EdTheMythicalOne

Will you Conintue to log into this Site once the Message Boards are closed.

Will You Continue to Visit This Site Once the Message Boards are Closed?   92 members have voted

1. 1. Once the Message Boards close, will you continue to visit this site for your Ravens information?

2. 2. When the Message Boards close, will you take the opportunity to follow this site's other social media outlets such as their Twitter or Facebook pages?

• Yes
    • No
    • If you already follow the other social media outlets from this site, would you continue to do so?
  3. 3. Would you be willing to pay a nominal yearly subscription fee to keep the boards active ($1-$5?)

• Yes
    • No
    • Would you rather make a donation rather than a yearly subscription?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

56 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Purple Punishment said:

OMG! Yes! NFL is literally in love with the Cowboys and Patriots these past few weeks. Especially with the Romo thing. God I want to vomit from their articles

Doesn't seem like the accurate time frame

I am already on FB and MySpace before that to keep an eye on what my then kids were into lol  FB is now a venue for me to swap pictures with my family and friends and not to have sites post on my behalf.  I personally think tweets are stupid, especially trying to figure out what some people are trying to say.  I have instagram but have never used it I signed up to see a friends pictures of her grandson.  I love this site and have put many, many, many hours into this to place and am beyond sad to see it go.

As someone previously said, I am a PSL holder for 3 seats that have gone up 19 buck per seat per game, so I do financially support the team.

I hate to sound mean or nasty but this is just horrible! 

Not everything can be measured by numbers, statistics, and analytics! We are probably the most loyal Ravens fans in the world. You can't measure loyalty! The world is changing but yet we are still here so as a reward, the decision makers are saying "heck there's not enough of you left so let's kill this"

i personally read every word on the news and Ravens talk boards! Every one! And I didn't even do that studying for finals in University.

Heck, I buy a jersey just about every year so why don't you make one with 00 and name it Flock! Il buy it and so will so many others. Use that money to keep this running. I'd rather wear that on my back than a player that's probably gone in a few years

to all the moderators and admins. Seriously, thank you for putting up with us for years. I love and appreciate you guys. I'm just pissed off at the one decision maker that made this decision without any input from us stakeholders. That's so Un-Raven

Edited by Halshayeji

SCROLL TO THE VERY BOTTOM OF ANY PAGE IN THE FORUMS.

THERE IS A "CONTACT US" LINK THAT LEADS TO THE RAVENS OFFICE AND HIGHER UPS.

USE IT, PLEASE. BE POLITE AND ELOQUENT AND MAYBE WE CAN AFFECT SOME CHANGE

I would pay a subscription fee if the moderating  didn't have to be so biased.  

I think far too often certain players get looked out for on the forums. 

Lets us just get our points across without cursing or attacking other posters.  Who cares how much we beat the "proverbial dead horse".

That's why its called an opinion.

Ravens over everything, Team before individuals.  

17 minutes ago, Virginia 55 said:

I would pay a subscription fee if the moderating  didn't have to be so biased.  

I think far too often certain players get looked out for on the forums. 

Lets us just get our points across without cursing or attacking other posters.  Who cares how much we beat the "proverbial dead horse".

That's why its called an opinion.

Ravens over everything, Team before individuals.  

As long as you bash Flacco in a Flacco thread, go at it 10 posts a minute for all we care. However, you absolutely littered the entire board, every single thread and now even status bar with the same and you complain about mods' bias?

Just now, ThatsMyJoeTerback said:

I'm on the boat that says no fee. There are so many unnecessary things on this site like Ravens Call. Who uses Ravens Call???

Grand parents mostly. 

Ed, like you, I will be disappointed when the forums close, but let it go dude.  I noticed you joined in June 2015, not even 2 years ago.  You were fine before you joined the forums, I'm sure you'll cope after they shut them down. 

38 minutes ago, 757RavensFan said:

Ed, like you, I will be disappointed when the forums close, but let it go dude.  I noticed you joined in June 2015, not even 2 years ago.  You were fine before you joined the forums, I'm sure you'll cope after they shut them down. 

And do you know why I came here? It is because ESPN closed their boards down and I left that site high and dry until I found this forum. I will do the same if they decide to still close these boards and according to the polls so far, a significant majority of responders will do the same. This site will quite literally be dead to me because the "news" isn't news I couldn't get elsewhere, the opinion articles are usually not very fulfilling, and there is no real insider information available. The video clips they have I find have very little value. Essentially what I am saying here is that the main value of this site to me is the forums. I can go elsewhere (and usually do) for my Ravens news. Doesn't that seem funny considering this is supposed to be the official site for the team?

2 hours ago, 757RavensFan said:

that's a bit of an asinine comment, i technically only joined last year but i've been on these boards in various ways for around 4-5 years... the time you've been a member doesn't lessen the importance of these boards to someone

Edited by rossihunter2

On 3/11/2017 at 11:46 PM, JoeyFlex5 said:

i wouldnt come here because the news section has gotten pretty bad. theres no news, no real information, all the videos and articles are basically "heres a long drawn out bunch of stuff you already know" or "lolfunstuff and amateur opinions"

New is late here.  I use br or other sources for quick info.  This site serves no purpose now outside of the pressers.

1 hour ago, rossihunter2 said:

that's a bit of an asinine comment, i technically only joined last year but i've been on these boards in various ways for around 4-5 years... the time you've been a member doesn't lessen the importance of these boards to someone

Missed my point.  There was a platform for Ravens news and fan interaction prior to joining/finding this forum.   There will be one after they close.  I use Ed's duration in the this group b/c other forums/ social media platforms were available back when he joined in 2015. I could see if he joined 10 years ago, there wasn't much to choose from then. 

Edited by 757RavensFan

21 hours ago, Purple Nurple said:

SCROLL TO THE VERY BOTTOM OF ANY PAGE IN THE FORUMS.

THERE IS A "CONTACT US" LINK THAT LEADS TO THE RAVENS OFFICE AND HIGHER UPS.

USE IT, PLEASE. BE POLITE AND ELOQUENT AND MAYBE WE CAN AFFECT SOME CHANGE

Great idea actually. If you start a thread and name it something like "How can we stop the Board from closing down"

Give us the instructions and il personally send an email. Il post it on the reply section right after I'm done. If enough of us do so then you may be right. Your simple reply here won't reach enough people or call for enough action

I'm old school. I hate social media like facebook or twitter. 

Once this place goes down, I'm probably moving to another Ravens board, even though none of them are close to be as good as here. And yeah, even though I'm not from USA, I'd be willing to pay a fee in order to keep this board active. 

As I read through this thread I am hit with things that will no longer be around when these forums close. At least, I don't think they will lol What about our hype videos? I loved those things.

Can we actually subscribe to keep these boards open? I wonder if the Ravens brass may be willing to consider that? After all as long as it keeps their costs down why not? The moderators aren't paid anyway. So, why not? I'm pretty sure the vast majority of people that visit these forums will be willing to pay a monthly fee just for the joy of reading each other's sometimes intelligent and sometimes idiotic posts, but most importantly all the great bashing and homerism that goes on! I'm going to miss it quite a bit and therefore willing to pay to keep it alive past May 8th.... Moderators if you read ths, please find out if its possible?

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:59 PM, ThatsMyJoeTerback said:

I'm on the boat that says no fee. There are so many unnecessary things on this site like Ravens Call. Who uses Ravens Call???

Whats Ravens Call?

40 minutes ago, Purple Nurple said:

Whats Ravens Call?

e-mail.

Yes e-mail.

Who does that anymore ?

I probably won't check the site that often after the forum closes. For breaking news I'll almost always go with Reddit or NFL.com since this site is kinda slow to confirm things. I was really only here to for the interactions.

On 3/12/2017 at 9:59 PM, ThatsMyJoeTerback said:

23 hours ago, K-Dog said:

e-mail.

Yes e-mail.

Who does that anymore ?

I didn't even know that existed.

I like (or should I say liked) this forum quite a bit, especially the draft talk subsection. Very disappointed to read that it's being discontinued. I loathe social media, since it seems full of trolls, unintelligent opinions, and emojis, so that mode of discourse is a very unappealing alternative. 

However, this forum disappearing is not the end of the world. There are plenty of other forums out there that are pretty good. Unfortunately, I can't name them, otherwise my post will likely be deleted, as has happened in the past. Nevertheless, the existence of other good forums isn't going to make me altogether forget about the good conversations I've had on this forum in the past. Going to miss some of the posters here. 

I don`t get this whole “shout down”! I think that nothing compares to this board!  Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are not made for discussions. If you try to start a discussion about something it get lost real quickly. We have some trolls here too but the rest of the social media world is full of them. Just look at nfl.com … it`s full of people trying to spread their hate for team X or telling you why their team is better.  Try a discussion there about FA signings or the Draft… or about games …no better don`t even think about talking seriously about a game … it might end in a riot one day…

A fee for a Boards would be a certificate of poverty (well I am German and not sure if you use this phrase like we do) for a Team that is part of a  billion $ industry. Every small Sports club over here in Germany has a own Fanbord…

With all the respect for the Admin and the Moderators – you don`t need much to keep a massage board running. You don`t need to monitor it 24/7… here are so many reasonable people… just create a way to alert one of the Mods when the Rules are broken.

To the 3 questions.

1)      Like always … I would read LFW, Eisenberg and sometimes watch the Videos …

2)      I just use FB … news there are almost always a day late… here and there a like …but no chance for a real discussion … twitter and Instagram is more a Quick Hits@ LFW thing… I don`t have a account there … sometimes I look at some twitter pages for specific information’s (mostly at the start of FA and the Draft) … to much irrelevant information’s. (Love our players but don`t need to know what they had for breakfast or how they spend their free time – sure there are some funny things and it`s always nice to see they have a family life like every other one … but the Quick Hits on LFW are enugh for me.)

3)      No! Look at my reasons above.

Edited by IceDevilHH81