all these guys. I just think we're set there- and he's always been pretty durable. Knock on wood. Also if we can bring Webby back at a reduced number he will be very good depth at safety. 

I honestly think Barnett and Davis have a pretty legitimate chance at sliding to us (compared to others). If they did I'd take Barnett in a heartbeat.

Since we're playing this game I guess I'll give it a go. 

Lattimore > Barnett > Howard > foster > Davis > Williams > Humphrey 

I didn't include hooker or Adams cause I see no realistic Crap that they are there. Same with fournette and I'm starting to dislike fournette. I just think he won't translate well to the NFL. Running over 18-22 year olds isn't the same as 22-30 year olds. Everyone is big and fast in the NFL 

I'll give it a go too...As of now I would go (top 16 big board)

1. Myles Garrett
2. Jamal Adams
3. Solomon Thomas
4. Jonathon Allen
5. Malik Hooker
6. Marshon Lattimore
7. Derek Barnett
8. Reuben Foster
9. Forrest Lamp
10. Marlon Humphrey
11. Mike Williams
12. Corey Davis
13. OJ Howard
14. Garrett Bolles
15. Jabril Peppers
16. Cam Robinson

1-6 are likely no chance but doing a top 16 is easiest to show who i would take given any scenario. I may be higher on Lamp and Bolles but I love how both play with toughness and could see either at RT. Obviously Lamp could line up inside too

1 hour ago, Dubs said:

I'll give it a go too...As of now I would go (top 16 big board)

1. Myles Garrett
2. Jamal Adams
3. Solomon Thomas
4. Jonathon Allen
5. Malik Hooker
6. Marshon Lattimore
7. Derek Barnett
8. Reuben Foster
9. Forrest Lamp
10. Marlon Humphrey
11. Mike Williams
12. Corey Davis
13. OJ Howard
14. Garrett Bolles
15. Jabril Peppers
16. Cam Robinson

1-6 are likely no chance but doing a top 16 is easiest to show who i would take given any scenario. I may be higher on Lamp and Bolles but I love how both play with toughness and could see either at RT. Obviously Lamp could line up inside too

Interesting board... Most analysts don't even have any offensive linemen in the top 20. 

3 hours ago, ravensnation5220 said:

Since we're playing this game I guess I'll give it a go. 

Lattimore > Barnett > Howard > foster > Davis > Williams > Humphrey 

I didn't include hooker or Adams cause I see no realistic Crap that they are there. Same with fournette and I'm starting to dislike fournette. I just think he won't translate well to the NFL. Running over 18-22 year olds isn't the same as 22-30 year olds. Everyone is big and fast in the NFL 

I see what you mean about fournette and i actually think you may be right. But Howard over foster and Williams? Don't know about that..

24 minutes ago, January J said:

I see what you mean about fournette and i actually think you may be right. But Howard over foster and Williams? Don't know about that..

I just see Howard as a generational talent. I think he can be the best tight end in the league it's just that we dont value tight ends that high in the NFL. I'm afraid foster could be a product of Bamas system and I'm a bama guy. I mean it took foster 2 years to start and I think they simplified things for him. As for Williams, I think receivers are overrated in the NFL. You can win without them and Williams is pretty one dimensional to me. He's not a top flight receiver and I don't think his roof is as high as people like. 

I just think Howard was underutilized at Bama, he does everything well and has no concerns off the feild. He maintained a 4.0 GPA as well. Foster has that nagging shoulder and the incedent at the combine doesn't bode well for him either. He also had questions coming out of high school. 

Howard just has the highest ceiling and has the highest floor of the 3. In my eyes at least

Just now, ravensnation5220 said:

I just see Howard as a generational talent. I think he can be the best tight end in the league it's just that we dont value tight ends that high in the NFL. I'm afraid foster could be a product of Bamas system and I'm a bama guy. I mean it took foster 2 years to start and I think they simplified things for him. As for Williams, I think receivers are overrated in the NFL. You can win without them and Williams is pretty one dimensional to me. He's not a top flight receiver and I don't think his roof is as high as people like. 

I just think Howard was underutilized at Bama, he does everything well and has no concerns off the feild. He maintained a 4.0 GPA as well. Foster has that nagging shoulder and the incedent at the combine doesn't bode well for him either. He also had questions coming out of high school. 

Howard just has the highest ceiling and has the highest floor of the 3. In my eyes at least

Howard would give Flacco a freak of an athlete that he could definitely use. He's also a great blocker, I really don't think anyone can go wrong with him, as long as he's utilized better than we used him at Bama.

18 hours ago, ravensnation5220 said:

Makes sense. We are just on max overload at the position lol... A lot of young potential but none of them have taken that next step. Would be nice if we could trade one and atleast get some compensation. Think there'd be any interest in pitta or maxx?

16 minutes ago, January J said:

Makes sense. We are just on max overload at the position lol... A lot of young potential but none of them have taken that next step. Would be nice if we could trade one and atleast get some compensation. Think there'd be any interest in pitta or maxx?

I'd like Howard for the fact that Flacco doesn't have that freak of an athlete that can stack up YAC even if you just dump it off at/behind the line. Not sure what offers Pitta or Maxx collects in the market, but Pitta's already accepted 2 pay cuts just to stay with us. I'd feel dirty trading him especially being Flacco's favorite target.

38 minutes ago, January J said:

I don't see us trading pitta. Maybe maxx or Gilmore but I don't think anything will happen until after the draft. If Howard is out bpa at 16 then we take him and worry about fixing the roster later. We like using tight ends in our offense anyways and since we don't have many receivers it wouldn't hurt to have a bunch of tight ends who can catch. 

21 hours ago, trevorsteadman said:

Interesting board... Most analysts don't even have any offensive linemen in the top 20. 

I do agree I may have the OL higher than most, largely because of the value I would place there. I love guys like Dalvin Cook and McCaffery and somewhat Fournette but I tend to devalue the RB position, also I have no QBs and I do like Watson. Also I think when making a big board for a specific team like the Ravens (or any team) it would be drastically different than a 'general draft analyst big board' as they really aren't ranking on scheme fit, need, what a 'ravens type' player is, divisional playing style, etc. 

From 9-12 I have a pretty big lump and is really interchangeable for me. I also noticed I forgot Quincy Wilson and would likely rather him over Cam Robinson, Peppers and Bolles

The top 3 I want that can realistically fall to us are 

1. Barnett

2. Corey davis

3. Marlon Humphrey 

i would be pretty sad if we pass on Davis or trade back if he's still on the board, because titans are 2 spots after us praying he falls to them.