EdTheMythicalOne

Will you Conintue to log into this Site once the Message Boards are closed.

Will You Continue to Visit This Site Once the Message Boards are Closed?   101 members have voted

  1. 1. Once the Message Boards close, will you continue to visit this site for your Ravens information?

  2. 2. When the Message Boards close, will you take the opportunity to follow this site's other social media outlets such as their Twitter or Facebook pages?

    • Yes
    • No
    • If you already follow the other social media outlets from this site, would you continue to do so?
  3. 3. Would you be willing to pay a nominal yearly subscription fee to keep the boards active ($1-$5?)

    • Yes
    • No
    • Would you rather make a donation rather than a yearly subscription?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

58 posts in this topic

i wouldnt come here because the news section has gotten pretty bad. theres no news, no real information, all the videos and articles are basically "heres a long drawn out bunch of stuff you already know" or "lolfunstuff and amateur opinions"

15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never visit the news section, I only check the forums so I'll probably just find another forum to read I guess 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I already follow the team on social media, but I would not go there for the kind of discussions that we have here. I don't think social media could ever replace this place.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, allblackraven said:

Lol, I clicked No on 3rd one automatically, then read it after hitting submit

And now you've doomed us all! LOL.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The main page would be the beginning and end of my participation. 

And I would completely avoid the comments section. 

I do not have a twidder account.  I "like" the Ravens FB page but have it "unfollowed"  because I always check in at BR.COM and otherwise it would be redundant. Additionally 90% of the comments from the FB page were annoying to say the least.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would definitely donate 5 or even $10 to support to keep the message board existed.  This is THE ONLY place to visit for football discussion or learn something about football.  I can't go anywhere if this closed down. and I can guaranteed that I will disappear as soon as the board shut down......

7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you all for voting and to those of you issuing feedback on why you voted the way you did. This is serving as good information for myself as well as I hope the people in charge that make the decisions around here. I hope they are paying attention to the people that are voting. Some long time members in here sharing their votes and feedback is very helpful. People with thousands of posts, and then our very long distance fans who don't post very often are none the less compelled to show their displeasure as well.

 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its a sad day if i have to pay a fee to make use of the official team forum lol.

have no issue paying for a site we ourselfs run though.

as for info i guess nfl.com will be fine and hello no to twitter and facebook.

Edited by Tru11
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see any reason why I'd touch this site with a barge pole without the forums (aside from streaming the end of season presser I guess). I wouldn't pay an annual fee, but I'd probably pay were it to use a donation-based model like some forums do. 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the forums close I will come for the full press conferences, post games, and signings. I like watching the 25minute player introductions.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Ravens send out a daily email with what is on the site so no reason to visit.  No way I would pay.  This isn't someone's personal site this is the Ravens official message board.  Biscotti has made 100's of millions off the Ravens and my tax dollars already subsidizes the team. If he doesn't want to pay the minimal money it costs to run this forum to promote his business why would I?

7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Moderator 3 said:

#2 needs a third option:  I already do.

Based on the comments I received in this thread I added a third option for questions 2 and 3.

If you didn't vote on those questions already then I hope these new options allow you to give an answer. If you did already vote for them using a choice you didn't really want then I apologize for not giving you that option earlier. I wasn't exactly sure how to cover all the bases for everyone.

The subscription thing is not something I advocate, just curious about it to show the people in charge how strongly some fans feel about this site. I completely understand the logic behind the people wanting to keep this a free site based on all the various factors already given.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lgcs27288 said:

Ill pay a subscription, but we better get some pretty bomb emojis.

I think the site should obviously offer the fans that would pay a subscription something extra. Not sure what that could be. Maybe all of the paid members could be in a raffle to pick a guest on one of the podcasts each month? Get some special access to the site that the normal free accounts don't get..though not sure how that would play out. I know ESPN would restrict some of their articles unless you were an "insider" and were a paid member. I hated that model and do not condone it. Maybe a chance to win some free pre season tickets or a chance once a year to win a ticket to a season game. Talk about connecting with your fan base.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tru11 said:

its a sad day if i have to pay a fee to make use of the official team forum lol.

have no issue paying for a site we ourselfs run though.

as for info i guess nfl.com will be fine and hello no to twitter and facebook.

PSL holders should get a free subscription :)

Edited by Purple Punishment
5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Purple Punishment said:

PSL holders should get a free subscription :)

That's saying this site would go in that direction, but I agree. If you are already a PSL owner or are a season ticket holder then I believe that perk should come to you, but that would take a bit of logistics for this site to determine who actually is and is not one of those people in order to get that perk.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, EdTheMythicalOne said:

That's saying this site would go in that direction, but I agree. If you are already a PSL owner or are a season ticket holder then I believe that perk should come to you, but that would take a bit of logistics for this site to determine who actually is and is not one of those people in order to get that perk.

 

Well if people were paying, resources would allow. We get new cards every year. Easy enough to send a photo to the mods?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Purple Punishment said:

 

Well if people were paying, resources would allow. We get new cards every year. Easy enough to send a photo to the mods?

I guess. A bit cart before the horse right now though.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EdTheMythicalOne said:

I guess. A bit cart before the horse right now though.

 

Yes indeed. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only reason I come to this site is for an easy read while I wake up with a cup of coffee or to read the comments section. Typically news on here is lagging the rest of the internet which is sad because this should be the go to place for ravens news. Big no to facebook and twitter. Time theifs the both of them. Late for work is great but is really just combining all the news from the day before that we all already knew anyway. The comments are what intrest me. So bye Ravens.com it's been a good run but all good things must come to an end. Oh and don't let my low comment count fool you. I have had many user names over the years but often forget my password and have never once had a response from the mods to help me so I just create a new one. Yet another example of how this site is mismanaged. Thank you to all of the regular contributors. You have made the season and offseason that much more enjoyable for me. You are the true value of this website. Oh and I know ed is just throwing the fee concept out there but to suggest that a multi billion dollar corporation needs to charge to provide a place for fans to discuss said corporation, the same fans that make the corporation worth anything to begin with is sad. 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ByTheBay said:

The only reason I come to this site is for an easy read while I wake up with a cup of coffee or to read the comments section. Typically news on here is lagging the rest of the internet which is sad because this should be the go to place for ravens news. Big no to facebook and twitter. Time theifs the both of them. Late for work is great but is really just combining all the news from the day before that we all already knew anyway. The comments are what intrest me. So bye Ravens.com it's been a good run but all good things must come to an end. Oh and don't let my low comment count fool you. I have had many user names over the years but often forget my password and have never once had a response from the mods to help me so I just create a new one. Yet another example of how this site is mismanaged. Thank you to all of the regular contributors. You have made the season and offseason that much more enjoyable for me. You are the true value of this website. Oh and I know ed is just throwing the fee concept out there but to suggest that a multi billion dollar corporation needs to charge to provide a place for fans to discuss said corporation, the same fans that make the corporation worth anything to begin with is sad. 

I appreciate your comments and feedback and in the end I share your opinion on the fee concept. This team should not have to make money off of the site considering all of the perks it got coming to Baltimore and the fact that it makes a ton of money every season.

Perhaps I am biased and think there is a rather large number of people that consider this their go to location to talk about their favorite team. I wonder if they promote this site and the fact that it does have such a robust message board community on their other social media platforms? Perhaps if they did, they would find themselves gaining even more passionate followers commenting here. I am of the opinion that the true value of this site is actually all of us. We're the ones reading the articles posted here and caring about them in one way or another. I am sure most of their clicks come from us.

Social Media is a frenzy and seems to be the way of the now. I admit I am an older person (40's) and I must be an old fuddy duddy at heart. I can walk around without my smart phone either glued to my ear or my fingers every second I am awake. When I did participate on Facebook and Twitter it was only when I was a writer for two other outlets that I won't mention here. I would have otherwise continued to ignore it as I do now. Those outlets are not a place to have conversations about this team. I suppose in a broad spectrum analysis of the situation, yes, in theory this site could connect to more fans through Twitter and Facebook, I am just hoping that the number they will be losing by proceeding with their current path is large enough to make them reconsider.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Ravens should really see how well the Orioles reporters on MasnSports cover the Orioles.  It is the first place I look for Orioles news and two writers who provide at least daily articles on the team.  Biscotti has had it easy as the team had been winning in the past. If the team continues to be losers like the last two seasons the casual fans like the ones who post on Facebook will stop attending games.  The season ticket holders who sell some or most of their tickets will stop buying tickets if they can't recoup some of their expense. With the Orioles, the Capitals and Wizards all winning there will be more competition for sports fans dollars.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a holder of 2 PSL's and season ticket buyer for both, this team already gets enough of my money. That said. it would be a cold day in hell before I would pay for the right to comment on these boards, no matter how little it may be. Shutting down these boards is just another slap in the face to the devoted fans that support this team.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Tru11 said:

its a sad day if i have to pay a fee to make use of the official team forum lol.

have no issue paying for a site we ourselfs run though.

as for info i guess nfl.com will be fine and hello no to twitter and facebook.

Honestly NFL.com is pretty awful too, I prefer Baltimore media outlets versus 'expert' analysis that only focuses on 6 teams. The QB index by Rosenhaul is laughable.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Inqui said:

I don't see any reason why I'd touch this site with a barge pole without the forums (aside from streaming the end of season presser I guess). I wouldn't pay an annual fee, but I'd probably pay were it to use a donation-based model like some forums do. 

Ravens wired is pretty good 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OUravensfan said:

Honestly NFL.com is pretty awful too, I prefer Baltimore media outlets versus 'expert' analysis that only focuses on 6 teams. The QB index by Rosenhaul is laughable.

 

 

OMG! Yes! NFL is literally in love with the Cowboys and Patriots these past few weeks. Especially with the Romo thing. God I want to vomit from their articles

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now