K-Dog

Thank You Lardarius Webb

103 posts in this topic

I met Ladarius one Friday evening at the Roost Convention in OC.  Young guy out there with the fans.  Very cool.  I think he played like a Raven for us. Very proud of him and sorry for his injuries.

ProFootballTalk is reporting that he and the team have agreed to a reunion for the season.

1 hour ago, Corvus said:

ProFootballTalk is reporting that he and the team have agreed to a reunion for the season.

hope this is true cuz it is a great news for our secondary depth...Webb provides such a valuable versatile in secondary; he can play slot, outside, and FS...in addition, he is a sure tackler for a small guy......

After all, he is a great assess on and off the field for the Ravens nation....

Edited by AsianRice

I hope this is true.

I don't want to change my avatar......

for a message board that is closing....

:mad:

Edited by K-Dog

Webby back in Purple and Black would be AWESOME!!! He would give us so much versatility on the back end of the defense being able to play multiple positions and at a more cap friendly price. 

i'm whatever about it. Another body, albeit an ageing one. 

aside from jefferson I don't see how we have improved his off season. please dont say brandon carr..he's not any better than shareece wright these days.

I think it's a good depth move. We really don't have any at safety behind Weddle and Jefferson except for Levine and Webb improved at safety every week. Much better than he was at cornerback anyway.

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 0:54 AM, Sami84 said:

i'm whatever about it. Another body, albeit an ageing one. 

aside from jefferson I don't see how we have improved his off season. please dont say brandon carr..he's not any better than shareece wright these days.

okay lmao

14 minutes ago, Jonah DeVito said:

okay lmao

We lost Jernigan and Wagner and Juice

We gained Jefferson and Carr

I know there hasnt been one season in ravens history where certain members can't see reality but i really don't see how we have improved this offseason.

Harbs in denial about his team in the draft press conference.He bullishly says ''We have playmakers'' and lists a bunch of mediocrity.

Just now, Sami84 said:

I know there hasnt been one season in ravens history where certain members can't see reality but i really don't see how we have improved this offseason.

Harbs in denial about his team in the draft press conference.He bullishly says ''We have playmakers'' and lists a bunch of mediocrity.

My comment was directed more so to Carr being Wright 2.0

5 minutes ago, Jonah DeVito said:

My comment was directed more so to Carr being Wright 2.0

well he isnt that much better and he's even older.

we seem to be allergic to drafting secondary players who intercept the ball and now we go on get one in FO who doesnt either.

Edited by Sami84

I don't see how its not a win if he's a backup, you're not going to find another guy who knows the system that well from multiple positions, is as good a tackler and as good of a blitzer at this point in FA.  Webb as a potential 3rd safety and 5th corner?  Can do a lot worse.

Our secondary just got deep, with actual talent we can rely on. I am excited for this unit barring Jimmy Smith and his health....

Lord...

Smith and Carr on the corners, Young and Webb in the inside??????????? Jefferson, Weddle, and Webb in the back field? Yesssssss

12 hours ago, Sami84 said:

Just take your ball and go home. 😀

5 minutes ago, rossihunter2 said:

and webby is coming back on a 3 year deal - i imagine he'll retire as a raven now

Yay!

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 7:16 PM, cobrajet said:

YES!!!!!!! I like it!!!!!!!!!!!

Love this!

One of my favorite Ravens, through and through.

Excited to officially have Webb back.  Perfect depth piece in the secondary that we know can play a myriad of roles if needed.  Should slot in really well as our 5th/6th DB after coming on strong at his new position late last year.

Three year deal? Hope it's low on the guarantees and has a coaching option in year three but I'm happy as hell that Webb's gonna retire a Raven now.

Just now, The Raven said:

Three year deal? Hope it's low on the guarantees and has a coaching option in year three but I'm happy as hell that Webb's gonna retire a Raven now.

I'd guess it might be similar to Carr's deal.  Low signing bonus with options/roster bonuses in years 2 and 3.  Mostly a paper move.

13 minutes ago, K-Dog said:

And there was much rejoicing. 

You and my oldest son get some more mileage out of that jersey!  

Nice to have Webb back at a lower price, can help at a variety of positions and allows us to focus on a more long term solution at CB as opposed to someone who needs to play now(and that makes us a real intriguing option for a certain player hint hint)

1 minute ago, hn68wb4 said:

I wonder what number Jefferson is going to take now that Webb is back

That's funny someone just asked him that on Twitter he said a new # so hes giving Webb back his number 21

Just now, Ravenskid52752 said:

That's funny someone just asked him that on Twitter he said a new # so hes giving Webb back his number 21

I figured as much, he seems like a stand up guy and considering he wasn't 21 with the Cardinals I don't think he's attached to that number in any way

Glad Webb is back . He brings alot to the secondary  and a team basically need about 3 safeties that can start in this league.